Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, June 17th

The Wild Things (Cactus Jack & Art Barr) vs. Jim Lynch & Blake Towsley

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI Art Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, Wrestling

Last week, Cactus Jack and Art Barr made their split from the Army and set out on their own. They made their first appearance under the name of the Wild Things at the co-promotional show in Japan , but this would be their North American re-debut. Lynch and Towsley were probably wishing that they had done so on another show, as the Wild Things were merciless as they bounced them all over the ring. Clearly looking to prove that they were heading in a different direction than the Army, they were downright cruel as they tormented the two rookies. It may have seemed like a relief for Lynch when Barr went up top and hit the Frog Splash for the win. But the Wild Things hadn't had enough fun yet, as Cactus clothesline Towsley out of the ring after the match, then followed up with a running elbow drop from the apron to the concrete floor. You've got to believe that some people in PCW are more than a bit nervous now that Cactus and Barr have been unleashed from Leo Burke's calming influence.

The Pride (Joe Malenko, Dean Malenko & Doug Furnas) vs. Chavo, Hector & Eddie Guerrero

Funk's Corner – The Funks vs. The Malenkos – Online World of Wrestling Doug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaWrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.comHéctor Guerrero — The Movie Database (TMDB)Pin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

Last week, The Pride scored an impressive victory over the Guerrero Brothers. A major factor in that match was the fact that Eddie was hot on the heels of a brutal and draining cage match against Art Barr. His brothers did their best to protect him in the six man match, but Eddie insisted in putting himself in the middle of the fray, leading to him being submitted by Dean Malenko. Still keen to prove himself, it was Eddie who insisted on this rematch. His brothers were still trying to keep him from being injured again, and no matter how much he called to them from the ring apron, they refused to tag them in. Once again, it led to them effectively giving up a 3 to 2 advantage, never a wise plan , especially against three stud athletes the caliber of Furnas and the Malenkos. Finally, in desperation, Chavo and Hector went to the corner … but Eddie was no longer there. They looked and saw him walking back to the locker room with a dejected look. They called to him , but he was clearly ignoring them and vanished through the curtain. The Pride took advantage of this distraction, and Joe hit a German Suplex on Chavo while Dean and Furnas dropkicked Hector out of the ring. As much as the loss must hurt, Hector and Chavo were clearly more concerned with what was going on with their youngest brother.

Lord Humongous vs. Bobby John Drinkard

Before the match started, Percy Pringle came out that Lord Humongous was no more. After losing his mask in a match with Konnan, he was no long going to settle for merely ruling the wastelands. He was now the man who rules the world … SID VICIOUS!

The Match #10: Psycho Sid Vs. Jinder Mahal In GNW '08 – Wrestling Recaps

The newly dubbed Sid Vicious lived up to his name as he administered an hellacious drubbing on poor Drinkard. He whipped the unfortunate rookie from pillar to post and slammed him repeatedly to the mat before planting him with a Power Bomb. Not satisfied with one, he administered 2 more before planting his foot on Drinkard's chest to finally put an end to this massacre. Drinkard was taken away from the ring on a stretcher, from which Vicious callously tossed him on his way back to the locker room. If Vicious is going to rule the world, he is certainly off to a convincing start.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests didn't take long to become one of the most dominant groups in Pacific Coast Wrestling … the Knights Templar!

The crowd boos as Bob Backlund, Gary Young, Chris Candido, Al Snow, Jack Victory and John Tatum all troop out to the ring. Contrary to their more recent appearances, this time Tatum and Victory look just as disgruntled as the rest of the Knights.

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesGary Young – Online World of WrestlingChris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn BellWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn BellJohn Tatum – Online World of Wrestling

Bonnema : Bob … errr, Mr. Bob Backlund, it looks like everything is coming up roses for you and your men, with you holding both the California and the Submission titles. But word is that not all is well in the ranks of the Knights Templar. Care to comment?

Backlund : Yes, but not to the likes of you, Bonnema. You have no place in our business. Hand over that microphone and get out. (Bonnema shrugs and does just that.) Tatum! (John Tatum pouts even more, if that is possible) We brought you into the Knights Templar based on the recommendation of Jack Victory. We all had such high hopes for you. But I am starting to feel like you are not truly Knights Templar material. Frankly, you have become an attitude and disciplinary problem. I am doubting your commitment to clean living. Worse, your presence is having a negative effect on Jack Victory. But worst of all, last week, I gave you a direct order to take care of Billy Jack Haynes, and you refused! What do you have to say for yourself?

Tatum : When my good friend Jack called me up and told me about your so-called Knights, it sounded like the roughest, toughest bunch of scrappers in wrestling. I jumped at the chance to join in! But then I find they're a bunch of milk-drinking mama's boys! (The rest of the Knights are clearly annoyed by this) This is the least amount of fun I've ever had. I didn't sign up to hear no sermon. You're the California Champ, but you keep running down California, saying it is corrupt and evil. I love California! (A cheer from the California fans) I'm "Hollywood" John Tatum, this is my home state. I don't want to hear that garbage about it. And then you keep making with the orders. Orders, orders, orders … always orders! And you order me to attack Billy Jack Haynes. He's one of the toughest SOBs I've ever faced, he's earned my respect. We settled our differences in the ring like men and I don't have a beef with him anymore. I'm not going to stab him in the back just because of your orders!

