Pro Wrestling Only

ROSTERS AND TRANSACTIONS

kevinmcfl

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running both WCW and WWF now? Just curious because if the WCW roster is going to open up then maybe I can get Vader to start his UWFi run a few years earlier than in real life. :lol: I really want one of those "monster gaijins" in the vein of Gary Albright or Vader on my roster. Just putting that out there... 

7 minutes ago, Control21 said:

Are you running both WCW and WWF now? Just curious because if the WCW roster is going to open up then maybe I can get Vader to start his UWFi run a few years earlier than in real life. :lol: I really want one of those "monster gaijins" in the vein of Gary Albright or Vader on my roster. Just putting that out there... 

Low Blow will be running WWF and the WCW roster will go into the draft. Given that Leon White/Vader was still in what would be mostly a professional wrestling career, with only a relatively brief detour into shoot style, I think he should go to one of the regular rosters.

That said, should whoever picks Vader up in the draft be open to it, you could arrange to have Vader appear in UWF on a special appearance basis. Speaking as someone who tends to use monster heels sparingly to preserve their mystique, it would be a way for them to "earn some money" while still being available for whatever their main roster would need them for. Sort of like what Vince Sr. did with Andre.

11 minutes ago, rainmakerrtv said:

Low Blow will be running WWF and the WCW roster will go into the draft. Given that Leon White/Vader was still in what would be mostly a professional wrestling career, with only a relatively brief detour into shoot style, I think he should go to one of the regular rosters.

That said, should whoever picks Vader up in the draft be open to it, you could arrange to have Vader appear in UWF on a special appearance basis. Speaking as someone who tends to use monster heels sparingly to preserve their mystique, it would be a way for them to "earn some money" while still being available for whatever their main roster would need them for. Sort of like what Vince Sr. did with Andre.

Vader was working NJPW a lot in 1988. I don't think it would be that much of a stretch for Vader to work UWF (especially since UWF was able to bring in guys like Backlund in 1988). 

With Lowblow now running WWF, the wrestlers who should have been retired are now considered to be retired and have been removed from the roster.

As for Vader and Japan, the deal with Control is that his promotion is eligible for 3-6 month exchanges with a North American promotion.  So where ever Vader ends up, a deal could be made between the two promotions.  That will go with all wrestlers in North America.

Just now, kevinmcfl said:

With Lowblow now running WWF, the wrestlers who should have been retired are now considered to be retired and have been removed from the roster.

As for Vader and Japan, the deal with Control is that his promotion is eligible for 3-6 month exchanges with a North American promotion.  So where ever Vader ends up, a deal could be made between the two promotions.  That will go with all wrestlers in North America.

I don't mind doing that, but I just figured I would make my desire for someone like Vader known and take advantage of the current turnover with some of the rosters and maybe get him on a more permanent basis. I just want people to know that I'm not asking for random wrestlers for no reason. Vader worked UWFi in real life (a descendant of UWF) and was mainly working in Japan in the late 1980s, so things match up to some degree. Shoot-style promotions often used "monster gaijins" to go against their native roster just like any other Japanese promotion. 

Stampede (soon to be Memphis... Jimmy Jack) traded with Memphis (soon to WCW.... Kevin

1. Jerry Lawler
  2. Bill Dundee
  3. Tommy Rich
  4. Austin Idol
  5. Dutch Mantel
  6. The Dirty White Boy
  7. The Grappler
  8. Nightmare Danny Davis
  9. Nightmare Ken Wayne
  10. Roger Smith
  11. Don Bass
  12. Adrian Street
  13. Ms. Linda (Manager) 
  14. Jeff Jarrett

For all picks in the upcoming supplemental draft and Jimmy Jack's 1st and 3rd round picks in the rookie draft.  

Sorry, left one thing out... Jimmy Jack has released a few wrestlers into free agency as he is moving to Memphis.  If he released anyone he took from you during his unprotected draft and you would like to reclaim them, you are free to do that.  Check free agency to see if any of your wrestlers are there and let me know.  

Other than this, free agency is closed

I'll be honest...it's slightly frustrating to be stonewalled a bit because I want to add a type of wrestler to my roster to fill a certain role. You have 60+ guys on your roster Rain, don't you think it would be the polite/fair thing to do to let one of the new guys take advantage of the roster turnover as well to get a guy they want? Just seems like my requests are being handwaved. I get this is an established group with a certain hierarchy and group dynamics naturally come into play...but come on.

I understand you may be frustrated but Rain has all the right in the world to regain his wrestlers that never would have been available if we were not as welcoming to new writers as we are.  I have been involved in other games where you get what's left over and that's it!

Look at the roster LowBlow has built in a year with us.  That is partly due to great trades on his part but also because he started with some talent that we gave him.  We gave you three continents worth of people to pick from but it is our fault for wanting our own wrestlers back!  Come on.  

I have received over 150 emails in the past 24 hours and many have not been the kindest.  I am sorry that some people don't like that our game has rules.  To publicly complain about what we do is uncalled for.  So ... as you said... come on!  

If people can't tell... I have had about enough.  I have answered ever email.  I have tried to explain our rules.  I have tried  be help to as many people as I could to enjoy our version of the game.  I have actually given away 1/2 my roster on 3 different occasions.  But we are still the ones doing others wrong.

Take this as you want but I am about to be the one who walks.  This is the first time in 5 years I have publically voiced my displeasure.  That is how tired of the nonsense I am.  My kids are wondering what I have been doing all weekend.  You try to explain to them that I am busy trying to make grown men happy over who is in the game, who is on their roster, why others aren't being nice and why do they have to follow the rules.  Try those excuses with your bosses.  

My apologies, I didn't mean to cause a scene or get emotions up. I just love shoot-style and shoot-style adjacent wrestlers so I'm naturally eager to work with those types of wrestlers my first time doing this...and I'm trying to be realistic with how I roll out the wrestlers already on my roster and pace myself, so I don't burn myself out.  I probably shouldn't have said anything.

5 hours ago, kevinmcfl said:

I have received over 150 emails in the past 24 hours and many have not been the kindest.  I am sorry that some people don't like that our game has rules.  To publicly complain about what we do is uncalled for.  So ... as you said... come on!  

Good grief, 150 emails? :o Jeeeezus get a grip, fellas. :wacko: