Pro Wrestling Only

ROSTERS AND TRANSACTIONS

kevinmcfl

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that once a wrestler is on your roster, you can use him as you see fit as long as it is a character they used in real life.  I have rushed Shane Douglas into the Franchise even though he was not that until 1993 or so.  I had Wahoo McDaniel just play a huge heel role even though, technically, he is way past his prime.  I think Rain used Darryl Peterson as Maxx Payne before he was that in real life.  We have all held on to wrestler's glory days far too long and made rookies play bigger roles then they were ready for.  In my opinion, it is more important to be try and be realistic with talent instead of name.  Where Ultimo Dragon or Yoshihiro Asai is in terms of ability in 1988 is more important to me then the name he uses.  If others disagree, I am always for majority rule as this is all of our game and we have equal say.  

I would like others opinions on Tiger Mask 2.  From the research I found, he wrestled 2 matches in the U.S. in 1986 and then didn't return until after 2000.  I might be wring on that and if I am, please let me know.  I know we have allowed a few others to come in early but not sure he has enough North American experience to be included here.  Please everyone, let me know your thoughts.

28 minutes ago, kevinmcfl said:

I would like others opinions on Tiger Mask 2.  From the research I found, he wrestled 2 matches in the U.S. in 1986 and then didn't return until after 2000.  I might be wring on that and if I am, please let me know.  I know we have allowed a few others to come in early but not sure he has enough North American experience to be included here.  Please everyone, let me know your thoughts.

The other thing on Tiger Mask 2 is that according to our rules, a wrestler has to wrestle 10 matches in the U.S or Canada in a current or future year to be eligible.  Tiger Mask has not reached that as of 1988 and never does wrestle 10 matches in U.S. or Canada in any year.  Again, my research is only from wrestlingdata.com so there may be more info out there.

I think Misawa might be a bit of a push. We have some Japanese wrestlers on our rosters, but they had some North American presence. Misawa never had any substantial run in North America. On the other hand, I think Kawada had some runs in North America. (I recall a friend of mine said he saw him wrestle in International at the Bob Guertin Arena in Hull.)

We haven't been 100% consistent with the rule, there have been some international wrestlers who have stayed for longer than their real life times in North America. I am always in favor of more pieces on the board, so if everyone else is good with Tiger Mask 2 coming in, I am too. I am expressing an interest in having Kawada come in, he had runs in both International and Stampede, albeit a couple of years before the current time. 

I am going to take the other side.  I think with wrestlers from Europe and Asia, I would like to hold to a 10 match in one year before they are eligible.  I just think that is more realistic.  I know we have made some mistakes before but would rather keep that in place.  As far as how long they stay, I think that once they have shown they are going to stay for a few months, it is conceivable that they stay for the long haul.

I think we have such a large pool of wrestlers already with their only being 7 of us that our rosters would get even more bloated with stars if we allowed anyone in as long they came to North America for one match.  There is nobody here who can say that there roster is short on talent on then IPW and he said that he is enjoying what he currently has.  The rest of us are like WWF vs WCW in terms of rosters.  Tiger Mask rarely ever stayed for more then two matches.  Keeping him for 3-6 months is very different then his usual weekend trip to wrestle in some big event like the Crocket Cup like he did in 86.  

I have a question about the Tiger Mask 2 question? Did he wrestle at least 10 matches in a year in Japan/abroad?

If the answer is yes, I think he or any Japanese based wrestler should be available for use in the US. I know I am new here and don't really want to step on anyone's toes but the thing you also have to consider is the structure of the league we have here in 1988 versus what existed in the US in real life.

Real life, the territory system was all but dead minus a few small places. You had Vince and the beginnings of Turner/WCW which meant there were just two big promotions plus a few smaller dying ones. Our league has in the neighborhood of 6 or 7 big promotions, my little one who won't be bringing in foreign talent, parttime/way behind WWF and absent Florida - that's quite a few big guys with a lot of active wrestlers who might have, if this was the way things really went, might have turned to bringing in foreign talent to get a leg up on the competition.

A Japanese piece here and there as part of a talent exchange makes sense to me. We already have WCW sending talent to tour Japan, it makes sense to me you might have the reverse of that.