Backlund : I see . I think it is safe to say that your time in the Knights Templar is at a close. The question is, are you the only one to leave? Jack, what are your thoughts on this? Do you stand with him … or do you stand with us?

Victory : Well, Mr. Bob Backlund, John was definitely right in one respect … I did tell him how great the Knights Templar were. I've seen what a leader you are close up. I've seen the incredible things you could do. Gary Young … in one of the most shameful things I've done, I helped kick you out of what was the Hollywood Knights. (Young glares) We left you laying in the ring. Then you came back and Mr. Backlund helped you become one of the most feared competitors in PCW. You got a TV title shot against Tony St. Clair and proved to everyone you are the real deal. And Chris, Al … (Candido and Snow give him a wary look) the Bomb Squad were a promising but very inexperienced team. Mr. Backlund worked his magic and you are rocketing up the tag team rankings. You are tournament finalists and even got a shot at the Pacific Tag Titles. But here's the thing …. I was getting wins *before* Mr. Bob Backlund came on the scene. I was knocking off opponents left and right , and after the Knights Templar formed, I kept on doing it. So where's my title shot, huh? All the praise, all the glory, went to your boys here, while I got the results but none of the praise. In fact, the only one I see here with any actual title belts … is you! (Backlund's face starts to turn red with anger.) You've got two titles, and you expect us to put our effort into helping you get a third to add to your collection. Frankly, *Bob* , (Backlund is getting more furious) it seems like this group has always been all about you. I'm never going to be one of your pet projects, I'm never going to be one of your personal favorites, so what's the point? John is my best friend, he's always had my back, he's never made me feel second class … I'm sticking with him!

Backlund : (just barely getting himself under control) Very well. If that's how you feel, I won't stop you. Just be aware that, if you walk out the door and leave the Knights Templar, it will lock behind you and never open up again.

Victory : Maybe so, but we are going to walk out with our heads held high! Been real, *Bob*!

Tatum and Victory leave the ring. The rest of the Knights look like they are going to go after them, but Backlund gives them the signal to stand down. Regardless, Backlund looks incredibly disappointed.

Ron Simmons & Dingo Warrior vs. Curtis Hughes & Rick Gantner

image.png.7ecf37a8aaecb87994e5ba394406a6a2.png Dingo Warrior aka Ultimate warrior wccw | Wwe legends, Wrestling  superstars, Professional wrestlingCurtis Hughes – Online World of WrestlingBULL PAIN Rick Gantner Badass Biker Thug Classic Pro Wrestling Heel -  YouTube

The focused Simmons and the over the top Warrior may have made for an unusual friendship, but they have become an effective team lately. At Seattle Showdown, Simmons and Hughes fought each other to a standstill. Tonight, Hughes would bring in one half of the Wild Bulls as his partner, and Ronnie P. Gossett's men gave a ferocious battle to the two powerhouses. Hughes and Simmons went at it fist and fire, and Gantner showed no fear in slugging it out with Dingo before finally going down to a powerslam. A hard fought victory, but Hughes is going to want another crack at Simmons sooner or later.

California & Submission Title Match : Bob Backlund © vs. Jim Neidhart

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

After what transpired earlier in the evening, Bob Backlund was clearly displeased and looking for someone on whom to take out his displeasure. Enter the Anvil. After quickly tapping out to Maxx Payne at Seattle Showdown, Neidhart has been anxious to prove himself and erase all memory of that from the minds of the fans. Being both a California native and a former Oakland Raider, he also didn't want to let down his hometown crowd. Backlund was very aggressive with Neidhart from the start of the match, but seemed caught off guard by Neidhart matching his aggression, shot for shot and move for move. Neidhart was able to knock Backlund off his feet with a running tackle, then tried to apply the Camel Clutch. Backlund has especially bad memories of that particular move and fought his way out of it. Neidhart then tried to trap him in the Anvilizer (swinging Cobra Clutch), but Backlund also had a lot of experience with the Camel Clutch through past battles with Sgt. Slaughter, and was able to counter with an armdrag. Backlund went all out on Neidhart, working over his shoulder and looking to capitalize on the past injury. He finally caught Neidhart in the Cross Face Chicken Wing and it seemed like that was it for the Anvil. Neidhart was clearly in agony but kept fighting. He kept pushing back with his powerful legs until he was able to get to the ropes, forcing the break. Backlund looked both surprised and impressed. Strangely, for the rest of the match, Backlund seemed to be deliberately avoiding Neidhart's vulnerable shoulder, instead trying to catch him in a pinning situation. Neidhart still had enough left in the tank to keep powering out, and was exchanging mighty forearm shots with Backlund when the bell rang to declare a 15 minute TV time limit draw. After the match, Backlund shook Neidhart's hand in a show of respect, something he was not prone for showing to anyone outside the Knights Templar.

