Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are now only a couple of weeks away from PCW's big, extra length New Years Day Special. There has been a lot of buzz and anticipation as to this show. We can now reveal some of what will be taking place on this special. It will be crammed full of debuts of many exciting new talents. There will also be an interview with the Brigade and a special appearance from former Pacific Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel. But the biggest announcement will be the double main event :

California & Submission Title Match : Bob Backlund (c) vs. A mystery member of the Brigade

and

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Curt Hennig (c) vs. Bret Hart

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific Wrestling New Years Day Special from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, January 1st

The Gold Exchange (Todd Morton & Jerry Lynn) vs. Dirk Been & BB Andersen

Todd Morton shares his thoughts after July 20th - YouTubeHelp Wanted! Job Opportunities: Jerry Lynn | Ring the Damn Bell

There was a buzz among the fans before the match about rumours that seemed unthinkable but proved to be true : Leo Burke was now gone from both the Army and PCW. It was Dan Severn who had assumed command and accompanied the new duo. With the departure of Shane Douglas signaling the end of Black Gold, the Army seems to be reentering the tag team ranks by bringing back the Gold Exchange, with Todd Morton joining forces with Jerry Lynn, a gifted young rookie from Minnesota. They displayed great promise as they ran circles around Been and Andersen, dazzling the fans with their high speed offense. Severn watched with pride as they hit the Gold Rush (a Schoolboy Trip by Morton assisting a running crossbody press by Lynn) on Andersen for the win. The new age of the PCW tag team division starts here.

Dan Severn , Doug Furnas & Steve Blackman vs. Joe Malenko, Dean Malenko & Mystery Partner

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.comDoug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaWWE cult hero Steve Blackman unrecognizable as former star makes rare  public appearance alongside the Hardy Boys | The US SunThe Malenko Brothers – Online World of Wrestling

Dan Severn made his second appearance of the evening to join up with his Army comrades for this match, just as keen as everyone else to see what the Pride had in store for them. The Malenkos were uncharacteristically smirking as they walked to the ring, and Gary Hart gave all the impression that he had an ace up his sleeve.

Hart : As you can see, there's a few people missing from the Pride. Danny Boy there sent Maeda back to Japan, and my man Hito has taken a much deserved retirement. But don't start smiling yet, Mister So-Called Beast Severn. I've never seen a Beast that was any match for an Animal! So feast your eyes, Beast, on … "The Animal" Gary Albright!

Gary Albright (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

The crowd is at first curious, then a gasp goes up. Albright is  a huge, mean looking man in a University Of Nebraska singlet. The Army look at each other in concern, not really sure what to make of this behemoth. At first, he stayed on the apron while the Malenkos got to it. But once he tagged into the match, he showed what he was capable of. Blackman tried to lock up with him and got tossed around like a rag doll. Furnas attempted a couple of clotheslines, but even his considerable strength could not budge the Animal. Severn made the most impact, his well honed instincts being able to lure Albright into some painful looking arm wringers. But the Animal was able to shake it off and come back with a jarring takedown, forcing Severn to tag Blackman back in. Blackman struggled to make a dent in Albright, who flattened him with several suplexes, including a gut wrench suplex that got the pinfall. Albright was looking right at Severn when the ref raised his hand in victory, but the Beast didn't blink and met his gaze. The Pride have definitely reestablished themselves as a force to be reckoned with.

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. Jeff Varner & Carl Bilancione

Well That Didn't work: The Patriot | Ring the Damn BellProWresBlog: All Japan Pro Wrestling 2/25/1993 - Kenta Kobashi and Tsuyoshi  Kikuchi vs The Patriot and The Eagle

The next new team to debut in PCW were the Force Of July, hailing from Washington, DC. Two muscular masked men, they amiably shook hands and high fived the fans as they headed out to the ring. The young team showed a clear sureness once the match got underway, easily dominating their opponents. The Patriot was the power man , slamming and tossing his opponents with ease, while the Eagle hit some precision dropkicks that knocked the opposition to the mat. The end came when Eagle Irish Whipped Varner into the Patriot Missile (top rope flying clothesline). A convincing win for this exciting new team.

Interview : Don Coss stands in the ring

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests had a banner year in 1987 … the Brigade!

