Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, September 2nd

The Diamond Exchange ("Diamond" Timothy Flowers & The Cuban Assassin) vs. Sekou Bunch & Billy Garcia

Diamond Timothy Flowers transitions to Streetfighter | Slam WrestlingAutographed Cuban Assassin 8x10 Photograph. | EstateSales.org

With all of the big events at Phoenix Firestorm, many fans were eager with anticipation as what would come next in Pacific Coast Wrestling. One thing nobody was expecting was the return of "Diamond" Timothy Flowers to PCW. He certainly chose the right place to make his return, in the arena where he arrogantly reigned as the so-called "King Of Canada". And he wasn't coming back alone, as he was now teaming with Angel Acevedo, the Cuban Assassin, as his new partner in the Diamond Exchange. While the fans certainly weren't pleased to see Flowers and Acevedo, Bunch and Garcia were even less pleased, as the Diamond Exchange ran roughshod over them. The two rookies took a battering before Acevedo clotheslined Bunch out of the ring and Flowers hit a piledriver on Garcia to put him out of his misery. It looks like a tough new faction has entered the fray in PCW.

Interview : Don Coss stands in the ring

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests have been a focal point of turmoil lately in PCW … the Knights Templar!

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and HighlightsChris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn BellHighSpots.com: Gary Young Promo - AUTOGRAPHED

The crowd boos loudly as Mr. Bob Backlund leads his men to the ring. Jim Neidhart looked determined, Chris Candido and Al Snow seemed nervous, and Gary Young  was sullen, but Backlund had an expression on his face of barely restrained fury.

Backlund : You look different, Coss.

Coss : Errr, Mr. Bob Backlund, lately, it has seemed like not all has been well in the ranks of the Knights Templar. Care to comment?

Backlund : Give me that microphone, Coss! I want to get some things straight there. Ever since I brought the Anvil into the Knights, there has been dissension , verging on out and out insubordination. You, Young, have been the worst. Constantly disobeying orders and interfering in matches. I expected better of you. What do you have to say for yourself, young man?

Young : It's not my fault! Ever since you brought him into the Knights Templar, he has been kissing up and you have kept giving him the best of everything. We all had to earn our way into the Knights, while he just waltzes in and acts like he owns the place. All I'm trying to do is help the Knights out , and you act like I committed some sort of crime. But he interferes in Bret Hart's match, and you give him a free pass!

Backlund : True, he did attack Bret Hart without my say so. *pointing a finger at Neidhart* If you ever try to do anything like that again, get my approval first, otherwise, there will be consequences.

Neidhart : *assuming a hangdog expression* Yes, Mr. Backlund.

Backlund : But what you did, Young, was much worse. Neidhart attacked his former partner on his own time. You interfered in *my* match.  You cost me a substantial fine and damaged my prestige. When that happens, it damages the prestige of the Knights Templar as a whole. You are skating on thin ice, and I hope you are aware of it. As far as I am concerned, you are all on probation. If any of you step one toe out of line, I will take matters into my own hands, and believe me, you won't like it if that happens.

?? ?? vs. Nick Stanbury

The fans were all keen to see who the mystery wrestler would be, but were somewhat disappointed when Gary Hart, Akira Maeda, One Man Gang and the Malenko Brothers came out. Hart demanded the microphone.

Mr Hito - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Hart : As you can all see, we are one man short this evening. Big Dougie got an opportunity to be closer to home, so he is taking an opportunity elsewhere. We wish him the best, and his new employers aren't going to know what hit them.  But that left a hole in the ranks, and I knew just who could step in. The Pride are proud to welcome back, my main man …. Mr. Hito!

There was a murmur through the crowd as Hito joined the Pride in the ring. The Japanese veteran had been gone from PCW for a few months, but was returning and taking his place of honour in the Pride. Nick Stanbury quickly discovered why Hito was one of the most respected and feared competitors in Pacific Coast Wrestling. Hito methodically took Stanbury apart with kicks, takedowns, and submission holds, before dispatching him with a backdrop suplex. While the departure of Doug Furnas is a big loss, it doesn't look like the Pride will lose much momentum with the return of Hito.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are a popular group that have suffered some losses lately … the Army!

Leo Burke - IMDbhttp://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/steveblackman/05.jpgimage.png.7be12b2b0c294826b36b197b636a552c.png

The crowd cheers but the Army are in no mood to take it in. Now down to three members, Leo Burke, Steve Blackman and Shane Douglas all looked downcast as they walked to the ring.

Coss : Leo Burke, you and the Army have experienced a series of setbacks recently. Care to comment?

Burke : You aren't kidding, Don. First, Cactus and Art walk out on us to form the Wild Things. Then, US Steel gets hurt in his match against Cannonball Grizzly. He made the decision after that to depart from the Army and PCW. We understand and hope for the best for him, but it's a big loss for us. And then the Bomb Squad beat Steve and Shane for the Pacific Tag Titles. It's been a pretty tough time for the Army. We've had to regroup and figure out where to go next, but it's … 

Burke is interrupted as someone walks out and enters the ring. It's the man in the black sweatpants, grey hooded sweatshirt and shades who confronted Chris Candido at Phoenix Firestorm. He pauses, then pulls back his hood and takes off his sunglasses … it's Todd Morton!

Todd Morton shares his thoughts after July 20th - YouTube

Morton had not been seen in almost a year as a now former member of the Suicide Blondes with Chris Candido. When he had been in PCW, he was regularly at the throat of his former Gold Exchange partner Shane Douglas. Douglas and Blackman were ready to go at it with him, but Burke motioned for them to stand down.

Burke : Morton, I don't know what you're up to, but we're not in the mood . Say your piece and say it quick.

Morton : * holding up his hands * Mr. Burke, I come in peace. I don't want any trouble. I just came out because … I need help. * the Army members glance skeptically at each other * I came back to PCW and was hoping I could pick up with Chris and get back to being in the Suicide Blondes. Well, I tried, but I couldn't get a word in. Chris wouldn't give me the time of day. I couldn't get near him without Backlund or one of the Knights cutting me off. Backlund has them doing and thinking whatever he says. Don't be fooled by what happened earlier, it's like a cult over there. I'm scared. I have nowhere to go and no one to turn to. I heard what you were saying before, and I want to become a part of the Army. * Burke and the Army look at him in astonishment * I know I don't have the best history, but I am trying to do better. Shane … I'm sorry. I was hurt and disappointed that you moved on, and then Chris got into my head. I lashed out. But I understand that you had to keep going, and you never meant any harm to me. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I would like to try to earn your trust, if you guys will have me.

Burke : Morton , I understand the search for redemption. I am certainly in no position to cast the first stone. But Shane, you're the one with the past history with him. It's up to you.

Shane Douglas looks Todd Morton in the eye for a long time … then gives him an emotional hug. Burke and Blackman pat Todd Morton on the back, and it looks like the Army have a new recruit.

The Southern Boys vs. Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero

Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Those "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys":Tracy  Smothers and Steve Armstrong circa late-1980's https://t.co/lWjQI5n5E3" /  TwitterArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

One of the big stories coming out of Phoenix Firestorm was the unexpected return of the Southern Boys to the PCW rings. Although the last time they had been seen on the West coast, they had gone through an acrimonious split, they were all smiles and brotherhood now. Tonight, they would be facing two of the young upstarts from the Wild Things. The aggression and unconventional behaviour seemed to catch Smothers and Armstrong off guard at first, but it didn't take long for them to get into gear. These two teams went at it fist and fire in a rapid paced match, with plenty of lightning quick tags and double team moves. Smothers was able to knock Barr into the corner with a savate kick, then hoist Eddie up while Armstrong came off the top to hit the Doomsday Dropkick for the win.  The Southern Boys had gone through a trial by fire and emerged victorious.

Mando Guerrero vs. Maxx Payne

Mando Guerrero – Online World of Wrestling Maxx Payne

Percy Pringle surprised many at Phoenix Firestorm with his new look, forsaking his traditional golden clothes and bleached blonde hair for a black mane and equally dark clothing. Maxx Payne also shocked the fans with his hitherto unseen intensity, giving a shocking loss to the previously unstoppable John Tenta in what proved to be Tenta's last PCW match. Both men continued their changed looks and disposition, and Mando was the unfortunate witness to that. Payne tossed Guerrero around the ring in a series of jarring suplexes before forcing him to tap out to the Payne Killer. It looks like Payne and Pringle are done messing around and will force the rest of PCW to notice them.

Barry Windham vs. Pierre Carl Ouellet

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia PCO Pierre Carl Ouellet vs Cm punk wwe world champion - Vidéo Dailymotion

Pierre Carl Ouellet went into Phoenix Firestorm as partner to Big Jos Leduc and the Golden Tag Team champion. He now is neither, with British Steel taking the belts in Phoenix and Leduc departing the promotion. Ouellet is now at loose ends and looking to prove himself, both in PCW and the Playboy Club. He certainly had his work cut out for him tonight, facing big Barry Windham, coming off a grueling match with the One Man Gang. Ouellet gave a very good accounting of himself, taking the fight to Windham and scoring some impressive shots and takedowns. Windham fought back with his usual skill and toughness, and was finally able to put Ouellet down with a Western Lariat. But Windham helped Ouellet up after the match, and shook his hand in a show of respect. A tough loss, but still an impressive start to Ouellet's singles career.

Billy Jack Haynes & Texas Red vs. The Midnight Express

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / Twitter MEAN MARK CALLOUS 8X10 PHOTO WRESTLING PICTURE WCW CLOSE UP THE UNDERTAKER  | eBayMidnight Express – WRESTLING HISTORY

The Midnight Express came in very cocky after sending the Rainbow Warriors packing from PCW, but that all vanished the moment Haynes and Texas came to the ring. The two fan favorites had distinct height, weight and power advantage over the Midnights, and Lane and Eaton were very reluctant to lock up with them. Much of the match was Haynes and Texas chasing the Midnights, with Lane and Eaton peppering them with shots and then running away. But when Haynes and Texas caught them, they made them pay heavy dues. At one point, Texas was trying to run down Eaton when Big Bubba Rogers swept into the ring and nailed Red with the Big Bubba Slam. The ref called for the DQ and Billy Jack tried to come to his partner's aid, but Lane and Eaton held him back. Bubba hit a splash on Texas and continued to attack him until Barry Windham and the Southern Boys charged out and Bubba , Cornette and the Midnights beat a hasty retreat. It looks like Texas and Big Bubba aren't done with each other, and they won't be until one of them is gone … or underground.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , September 3rd

Bret Hart vs. Ed Wiskowski

Bret Hart had a knock down, drag out battle with Easy Ed and was able to force the big man to tap out to the Sharpshooter.

Hector Guerrero vs. Jim Neidhart

Bret's former partner was even more aggressive in this match and, although Hector put up a valiant struggle, the Anvil forced him to surrender to the Anvilizer (Cobra Clutch).

Fit Finlay & The Southern Boys vs. Buddy Rose , Cannonball Grizzly & Pierre Carl Ouellet

This intense match eventually broke down into a brawl with all six men in the ring. Rose tried to hit a low blow on Finlay, but the Fighting Irishman blocked it and countered with a boot to the face. Grizzly and Ouellet tried to bail him out, but the Southern Boys held them back while Finlay hit a Tombstone Piledriver and got the pinfall on the Playboy.

The Diamond Exchange ("Diamond" Timothy Flowers & "The Cuban Assassin" Angel Acevedo) vs. Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas)

Flowers was back in PCW and in his old stomping grounds of Vancouver, determined to show that the new Diamond Exchange were a force to be reckoned with. They really took it to the former Pacific Tag Team Champs, and the result was a tense battle with both sides coming close to taking it on several occasions. Acevedo was able to hit the DDT on Douglas to put them down for good, but the Diamond Exchange had to work hard to prove themselves.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) © vs. Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero

At Phoenix Firestorm, British Steel pulled off the comeback of the year by winning the Golden State Tag Titles. Their first defense would be against one of the hottest young teams in PCW, the Wild Things duo of Barr and Guerrero. This was a fast paced and exciting match, with both teams putting the pedal to the metal throughout. Regal scored the pinfall with the Regal-Plex on Guerrero, but the Wild Things certainly made an impression as hot competitors.

California & Submission Title Match : Bob Backlund © vs. Jeff Jarrett

The main event tonight was a rematch from Phoenix Firestorm, with Backlund defending his dual titles against Jeff Jarrett. Before the match, Backlund brought out the rest of the Knights Templar and lined them up at ringside, giving them orders to observe only and take no hand in the match. He was clearly looking directly at Gary Young as he said this. He then had a taut technical match with Jarrett, and while the second generation star held his own against the champ, Backlund's veteran instincts were the deciding factor, pinning Jarrett with the Backlund Bridge.  After the match, Backlund ordered his men to follow him in single file from the ring.

First Victoria.

Flowers & Acevedo certainly make quite the sight together. And it seems they make a effective duo.

Mr Backlund's opening line got a chuckle. But what followed was no laughing matter as he puts all the Knights Templar on notice.

Hito returns to fill in for the departing Furnas.

Todd Morton reconciles with one former partner to try & reach out to another.

The Southern Boys introduce themselves to the Wild Things with a win.

Maxx brings the Payne to Mando.

PCO's singles debut has a bumpy start but Windham sees big things in his future.

Bubba interjects himself in the main event taking his feud with Red to the next level.

On to Vancouver.

Easy Ed taps to the Hitman.

Not be be outdone, Neidhart submits Hector Guerrero.

Finlay gets a second helping of payback in the six man tag.

Acevedo proves his worth as a partner.

British Steel score their first successful defense.

Mr Backlund shows his men how it's done by proving he has Jarrett's number.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, September 4th

Leo Burke vs. Curtis Hughes

Hughes was coming off a tough loss at Phoenix Firestorm at the hands of Ron Simmons and looking for redemption. The veteran Burke did an admirable job of trying to corral the big roughneck, but in the end Hughes overpowered him, executing the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee) for the win.

Ron Simmons vs. One Man Gang

Gang came into the match with a serious mad on. So, what else is new? If he was looking to take out his aggression on Simmons, the All American was having none of it. This was a ring shaking battle that ended when Gang took his chain and used it to attack Simmons. While the ref called for the DQ, Gang continued his assault, busting Simmons open while battering him until Barry Windham ran into the ring, swinging a chair and running off the big 747.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Akira Maeda

Coming back after his first loss to Dan Severn, Akira Maeda was laser focused on re-establishing his dominance in the PCW ranks. Chavo did his best, but ultimately Maeda knocked him cold with a spinning kick to the head.

Owen Hart vs. Gary Young

Young's quest to redeem himself in the eyes of Mr. Bob Backlund hit a major stumbling block in the form of Owen Hart. While Gary threw everything but the kitchen sink at the younger Hart Brother, Owen fielded it all with an easy confidence , and Young was clearly starting to panic. Young thought he had him set up for a DDT, but it was all a ruse by Owen, who pinned him with a Northern Lights Suplex. Better luck next time, Gary.

Pacific Television Title Match : Ed Gantner © vs. Cactus Jack

Gantner's first challenger for the TV title was, surprisingly, the always unconventional Cactus Jack. Cactus brought his own brand of chaos to the match , and managed to catch Gantner off guard on a number of occasions. The big Bull eventually unleashed his considerable power offense, and got the win when he sent Cactus flying across the ring with the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face).

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Sabu

The brand new Light Heavyweight champ had one hell of a first challenger in the unpredictable Sabu. Both men went all out in this match, and it looked on several occasions that Sabu might make Pillman's reign a short one, but Flyin' Brian got the whole crowd behind him as he rallied and pinned Sabu after a top rope dropkick.

Burke falls prey to the Big Cat.

OMG takes his rage out on Simmons causing Windham to come to the rescue.

Maeda reasserts himself at the expense of the eldest Guerrero brother.

Owen deters Young's quest to redeem himself.

Ed has a Wild first title defense.

Speaking of Wild, Sabu gives Pillman a hell of a fight to retain the Light Heavyweight Title.

So many excellent matches!

Nice to see the One Man Gang getting run off by Barry Windham!

A victory over Chavo Guerrero is solid way for Akira Maeda to get his momentum back!

Really nice to see Owen Hart get a win here!

I was rooting for Cactus Jack, alas, Ed Gantner put him down!

Brian Pillman versus Sabu will always be a treat!

Flowers is back and this time with the Cuban Assassin. What a combo! 

Backlund lays down the law. Nice job throwing in some humor with the Coss comment LOL. 

Furnas is gone but Hart thinks fast and brings back the enforcer Hito. 

The surprises keep coming as Todd Morton returns to redeem himself.

The Wild Things made the Southern Boys earn that one. 

Pringle and Payne aren't kidding around. Get ready PCW! 

Pierre is going solo and proves he's got potential by going toe to toe with Windham. 

I'm all for another round with Bubba and Texas Red.

Vancouver,

Bret gets the win with the Sharpshooter while Jim looks strong with the Anvilizer (Great name) I wonder which former Hart Foundation member has the better finisher? Hopefully we'll find out one day. 

Once again, Fit gets the best of Rose. 

Ok, the Diamond Exchange are for real with a win over former tag champs. 

British Steel rack up their first defense.

Backlund seems to be in complete control. 

Kelowna,

The Big Cat rebounds with a strong win over Burke.

OMG needs the chain to take down Simmons. That might have been a big mistake. 

Yep, Akira is back on track. 

Poor Gary, I feel for the guy.

Gantner gets in his first defense and it was a rough one. I'm looking forward to watching Gantner's hard hitting TV title matches. 

Speaking of looking forward to. Pillman is going to rock the LHW scene. I'm still in awe of what you've done with this division. 

2 hours ago, spaldoni said:

Bret gets the win with the Sharpshooter while Jim looks strong with the Anvilizer (Great name) I wonder which former Hart Foundation member has the better finisher? Hopefully we'll find out one day. 

Speaking of looking forward to. Pillman is going to rock the LHW scene. I'm still in awe of what you've done with this division. 

In between stints in the WWF, Jim Neidhart had a cup of coffee in WCW in the early 90s. During his brief time there, he used as his finisher a modified Cobra Clutch called the Avilizer. When he came back to the WWF shortly after Owen's heel turn, he was using a Camel Clutch. When I split him off from Bret, I decided to have him use those moves, as they were still appropriate to the time period and would fit in with both the increased use of Submission holds in PCW and his siding with Bob Backlund.

The thing with my Light Heavyweight division is that I crowned the first LHW champ relatively early on in the project when it was still in the "AWA Territories" period. I created a LHW champ so I would have someone to challenge for the big AWA Light Heavyweight Title. Shortly after I created the title, the "AWA Territories" system ended and there was no big title to go for. My first champ, Keiichi Yamada (the future Jushin Liger), was a good champion, but after that I got into a bit of a rut with the champions being one half of a tag team, so they weren't available for title defenses much of the time. The title fell into the shadows. Then I got Mark "Rollerball" Rocco in a trade, AKA Black Tiger. As I've said before, I only intended him to be a temporary member of the British Invasion and planned on cutting him soon afterwards. But it quickly hit me that Black Tiger would make an ideal Light Heavyweight Champion and was the perfect wrestler to build the division around. I found I really enjoyed writing his matches and wound up including more and more of them. I ended up giving him a long title run and the title matches wound up working their way up to sometimes being in the main event. I hope I can continue the run with Brian Pillman. No spoilers, but I have a major match planned for the next big show (San Diego Battleground) and it is a real humdinger.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, September 9th

Buzz & Hack Sawyer vs. Anh-Tuan Bui & JP Calderon

Kissed A** all the time”-Wrestling Veteran makes allegation about legend  The Undertaker

Last week saw the return of "Diamond" Timothy Flowers to PCW, forming a new Diamond Exchange with "The Cuban Assassin" Angel Acevedo. This week, evidently the Diamond Exchange is expanding, as Flowers and Acevedo led the Sawyer Brothers to the ring. Buzz and Hack brought their trademark roughhouse brutality to the match, tossing Bui and Calderon around like ragdolls before Buzz finally put Bui out of his misery with a powerslam. After a few years away from PCW, Flowers has come out of nowhere to create one of its most dangerous factions.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests seem to have undergone a change in look and disposition of late … Percy Pringle III and the Crazy Gang!

wwe paul bearer| Enjoy free shipping | jcmhch.comThe Match #10: Psycho Sid Vs. Jinder Mahal In GNW '08 – Wrestling RecapsMaxx Payne

The crowd boos as Pringle, followed by Sid Vicious and Maxx Payne. Like their leader, Vicious and Payne are dressed all in black.

Coss : Percy Pringle, you …

Pringle : DON'T CALL ME THAT NAME! *his voice is even higher pitched and shrieking than usual* I hate that name! That name is the bane of my existence! All I wanted to do was live my own life and be left alone. I had a job that I loved, the simple trade of mortician. That and watching wrestling were the two things I truly enjoyed. But that wasn't enough for my family. They told me I had a name to uphold. Responsibilities. I was forced to leave my beloved job and take up the mantle of the Pringle Dynasty. They compelled me to become a man of business, something I never wanted to be. But my father, Percy Pringle the Second, gave me no choice. I was miserable! But I was patient, bided my time. I did what I was told, but little by little, I gained more control of my fate. As my father grew old and infirm, my influence in the Dynasty grew. I took my own steps. I even pursued a sideline as a wrestling manager. My father disapproved, but now, he could do nothing. And then he passed … and I was free! I could do as I pleased, liberated from the burden that my family had placed on me. But I couldn't go back to my old life. I had seen too much, perceived the world for what it was. The world may deny it, but beneath it's mask, it is nothing but corruption. Greed, ambition, the values tried to force upon me. Pretending to aspire to something higher, while it was all selfishness! Denying the darkness that is in us all. Well, I'm going to strip that away from everyone, like my youth was stripped away from me by my family. My boys know what I am talking about! * Vicious and Payne both nod in agreement * And there is another … one more wrestler that I know has a darkness within him. He might be in denial, but I will make sure he embraces his true self , one way or another. So don't you ever call me Percy Pringle again. That name was forced upon me by my family. It is gone, just like the Crazy Gang are gone. From now on, call me Paul Bearer , and Pacific Coast Wrestling will be swallowed up by … the Neighborhood Of Evil!

?? ?? & ?? ?? vs. Gary Stritesky & Anthony Robinson

The fans were curious as to who the mystery would be, and even more so when Buddy Rose, Cannonball Grizzly, and Pierre Carl Ouellet came out and the Playboy got on the microphone.

Rose : As you can see, the Playboy Club is short a couple of members. Easy Ed is off on a secret mission, and Big Jos Leduc went back to the Great North Woods. But I've got a couple of guys who will more than fill the gap … Teijo Khan and the Angel Of Death!

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/t/teijokahn/03.jpgAngel of Death (wrestler) - Wikipedia

The two big men charged out to the ring and went through Stritesky and Robinson like a hot knife through butter. They crushed the two rookies with devastating power moves until Angel Of Death put down Stritesky with the Death Sentence (top rope flying clothesline). After the match, Rose got on the mic again.

Rose : Khan, AOD, glad to have you aboard. Great hustle! I'm sure you will do a lot better job of doing the Playboy Club proud than these two mooks, heh heh heh.

Grizzly and Ouellet glance at each other.

Ouellet : Hey, what's the big idea! I was just Golden State Tag Champ!

Rose : Yes, and you lost it! Bad enough I had to carry your useless chump of a partner, I still have to have you and this clumsy idiot weighing me down!

Grizzly : Excuse me, Pierre is the toughest guy I know! And I just ran US Steel out of town.

Rose : Maybe so, but what have you ever done for me? I was counting on you to do what needed to be done against Fit Finlay, and you let me down. Then a week later, I have you guys as my supposed partners in a six man tag, and you still fail to protect me. I ask so little and have such low expectations of you, and you still let me down. You're lucky I even let you losers breathe the same air as me.

Grizzly : I can't believe I used to look up to you. We did everything you told us to , and you still treat us like this. Well, I've had enough, and I bet it's the same for Pierre. (Ouellet nods) We're done cleaning up your messes for you. If these morons want to be in your little Club, they can have it. We're done!

Angel Of Death then takes a swing at Grizzly, but Grizzly hits first. The new and former members of the Playboy Club commence to brawl, with Rose diving out of the ring, until security comes out to separate the two sides.

Todd Morton vs. Chris Candido

Todd Morton shares his thoughts after July 20th - YouTube Chris Candido - IMDb

Some time ago, Morton and Candido were partners in a team called the Suicide Blondes. That may seem like a distant memory for Candido, who has since given himself over to Mr. Bob Backlund and the Knights Templar, but Morton still is trying to get through to him. Candido was accompanied by both Backlund and his Bomb Squad partner Al Snow, while Morton has his new ally Leo Burke. Initially, Morton seemed to be holding back against his former friend, but when he saw that Candido was not pulling any punches, he responded in kind. He was showing a little bit of ring rust earlier in the match, but got more confident as the match wore on , and even got Candido in position where Morton went up top for a potentially devastating high impact move. When he was reaching the top turnbuckle, Backlund gave the signal and Snow attacked, leading to the ref calling for a DQ. The Bomb Squad got a in a brief double team on Morton before Leo Burke came in to run them off. In spite of this result, Morton has made a good start on showing that he can get it done without his former partner.

Super Strong Machine vs. Art Barr

December 20th Birthdays | Freakin' Awesome Network ForumsArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, Wrestling

Another return to the PCW roster, the masked Japanese star Super Strong Machine got a very warm response from the fans as he made his way to the ring. He was facing the hot headed Wild Thing Art Barr, who certainly kept Machine on his toes with his speed and high flying moves. Machine landed some hard hitting moves, but Barr kept at him, and kept him off balance through much of the match. But Machine kept on track and managed to shut Barr down with a big boot to the chest, then followed up with the Devil Windmill Suplex for the win. He had to fight hard for it, but Super Strong Machine was triumphant in his first match back.

Curt Hennig vs. Curtis Hughes

Curt Hennig - The Official Wrestling Museum Curtis Hughes – Online World of Wrestling

Curt Hennig has been rapidly rising in the ranks of Pacific Coast Wrestling, and faced a stern test in the form of the big roughneck Curtis "The Cat" Hughes. Hughes threw a lot of raw power and anger against the second generation star, and every blow landed took quite a toll on Hennig. But Hennig showed considerable resilience, bouncing back and knocking Hughes around with high impact dropkicks. He was able to wear the Cat down enough to execute the Hennig Plex and pull out the win. It looks like Hennig has become the man to watch in PCW.

Diamond is building quite the Exchange with the addition of the Sawyers.

R.I.P Percy Pringle the 3rd, Long live Paul Bearer!

I gotta admit, I assumed AoD was meant for Bearer so seeing him with Rose caught me by surprise. Same with seeing the Playboy turn on PCO & Grizzly.

The Suicide Blondes collide but aren't able to settle their differences...yet.

SSM returns in style defeating a spirited Barr.

Hennig's surge to the top continues by beating big bad Hughes.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, September 10th

The Southern Boys vs. Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory)

The last time Tracy Smothers saw Jack Victory, Victory was sending Smothers out of the Hollywood Knights by way of a Victory-Plex. Smothers seemed to be carrying a bit of a grudge, singling out Victory in the early part of the match, but there didn't seem to be any ill will on the part of the newly popular Coast 2 Coast. As the match warmed up, it got more competitive, with both teams breaking out the quick tags and combination moves. The crowd was thrilled as both teams continued to up the ante, and little disappointed when it ended up going to a time limit draw. They cheered, however, when both teams shook hands afterwards, with Smothers and Victory patting each other on the back, having squashed their beef for good.

Chavo & Hector Guerrero vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers & "The Cuban Assassin" Angel Acevedo

The Diamond Exchange continued their winning ways with a double team spike piledriver on Chavo.

Dingo Warrior vs. Mr. Hito

The newly returned Hito was one of Dingo's first rivals in PCW, and while Dingo has great improved since his debut, Hito still presented quite a challenge, with his considerable skill and veteran instincts balancing out Dingo's power and aggression. Dingo was ultimately able to put him down with a flying shoulder tackle, but he had to work hard for it.

Fit Finlay, Cannonball Grizzly & Pierre Carl Ouellet vs.  Buddy Rose, Teijo Khan & Angel Of Death

It didn't long for lines to be drawn between Rose's new Playboy Club and the now outcast members, and the result was a chaotic brawl that ended when Khan hit a diving headbutt on Ouellet. Both sides continued scuffling after the end of the match.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. Bob Backlund, Jim Neidhart & Gary Young

Young's stock in the Knights Templar continued to drop, as his attempted DDT on Owen was interrupted by a clothesline from Bret that gave the win to the Snowbirds. Young protested to both the ref and his partners, but Neidhart and Backlund both ignored him as they left the ring.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Nick Bockwinkel © vs. Rick Gantner

The young Bull continued to impress as he gave a considerable challenge to Bockwinkel, keeping the champ on his toes before ultimately being trapped in a rollup for the one two three. After the match, Bockwinkel shook his hand as a sign of respect.

The Southern Boys & Coast 2 Coast give the fans a hot opener with Smothers getting whatever he had against Victory out of his system.

The Diamond Exchange get a credible win over Los Guerreros.

The Dingo/Hito rivalry is renewed with Dingo taking the upper hand for now.

Rose's new Playboy Club recruits prove themselves against their disgruntled predecessors.

Young just can't catch a break lately.

The younger Gantner may have failed to capture the Heavyweight Title but he got the nod of respect from Bockwinkel.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, September 11th

Jeff Jarrett vs. Eddie Guerrero

The two young second generation stars had a real barnburner of a match, with Eddie scoring something of an upset with the Frog Splash.

Tony St. Clair vs. Mando Guerrero

Eddie's older brother didn't have as much success, having a competitive battle with St. Clair but ultimately going down to the spinning forearm smash.

Billy Jack Haynes & British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Big Bubba Rogers & The Midnight Express

Big Billy Jack was out to get revenge for his friend Texas Red after the recent ambush by Big Bubba Rogers, and managed to hold him off long enough for Brookside to pin Lane with a crucifix.

Black Tiger vs. Sabu

These two have had several intense matches already, and this one was no exception. It looked like it would be another victory for Black Tiger when he had Sabu set up for the Black Tiger Bomb. But Sabu flipped out of it and countered with a Sunset Flip that got the shocking three count. Sabu had pulled off a major upset and score probably the biggest win of his young career.

Dan Severn vs. Cactus Jack

Like many before, Severn wasn't sure what to make of Cactus Jack. The Man From Truth Or Consequences seemed to find a way to squirm out of any attempted submission holds, and his unconventional offense and wild brawling managed to land some shots that knocked the Beast for a loop. Little by little, Severn was able to take control of the match, but it took a series of suplexes to keep Cactus down for good.

2/3 Falls Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow) © vs. Joe & Dean Malenko

1st Fall : Snow pinned Dean with the Wheelbarrow Suplex

2nd Fall : Joe pinned Candido with a German Suplex

3rd Fall : Both teams went to a 45 minute time limit draw

Result : Draw

Eddie Guerrero vs Jeff Jarrett is a match i could've seen on Nitro as a kid & i just think that's neat.

St Clair defeats the always capable Mando.

Haynes sticks up for his friend while the MNE/British steel feud carries on.

Huge win for Sabu as he finally gets his long sought win over Black Tiger.

Severn manages to corral Cactus long enough to get the victory.

Another classic tag team 2/3 falls main event from PCW. 

Outstanding job resurrecting Flowers. With the addition of the Sawyers, the Diamond Exchange are riding high.

Well, speaking of resurrecting, Paul Bearer is born along with the neighborhood of evil. I got chills. 

WOW, the surprises keep coming. Pierre and Grizzly are out, AOD and Teijo are in. Rose was in total heel mode tonight. 

Morton and Candido don't solve anything, so it looks like more matches ahead.

Super Strong Machine comes back with a nice win over Barr.

Hennig's stock is rising in PCW.

Great show filled with new faces, new gimmicks and surprises. 

Portland, 

Coast 2 Coast and the Southern Boys are so evenly matched, it had to end in a draw. Glad Smothers and Victory patched things up.

Diamond Exchange keep their winning streak going with a big win over the Guerreros. 

Warrior beats his old rival Hito. 

The new members of the Playboy Club come through for Buddy. However, I think this is far from over.

Poor Gary just can't catch a break. He's trying so hard.

Gantner comes up short in his PCW title match but getting respect from Bock is pretty good consolation. 

Eugene,

Eddie picks up a big time win over Jarrett in an exciting opener. 

St. Clair rebounds well from his TV title loss.

British Steel helps Billy Jack get a bit of payback. 

Oh man, Sabu's win over former LHW champ Black Tiger is a big deal. 

Severn finds a way to put that crazy Cactus Jack down. 

What a way to end the show with the Bomb Squad going all the way with the Malenkos. Classic! 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, September 16th

Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory) & Billy Jack Haynes vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow) & Jim Neidhart

Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Two men who began teaming together in the  UWF before going over to World Class Championship Wrestling:Jack Victory  and "Hollywood" John Tatum back in 1987 https://t.co/gCMvLBXaNU" /Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterChris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn BellJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Although there has been a fair amount of drama surrounding the Knights Templar, the Bomb Squad are riding high, having won the Pacific Tag Team Titles at Phoenix Firestorm. The former Knights, Coast 2 Coast, are coming off a tough loss at the hands of the Malenko Brothers, but are determined to regain their momentum as quickly as possible. While there were some hard hitting exchanges between Billy Jack and the Anvil, the story of much of this match was between Coast 2 Coast and the Bomb Squad, with plenty of near falls just barely interrupted by partners coming in to break up the count. The Bomb Squad's luck ran out when, out of nowhere, Tatum was able to take out Candido with the Super Kick and score the pinfall. A big with for Tatum and Victory, but I don't think they will truly be satisfied until the titles are theirs.

Cactus Jack vs. Steve Morris

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

Ever since he left the Army and formed the Wild Things, Cactus Jack has had a bit of a difficult time scoring wins. He apparently decided to make an example of the rookie Morris , ambushing him before the match and dragging him out of the ring. He then drove him head first into the corner post , and Morris' face was a blood mess through the rest of the match. Cactus proceeded to beat the stew out of Morris, battering him severely before hitting the Cactus Needle (double underhook DDT) for the pinfall. Whether he wins or loses, the man from Truth Or Consequences is not to be taken lightly.

Super Strong Machine vs. Big Bubba Rogers

December 20th Birthdays | Freakin' Awesome Network ForumsBig Bubba Rogers ( Shown here with the UWF Title). He also portrayed this  particular character … | World championship wrestling, Wrestling  superstars, Pro wrestling

Big Bubba Rogers has had a long reign of terror in PCW, including a substantial run as TV champ. Super Strong Machine has been absent for most of it, but even though the Louisville Slugger outweighed him, the masked Japanese star refused to be intimidated. Machine showed that he was tough as nails as he took the hardest shots that Bubba could dish out and dealt it back in turn. But little by little, the big monster wore him down and it looked like Bubba would get the better of the masked man. Then out of nowhere, someone charged into the ring and attacked Bubba. It was Texas Red! The big Texan hadn't been seen since he had been ambushed by Bubba a few weeks ago, but now he was back and out for revenge. The ref called for the DQ while the two slugged it out, and it took a full complement of security to separate the two. It looks like this feud won't end until one of them takes the other out for good.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests have recently made their surprising return to Pacific Coast Wrestling … Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong, the Wild Eyed Southern Boys!

Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Those "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys":Tracy  Smothers and Steve Armstrong circa late-1980's https://t.co/lWjQI5n5E3" /  Twitter

The crowd warmly cheers the Southern Boys as they make their entrance. Armstrong and Smothers eagerly slap hands and exchange hugs with the fans, smiling all the way.

Coss : Tracy Smothers, it's safe to say that the PCW fans were more than a little caught off guard by the return of the Southern Boys at Phoenix Firestorm. The last we saw of the two of you together, you and Steve were at each other's throats. And the last we saw of you, you were calling yourself Mr. Hollywood and were running the Hollywood Knights until Jack Victory sent you packing. Care to comment?

Smothers : (His smile is immediately replaced by a serious expression) Everything you said was true, Don Coss. Here's the deal. I was first in PCW on my own for a short while. The fans were supportive, but I didn't make much of an impact. Then I came back as part of a team with my good friend Steve here. The Southern Boys had some success, and again, the fans were behind us. But then I started to get a big head. The California fans were so good to me, I started thinking I was the King of California. I thought I was bigger than the team. I turned my back on Steve and started calling myself Mr. Hollywood. Surrounded myself with a bunch of guys called the Hollywood Knights and started bossing them around. The fans didn't support me anymore. At the time, I didn't care, but the fans knew better than I did. They didn't like me as some phony baloney Hollywood big shot. They liked me before for who I was! A good ole boy from Tennessee. I forgot my roots, started believing my own hype, and it cost me. I became such a jerk, even the Hollywood Knights got sick of me, and kicked me out with authority. That turned out to be the wake up call I needed. I took some time out to collect my thoughts, then I reached out to Steve. Understandably, he was skeptical at first. But after several long talks, we hashed things out. I apologized to him, and God bless him, Steve forgave me. We started teaming up again. Then , when it was time, we made the return to Pacific Coast Wrestling. The fans welcomed us back with open arms, and we are grateful for that. As for Jack Victory, he and I settle things in the ring. After our match, we went out for a few drinks with Coast 2 Coast. And boy, those two know how to have a good time! They don't like the so called Knights Templar any more than we do, and we are glad to call them friends now. So now it's just clear sailing for the Southern Boys, and we are ready to show the PCW fans what we can really do!

Armstrong : That's right , Tracy. We've wrestled all over America, but we always knew we wanted to return to PCW. They have the best friends, and that is where the Tag Team competition is the hottest. The best teams in the world compete here, and were out to prove themselves. The Southern Boys are back, and we are going for gold!

Todd Morton vs. Dave Cruser

Todd Morton shares his thoughts after July 20th - YouTube

It's been a few weeks since Todd Morton made his shocking return to PCW, and in that time, he has worked hard to show that he has turned over a new leaf. Joining up with the Army in their time of need, he has proved himself a loyal member, and is on the road to reestablishing himself. Although the rookie Cruser was bigger than him, Morton couldn't be matched in fire or relentlessness. He went after Cruser from the moment the bell rang and wouldn't let up until he hit a top rope flying elbow drop to finish him off.  It looks like anyone who overlooks Todd Morton does so at their peril.

Chavo & Mando Guerrero vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers & "The Cuban Assassin" Angel Acevedo

Wrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.com Mando Guerrero – Online World of WrestlingDiamond Timothy Flowers transitions to Streetfighter | Slam WrestlingAutographed Cuban Assassin 8x10 Photograph. | EstateSales.org

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers and his Diamond Exchange had been gone for years before their recent return to PCW, but they haven't wasted any time in becoming a force to be reckoned with. They faced a considerable challenge in the veteran Guerrero Brothers, who weren't about to roll over for the Exchange. The two sides had a determined battle, and it was tough to tell just which one would prevail. In the end it was the skullduggery of the Diamond Exchange that prevailed, as they were able to keep the ref distracted long enough to hit a spike piledriver on Mando to get the pinfall. The rest of PCW had best be on their guard against Timothy Flowers' crew.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, September 17th

Rick Gantner vs. Hector Guerrero

The younger Gantner Brother went all out and pinned hector following the Hangman's Drop (two handed chokeslam)

Barry Windham, Dan Severn, Dingo Warrior, & The Southern Boys vs. One Man Gang, Akira Maeda, Mr. Hito & The Malenko Brothers

This was an absolute war, which would be no surprise , given the personalities involved. While there were plenty of brutal showdowns between Windham and Gang, as well as Severn and Maeda , it wound up being Tracy Smothers who got the pinfall after hitting the Jawjacker on Hito.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) © vs. Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero

The Wild Things gave the champions a real run for their money in an exciting match that ended with Regal successfully hitting the Regal-Plex to defend their titles

Cannonball Grizzly vs. Buddy Rose

The Playboy did everything he could to duck and dodge, stick and move against his much larger and angrier opponent, but with the big Grizzly bearing down on him, he went to familiar tactics and had Teijo Khan and the Angel Of Death bail him out and attack the former member of the Playboy Club. As the ref called for the DQ, the new Playboy Club continued their triple team until Fit Finlay and Pierre Carl Ouellet rushed out and ran them off.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow) © vs. Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas)

This was a rematch from Phoenix Firestorm, a hotly contested match with Black Gold determined to regain their titles. They gave it their best shot, but the Bomb Squad emerged triumphant when they hit the Detonator (wheelbarrow suplex by Snow followed by a top rope flying legdrop by Candido) on Douglas.

Curt Hennig & Ron Simmons vs. Nick Bockwinkel & Sid Vicious

Simmons was able to hold of Vicious while Hennig was able to block a belly to back suplex by Bockwinkel and counter with a rollup to pin the champ.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, September 18th

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Cactus Jack

Having lost both his partner Big Jos Leduc and his membership in the Playboy Club, Ouellet is looking to establish himself as a credible singles competitor. Meanwhile, across the ring, Cactus Jack has fought hard in recent matches but has had a hard time getting wins. The result is two men both with something to prove and prove themselves they did in a down and dirty fight where both men held back nothing. They went at it, fist and fire, until the action spilled outside the ring and they were both counted out. You can bet that they will both be itching for another shot at each other.

Super Strong Maching vs. Gary Young

Another man with something to prove is Gary Young, trying to reestablish himself in the eyes of his mentor Mr. Bob Backlund and the rest of the Knights Templar. To that end, he want after Super Strong Machine hard, tearing at his mask and pulling out every dirty trick that he had. Machine kept his poise and waited for his chance, punishing Young with a series of jarring suplexes until hitting the Devil Windmill Suplex for the win.

Todd Morton vs. Jim Neidhart

Young Morton put in a spirited effort against the Anvil, fighting his way out of attempts at both the Anvilizer and the Camel Clutch. Neidhart was not about to be shown up in front of his home town Fresno crowd, and was able to pin Morton with a running powerslam, but did help Morton up afterwards in acknowledgement of the tough fight he had been given.

Bret & Owen Hart vs. Buzz & Hack Sawyer

The two sets of brothers went at it hard, in a very fast paced and hard hitting match. The Sawyers went to the gutter when Hack clobbered Owen from behind with his brother's chain, just out of eyesight of the ref. Buzz then capitalized with a German Suplex on Owen to get the tainted win. I can't imagine that the Harts are going to let this slide.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Robbie Brookside

Hot off his Golden State Tag Title defense the night before, Brookside gave a considerable challenge to Pillman in an intense match with plenty of near falls. Pillman took a page out of Brookside's book and was able to pin the young Englishman with a crucifix.

Pacific Television Title Match : Ed Gantner © vs. Jeff Jarrett

The plucky young Jarrett was difficult to keep down, but in the end, the big Bull was able to overpower Jarrett and defeat him with the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face).

We start in Oakland.

Coast 2 Coast have an ironclad claim on a Pacific Tag Title shot after Tatum pins Candido.

Cactus makes a bloody statement.

Red is back & looking to settle the score with Big Bubba.

Tracy Smothers cuts a heartfelt promo detailing his previous stint in PCW. The Southern Boys & Coast 2 Coast make a formidable force to go against the Knights Templar.

Morton gets some shine.

The Diamond Exchange shine in the main event with a victory over Los Guerreros.

Onto San Francisco.

The younger Gantner truimphs over the second youngest Guerrero.

Smothers brings victory home in a stacked 10 man tag.

British Steel retain against some Wild competition.

Rose needs his new friends to save him from Grizzly.

The Bomb Squad fend off the former champs.

Bockwinkel & Vicious make quite the visual. Shame it doesn't work as Bock eats the pin.

Moving on to Fresno.

PCO shows Cactus he knows how to get Wild.

SSM foils Young's latest chance to prove himself.

Neidhart manages to show some class after a hometown win.

The Sawyer brothers use the chain to overcome the Harts.

Brookside gives his all to become a double champion, but it was not to be.

The Big Bull fends off the challenge of Double J.