The Wild Things are on the loose & the tag division had better watch out.

Looks like Eddie has finally had enough of his brothers not letting him pull his weight.

Sid Vicious arrives & PCW shall tremble before him.

Simmons & Dingo win a bruising affair with two of RPG's men.

Mr Backlund loses two of his Knights & then has to defend both his belts against the Anvil. I like the note how he has bad memories of the camel clutch. Neidhart manages to bring the sportsman out of the champ-champ & earns the seal of approval after taking him to a draw.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, June 18th

Mando Guerrero vs. Ed Gantner

With his brother teaming with Curtis Hughes the night before, Ed Gantner stepped out in solo action against the veteran Mando Guerrero. Mando gave a good accounting of himself but the sheer power and aggression of the Bull was too much as Gantner hit the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face) for the win.

The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) vs. Maxx Payne & Sabu

It what is looking like a bit of a trend in PCW, Sabu was very focused on getting in the match as much as he could, in spite of his partner Maxx Payne and his manager Percy Pringle trying to get him to tag out. He recklessness caught up with him when he ran right into a Spinning Backbreaker from Adams that gave the decision to the Rainbow Warriors.

Leo Burke vs. Cannonball Grizzly

Burke wore down Grizzly with his hard fists and veteran instincts, but the big rookie managed to plant him with a belly to belly suplex before executing the Cannonball Crush (top rope splash) to get an impressive win.

Texas Red vs. Big Bubba Rogers

These two big behemoths went at it fist and fire until it broke down into an uncontrollable brawl that the ref had to ultimately declare a no contest.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. Bob Backlund & The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Although he came out of the previous night with both his titles in his possession, Backlund was still clearly smarting from the defection of John Tatum and Jack Victory from the Knights Templar, as well as unhappy with the Hart Brothers' victory over the Bomb Squad last week. He was very aggressive in this match, focusing a lot of attention on Bret Hart, the most experience member of the other team. The two sides had a tense and exciting match, and despite the best efforts of the Knights, Owen was still able to keep Snow's shoulders to the mat with a Victory Roll for the three count. Backlund was profoundly displeased with this result, and was in intense conversation with his men as they left the ring.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) © vs. Badd Company

Black Gold have really gotten the fans behind them after their triumph over the Midnight Express at Seattle Showdown. The new Pacific Tag Champs had a tag team classic against the former Golden Tag Team Title holders with plentiful combination moves and near falls. It came down to a martial arts duel between Blackman and Tanaka where Blackman knocked him out with a roundhouse kick to successfully defend the titles.

Ron Simmons and Warrior continue to build. I think these two make for a great team but also with a bright future. That's the thing I love about PCW...  so much potential all the way up and down the card. Seeing the Harts with Flyin Brian is also a nice nod. Looks like Big Bubba and Texas Red want to take a trip over to Chicago and see if they can hang in the Street Fight Championship Scene!

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, June 19th

Jim Neidhart vs. Chris Candido

Neidhart had just come off an intense and draining challenge of Bob Backlund a couple of nights before, but the Fresno native was once again not wanting to disappoint his hometown fans. Backlund was in Candido's corner for this match, and had an even deeper scowl than usual on his face as he watched the match with intense concentration. Candido threw everything he could at the Anvil, but Neidhart was able to bowl him off his feet with several big shoulder tackles before trapping him in the Anvilizer (swinging Cobra Clutch). He kept Candido in the hold a bit longer than necessary after the match before letting him drop to the mat. Backlund had a protective arm around Candido as he helped him back to the locker room.

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Midnight Express

The newly resurgent British Steel pulled off a major upset as Brookside pinned Lane with a backslide.

US Steel vs. Mando Guerrero

More Steel victory, as US Steel hit the Steel Driver (front slam) for the win

Jeff Jarrett vs. Akira Maeda

Jarrett was out to avenge his good friend Dan Severn and gave a determined fight to Maeda before the Japanese Assassin forced him to tap out to the Half Nelson Choke

John Tenta vs. Buddy Rose

The Playboy really didn't want to engage with the former Sumo star, but still managed to stay in the ring with Tenta and keep competitive with his devious bag of tricks and short cuts. His luck ran out when he tried to duck out of the ring, only for Fit Finlay and Ron Garvin to show up and shove him back in the ring. Tenta then drove him to the mat with a side suplex and crushed him with the Big Quake for the win.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet) © vs. Fit Finlay & Ron Garvin

The newest members of the Playboy Club were looking to get some payback for their leader against Finlay and Garvin. The result was a wild, chaotic brawl that completely broke down when TDT brought in their axe handles , and Finlay and Garvin retaliated with steel chairs, with the ref ultimately declaring a double DQ.