The fans cheer as Curt Hennig and Barry Windham make their way to the ring. Hennig has the Pacific Heavyweight Title Belt around his waist and both men cheerfully slap palms with the crowd before they join Don Coss.

image.jpeg.9d5c43ae302c17d97bb749100c4c91a0.jpegThe Significance Of The Black Glove Gifted To Shawn Spears

Coss : Curt Hennig, may I once again congratulate you on winning the Pacific Heavyweight Title?

Hennig : Sure thing, Don. There is a long list of tough challengers up ahead, I certainly have my work cut out for me. But I am looking forward to showing just what I can do as champ in 1988.

Windham : You bet, Curt. Curt here is the champ, we have something special lined up for Bob Backlund later, and I have a few surprises planned of my own. (Hennig gives him a puzzled look but shrugs)

Coss : You say you have something special lined up. Could this be a new member of the Brigade?

Windham : All in good time, Don, but you are on the right track. As you can see, two of us doesn't make for much of a Brigade. With Konnan and Ron Simmons taking on new challenges, we have some room in our ranks to fill. And we decided to keep things in the family. My old mentor Dusty Rhodes has done a lot for me in my career, and we are more than happy to help him out by giving his son a place in our ranks. He's an incredible talent who is destined for great things … "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes!

Dustin Rhodes--CWA/USWA Memphis Wrestling in the '80s. | Wrestling, The  past, Olds

The crowd is excited to see the son of the American Dream make his first appearance in PCW. The lanky Texan amiably spends time with the fans before joining his new comrades in the Brigade.

Hennig : But it doesn't stop there. Our good friend Al Perez has been doing great things in the AWA, but asked us if we could lend a hand to his younger brother who is just getting started in wrestling. He's a fine young talent and we were more than happy to make a place for him in the Brigade. And I am sure the girls in the audience will be pleased to see him … "The Ladies Man" Lou Perez!

Lou Perez – Online World of Wrestling

True to form, there is a squeal from the women in the audience as the handsome Latino walked down the aisle, giving a kiss to a few of the lucky girls.

Windham : Make no mistake about it, Coss. 1986 was the year the Brigade breaks out and 1987 was the year the Brigade takes over. In 1988 , the Brigade is set to explode!

The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Reno Riggins) vs. Silas Gaither & Clarence Black

تويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"Reno Riggins – Online World of Wrestling

With their multicolored gear, sunglasses, and cocksure grins , the Sin City Superstars were quite the sight to behold. With Scotty The Body hailing from Atlantic City , New Jersey, and Reno Riggins from Reno, Nevada, they were looking to carry a winning legacy in PCW. They certainly didn't win over the referee, with whom they engaged in constant misdirection and arguing while the other one would sneak in cheap shots on their opponents. Regardless of whether or not anyone liked them, their tactics were effective, and when Scotty knocked Black off the ring apron, Gaither was easy pretty for Riggins to execute the Reno-Plex (slingshot suplex) and get the win. With the tag team ranks in PCW becoming even more competitive, the Sin City Superstars have certainly gotten off to an impressive start.

?? ?? vs. Brandon Quinton

While Quinton waited in the ring, the first people out were Cactus Jack, Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero. Cactus immediately demanded the ringside microphone.

Cactus : Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water …. The Wild Things are getting even wilder! We've found somebody who was wild enough, deranged enough, and out and out crazy enough to hang with us. The Wild Things are welcoming our first Canadian member, from Winnipeg , Manitoba … Cyrus The Virus!

THE JACKYL / DON CALLIS WRESTLER 8 X 10 WRESTLING PHOTO WWF | eBay

The Canadian fans weren't really sure what to make of Cyrus as he slowly walked out to the ring . Dressed in a leather jacket and dark glasses with all black ring gear, he certainly bore a sinister appearance and when he took off his glasses, the look in his eyes was unnerving to say the least. The moment the bell rang, he sprang into action and tore apart the unwary Quinton. His offense was savage indeed, and swiftly pinned him after a Frog Splash, as Barr and Guerrero nodded approvingly from ringside. His new comrades joined him in the ring afterwards to congratulate him on his convincing victory. The Wild Bunch look to be taking no prisoners in 1988, and with Cyrus The Virus on their side, who is going to deny them?

