Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Most important... take care of yourself. 

On to the show, I like how you made Billy Jack look really strong in a tough match before his title shot.  Makes that title match look like it could go either way.

Maieda is looking unstoppable.  Who is going to slow him down?  Can't wait to see.

Young Konnan, Eddie G and Regal have found good places in your roster.  They are fighting in quality angles but seem to be out of the title shot picture.  You seem to be the rookie-whisperer of Dawn of War.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Jack takes down Young as he heads towards a showdown with Bock. 

Akira Maeda has taken Pacific by storm! 

Coast to Coast is quickly moving up the ranks. 

Sid and Konnan continue their heated feud. Who will come out on top? 

Great promo by the Wild Things. A new era is upon us. 

Gantner sends a strong message to TV champ St. Clair. 

Get well soon buddy! 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, July 16th

Rainbow Warriors (Brian Adams & Vic Steamboat) & US Steel vs. The Midnight Express & Big Bubba Rogers

Steel did a determined job of holding off Big Bubba until Adams could hit the spinning backbreaker on Lane for the crowd pleasing win.

Fit Finlay, Ron Garvin & John Tenta vs. Buddy Rose, Ed Wiskowski & Cannonball Grizzly

Rose directed Wiskowski and Grizzly to focus their attention on Garvin, double teaming him until Grizzly was able to hit the Cannonball Crush (top rope flying splash) to give the decision to the Playboy Club

Robbie Brookside vs. Cactus Jack

Brookside seemed caught off guard but the insanity of Cactus, but still gave him quite a fight until Cactus hit the Russian Legsweep for the victory

Dan Severn & Jeff Jarrett vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

PCW's Odd Couple continued to show they were back and on track as they pulled off a victory over the always competitive Bomb Squad when Jarrett pinned Candido with a Sunset Flip

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) © vs. Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero

So, it's official. Long time enemies Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero are now teaming together. In a related story from the weather bureau, Hell just froze over. Blackman and Douglas seemed reluctant to fight with their former friend Barr, but Barr had no such reservations. Barr and Guerrero worked together like they had done so all their life, which is not surprising given how much time they had spent in the ring with each other. They gave a considerable challenge to the champs before Blackman was able to surprise Eddie coming off the ropes with a spin kick to the jaw. They might not have won the titles, but they left no doubt that the Wild Things are legit.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Nick Bockwinkel © vs. Texas Red

With a challenge looming from Billy Jack Haynes, Bock would first have to face Billy Jack's good friend Texas Red. The big Texan really took it to the champ, but when Bockwinkel dodged a clothesline he was able to send Red out of the ring. While Red was trying to get to his feet, he was ambushed by Big Bubba Rogers , who knocked him to the floor with a shoulder tackle. He then hit a big splash on the concrete, and Red was not able to make it back into the ring on time. A countout win for Bockwinkel, but a win all the same.

Steel joins forces with the Rainbow Warriors & they score a major win over the MNE.

Rose starts acting like a leader & Garvin suffers for it.

Cactus is too prickly for Brookside.

Odd Couple with a flash pin.

Barr & Eddie impress in their first outing as a team.

Bockwinkel retains thanks to some help from Big Bubba.

Warriors and Steel kicked the night off in a big way. 

Rose's plan works to perfection. He's a very wise man. 

Cactus Jack sends a message that he's a real threat. 

The Odd Couple are on the rise again. 

Earlier this year, if you told me Eddie and Barr would be teaming up, I would've said you're crazy! They come up short tonight, but I can see them wearing gold in the future.

Loved the Bock/Red booking. Old lion vs. Young lion. Bubba better get ready because Red is going to be look'n for some Texas justice! 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, July 17th

Joe & Dean Malenko vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

The Guerreros gave an determined effort to focus in spite of the defection of their youngest brother, putting up a considerable fight, but the Malenkos still took the match when Joe press slammed Hector into a gutbuster by Dean

Dingo Warrior vs. Rick Gantner

Dingo and the younger Gantner Brother had an all out slugfest that wound up going to Dingo when he was finally able to put Rick down with a flying shoulder tackle

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Sabu

While Sabu has challenged Black Tiger for the title before, this was his most aggressive challenge yet. The normally poised Tiger seemed at something of a loss as to how contain the newest member of the Wild Things, and the match came to a chaotic end when Sabu crashed into Tiger outside of the ring, leading to a double countout decision.

Bret Hart , Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. Bob Backlund, Gary Young & Jim Neidhart

In another exciting battle between the Harts & Pillman and the Knights Templar where Neidhart caught Owen coming off the ropes and crushed him with a powerslam to get the win for his team. Backlund was quick to congratulate the Anvil, but Young seemed much more reticent to do so.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet) © vs. Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory)

Another TDT title defence, another DQ decision, but in a new twist, this time , the axehandles weren't the cause of it. Instead, when Tatum had Ouellet lined up for a Superkick, Jim Neidhart rushed into the ring and took him down with a shoulder tackle. It seemed he misjudged this move, as not only did Tatum and Victory immediately start double teaming him, but TDT, disgruntled that the Anvil had interfered in their match, soon joined in on the beat down. The Fresno fans were agog at the thrashing the hometown native took for a long time until finally Bob Backlund ran out to clear the ring, with Gary Young slowly ambling behind. Backlund helped the battered Neidhart to the back, but Young simply gave a diffident shrug as he watched.

Pacific Television Title Match : Tony St. Clair © vs. Doug Furnas

St. Clair faced possibly his sternest test yet in the Oklahoma Bronco, Doug Furnas. Although Furnas is fairly new into his career, the Pride member unleashed a mighty power offense on St. Clair that rocked the champ to the core. St. Clair proved that they don't call him "Tough" Tony for nothing as he battled back and, after ducking a big clothesline, came roaring back with the spinning forearm smash to get the pinfall.

The Malenkos truimph in the battle of the brother duos.

Dingo out-brawls Gantner.

Sabu takes BT on a wild ride. 

Mr Backlund & his two top students claim a win in trios action.

Neidhart gets carried away trying to impress Mr Backlund & pays the price.

Furnas proves a tough challenger but St Clair comes out on top.

Malenko's rack up another victory. 

Whether it's tag matches or single's, Warrior is mowing down the competition. 

Sabu takes Tiger to a double c.o. I'm so ready for a rematch. The LHW matches have become show stealers.

Backlund is impressed with Anvil. However, Young, not so much. 

Speaking of Anvil, he ruins the tag title bout and pays a huge price. I think Bob needs to have a sit down with Anvil and Young. 

Furnas shines but my man St. Clair pulls it out. I love St. Clair's finisher. 

Malenkos vs Guerreros in the opener goes to show how stacked this card was.  I think this card is a great example of how we all see things differently in Dawn of War.  To me, I would have had Black Tiger and Sabu be the opener as I would expect that Sabu still needs some time to develop inside of the ring.  I think this is my anti ECW bias coming out but it is going to take me a while to buy into Sabu being this wild man that he is later in his career but you are the master at developing talent and would know best where he fits.  I am guilty of the opposite as I have people way past their prime leading my promotion.  Wahoo McDaniel might be my #1 babyface right now but he is nearly 4000 matches in and his career is winding down.  I have trouble thinking of ways to develop and interest new stars.  I mentioned to you that we are starting to head into a time frame that is out of my comfort zone and I am grasping at things in the past and wrestlers I know and understand.  

Awesome 6 man tag match but are Backlund and company on the same page.  This one is very interesting! 

Another wrestler I took notice of in this card was Tony St. Clair in the main event.  Interesting how St. Clair has become so big in our game but goes mostly unknown to the average wrestling fan.  Both you and Spaldoni have made him a huge star.  I admit that I did not know too much about him and recently watched some Southeastern Championship Wrestling and they were giving him huge hype videos week after week.  It just goes to show you how great the 80's were with the territory system.  Promoters could give a guy a push and make them a star but because their was not internet people in other areas never heard of or saw them.  Just a question as you know a whole lot more than I do, how good was St. Clair?  

Awesome show as always.  

A few key things to remember with this, starting with the fact that Fresno is one of my smaller market shows, and I tend to use those as opportunities for the younger guys to learn their craft. The Malenkos are more experienced but are still new to the territory, I was sending them out early to get their names in the minds of the fans as well as get things rocking and rolling with a hot tag team match. The Sabu match goes up a bit higher on the card not so much because of Sabu as Black Tiger, whose Light Heavyweight Title matches have become a big highlight. I confess I know close to nothing as what Sabu was like at this point (the earliest I have seen has been his early 90s work in Japan), I am imagining as a reckless, daredevil high flyer whose Uncle taught him to throw down, a spot monkey with lots of potential in need of some seasoning. On the previous project, somebody criticized when I said young Sabu and Cactus had a "wild brawl", saying that was too far ahead of the time it was supposed to be taking place. I argued pretty much that it should be viewed through an 80s filter not a 90s filter. There are no barbed wire chairs, flaming tables, or exploding anything, but there are bloody, bare knuckle slugfests with all four fistises. The high flying is not high end 90s Lucharesu but still lots of exciting moves in a world that has already seen the Midnight Rockers, the Poffo Brothers, Bobby Eaton, Owen Hart, Jimmy Snuka, Tiger Mask and Dynamite Kid. While it is a bit early to have him be a credible title threat, it makes sense to have Sabu get in some matches with Black Tiger, as Tiger has a lot of experience reigning in and getting good matches out of reckless spotty high flyers, having done just that on a regular basis with the likes of Black Tiger and Cobra. It also gives Black Tiger something to do while I gear him up for something special at Phoenix Firestorm, my next big show at the end of August.

Rain, I might have worded my response incorrectly.  Sorry.  What I meant was how it is interesting how we all see things so differently in this game and that is what makes it fun.  You are amazing with young talent and know exactly how to develop them while I am awful at it.  For your promotion and how you have developed people, everyone was right where they should be on your card.  I was saying that I could not get Sabu to this point because I struggle with young wrestlers.  I was also pointing out how I struggle to let go of the vets who are on the way out.  I expect Wahoo to be 1980 Wahoo in 1987.  

To me, all of our writing styles are so different and that is another reason that we are like the territory system of the 80's.  Look at Spike Huber; title holder in Indianapolis and probably couldn't do anything else but job in the WWF.  This idea of how promoters pushed what they had is why I love the territory system and lost interest by 87 when it was really dead.  

I had a feeling I worded my response poorly but it was at 6:15 this morning while sitting in a car waiting for my daughter to come out a swim practice.  I love what you do with Pacific and the development of all the young guys.  

I love the dynamic of PCW. I do feel that you beat to the tune of your own drum and that's what makes these shows special for all of us.  I like seeing Jim Neidhart on the other side of the Harts as I always thought he had a little more in the tank than given. I am also big on Nicky B carrying the torch and giving these youngsters steps in the ring directions.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN,

Doug Furnas vs. Bobby Mason

Doug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia 

Ever since his debut in PCW and joining the Pride, Doug Furnas has turned a lot of heads with his athleticism and power. He has scored some incredible wins as well as giving Tony St. Clair a tough challenge for the TV title. The Oklahoma Bronco continued his dominant ways by stampeding over the rookie Bobby Mason. He devastated young Mason with crushing power moves before hitting the Volunteer Slam (running Canadian backbreaker into the corner followed by a slam to the mat). The competition had best keep an eye on Furnas, as he is making a name as someone to watch.

Dan Severn & Jeff Jarrett vs. Gary Young & Jim Neidhart

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.com  GWH News and Notes: Jeff Jarrett: Ain't I Great or Great, I Ain't? Depends  on How YOU Look At it. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/01-42.jpgJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

While his primary focus has been getting revenge on Akira Maeda, Dan Severn has not forgotten that it was Bob Backlund who took the Submission Title from him. He and his best friend were looking to get a few got shots in on Backlund's Knights Templar, and were facing a duo comprising Backlund's favorite pupil along with his latest recruit. Initially, Young and Neidhart were fierce competitors for the Odd Couple. But as the match wore on, Young seemed progressively more reluctant to tag in the Anvil. This would cost him when Jarrett took him down with a dropkick and, quick as a flash, trapped him in the Figure Four Leglock. Neidhart immediately charged in to break it up but found his way blocked by Dan Severn. He was able to knock Severn out of the way with a series of mighty forearm shots, but by the time he got to Young, his partner had tapped out. After the match, Young was shouting at Neidhart for not bailing him out, and while Neidhart protested that he did the best he could, Young was in no mood to listen. Eventually, Bob Backlund and grabbed both by the shoulder as he led them back to the locker room.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are trying to regroup after two of their members left to form their own alliance … the Army!

Leo Burke - IMDbMaking Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn Bellhttp://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/steveblackman/05.jpgimage.png.7be12b2b0c294826b36b197b636a552c.png

The fans warmly applaud as Leo Burke, US Steel, Steve Blackman and Shane Douglas head out to the ring, but the members of the Army all look incredibly downcast as they troop out to the ring.

Bonnema : Leo Burke, I can imagine you are feeling rather disappointed right now , with Art Barr and Cactus Jack having defected to form the Wild Things.

Burke : You hit the nail on the head, Frank Bonnema. We did the best we could with Art and Cactus, tried to give them guidance and support, teach them the right way. But they just kept pulling off on their own, kept straying from the path until we couldn't keep them in the fold. It breaks my heart. (US Steel gives him a consoling pat on the shoulder.) I just don't know what to –

Burke is cut off as there is a commotion at the back of the arena. All heads turn to see Chavo, Mando and Hector Guerrero coming through the curtain and heading to the ring. Steel, Blackman and Douglas all form a line in front of Burke to protect their mentor.

Wrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.comMando Guerrero – Online World of WrestlingShitloads Of Wrestling — Hector Guerrero [1989] A man like Hector Guerrero ...

Douglas : Look, I know you guys blame us for some reason because Eddie joined the Wild Things, but we are not in the mood. You want to take it out on Leo, you have to go through us first.

Hector : Hey, we come in peace. I know we did blame you, but we just didn't want to face the truth. We tried to protect Eddie, but we should have supported him more. He was always the wild one, and when he didn't see enough encouragement from us, he looked elsewhere. What's done is done. We want to declare a truce. There is no point in fighting with each other when the Wild Things are wreaking havoc all over PCW. We need to work together and try to bring them back under control. What do you say?

Hector holds out his hand to Leo Burke. Burke stares at it, the shakes hands with each of the Guerreros in turn. The war between the Guerreros and the Army has finally come to an end, but are even their combined forces enough to tame the Wild Things?

Akira Maeda vs. Joe Malenko

Akira Maeda - TheSportsDB.com Joe Malenko - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

After initially tearing through the opposition, Akira Maeda has been facing tougher and tougher competition. They have given him more resistance, but Maeda has still come out on top. Tonight he would be facing the older Malenko brother, and though Maeda was especially aggressive with Malenko, Joe seemed to have a counter to balance every move Maeda made. As Gary Hart watched on with interest, Malenko matched Maeda move for move until the Japanese Assassin was able to knock him down with a rolling wheel kick before locking him in a standing half crab in the middle of the ring. Seeing that there was no escape, Malenko tapped out to avoid getting injured. Maeda looked like he wanted to go after Malenko after the match, but Hart ordered his man to stand down, giving Malenko an appraising look before leading Maeda away from the ring.

Pacific Television Title Match : Tony St. Clair © vs. Cactus Jack

Exclusive Tony St Clair Interview by Seconds Away-British Wrestling Podcast  then and now • A podcast on AnchorMick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

Tony St. Clair has faced a variety of challenges in his time as TV champ, but he has never seen anyone quite like the man from Truth Or Consequences. Even a practiced veteran like St. Clair seemed caught off guard when Cactus came flying at him, seemingly from all directions at once. No matter what big spill Cactus took, he kept bouncing back, grinning maniacally all the way. Even when Cactus wound up running straight into the spinning forearm smash, St. Clair decided to take no chances and followed up with the floating Butterfly Suplex for the win. I bet St. Clair is hoping he doesn't see Cactus Jack again for quite some time.

Furnas gets a chance to flex.

Young's issues towards Neidhart cost them the win. Mr Backlund had best address this issue & fast.

The Army & Los Guerreros reach an agreement to wrangle the Wild Things.

Maeda taps out the younger Malenko but it seems the future "Iceman" has caught Hart's eye.

St Clair takes a walk on the wild side but emerges with the TV title still secured.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , July 30th

Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

The evening got off to a fast paced start with an exciting tag match. The Canadian fans cheered extra loud when Owen pinned Candido following a Moonsault.

Mando Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

The newly refocused Mando had a long technical battle with Dean, but the match ultimately went to the younger Malenko Brother when he forced Guerrero to tap out to the Texas Cloverleaf.

Barry Windham vs. Maxx Payne

A hard hitting battle that Barry won by DQ when he was attacked by One Man Gang. With none of the other members of the Brigade at this show, Windham was at a disadvantage when Payne and Gang double teamed him, but Billy Jack Haynes and Texas Red ran out to run the villains off

Tony St. Clair & British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Ed Wiskowski & Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet)

A bit of an upset when Brookside pinned Ouellet with a Sunset Flip. This pinfall over the Golden State Tag Champs would have to springboard British Steel to the front of the contenders pack.

California & Submission Title Match : Bob Backlund © vs. Bret Hart

Mr. Bob Backlund had Jim Neidhart in his corner for this match and, likely due to the shenanigans occurring the night before, Backlund gave the Anvil strict orders to keep his considerable temper in check. While Neidhart and Bret stared daggers at each other through the match, the Anvil kept his word and kept his cool. Backlund and Hart had a long , epic match that seemed to be a duel between the Crossface Chicken Wing and the Sharpshooter. Ultimately, however, Backlund was able to trap Bret in the middle of the ring in a Boston Crab to force him to give up the match.

Billy Jack Haynes & Texas Red vs. Nick Bockwinkel & One Man Gang

As payback for the earlier attack, Barry Windham came out and pulled Gang off the ring apron. As the two slugged it out, Billy Jack and Red took advantage of the distraction by hitting a thundering double shoulder tackle and Billy Jack swiftly got the pinfall on Bockwinkel.

Owen brings victory to the Snowbirds in front of his fellow Canadians.

Dean may not know 1,000 holds yet but he only needed one to tap out Mando.

OMG lets Windham know their beef isn't over yet. Payne tries to pile on but luckily Billy Jack & Texas Red are on hand.

Brookside nets a flash win perhaps earning British Steel a Golden State Tag Title shot.

Hart gets plenty of shine but he's not ready to dethrone Mr Backlund....yet.

Windham pays Billy Jack & Texas Red for their help & it leads to Haynes getting a pin on the PCW Heavyweight Champion.

You have created such a balanced roster that no matter what type of wrestling you like, PCW has something to offer you.  From the submission match of Backlund vs Hart to the hard hitting match between Paynne and Windham to the long technical battle between Malenko and Guerrero to the feud between Neidhart and the Knights of Templar, PCW is full of great talent and awesome matches/feuds.  A great read as always!

This roster is stacked with talent!

I really like the idea of British Steel putting themselves in the title picture with this performance!

Bret Hart versus Bob Backlund is such a great match, especially running it in 1987!

Nick Bockwinkel has a lot of things going for him but he can't handle a two-on-one scenario against these two beasts!