Pacific Television Title Match : Tony St. Clair © vs. Ed Wiskowski

"Tough" Tony had a titanic battle with Buddy Rose's top lieutenant for the TV Title. The Polish Prince really put the champ through the ringer, and it looked like a close thing if St. Clair was going to hold onto the title at all. But "Tough" Tony lived up to his name and weathered out the storm before battling back and eventually hitting the spinning forearm smash on Easy Ed to pull out the hard fought victory.

It seems Neidhart didn't appreciate the show of respect Mr Backland showed him.

British Steel with a monumental win over the former Pacific Tag champs.

US Steel puts a dent in Mando.

Maeda submits Severns Odd Couple teammate.

With no means of escape, Rose falls to the Big Quake.

TDT try to avenge their leader causing a double DQ with Finley & Garvin.

St Clair puts down Easy Ed putting the pin on an all-around bad night for the Playboy Club.

Wild Things show PCW what they're all about.

Guerreros lose the match, but I think they're more concerned about Eddie.

What can I say? Sid Vicious rules the world! 

Great segment with the Knights. Tatum and Victory bring up valid points and decide to leave the group. Will this be the end of it? 

Simmons and Warrior continue to mow down some serious competition. Can't wait for another Simmons/Hughes match.

It's not easy getting Backlund's respect but the Anvil got it. 

Cow Palace,

Ed Gantner impresses as a solo. 

Warriors do capitalize on Sabu's recklessness to score the win.

Grizzly looks devastating with that win over Burke.

Please! More Red/Bubba matches! 

The Stampede boys get a nice win over the Knights. I think the Knights are still reeling a bit from Tatum and Victory's departure. 

Black Gold continues to prove their legit champs. 

Fresno,

Anvil seems to be reborn. 

Speaking of being reborn, British Steel has been on fire and scores a major upset over the Midnight's.

US Steel has one of the best finishers in the game.

Jarrett puts up a fight but Akira is on a different level.

With a little help from his friends, Tenta gets a big time win over The Playboy.

Axe handles and steel chairs! Things got crazy! 

St. Clair finds out Easy Ed is no pushover. Good title defense for St. Clair. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Olympic Auditorium , Los Angeles , on ESPN / TSN, June 24th

Bret Hart vs. Al Snow

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark TheatreLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

With all of the drama surrounding the Knights Templar, one aspect that has been slowly gaining attention has been their gradually growing feud with the Hart Family. Bret and Owen has gotten a number of wins over the Bomb Squad, along with brother in law Jim Neidhart's matches with Bob Backlund and Chris Candido. Backlund was in Snow's corner for this match, observing the action with his usual baleful look. Young Snow proved to be quite a handful for the more experienced Hart, even coming close to hitting the Wheelbarrow Suplex. Hart was able to counter it with a modified Victory Roll and keep Snow's shoulders to the mat for the one two three. Once again, Backlund could be seen intensely conversing with Snow as they left the ring together.

Leo Burke, US Steel, Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas vs. Chavo, Mando, Hector & Eddie Guerrero

Leo Burke - IMDbMaking Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn BellGallery - Online World of Wrestlingimage.png.7be12b2b0c294826b36b197b636a552c.pngWrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.comMando Guerrero – Online World of WrestlingHéctor Guerrero — The Movie Database (TMDB)Pin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

Well, that is what the match was supposed to be. The Army came out and were ready to go. But it was when the Guerrero's came out that the confusion started. There was a long pause and Chavo, Mando and Hector came out, but there was no sign of Eddie. The other brothers had a great look of consternation on their faces as they explained to the referee that their youngest brother was missing and they had no idea where he could be. Leo Burke agreed to sit out the match so that the sides would be even. The match was fairly fast paced, with the Guerreros doing everything they could to keep the much bigger US Steel out of the ring. But the match took a turn for the even stranger when the Wild Things , recently outcast from the Army, came to ringside. When Mando was whipped into the ropes by Douglas, Art Barr pulled down the top rope, causing Mando to hurtle out of the ring. Cactus then clotheslined Mando, causing the Guerrero Brother to be counted out of the ring. In spite of the win, the Army were incredibly upset with the unasked for interference and started to argue with the Wild Things. The Guerreros were angry with both groups, and a three way shoving match erupted that was only stopped by the intervention of PCW security.

John Tatum & Jack Victory vs. Brian Corridan & Brandon Bellinger

John Tatum – Online World of WrestlingWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn Bell

Another pair of wrestlers recently exiled from their faction are the team of Tatum and Victory. Their rough and rowdy personalities always seemed to clash with the much more sober disposition of the Knights Templar, but it seems to have found favor with the fans. Tatum and Victory didn't seem to know how to react to the fans' approval, but simply got on with the dismantling of Corridan and Bellinger. It didn't take long for them to get the win, with Tatum Superkicking Corridan out of the ring while Victory hit the Victory-Plex on Bellinger. This is clearly a duo that is breathing a bit easier now that they are away from Mr. Bob Backlund's influence.

Barry Windham vs. Sabu

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopediasabu wrestler,Free delivery,OFF66%,welcome to buy!

There seems to be a bit of a plague of disciplinary issues in the various factions in PCW. Percy Pringle and the rest of the Crazy Gang have been showing irritation at the increasingly reckless tactics of young Sabu. Tonight, he was facing the newly resurgent Barry Windham, coming back from his loss to Nick Bockwinkel at Seattle Showdown. Despite the exhortations of Pringle, Sabu kept going at his usual Go For Broke pace. While this kept Windham on his toes for much of the match, eventually Sabu's luck ran out as he careened full speed into a Western Lariat from the former Pacific Champion. Windham followed up with a Bulldog Headlock that put Sabu down for the count. Pringle  kept lecturing Sabu as they returned to the locker room, but the Madman from Bombay didn't seem to be paying attention. Is Sabu turning out to be too crazy for the Crazy Gang?

Golden Sate Tag Team Title Match : Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet) © vs. British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside)

Jos LeDuc - WWF | FacebookPCO Pierre Carl Ouellet vs Cm punk wwe world champion - Vidéo DailymotionThe Golden Boys – in pictures: early years – Eire   Alba

TDT seemed unstoppable before, but after betraying Fit Finlay and joining the  Playboy Club, they have become even more ruthless. Tonight they would be defending their titles against Regal and Brookside, former Pacific Tag Champs. After months of strife that looked like they might just split the team for good, British Steel have confirmed their partnership and are back on track in their pursuit of gold. TDT certainly put them through the wringer, with the rough and tumble French Canadians showing no concern for the rules as they brawled with the young Englishmen. But the past few months have forged British Steel into an unbreakable duo who refused to knuckle under to the champions. No matter what TDT threw at them, Regal and Brookside fired back with equal drive and vigor. Once again, TDT resorted to using their axe handles, which got them disqualified but they still retained their belts. British Steel were battered but unbowed, and I don't think the French Canadian team have seen the last of them.

Bret refuses to get Snow'd in. Mr Backlund may be getting frustrated.

Eddie no shows leaving his brothers in the lurch. Then the Wild Things show up & things get even crazier.

I like the touch of Tatum & Victory not knowing how to react to the crowd cheering them. Come to think of it, i believe this is their first face run in the game.

Pringle seems to be at his wits end trying to corral Sabu.

British Steel overcame their recent struggles, but can they overcome TDT to recapture the Pacific tag straps?

Bret Hart versus Al Snow is a fun opening match.

A lot of intrigue in that tag match!

This new turn for John Tatum and Jack Victory is quite enjoyable!

I love the visual of Barry Windham hitting an out-of-control Sabu with a lariat!

I really hope British Steel get another title opportunity!

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, June 25th

Barry Windham, Ron Simmons & Konnan vs. Maxx Payne, Sid Vicious & Sabu

Konnan took the mask of the now former Lord Humongous at Seattle Showdown, but the newly dubbed Sid Vicious got his revenge a couple of weeks later with a brutal sneak attack. This time out, they would be facing each other in six man action, with Konnan bringing in his Brigade Brothers to face the Crazy Gang. Konnan seemed to especially have a lot of support from the LA fans, and although Vicious towered over him, the masked man refused to knuckle under. Once again, Sabu seemed to rankle his teammates by insisting on taking as much time in the ring as possible. This led to him falling prey to an elevated DDT by Konnan , giving a crowd pleasing win to the Brigade. This time, it was all the other members of the Crazy Gang who were on Sabu's case after the match. He seemed to be twitching and shaking even more than usual. It doesn't seem like he is too happy with their complaints.

Coast To Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory) vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

It didn't take long after their departure from the Knights Templar for Tatum and Victory to find themselves across the ring from their former teammates. "Hollywood" John Tatum's hometown fans seemed to be out in force tonight, not surprising given his earlier passioned defense of California to Mr. Bob Backlund's critiques. The Bomb Squad were intent on punishing Tatum and Victory for their defection, but Coast To Coast were reveling in their new found freedom, and when Tatum nailed Candido with the Superkick, the fans roared in approval as the ref made the three count.

Jim Neidhart vs. Paul Diamond

The Anvil  has been on quite the hot streak in his home state of California. This continued when he forced Diamond to submit to a Camel Clutch

Tony St. Clair & British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Curtis Hughes & The Wild Bulls (Ed  & Rick Gantner)

The British Invasion have been doing very well of late, but Ronnie P. Gossett's men were determined to put a stop to that. The two teams had a knock down, drag out battle which reached a climax when Ed Gantner caught St. Clair by surprise with the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the head) and got the pinfall. The Bullpen were as much overjoyed by this as the rest of the fans were shocked. Gossett is going to be especially insufferable now that his man has pinned the TV champ.