The Holly Cousins vs. Peter Harkey & Hunter Ellis

Pin on WWF..back in the day 

It was back to the tag teams as "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley played over the arena PA, signalling the arrival to the Pacific Coast of Bob and Crash Holly. These two brash Alabama cousins teamed like they had known each other their whole lives (which, presumably, they had), fluidly tagging in and out and peppering their opponents with double team moves. Although they were both light heavyweights, they made up for their smaller stature with extra doses of viciousness in every move they hit, with Bob seeming to knock Harkey unconscious with a spinning Alabama Slam. One three count later and the two boisterous cousins had scored their first victory in PCW.

Brian Lee vs. Gabriel Cade

Wrestling With Sin: Route 66 | Ring the Damn Bell

There was a lot of anticipation among the fans going into this match, as there had been advance buzz that "Bulldozer" Brian Lee was a talent to watch out for. The big man from Odessa, Florida gladly slapped palms with the fans on his way in to the sound of "Back In The Saddle" by Aerosmith , but once he got in the ring, he loomed over young Cade. He easily dominated Cade, tossing him from pillar to post before finishing him off with the Prime Time Slam (Chokeslam) for the win. Of all of the newcomers arriving PCW, thus far Lee's victory was the most convincing.

California & Submission Title Match : Bob Backlund  vs. Mystery Opponent

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV Tropes 

The anticipation among the fans was cranked up even higher for this match, as they were eager to find out who would be the challenger for the dual titles. Backlund came out as sour faced as ever, with him stationing Jim Neidhart, Chris Candido and Louie Spicolli outside the ring. Curt Hennig, Dustin Rhodes and Lou Perez were out next, all with please looks on their faces. Hennig asked for the ringside microphone.

Hennig : Well, we promised that we had something special lined up. We've been working on this for a long time, trying to bring someone back into the fold. Well, we are happy to announce that an old friend is coming back to the Brigade. Coming back to us from Chuluota, Florida … "Gator" Scott Hall!

Throwback to when Scott Hall had one of the greatest mustaches in all of  pro wrestling. We're all rooting for you, chico! : r/SquaredCircle

The fans explode into cheers of excitement as big Scott Hall runs out to the ring. Backlund and the Knights were livid , but Backlund quickly got his men under control and ordered them to observe the match. With both the Knights Templar and the Brigade at ringside, the ref had to lay down the law early on and threaten them with suspension if there were even a hint of  interference. Hall and Backlund then got down to it. Hall managed to get the better of Backlund on a few tests of strength, but the champ was certainly no lightweight, and managed to use his skill and leverage to gain an advantage over Hall. Hall toughed it out and started hitting some big power moves that did some damage. Backlund in turn showed his incredible technical ability to battle back, including some high impact hip tosses. The tension increased until Backlund took Hall down with a body slam, then tried to procure the Chicken Wing. Quick as a flash, Hall wrapped Backlund in a small package. Backlund tried to escape, but Hall had him cinched in with his massive arms. One … two … THREE!!!! The crowd and the Brigade exploded in cheers while the Knights were in shock. Hall had done it. In his first match back, he had won the California Title. Backlund was throwing a temper tantrum, protesting the result, but there was nothing he could do. Hall held the title belt proudly above his head while Hennig, Rhodes and Perez congratulated him.

The Bruise Brothers vs. John Raymond & Jed Hildebrand

Happy Birthday to Ron and Don Harris! | Pro Wrestling Universe Amino

After the excitement of the Title Change, there was another debut. Ron & Don Harris, identical twin brothers going by the Bruise Brothers, came storming  out and immediately attacked Raymond and Hildebrand. Showing their team name was no joke, these two bruisers whipped their opponents from pillar post, tossing them about like they were paper dolls. One of the two brothers (Don? I don't know) tossed Hildebrand out of the ring while the other hit a running Bombs Away Kneedrop on Raymond and got the pinfall. The PCW Tag Team scene is getting crowded, but the Harris Boys have already made a head start on carving a path for themselves.

Brian Christopher vs. Robb Zbacnik

Remembering Brian Christopher... - Classic Memphis Wrestling | Facebook

The next wrestler to make his debut was quite a character. Although he was quite young, he wore flashy gear and strutted out to the ring with a gregarious sureness . He was incredibly eager to get the match started, tearing out of the blocks the moment the bell rang. While the bigger Zbacnik gave a bit of a hard time, Christopher ultimately prevailed, taking him down with a dropkick before hitting a Full Nelson Facebuster for the win. Whatever else you might say about Christopher, you certainly can't fault his enthusiasm.

