Pro Wrestling Only

Suggestions for things to include in the future

Loss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how much ECW you've got, Loss, but I'd love to see either the match where Dreamer "blinds" Sandman (IMO the angle that really started ECW's hot period) or one of Raven's earlier appearances in ECW.

There's a great Raven-Dreamer match from ECW TV (spring 95) from one of their Florida shows that most people probably haven't seen. I can find out exactly when it was if you'd like.

As for me, I'd love to see newly heeled Barry Windham vs face Lex Luger from the summer of 88 if any of those matches ever made tape (I remember seeing a pic in PWI years ago but that's it) or Barry's US title tournament final win over Nikita if that exists.

Something that I know exists that would be cool is Nikita's face turn with Dusty against Ole and JJ Dillon in a cage match. Awesome shit that should've made the Horsemen or Dusty DVD at least in clip form but didn't for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

A really good 70's Andre the Giant match, I will have specific suggestions soon

It may not be what Phil comes up with, but I'd love to see Andre vs. Don Leo Jonathan again.

...By "again" do you mean you saw them wrestle live? Because if there is tape of the two of them going at it, I have never seen it and would LOVE to!

I would recommend Andre vs. Mad Dog Vachon from 1974 Grand Prix if you need a good, athletic-looking Andre match for these.

...and if your looking for a good AWA match or two to include, I would start with the High Flyers vs. Martel/Santana bouts from 7/82 and 8/82 in St. Paul. Only the last 5 minutes of the first bout are available, but everything but the first few minutes of the rematch is available. Real good stuff there.

After that, Jumbo-Martel from 9/29/85 in St. Paul, Bock/Stevens vs. Gagne/Brunzell from 4/80 Winnipeg, and Bockwinkel vs. darn near anyone would be good choices. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thatdude21601

Is you have Ginnetty's #5 joshi disc, the Dump/JB six man match there would be a fun addition. Dump flips out and chases the crowd around, it looks like a hornet chasing a bee swarm.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Unholy Dragon

I've heard whispers of a Dynamite Kid vs. Chris Benoit singles match from Stampede.

If anyone had that, I'd be hella impressed, not to mention salivating.

Yeah, safe to say the weirdness about watching Benoit has passed for me, though I do occasionally cringe at a nasty head bump as I do with Angle matches.

Also, I've never seen the (rather famous) Zbyzko vs. Sammartino cage match from 1980, and it strikes me that whether it's actually good or not, I probably should.

• 4 weeks later...

Anything from the Billy/Fabi/Gran Apache feud maybe? I don't know if the focus is more on old school stuff but I know there's a lot of folks who'd like to see some of that (like me B) ).

For more old school stuff, how about some Southwest stuff with Tully and Gino? More people need to see what surely inspired a young Mr. Hickenbottom.

• 3 weeks later...

This is about to go full-swing again. I think I was trying way too hard to make everything chosen obscure, when that's not really necessary. Some great matches are great matches and people know they're great matches. Going about it that way makes the selection process much easier.

Stay tuned.

An AWA match that on paper didn't look especially interesting but turned out to be a favorite of mine...

AWA champ Nick Bockwinkel vs. Sheik Adnan-Al Kaissie,with Baron Von Raschke as special referee.Saw it on one of khawk's great AWA comps,and I love it.This was one great feud,with Nick sort of doing the "walking tall" gimmick.Heenan does a "spirit of 76" save attempt.Great,great stuff.Ends one program and starts another.

Guest jawhnb74

I would like to see more of the Sweet Brown Sugar/Eaton Memphis tag team. I have only seen one match, Cornette always hypes them as one of the best tag teams he ever saw.