The Rainbow Warriors & Texas Red vs. The Midnight Express & Big Bubba Rogers

Continuing from their match the week previous, Texas Red and Big Bubba furiously slugged it out with each other every chance they got. As the two monsters fought each other to a stalemate, their teammates continued their ongoing feud, with Adams trapping Lane in a bearhug, but Eaton coming off the top rope with an elbow smash to the back of the head that finally gave the match to Camp Cornette.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Nick Bockwinkel © vs. Bob Backlund

At last, the long awaited main event pitting the Pacific champion against the holder of the California and Submission titles. True to his word, Backlund came out on his own, leaving the rest of the Knights Templar in the back. Bockwinkel was coming off an hour long draw with Antonio Inoki in Tokyo, and took an extended break in Japan before returning to the US. He certainly didn't seem in any hurry to get the ring, leisurely strolling and smirking at the fans, and continued to stall as he put off locking up with Backlund for as long as possible. But Backlund was patient and tore right into Bock the moment he got into range. The two had a classic match that had the fans spellbound. No matter what each wrestler did to get the other in a compromising spot, Backlund and Bockwinkel would draw on their considerable experience to make their escape. It seemed like Bockwinkel would take the match when he got the Figure Four Leglock on Backlund, but Backlund reversed it into an Indian Leglock. It looked like that would be it for Bockwinkel, but he was able to hold out until the bell rang, signaling another 1 hour time limit draw. Bockwinkel is proving to be the Iron Man of Pacific Coast Wrestling, raising the question : what will it take to beat him for the title?

It seems Sabu's time in the Crazy Gang is just about up.

Coast to Coast pick up their first win over their former teammates.

The Anvil is racking up submission wins.

Ed Ganter proves it doesn't matter how Tough you are, NOBODY gets up from the Bull Hammer!

Camp Cornette gets one up on their respective rivals.

Bock & Mr Backlund put on a marathon mat classic. I expect a rematch, perhaps winner takes all?

Really digging the angle being built with Sabu!

Another solid win for John Tatum and Jack Victory!

Two cool six-man tag matches back-to-back!

Nick Bockwinkel versus Bob Backlund going broadway really sells their technical prowess. I can't wait to see which of them finally tips the balance.

Pacific Coast Wrestling Show from the UCSB Event Center, Santa Barbara, June 26th

Leo Burke vs. Doug Furnas

The veteran Burke provided a real trial by fire for young Furnas, countering the Pride member's considerable power with his own well honed skill. He almost had the Sleeper Hold locked on Furnas, but Furnas was able to drive him back first into the corner to break the hold. Furnas then hit a scoop powerslam on Burke to get a hard earned win.

Bret & Owen Hart vs. Joe &  Dean Malenko

These two teams of brothers had an absolute classic, with both teams working in synch like a Swiss watch and plentiful combination moves and double teams. Unfortunately , this was marred when Bret was slugging it out with both Malenkos. While the ref was distracted trying to retain some order, Gary Young, likely acting on orders from Mr. Bob Backlund, snuck into the ring and DDTed Owen Hart before running out of the ring. Joe Malenko turned around and saw Owen flat on the ground. He looked a bit confused but still went for the cover, getting the pinfall while Dean held back Bret. Curt Hennig rushed out to the ring and tried to explain to the ref what happened, but the ref declared that he couldn't call what he didn't see and the decision stood. The Malenko's attitude was that , whatever might have happened, it was nothing to do with them and they still got the pinfall. Regardless, I don't think we have seen the last of this matchup.

The Wild Things (Cactus Jack & Art Barr) vs. Mando & Hector Guerrero

The Guerreros came out first, bearing worried looks on their faces, likely concerned with their missing younger brother Eddie. Their mood was not helped by Cactus and Barr, who mocked them by wearing t-shirts bearing a picture of Eddie and a caption reading "Have You Seen Me?" This enraged the Guerreros, who furiously attacked the two young upstarts. This might have seemed like a serious tactical error on the part of the Wild Things, but as the match wore on, the cunning of the move revealed itself. The Guerreros were so infuriated that their judgement went out the window, leading to them falling into several traps set by the Wild Things that they normally would have avoided. This culminated in Mando being blindsided by a clothesline from behind by Cactus Jack that set him up for a Frog Splash by Barr, giving the Wild Things a very impressive victory indeed.

Dan Severn vs. Akira Maeda

Out of nowhere, this has become one of the most brutal feuds in PCW history. As he did in their match in Japan, Severn was wearing a plastic face guard to protect his injured cheekbone , and much like that match, all finesse and technique went out the window early on. These two beat each other bloody in a heated brawl until the referee, sick and tired of being shoved around by the two combatants, declared a no contest. They continued going at it until the Hart Brothers, the Pride and Badd Company all had to come out to separate the two.

Curt Hennig vs. Gary Young

Ever since Young interfered in Hennig's match with Nick Bockwinkel, Hennig has been looking to get a piece of Mr. Bob Backlund's chief enforcer. Now that they were finally in the ring together, the two had a titanic battle where the momentum swung back and forth throughout. Young had gained the advantage when Owen Hart, still upset over Young's interference in his match, came out to the ring. The ref tried to shoo him away , but Young mocked Owen as he set Hennig up for a DDT. But while the ref was looking the other way, Bret Hart came in from the other side of the ring and shoulder blocked Young with a clip to the leg from behind. Given what Young had done to him before, Hennig was not about to pass up this assistance and the crowd cheered as he pinned Young with a cradle suplex. Young and the Knights Templar had been riding on a wave of dominance up until recently, but now they are starting to discover the cost of making so many enemies.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) © vs. Badd Company

These two teams have had some real barn burner matches, and tonight was no exception. Badd Company came incredibly close to taking the titles on several occasions before Douglas was finally able to catch Tanaka in a belly to belly suplex to put an end, for now, to their challenge.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Brian Pillman

Black Tiger has had some incredible matches since winning the Light Heavyweight Title, but for the first time, he would be defending the title in the main event. They certainly picked a great challenger for this historic match, as the popular young Cincinnati native Pillman has already had several standout matches against Black Tiger. These two had a sensational match, with plentiful high flying and a breakneck pace that just wouldn't let up. Tiger seemed to have it all in hand when he set up Pillman for the Black Tiger Bomb. Quick as a flash, Pillman countered it with a Sunset Flip. But the always aware Black Tiger reversed that with a double leg cradle that just barely held Pillman's shoulders to the mat for the one two three. After the match, the two men shook hands and the fans gave them a standing ovation, aware that they had just witnessed a classic.

Furnas passes his toughest test yet against the general.

The Malenko's win the battle of the brothers with a little help from Gary Young.

It seems the Wild Things at least picked up some skill at psychological warfare during they're stint in the army.

Severn & Meada can't be bothered with meaningless things like rules.

Young is forced to realize what goes around does indeed come around.

Badd Company isn't bad enough to take the titles from Black Gold.

Black Tiger has definitely earned the right to defend his belt in the main event, and he & Pillman certainly make it count.

The Harts versus the Malenkos! I'm really glad the finish will give them an excuse to run the match again!

The Wild Things are making an impact! Loved the story of that match!

Nice to see the Harts get some measure of revenge, especially as it gives Curt Hennig a win!

Amazing main event! I'm a sucker for these kinds of juniors matches!

Great card.  I would love to have seen the Malenkos vs the Harts in a real match.  Hope these two teams continue to go at it.  

I love when the babyfaces get revenge on the same card.... Great job by the Harts.  

Pillman vs Black Tiger goes to show you the amount of time you have taken to get your roster right where you wanted.  You have depth in all areas of the roster.  

Bret kicks things off with a pretty hard fought win over Snow.

Chaos reigns over the 6 man match. I wonder what Jack and Barr's motives are? But the real question is, where's Eddie??? 

Tatum and Victory are free. These guys will be so much fun to watch.

Sabu is really irritating his Crazy Gang cohorts. What's with these young guys? Good to see Windham back on track.

TDT bring out the axehandles again. The good news is, I'm sure the Brits will get a rematch.

LA,

Sabu costs his team the match. The Crazy Gang is really pissed now. 

Coast to Coast, what a great name! 

Oh man, Anvil has become a beast.

Like the fans, I was also shocked at Gantner getting the pin on St. Clair. Gossett's boy just earned a TV title shot.

Cornette has his boys winning again. More Bubba/Red matches! 

WOW! Fans in LA witnessed a masterpiece between Bock and Backlund. Bock with back to back 60 minute matches is beyond impressive. 

Santa Barbara

Furnas earns his stripes with that win over Burke.

Harts vs. Malenkos! OH YEA! Young spoils a classic. REMATCH! 

The Wild Things plan works as they score they're biggest win to date over the Guerreros. 

Severn and Akira is quickly becoming the hardest hitting and bloodiest feud in Pacific. Brilliant booking. 

Owen gets payback on Young as Hennig gladly accepts. 

Black Gold continues their Cinderella title run. 

The LHW title match gets a well deserved main event spot. Tiger and Pillman more than deliver. Tiger is having one of the most exciting reigns in the game. 

Great week!

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, July 1st

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet) vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

Jos LeDuc - WWF | FacebookPCO Pierre Carl Ouellet vs Cm punk wwe world champion - Vidéo DailymotionWrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.comHéctor Guerrero — The Movie Database (TMDB)

The Victoria fans were out in force for this Canada Day special. Although TDT had turned to the Dark Side by joining up with the Playboy Club, they still had some Canadian fans who cheered them on as they faced the Guerreros. Chavo and Hector still seemed to be concerned as to the status of their missing brother Eddie, as they acted distracted throughout the match. TDT seized the advantage given to them by their opponents and were able to hit the Clear Cut (Leduc put Chavo over his knee while Ouellet came off the top with a flying elbow smash) to successfully defend their titles.

Barry Windham, Ron Simmons & Konnan vs. Maxx Payne, Sid Vicious & Sabu

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia image.png.7ecf37a8aaecb87994e5ba394406a6a2.pngKonnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, LuchadorMaxx PayneThe Match #10: Psycho Sid Vs. Jinder Mahal In GNW '08 – Wrestling Recapssabu wrestler,Free delivery,OFF66%,welcome to buy!

In what is becoming a distressing trend in PCW, Sabu failed to come out with his partners in the Crazy Gang. What is it with the youth of today not wanting to show up for work? Nevertheless, Vicious and Payne declared they would do it on their own, refusing to show any weakness to the Brigade. Vicious was particularly focused on attacking Konnan. This tunnel vision proved costly when he failed to notice Konnan make a blind tag out to Ron Simmons. Simmons caught Vicious off guard with a thundering Spear that managed to keep him down for the three count. Payne and Vicious were clearly displeased with the result, but now we can add the disappearance of Sabu to the various mysteries occurring in PCW.

Bret & Owen Hart vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark Theatre20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartChris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

Seemingly out of nowhere, the Knights Templar have increasingly gotten involved in the business of the Hart Family. Early victories by the Brothers over the Bomb Squad has led to other members of the Knights interfering in their matches. Mr. Bob Backlund was in the corner of his young charges, leading to the Harts keeping a watchful eye on him during the match. But it wasn't Backlund but rather his favorite son, Gary Young, who entered the ring and attacked Owen. As he did so right in front of the ref, this led to the Bomb Squad being disqualified, but that didn't seem to matter to the Knights, who proceeded to gang up on the Brothers. Brian Pillman and Jim Neidhart rushed out to even the sides, and the two factions scuffled until PCW officials were able to get them separated. PCW Commissioner Dutch Savage then came out and announce that he was signing an 8 man tag team match for the next night in Vancouver, and the two sides could try and settle their differences then.

Vic Steamboat vs. Akira Maeda

Vic Steamboat - OWW  Akira Maeda - TheSportsDB.com

In his recent reign of terror in PCW, Akira Maeda has mowed down everyone who has gotten in his path. Never one to shy away from a challenge, young Vic Steamboat has stepped into the fray. A noble effort, but nothing he did managed to put any kind of dent in the Japanese Assassin. Maeda tore him apart with brutal kicks, including a low leg kick that seemed to hurt Steamboat's knee. Smelling blood in the water, Maeda took him down with a legsweep and applied a single leg Boston Crab that forced Steamboat to tap out. Maeda kept kicking Steamboat while he was down, until Steamboat's partner Brian Adams ran out and pulled his friend away. Can anything stop Maeda ?

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) © vs. The Wild Things (Cactus Jack & Art Barr)

Gallery - Online World of Wrestlingimage.png.7be12b2b0c294826b36b197b636a552c.pngMick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, Wrestling

Ever since their departure from the ranks of the Army, the Wild Things have been creating all sorts of havoc, but last week they interfered in a match their former friends had with the Guerrero Brothers. Things escalated and now the former allies would square off in the ring. Blackman and Douglas were reluctant to fight their one time friends, but Cactus and Barr goaded them into engaging. Despite the crazy offense of the Wild Things, Black Gold kept calm and were able to get some sort of control over the match, albeit with a lot of effort. Blackman looked to put it away when he had Barr lined up for the running bicycle kick. But out of nowhere, a masked man showed up at ringside and pulled down the top rope , causing Blackman to tumble out of the ring. The mystery man attacked Blackman and the ref called for the DQ. Douglas came to his partner's aid while the masked man dove into the ring and stood beside Cactus and Barr and pulled off his mask revealing … EDDIE GUERRERO? A gasp came up from the crowd and Chavo, Hector and Mando Guerrero ran out, pleading for their younger brother to come back with him. Barr put his arm around Eddie and grinned as Eddie fixed his brothers with a look of pure hatred. Cactus held up three fingers ... and then changed that to four fingers. What on Earth is going on?

Ron Garvin, Leo Burke & John Tenta vs. Buddy Rose, Ed Wiskowski & Cannonball Grizzly

Ronnie Garvin, the Man with the Hands of Stone - SJ | Pro wrestling, Watch  wrestling, Wrestling superstars Leo Burke - IMDbearthquake wwe cheap onlineimage.jpeg.3cc7c3fd3630ef1e3b83b90070ba5435.jpegProWresBlog: Mid-South Wrestling 12/3/1981 ReviewTalking Shop: Cannonball Grizzly/PN News (ex-WCW) |

Normally, Garvin would team up with his good friend Fit Finlay in his battles with Rose and his cohorts. But tonight, he was reuniting with his old Canadian Connection friend Leo Burke along with BC native John Tenta to form something of a Canadian super team against the Playboy Club. In typical Playboy fashion, Rose didn't want anything to do with the opposition, leaving his men to fight most of his battle for him and only coming in when they had the advantage. But his luck ran out when Garvin knocked Wiskowski into the corner and the Polish Prince accidentally tagged in the Playboy. Garvin dragged Rose into the ring and he and his partners battered the Playboy while keeping Wiskowski and Grizzly from bailing out their leader. Tenta finally put him out of his misery by pinning him with the Big Quake. Garvin, Burke and Tenta stood proud in the ring while "O, Canada" played and the Canadian fans applauded their hometown heroes, capping off a great Canada Day special.