The Hollywood Vampires (The Vampire Warrior & "Gravedigger" Jimmie Lee) vs. Brook Geraghty & John Palyok

David Heath (Wrestling) - TV Tropes image.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpeg

Possibly the most bizarre debut came in the form of the Hollywood Vampires. Led to the ring by Paul Bearer and apparently the newest members of the Neighborhood Of Evil, they presented an impressive if terrifying sight. The Gravedigger was a brawny bearded bruiser who carried a shovel hoisted over his shoulder. The Vampire Warrior was a husky blonde haired gent in a white shirt and black pants who carried a goblet filled with a viscous red liquid. As he drank from it, it dribbled down his chin, and he then grinned to the camera, revealing a pair of sharp fangs. The moment the bell rang, they proved to be as unspeakably violent as their name would imply. They savagely brutalized Geraghty and Palyok until Lee put Palyok out of his misery with the Spinal Grinder (an incredibly violent spinebuster slam). It didn't seem possible, but the Neighborhood Of Evil has gotten even scarier.

The Cheetah Kid vs. Ryan Aiken

Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "The late Ted Petty(the future Rocco Rock)  as the masked Cheetah Kid,circa-1990.Cheetah Kid was one of the best  high-flyers on the independent circuit for years before finding 

The final debut for the night was perhaps the most mysterious, the masked man known as the Cheetah Kid. With his distinctive jungle cat styled mask and ring gear, he stealthily made his way to the ring to confront Aiken. Based on his look, one would have expected a lot of fast paced , high flying moves, which were certainly delivered. But he also brought a surprising degree of hard hitting toughness with some blistering punches in the ring, as well as a high angle backdrop on Aiken that sent him crashing to the mat. Cheetah Kid polished off Aiken to finish the match in convincing fashion, and the fans were fascinated by this intriguing new addition to the ranks of PCW.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest needs no introduction … former Pacific Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel!

Daily Pro Wrestling History (11/08): Nick Bockwinkel wins his first AWA  World title - WON/F4W - WWE news, Pro Wrestling News, WWE Results, AEW  News, AEW results

Even though he couldn't really be called a fan favorite, the fans still cheered warmly and applauded him as he walked out to the ring. Nick was looking relaxed, dressed in a golf shirt and tan slacks, and had his usual look of self satisfaction on his face.

Coss : Well, Nick, always an honor to have you with us. My understanding is that you have a big announcement for us.

Bockwinkel : Indeed I do, Coss. When I first arrived in Pacific Coast Wrestling, I told everyone what my goal was. I had achieved everything in wrestling that could be imagined, and I had done it around the world. I wanted to come back close to where I started and have one more great run. Like with everything else, I achieved my goal. I won the Pacific Heavyweight Title, and I dare say that I was the greatest champion you have been privileged to see. But now that run has ended, and I find myself at the end of the road. It has been an incredible journey, but everything must end sooner or later. I have decided to go out on top and retire.

The crowd gasps and Coss looks shocked.

Coss : My word, Nick, that is a bombshell! Well, it has certainly been an incredible career for you. What do you have planned for the next chapter of your life?

Bockwinkel : Well, I have enjoyed my time here on the west coast, it is time once again to move on. I spent much of my career in the Midwest, and that is where I will be returning. I figure you people have been blessed with my presence as much as you deserve, and it is now time for the fans in the Windy City to benefit from the same experience. But I will say this. I never needed the love of the fans. I fought for myself, for my own prestige and my own bankbook. But even if the fans in PCW never loved me, they always respected me. They showed respect for my abilities, for my accomplishments, and for every ounce of sweat I put into my matches. When I went out to the ring, I knew that my efforts would be appreciated. I wanted to go out on a high note, and the PCW fans helped make that possible. For that, I thank you. Pacific Coast Wrestling, I will never forget you!

