Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Eddie's absence is really hurting his brothers.

Add Sabu to the missing persons list.

The rivalry between the Knights & the Harts is about ready to blow.

Maeda continues to dominate anyone put in front of him.

Eddie returns....and joins the Wild Things? His brothers must be so confused & i don't blame them.

The show ends with the always enjoyable visual of Rose getting ping ponged around the ring.

Happy Canada day everyone!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , July 2nd

Fit Finlay & Ron Garvin vs. The Midnight Express

This match eventually broke down into chaos when Jim Cornette got up on the ring apron, trying to get his tennis racquet to his men. Garvin intercepted him and grabbed him by the lapel, looking to make him pay for his interference, but Bobby Eaton clipped him from behind and rolled him up for the pinfall.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Mando Guerrero

These two had a close scientific matchup where Jarrett was able to hit a sunset flip and get the one two three.

Barry Windham vs. One Man Gang

These two mortal enemies had another hellacious battle where Windham was finally able to put down the big 747 with a running bulldog headlock

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Dean Malenko

Black Tiger was presented with an incredible challenge from the younger of the Malenko Brothers. Dean came very close on a number of occasions to taking the title, but Tiger waited for his opportunity and, when Dean was attempting the Texas Cloverleaf, Tiger caught him in a small package for the win

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman & Jim Neidhart vs. Bob Backlund, Gary Young & The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

The bubbling feud between the Hart Family and friends and the Knights Templar boiled over in this match. The two sides tore into each other, and the match went long with the momentum shifting back and forth. Backlund and Bret seemed to be targeting each other, with Bret finally getting Backlund down in the Sharpshooter. The Bomb Squad tried to break it up, but Owen and Pillman dropkicked them out of the ring. They then piled on Young to keep him from interfering. It looked like Bret was going to pull off a major upset by submitting the California and Submission Champ. Then Neidhart entered the ring and …. Clotheslined Bret in the back of the head! He followed this act of betrayal by clotheslining Pillman and Owen to the mat before putting the boots to Bret. As the crowd gasped in shock and horror, Backlund rolled Bret up in the Backlund Bridge to get the perfunctory pinfall. But the Anvil was not done, as he put Bret in an excruciating Camel Clutch while Owen and Pillman could do nothing but watch while the rest of the Knights kept them from rescuing their partner. Finally, Billy Jack Haynes, Texas Red, Ron Garvin and Fit Finlay ran out to break through the line and save Bret. The Knights were laughing as they left the ring and Backlund put his arm around Neidhart's shoulders (although the rest of the Knights seemed to be giving him a suspicious side eye). What on earth has possessed the Anvil?

Billy Jack Haynes & Texas Red vs. Nick Bockwinkel & Big Bubba Rogers

Nick Bockwinkel was coming off two straight one hour time limit draws, one in Japan against Antonio Inoki and one in LA against Bob Backlund, and was understandably showing some signs of wear and tear. Wisely, he used his influence (*cough* money *cough*) to acquire the services of the best friend money can buy, Big Bubba Rogers, to shoulder much of the burden of this match. But against two powerful athletes like Billy Jack and Texas Red, that line of defense could only hold for so long, and Bock had to spend more and more time trying to battle them on his own. It seemed like he just might pull it off when he had Billy Jack set up for a belly to back suplex, but the Oregon powerhouse blocked it and countered with a mighty shoulder breaker. Big Bubba tried to break up the pin, but Texas Red cut him off with a clothesline. One … two … THREE!!!! Billy Jack had just pinned the Pacific Heavyweight Champion! The crowd was jubilant as Texas Red proudly raised his partner's arm in victory. It looks like the Pacific Heavyweight Title now has a new top contender.

The MNE claim a cheap win in the opener.

Double J pins a probably distraught Mando.

Windham takes down OMG proving he's still a top contender.

Young Dean puts in an impressive display against the dominant Light Heavyweight champ.

Neidhart betrays his brother-in-law to join Mr Backlund's crusade! 

AAfter back-to-back broadways, Bock doesn't have enough left to withstand Billy Jack. Even with the best friend money can buy lol.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, July 3rd

Brian Adams vs. Doug Furnas

A quick rivalry has sprung up between the Pride and the Rainbow Warriors. Tonight, Adams would face the big Oklahoman Furnas in a battle of two big men. It was a show of power wrestling that Furnas won when he caught Adams in a side suplex.

Dan Severn vs. Rick Gantner

Severn was gearing up for another shot at Akira Maeda but had his hands full with one half of the Wild Bulls. He ultimately prevailed by forcing Gantner to tap out to a Boston Crab.

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Badd Company

A thrilling tag team classic that went to British Steel when Brookside pinned Diamond with a crucifix.

Leo Burke vs. Ed Gantner

The General of the Army gave a valiant effort, but the big Bull was too much to overcome, and Gantner scored the victory with the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face).

Curt Hennig vs. Gary Young

The hatred between these two was palpable as they took their feud to the ring. No matter what each of them did to the other, it seemed like their hatred was enough to push them through any pinfall attempt. Hennig wound up going for desperation gutter tactics when he blocked a DDT attempt with a low blow knee shot, following up with a Cradle Suplex for the pinfall. Hennig seemed disappointed in himself after the match for having sunk so low.

Pacific Television Title Match : Tony St. Clair © vs. Joe Malenko

After defeating Big Bubba Rogers to win the TV Title, St. Clair has taken on all comers, but the older Malenko Brother gave him perhaps his greatest challenge yet. With a wealth of technical skill and a seemingly unending reserve of energy, Malenko seemed to have an answer to every problem St. Clair tried to give him. St. Clair was finally able to block and counter an attempted German Suplex with a schoolboy cradle to get a hard fought one-two-three.

Furnas wins the opening hoss fest.

Severn sends a strong message making one of the dominant Wild Bulls tap.

Badd Company couldn't put a dent in British Steel.

Ed Gantner is rolling ahead of his approaching TV title shot.

Hennig lets his rage take him down a low road to get a win over Young. A moment of weakness or a sign of things to come?

I'm not familiar with the elder Malenko but it's clear he took St Clair to the limit so he's good with me.

The Guerreros found out the hard way, that you better be 100% focused when wrestling TDT. 

Very strange things happening with the young PCW wrestlers. Sabu no shows and leaves his partners with a clear disadvantage. 

Harts vs. Bomb Squad segues into chaos, which now leads to a must see 8 man tag. 

Akira was such a great pick up. He's become the baddest man in Pacific. 

Things take a wild turn in the Pacific tag title match, when none other than EDDIE GUERERRO returns! Not only that, but he sides with Barr and Jack!?!?!?! 

Can't think of a better way to end a Canadian special than with an All-Star team of Canadians standing tall over Playboy Rose. 

Vancouver,

Cornette's antics almost backfires but Eaton saves the day.

Jarrett upsets Mando. I'm sure Mando's still reeling over Eddie.

Windham and OMG continue their rivalry with Windham coming out on top. 

Tiger continues his amazing run. 

The 8 man tag is stealing the show, until Anvil does the unthinkable and turns on Bret!!!! What is happening??? I'm loving all these unpredictable events going down in PCW.

Bock shells out the cash for Bubba. However, it doesn't pay off as Billy Jack scores the pin. Get ready because Bock vs. Billy Jack is coming. I'm wondering if those back to back draws have taken a serious toll on Bock. 

Kelowna, 

Furnas continues to impress.

If Severn is getting ready for Akira, then taking on Rick Gantner is a smart tune up.

Every since getting back in sync, British Steel has been unstoppable. 

Ed is the Gantner who gets the win tonight. 

Hennig digs deep in the heel well to take Young down. I'll be keeping an eye on Hennig.

Joe Malenko shines in his big opportunity, but my man St. Clair always finds a way to pull it out. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, July 8th

Barry Windham vs. Cannonball Grizzly

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaTalking Shop: Cannonball Grizzly/PN News (ex-WCW) |

Barry Windham has faced a lot of big men in his time in PCW, notably in his ongoing feud with the One Man Gang. The young behemoth Cannonball Grizzly was determined to make sure Windham would take him seriously. Grizzly was looking to prove himself to his leader, Buddy Rose, and was extremely aggressive with the former Pacific Heavyweight Champion. Windham certainly had his hands full with Grizzly, but he had the advantage of experience, and ultimately his patience paid off. Grizzly whipped him into the corner and came in for an Avalanche. But Windham dove out of the way and Grizzly went in hard chest first. As Grizzly staggered out of the corner, Windham nailed him with a quick Bulldog that got the three count. Windham pulled out the victory , but Grizzly had proved that he is not an opponent to take lightly.

Konnan vs. Maxx Payne

Konnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, LuchadorMaxx Payne

Another feud that keeps rolling on is the one between Konnan and Sid Vicious. Even after Konnan took the mask of the now former Lord Humongous, these two just keep going after each other, no matter what the circumstances. Konnan was doing his best against Payne's huge stable mate Maxx Payne, but the moment Payne was able to knock him out of the ring, the Crazy Gang sprung their sinister trap. Percy Pringle got the attention of the referee, which was the signal for Sid Vicious to sneak out and ambush Konnan with a Power Bomb. By the time the ref turned around, all he could see was Konnan splayed out on the floor, and counted the masked man out. A cheap victory, but they have to know that there is going to be some sort of response to this.

US Steel vs. Chavo Guerrero

Making Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn BellWrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.com

The Guerreros have been at their wits end with the situation with their youngest brother Eddie. First Eddie went missing, then he turned up aligned with the Wild Things of all people. For some reason, they have blamed the Army for this situation, even though Cactus Jack and Art Barr have left the Army. Chavo seemed to be trying to take out his frustrations on the biggest member of the Army, US Steel. He certainly was able to keep up a considerable offense on Steel, but his anger made him reckless, and he ended up running straight into a jarring powerslam. Steel then picked up Chavo and planted him with the Steeldriver (front slam) and that was that. Perhaps the Guerreros would be better off focusing less on the Army and more on bringing their wayward brother back into the fold.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests once again have something they want to declare to Pacific Coast Wrestling *eye roll* … the Knights Templar!

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesGary Young – Online World of WrestlingChris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn BellJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

The crowd boos as Bob Backlund comes out with his acolytes : Gary Young, Chris Candido, Al Snow, and apparently the newest member of the Knights, Jim Neidhart. Oddly, apart from Backlund, the rest of the Knights seem to be keeping their distance from Neidhart, but the Anvil is not paying any mind to this, and is as manic as ever.

Bonnema : Well, *Mister* Bob Backlund, you seem to be on top of the world, what with pulling a major coup for the newest member of the Knights. (Neidhart cackles) And yet in spite of it all, the Pacific Heavyweight Title remains outside your grasp. You took Nick Bockwinkel to the limit for 60 minutes but were still not able to get the victory. In spite of your best efforts, you are still not the Heavyweight Champion.

Backlund : Only for the moment, Bonnema, only for the moment. As both California and Submission Champion, I have sufficient influence to get a rematch. It will be tomorrow at the Portland Memorial Coliseum, it will be two out of three falls … and there will be no time limit! Bockwinkel will not be able to escape me any longer, and the crown jewel of Pacific Coast Wrestling will be mine!

Bonnema : Jim Neidhart, we will all shocked when you turned your back on your partner , Bret Hart, and threw your lot in with the Knights Templar. What could have possessed you to betray your best friend like that?

Neidhart : Friend? FRIEND? Let me tell you about my so called friend Bret Hart. Not long ago, I went shoulder first into the corner post during a match. The resulting injury put me on the shelf for several weeks. During my recuperation,  Bret constantly visited me, telling me to take it easy, take all the time I needed to recover, don't push myself. I wanted to get back to our tag team, but he kept saying there was no rush, that my health was more important. I soon found out why. He started teaming with his baby brother Owen. He didn't need me anymore, he had replaced me! He just tossed me aside like garbage, all while smiling to my face! When I came back to the ring, I had to do it on my own. My confidence was at an all time low. At Seattle Showdown, when Maxx Payne got me in the Payne Killer, I was so worried that I might re-injure my shoulder, I tapped out right away. I was humiliated! Well after that, I knew I was on my own and I swore that I would never let anyone put me in that situation again. I had a match with Mister Bob Backlund and , no matter what the risk to my shoulder, I was never going to give up. I ended up taking him to a time limit draw. After the match , he visited me and opened my eyes to the truth. He gave me the guidance I was never going to get from my now former partner. I realized that couldn't trust anyone, couldn't count on anyone, least of all my supposed friend Bret Hart. The only person I could count on and trust was myself … and Mister Bob Backlund! The Anvil is a Knight Templar for life! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Backlund puts his arm around his newest charge, but the other members of the Knights are giving the Anvil the side eye as we cut to commercial.

John Tenta vs. Buddy Rose

earthquake wwe cheap online Legend Playboy Buddy Rose Found Dead - OWW

Last week, Tenta pleased the Canada Day crowds by pinning the Playboy in a six man tag match. This week, Rose was extremely unwilling to get engaged during this singles match. He did his best to stick and move with the former Sumo, but eventually Tenta caught up with him and tossed him around the ring. It looked like more bad news for Rose until Cannonball Grizzly, still battered from his earlier match, came out and attacked Tenta, leading to the DQ. Rose and Grizzly continued the assault on Tenta until Fit Finlay came out and evened the sides. Commissioner Dutch Savage came out and declared that the two sides could settle things in the ring tomorrow in a tag match.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. The Pride (Joe Malenko, Dean Malenko & Doug Furnas)

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark Theatre20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartAnything Wrestling - 22 Years Later: October 5th, 1997 - WattpadFunk's Corner – The Funks vs. The Malenkos – Online World of WrestlingDoug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

The Harts and Pillman were clearly shaken by what transpired earlier with their former friend Jim Neidhart, but were determined to do their best against the Pride. The Pride have rapidly become one of the most respected and feared groups in PCW, with a wealth of skill and athletic ability leading to some of the most hotly contested matches in recent memory. The two sides had an incredible match, with both sides pushing each other to their limits and plentiful near falls. The match cumulated in a battle of rollups between Owen and Joe with the older Malenko catching Owen in a waistlock and pinning him with a huge German Suplex. If anyone might have doubted the Pride before, there is certainly no denying them now.

Grizzly tries to maul Windham but the former champ escapes with the win.

Interesting how with Sabu absent, the Crazy Gang's plan goes off without a hitch.

US Steel defeats a Mando who may not be thinking clearly.

Neidhart lays out a clear case for his joining the Knights Templar, but Mr Backlund's other students don't appear convinced yet. Though let's not bury the lead, Backlund/Bockwinkel 2 will be 2/3 falls with no time limit! Now we'll certainly find out who's the better man.

Grizzly may have been a bit beaten up but he was still there when Rose needed him.

The Pride with a defining win over the Hart's & Pillman. Big things are in store for these men. 

I really enjoy your organization and all of the groups you got going on.  I have been waiting to hear about Neidhart and the quick tap and the alliance switch and that was an awesome interview.  Backlund has united a really good group of wrestlers.  I wonder if this will now put him over the top against Bockwinkle.  Great show as always.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, July 9th

Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory) vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Another heated battle between former alliance mates that went to Coast 2 Coast when Jack hit the Victory-Plex on Snow.

Ron Garvin vs. Akira Maeda

Ever since he debuted in PCW with an ambush of Dan Severn, Maeda has been tearing through the opposition like a one man tornado. If he was expecting Ron Garvin to be another pushover, he was sorely mistaken. Possessed of an iron jaw and hands of stone, Garvin could take the worst that Maeda could dish out and give it back in turn. When Maeda tried to take Garvin down and trap him in a submission hold, he found that Garvin would not be trapped so easily and was able to do a lot of damage to the Japanese star. To his credit, Maeda never let up and was ultimately able to hit a Capture Suplex for the pinfall. Not as one sided as some of Maeda's victories, but an impressive one nonetheless.

Fit Finlay & John Tenta vs. Buddy Rose & Cannonball Grizzly

Following what went on the night before on TV, a match was quickly signed for Finlay and Tenta to face off with the Playboy and his large protégé. Once again, Rose was not keen to face either of his opponents, but snuck in and got his shots in when it was most opportune. When the ref was distracted with a brawl between Tenta and Grizzly, Rose saw his chance to strike. He reached into his trunks, pulled out a set of brass knucks, and approached Finlay with evil intent. But when he tried to take a swing at him, the Belfast Bruiser caught his wrist and held it in a grip of steel. As Rose's face broke out in a panicked expression, Finlay kicked his feet out from under him and started to put the boots to him. With Grizzly tied up with Tenta, there was no escape for the Playboy until the ref tried to separate the two. Finlay was having none of that, and backhanded the ref to the mat while continuing to stomp Rose. The ref called for the bell, but it took Grizzly and a newly arrived Ed Wiskowski to peel him off Rose. Finlay and Tenta had lost by DQ, but I don't get the feeling that Finlay really cared.

Leo Burke & Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) vs. Cactus Jack, Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero

Ever since their defection from the Army, the duo of Cactus Jack and Art Barr have become something of a thorn in the side of their former friends. With the shocking addition of Eddie Guerrero, the group calling themselves the Wild Things have turned into a truly unpredictable element in PCW. This mad for a hotly contested six man match that took a turn for the even more chaotic when the Guerrero Brothers showed up at ringside. While trying to persuade their errant brother to leave with them, they also got into arguments with Leo Burke, who was trying to keep them from interfering in the match. While all this was going on, Blackman had Cactus lined up for the running bicycle kick when someone entered the ring and attacked him from behind. It was …… SABU? The Madman From Bombay took him down with a back heel kick to the back of the head and dove out of the ring again. The ref turned around to see Cactus covering Blackman and made the three count. After the match, Cactus put his arm around Sabu and cackled like a lunatic while the Army and Guerreros looked on in despair at what had become of their former charges.

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Gary Young

Last week, Billy Jack pulled off a major coup when he pinned Pacific Heavyweight champ Nick Bockwinkel in a tag team match, catapulting him to the list of top contenders. Tonight, he would face California/Submission champ Mr. Bob Backlund's top lieutenant, Gary Young. Ever since his return to PCW at the beginning of the year, Young has proved himself to be a determined competitor, and the battle between them was tightly contested. Ultimately, Billy Jack was able to pull off the win with a massive slingshot clothesline. Nick Bockwinkel had best keep an eye over his shoulder, as the popular Oregon native is gunning for him.

2/3 Falls Pacific Heavyweight Title Match with No Time Limit : Nick Bockwinkel © vs. Bob Backlund

Speaking of Nick Bockwinkel, two weeks ago, he went to a one hour draw with Bob Backlund, his second such draw in recent memory. Following that, this match was signed to hopefully guarantee a definitive winner. Mr. Bob Backlund came out with the rest of the Knights Templar in tow. The Pacific Heavyweight champion was next and immediately got on the ringside microphone, stating that unless the Knights were gone from ringside, he would leave and the match would be called off. Backlund gave the order and his followers dutifully returned to the locker room. The bell rang and the fans got settled in for what they knew would be a long match. There was a feeling out period between the two followed by an extended matwork section, with each men trying to get the other in a pinning predicament or a submission hold. They then gradually opened up into trying and often hitting bigger and bigger moves. It was deep into the match when Backlund drew first blood, catching Bockwinkel in the Backlund Bridge for the first pinfall. Bockwinkel gave him a nod of respect before getting back to business, battling back until he hit a belly to back suplex to even the match at one fall apiece. The match went into the final stretch with both men worn down but determined to prevail. It was an uncharacteristic lapse in concentration by Backlund that led to Bockwinkel wrapping him up in a rollup out of the corner. Bock pushed back on the corner ropes with his feet to get a leveraged pinfall and win the match. Nearly 90 minutes of action and the Pacific Heavyweight Champion had come out on top. Backlund gave him a begrudging handshake before leaving the ring and the fans, exhausted but exhilarated, went home knowing they had just witnessed an all time classic.

Coast 2 Coast is on a roll since departing Mr Backlund's tuetalege.

Madea gets a proper challenge from Garvin.

Rose goes for the Brass knuckles but it horribly backfires.

I think we all knew Sabu had a place in the Wild Things waiting for him.

Haynes gets a win over Mr Backlund's top lieutenant.

An hour and a half of action! What a main event between two of the best technical wrestlers to lace up a pair of boots.

Windham prevails but Grizzly has another great showing.

Konnan and Sid are heading for an explosive showdown. 

I agree, after that, the Guerreros should focus on Eddie and his new Wild Friends. 

Excellent Anvil promo. I loved his explanation. Can't wait for the inevitable Anvil vs. Hitman one on one.

Rose vs. Tenta segues into an announced tag bout. 

The Pride are defiantly for real. After that tremendous win, big things are coming.

Portland,

Coast to Coast (again, love that name) defeat their former stablemates. 

Garvin puts up a rugged fight, but Akira gets the win. Akira has been such a dynamic presence in Pacific. 

Yea, Finlay didn't care about the DQ loss. He got what he wanted LOL. 

Things get wild as Sabu joins the Wild Things! Damn, what a group. 

That win over Young gives Billy Jack even more credibility for a title shot. 

Wow! What a week for match of the year candidates. The NWA gives us a Flair/Tully masterpiece and now Pacific gives us 90 minutes of Bock and Backlund. Absolute classic! I loved the storytelling. Bock finally gets the decisive win. It's going to be fun watching Bock go from a Backlund game plan to a Bily Jack plan. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, July 10th

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman & Curt Hennig vs. Gary Young, Jim Neidhart & The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Curt Hennig teamed up with Pillman and the Harts to take on his nemesis Gary Young and the rest of the Knights Templar. The Harts' former partner and friend Jim Neidhart was on the side of the Knights, leading to a tense and heated fray. When things broke down with all men in the ring, Niedhart wound up being the difference maker as he ambushed Owen with a nasty clip from behind. This left Owen vulnerable to a DDT by Gary Young that gave the win to the Knights. Strangely, Young looked rather annoyed with Neidhart afterwards, but the Knights still stood triumphant.

Dan Severn & Jeff Jarrett vs. Badd Company

PCW's own Odd Couple are back together and facing the allies of Severn's despised enemy, Akira Maeda. Badd Company certainly gave Severn and Jarrett quite the fight, but Jarrett was able to sent Tanaka spiraling out of the ring with a spectacular flying dropkick. This gave Severn the opening to hit a crushing takeover suplex on Diamond to score the victory.

Ron Simmons & Dingo Warrior vs. The Midnight Express

The Midnights were facing a team much bigger and more powerful than themselves, and found themselves in the rare position of being at a disadvantage. Perhaps wisely, they went for hit and run tactics, but this only seemed to infuriate Dingo Warrior in particular. When Jim Cornette tried to interfere with his tennis racquet, Dingo went after him. As Dingo chased the terrified Cornette around the ring, the ref counted to 10, which meant that the Midnights won by countout. Another stolen victory for the Midnight Express, and it took some time for Simmons to get Dingo calmed down after the match.

Texas Red vs. Rick Gantner

Texas Red, currently feuding with Big Bubba Rogers, faces another big man in one half of the Wild Bulls, Rick Gantner. These two powerhouses had a brutal slugfest, with Gantner in particular refusing to go down to some incredible blows from Red. Red was finally able to get Gantner up in the Tombstone Piledriver and cover him for the one two three. Texas Red pulled out the win, but it took a lot to put the Wild Bull down.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet) © vs. The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams)

Although TDT have had a dominant run since winning the Golden State Tag Team Titles, they had to dig in deep to defend against the fast rising team of the Rainbow Warriors. They still came out with their titles intact when things broke down in a four way brawl, leading to the ref declaring a no contest, but you could tell that the Rainbow Warriors were not done with them by a long shot.

Pacific Television Title Match : Tony St. Clair © vs. Curtis Hughes

Of late, Ronnie P. Gossett's men have been gunning for St. Clair and his title, notably with Ed Gantner scoring a pinfall over "Tough" Tony in a six man tag match. Tonight, it would be the big roughneck Curtis "The Cat" Hughes who would make his challenge, and he proved to be a formidable challenger for the champ. No matter what St. Clair threw at him, Hughes came roaring back and did a lot of damage. St. Clair gutted it out and, little by little, was able to wear down the big man until he finally pinned him with the Floating Butterfly Suplex. A draining match, but one where St. Clair ultimately prevailed.

Neidhart pays dividends for his new teammates. Is that jealousy i see Mr Young.

The Odd Couple return with a win but you just know that Severn still has his sights set on Maeda.

Dingo's temper costs him & Simmons against the MNE.

Red tames himself a bull.

The Rainbow Warriors will make fun challengers to TDT.

St Clair refuses to be the Big Cat's prey.

Great house show here!  As I was reading about the team of Dingo Warrior and Ron Simmons, I was wondering how these two personalities were going to fit.  Dingo is like a caged animal and Simmons seems like the calm, calculated warrior.  It was cool how it all played out with Simmons having to calm Dingo down.  This is going to be a wild ride with these two.  It was also cool seeing Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart on opposite sides.  I am unsure but guessing this might have happened a lot in Stampede but I am used to them in WWF.  

Never a dull moment with the Knights. Looking forward to their next interview. 

The Odd Couple are back and haven't lost a step.

LOL, I could totally see Warrior chasing a terrified Cornette. 

Red gets the win, but man Gantner didn't make it easy.

TDT walked out with the belts but the Warriors proved to be a threat.

I'm loving St. Clair's TV title run and the variety of challengers he's taking on. Great match with the Big Cat. 

PCW has a pretty big couple of weeks of stuff going on here. Midnights v Simmons and Dingo is such a clash of styles and I love it. I like the little bit of turmoil with the Knights as well. Obviously that team with the Harts looks amazing on paper.  I also want to pop back to the 90 minute 2/3 Falls Bock v Backlund match. This would have gone down in lore forever with these two involved. Fun way to bring something like that to life.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, July 15th

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Gary Young

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / Twitter http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/01-42.jpg

Billy Jack has had plenty of close matches with Young and the other members of the Knights Templar. But with the possibility of a Pacific Heavyweight Title shot against Nick Bockwinkel on the horizon, Billy Jack was in no mood for a drawn out match. Young is a tough customer, but the super focused Billy Jack was too much to handle. As Sunshine cheered her man on from ringside, Haynes dismantled Young with power moves before locking him in the middle of the ring with the dreaded Full Nelson. With nowhere to run to, Young had no choice but to tap out. Billy Jack clearly won't be satisfied until he gets Bockwinkel in his sights.

Leo Burke vs. Akira Maeda

Leo Burke - IMDbAkira Maeda - TheSportsDB.com

Give the devil his due : ever since his shocking arrival in Pacific Coast Wrestling, Akria Maeda has faced some of the toughest men in PCW and has yet to be defeated. Tonight, he faced the veteran leader of the Army Leo Burke and you could tell by the set of Burke's jaw that if Maeda wanted to take this match, he was going to have to give it his all. Burke took some of the most vicious kicks Maeda had to offer and fired back with blistering lefts and rights that sent Maeda reeling. Burke even came close to trapping Maeda in the Sleeper Hold, but the Japanese superstar was able to fight his way out. Maeda was finally able to get Burke to the mat with a single arm takedown. After a lengthy period of working over Burke's arm, Maeda was able to force the tapout with a Wakigatame Armbar. Can anyone stop Maeda at this rate?

Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory) vs. Badd Company

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/j/johntatum/04.jpgWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn Bell80s wrestlers (@80swrestlers) / Twitter

The newly dubbed Coast 2 Coast have become unlikely fan favorites in PCW,  and have picked up a fair amount of momentum since leaving the Knights Templar. They were facing the former Golden State Tag Team Champions, and Badd Company gave an incredible challenge to Tatum and Victory, with many near falls for both teams. The end came when Tanaka ducked under a clothesline from Tatum, only to run into a big boot to the face from Victory, with gave the win to Coast 2 Coast. It looks like leaving the influence of Mr. Bob Backlund has proved to be just the motivation that Coast 2 Coast needed.

Konnan vs. Sid Vicious

Konnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, LuchadorThe Match #10: Psycho Sid Vs. Jinder Mahal In GNW '08 – Wrestling Recaps

When Konnan took the mask from Lord Humongous and revealed him to be Sid Vicious, that would have signaled the end of the feud. Think again, as these two have kept going after each other, costing each other matches and cranking up the hatred. This one fell apart early on, with the two tearing into each other and paying no heed to the ref, who struggled in vain to get some semblance of order in the match. Ultimately, the ref had no choice but to call for a no contest. Even that wasn't enough to put a stop to their brawling, and Maxx Payne and Ron Simmons had to come out to separate their comrades. This is an inferno that is showing no signs of subsiding.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, out of nowhere, my next guest have become one of the most controversial groups in Pacific Coast Wrestling … the Wild Things!

Art Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingMick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestlingsabu wrestler,Free delivery,OFF66%,welcome to buy!

The crowd reaction is curiously mixed as Art Barr, Cactus Jack, Eddie Guerrero and Sabu head to the ring. There are a fair number of boos, and some people just don't know what to make of them. But there is a small but vocal contingent of cheers from fans who relate to their rebellious attitude.

Bonnema : Art Barr, I don't know which is more shocking, you turning your back on the Army or you teaming up with your sworn enemy, Eddie Guerrero.

Barr : The time had come for the Army and I to part ways. I learned a lot but my growth was stifled. It is only now that I have left them that I can become the wrestler I am meant to be. As for Eddie here … well, he and I are a lot alike. Both from wrestling families, both starting out in our careers. A lot of the same moves and attitudes. I'll admit it, I was jealous. I wanted the spotlight all to myself. We kept going after each other, sometimes he would win, sometimes I would win. I was determined to run him out of PCW. When we had the cage match, I finally got the big pinfall with the Frog Splash from the top of the cage. But that was not enough. I was going to destroy him, so I would never have to see his face again. I kept hitting him after the end of the match. But that was never going to do it. I looked in his eyes and I saw he wasn't going to quit. I could pin him, but I was never, ever going to beat him. I realized I didn't want to destroy him anymore, I wanted him on my side. So I talked it over with him a week later and we came to an understanding. We would join together as the Wild Things!

Guerrero : That's right! I was always going to be the little brother as long as I kept teaming with my family. They saw me as the baby of the family, someone who had to be coddled and protected. They were keeping me from proving myself. But this man showed me respect. He never held back, never went easy on me. He saw how tough I was and not once did he ever condescend to me. We were hell on wheels when we were opponents, but together, we will be unstoppable!

Cactus Jack : Same story with my man Sabu here. He was a part of an organization that had the gall to call themselves the Crazy Gang! He is a hundred times more crazy than they will  ever be. He is one of the few people who may even be more insane than I am. You know I have to respect that. The future is here! The future is now! It doesn't belong to a bunch of self righteous prigs like the Army or the Knights Templar. It doesn't belong to some snobbish elitists like the Pride, the Playboy Club, or the British Invasion. It belongs to us. Because Pacific Coast Wrestling … is where the Wild Things are!

Steven Regal vs. Ed Gantner

Columns - Online World of Wrestling http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/e/edgantner/02.jpg

For most of his tenure in PCW, Ed Gantner has stuck to tag teams with his Wild Bulls partner, his younger brother Rick. But with a pinfall to his credit over PCW TV Champ Tony St. Clair, Ed has been focusing lately on singles matches and gunning for a singles title shot. Tonight, he would face St. Clair's British Invasion ally Steven Regal, one half of British Steel. Regal put in a valiant effort, but ultimately, the size and aggression of Gantner was too much, and Ronnie P. Gossett's man was able to pin Regal after hitting the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face). It's only a matter of time before Gantner finds himself back in the ring with St. Clair.

Note : Guys, I recently tested positive for COVID and have been extremely low energy, so my writing has been lagging behind a bit. I am still committed to this game, but my output might be a bit staggered.

Billy Jack taps out Young on the road to Bockwinkel.

Maeda continues his roll with a submission win over the General.

Coast 2 Coast score a big win over former champions.

Konnan & Sid are heading towards an explosive blow-off.

Barr & Eddie tell a believable tail of earning each other's respect while Cactus just about runs down every other group in PCW while promising that PCW belongs to the Wild Things.

Ganter K.O's Regal sending a clear message to St Clair.

Hope you feel better soon.