Pro Wrestling Only

Suggestions for things to include in the future

Loss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty Jones vs. Terry Rudge (some time in the early 70s)

Jackie Sato vs. Rimi Yokota from 12/80 (not the more famous and available title change)

An Steve Wright match, not sure which one yet (need to watch more 90s stuff vs. Finlay and Zrno to decide)

Doink vs. Fit Finlay

Los Brazos vs. Los Bucaneros (some time in 1989)

Los 4 Temerarios vs. Ninja Turtles (Universal)

The Ric Flair/Ted DiBiase NWA Title match from Mid South, with the Dick Murdoch angle.

The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. Tully/Arn for the NWA Tag Titles, when the horseman win the belts.

Tully/Arn vs. Windham/Luger, when Barry turns on Luger and joins the Horsemen (the match that should have been on the WWE DVD)

I will find a way to put every suggestion made on future discs if at all possible, so thanks, and keep 'em coming.

Without spoiling too much about the content (yet), the first DVD has stuff from 90s WWF, Mid Atlantic, 80s AJW, early 90s WCW, early 90s AJPW, Mid South, Memphis, early 90s EMLL and World of Sport. The next volume will probably be something to offset that a little featuring more NJPW, maybe some UWF or UWF-i, maybe some Hamada's UWF or Michinoku Pro, some lucha from a different time period, some mid-80s NWA, some AWA, some SMW and a few other things. The third volume would be stuff that wasn't on the first two, and then you'd circle back around. I want to hit on as much variety as possible.

I'd like to see a Volk Han mat-based classic, a hard-hitting UWF-I battle and a post-modern BattleARTS masterpiece all one after another on one disc at some point. I think it might lead to interesting discussion about the variety of possible shoot style matches.

I don't think I have Hansen & Gordy vs. Tenryu and Kawada 12/16/88 anywhere in my collection, so I'd be tickled if it showed up on one of these discs.

Any of the Tupelo concession stand brawls... and I'm sure they're already in the mix for the future.

The '89 Steamboat vs. Luger house show match is another I've never seen for myself.

Some Stampede would be nice. Maybe Owen & Bassarab or Bad Company (Bruce & Pillman) vs. The Viet Cong Express

Chiggy & Lioness vs the JBA two out of three falls from 1986 would be great to see, too.

Sugar Sato or Oz vs. KAORU from Schneider comp # 11 (May 2000) would be great to see in better video quality (I only have a millionth-gen copy of that one).

Bret & Owen vs. Rick & Scott (1994) would be fun to discuss here...

...as would Blue Panther vs. Atlantis... Williams & Gordy vs. The Steiners from '92... Hash vs. Takada '96.... Funk vs. Onita '92... Dos Caras vs. The Great Sasuke from that mask tournament... Baba vs. Kiniski from 1967...

There are so many matches that would be fun to discuss here... this is a great idea, and I'm really looking forward to the day my DVD arrives. There are three matches on there that I've been dying to see for years.

Los 4 Temerarios vs. Ninja Turtles (Universal)

I saw this the other day, if it's the match that's on the same show as the Santo v Casas match. Does your version have sound, because mine had no audio?

Some lucha suggestions:

Los Thundercats vs Los Arqueros (2 great matches from EMLL 1990)

Perro Aguayo/Ringo Mendoza/Lizmark vs. Fabuloso Blondy/Sangre Chicana/Satanico (6/10/90 - great booking that turns one guy rudo and 2 guys technico in such a simple and logical way)

Mocho Cota v Americo Rocca (1984)

The mask match with Shrek (seconded by Burrito) just for the ridiculous spectacle (Monterrey 2005)

El Dandy/Apolo Dantes/Ringo Mendoza vs. Bestia Salvaje/ Los Canibales akaThe Moondogs Spot & Spike (1991)

El Dandy v Javier Llanes (1994) the best Dandy singles match?

Jerry Estrada v La Parka (AAA 1995)

...and any match involving the great Herodes ofcourse!

Herodes, you are talking about the Turtles vs. Terry, Feliciano and the Scorpios. The match I mention in Japan, against Terry, Feliciano, Shu and Lobo Rubio.

But I back up this man, at some point there's got to be some mid 80s Herodes around. Well, of course, there are so many suggestions, but I'm really looking forward to the 1st volume.

The '89 Steamboat vs. Luger house show match is another I've never seen for myself.

Unfortunately, that match didn't make tape. Jeff Bowdren saw it live in Philly.

D'oh!

All of your others will most likely make disc at some point.

Woo-hoo!

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking today that Erik Watts vs Ravishing Rick Rude would be the perfect type of match for a compilation like this. Cool, great, rare stuff with a hot? crowd that is overlooked. I don't know the date anymore but it's the match where Erik Watts would just not stay down.

Also, I was watching one of the IWC favs today and for certain reasons it got me thinking of Tito Santana simply because Santana was better than him. We need Santana vs Flair, Akeem or Mr. Perfect

Or Haku vs Shane Douglas from Douglas' first run there just to see if I'd still like it all these years later. The best of Johnny Smith's matches as well.