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Curt Hennig  vs. Bret Hart

image.jpeg.9d5c43ae302c17d97bb749100c4c91a0.jpeg Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark Theatre

On this day last year, Bret Hart challenged Barry Windham for the Pacific Heavyweight Title in a classic that was considered to be Hart's breakout match as a singles wrestler. This time, he would once again challenge for the Pacific Title, this time against another fellow second generation wrestler in Curt Hennig and this time as Pacific Television Champion. Hennig came out accompanied by fellow brigade members Dustin Rhodes and Lou Perez, while Hart was joined by his brother Owen and Brian Pillman. After a long evening of wrestling, the fans were eager to get things started and so were the wrestlers, so they got right down to business. Both men were keen to prove themselves, and set a wicked pace throughout the match. Hart wrestled a clean match but was very aggressive, determined that this would be the day he finally won the big prize. Hennig was equally intense, hitting some sensational dropkicks to keep some distance between him and Hart. The two kept ratcheting up the tension, with near fall following near fall. Hart looked to set Hennig up for the Sharpshooter with a Russian Legsweep. But Hennig blocked it and was able to hit the Hennig-Plex and finally hold Hart's shoulders to the mat for the three count. Hart held up Hennig's arm in victory and the fans applauded to cap off an amazing evening of wrestling.

Mystery Team vs. Joel Klug & Kel Gleason

With a number of mystery slots on tonight's card, there was a lot of buzz among the fans as to who this team would be. The first person out was Ronnie P. Gossett, but any thoughts that it would be the Wild Bulls were dispelled by the fact that Rick Gantner came out without his brother Ed. Rick was not dressed to wrestle, nor was Curtis Hughes, who was wearing a shirt and tie, suit jacket and slacks, dark glasses, and a derby hat. Gossett immediately demanded the ringside microphone.

Gossett : If you idiots could just shut up for a second, you are going to be lucky enough to see history in the making! (The fans just boo louder) First things first, my boy Rick here has something important to say.

Rick : Thanks , Ronnie. As you can see, my big brother Ed isn't here today. For the past few months, Ed has been having some health issues. He was finding harder to keep up in the ring. If you know what a top level athlete Ed was, you know how much that means. There's no way that punk Bret Hart could have beat him for the Television Title if he hadn't had those problems. He saw a bunch of doctors, and they dropped the hammer. There was no way he could keep going as a wrestler, and has had to retire. (There are gasps of disappointment from the fans, especially from the Bullpen. Even though he never courted their favor, Ed Gantner was always an impressive and exciting competitor.) When he told me that he wasn't going to be able to wrestle anymore, I almost gave up myself. If I couldn't be wrestling side by side with my brother, I didn't see the point. But Ed talked me out of it. He said I had it in me to be great on my own, I just had to believe in myself. But I was going to have to do it on my own. He told me that I had to make my own name for myself, outside of his shadow. Ed is the best big brother in the world, and the greatest guy I've ever known. So I am going to make my own name, but I am still going to honor the Big Bull. From now on, you can call me … BULL PAIN!

Gossett : You got it, Bull, that's going to be a name the PCW is going to fear! And my man, Mr. Hughes is going to carve his path through PCW as well. But that's not the end of it. Gossett Enterprises also has its eyes on the Tag Team Titles. So you morons can count yourselves privileged to witness the debut of the tag team of the future … Wayne "The Train" Bloom and "Mean" Mike Enos, the Destruction Crew.

Destruction Crew | Pro wrestling, Wrestling wwe, Wrestling superstars

Bloom and Enos then confidently strode to the ring. They were handsome and powerfully built blond men who wore orange and black tights and vests with construction helmets, each carrying sledgehammers slung over their shoulders. They proceeded to make short work of Klug and Gleason, devastating them with power moves before finishing them off with the Wrecking Ball on Gleason. He may be a shifty individual, but Gossett is certainly a man of his word with regards to his intentions on Gossett Enterprises moving up in the ranks of Pacific Coast Wrestling.

The Suicide Blondes (Chris Candido & Louie Spicolli) vs. Mitchell Olson & Bob Johnson

After the Gold Exchange, this is the second of Todd Morton's tag teams to be revived tonight, this time without Morton. With Candido now in a new team, it looks like Al Snow is officially done with the Knights Templar, and with him, the Bomb Squad. Candido's new partner Spicolli was a brawny individual who tossed Johnson around the ring. Their mentor Mr. Bob Backlund watched from ringside with stern approval as they easily dispatched their opponents, executing the Neutron Blonde on Johnson ( Samoan Drop by Spicolli, followed by a flying legdrop by Candido ). After the ups and downs of 1987, it looks like the Knights Templar are ready to carry their crusade into 1988.

I don't know why, but the last two matches were generating some sort of grief and not letting me post them, saying something about having a special character that couldn't be posted. They belong near the middle of the show. Sorry about the sloppy formatting that resulted. Hope you don't mind me getting these up a day early, I am in the strange position of having nothing to do New Years Eve but very busy New Years Day.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , January 2nd

Dustin Rhodes vs. Al Snow

In his first match in Pacific Coast Wrestling, Rhodes faced the always game Al Snow. Snow gave him a lot to handle but Rhodes was ultimately able to put him down with a running Bulldog Headlock.

Steve Blackman vs. Gary Albright

This would be the second time this weekend that Blackman would square off with the Animal, and was determined to make a better showing of it. Blackman threw everything at it but the kitchen sink, but Albright just shrugged it off like it was a nuisance. Albright then folded him up with a series of suplexes, and this time, forced him to submit to a Dragon Sleeper. It looks like the Animal is a threat on a number of levels.

Lou Perez vs. Cactus Jack

The Ladies Man Lou Perez made his in ring debut against the always unconventional Cactus Jack. Perez showed a poise similar to his big brother in the face of Cactus' frenzied attack and pinned the man from Truth Or Consequences following a helicopter slam.

Buddy Rose vs. Owen Hart

Looking to reassert himself as still relevant in the rapidly changing roster of PCW, the Playboy used a variety of dirty tricks from his well thumbed book against the younger of the two Hart Brothers. But when he whipped Owen hard into the corner, Hart raced up the ropes and came off the top with a Moonsault Body Press . The ref counted three and the fans were jubilant. Rose protested the decision, but it was a pretty clear cut victory for Owen.

Doug Furnas & The Gold Exchange (Todd Morton & Jerry Lynn) vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers, Angel Acevedo & Buzz Sawyer

The brand new Gold Exchange team, along with their Army comrade Furnas, put in a good showing against the Diamond Exchange, with Lynn proving especially scrappy. In the end, the Exchange showed how they ruled Vancouver with an iron fist, with Flowers pinning Lynn after a Piledriver.

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) & Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Art Barr, Eddie Guerrero & Cyrus The Virus

Ouellet signed on for this match hoping for another crack at Cactus Jack, but was happy to have a shot at any of the Wild Things. This was a crazed and furious match, with Cyrus The Virus, the newest member of the Wild Things, providing an especially unstable element. It was Barr hitting an ambush from behind on Brookside that spelled the difference, setting the Englishman up for an over the shoulder neckbreaker by Guerrero that gave the match to the Wild Things.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Curt Hennig © vs. Maxx Payne

After the long technical battle with Bret Hart the night before, Hennig faced a completely different challenge in the big and terrifying Maxx Payne. Payne battered and bruised Hennig, who had to use his considerable speed and skill to try to ward off the damage. It seemed to be a battle of the Hennig-Plex and the Payne Threshold (front layout suplex), with both men doing their best to avoid each other's move. It looked to be another triumph for Hennig as he managed to get Payne set up for the Hennig-Plex. He never got a chance to execute it, as the Hollywood Vampires rushed in and attacked him. The ref called for the DQ as Payne and the Vampires triple teamed Hennig until Dustin Rhodes and Lou Perez came out with chairs to clear the ring. As the Neighborhood Of Evil stood outside the ring, they were joined by the Undertaker, who glared at the Brigade before leading his men back to the locker room. Once order was restored, PCW Commissioner Dutch Savage got on the ringside microphone and announced that he had ordered a special main event for the next Pacific Wrestling Showcase, which would be Curt Hennig , Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, and Lou Perez against The Undertaker, Maxx Payne, and the Hollywood Vampires.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, January 3rd

The Cheetah Kid vs. Cyrus The Virus

This battle between two of the new Light Heavyweights in PCW was a much more bare knuckled affair than Light Heavyweight matches usually are. Cheetah Kid was finally able to put a stop to the young upstart with a Power Bomb, but Cyrus put up an incredible fight.

Brian Pillman vs. Jim Neidhart

Speaking the Light Heavyweight division, the Light Heavyweight champ Brian Pillman would face the big Anvil of the Knights Templar in a non-title match. Pillman took risks to try and get Neidhart down , but it wound up costing him when he went for a cross body press that Neidhart reversed into a power slam for the win.

The Southern Boys vs. The Holly Cousins

The feisty young team of the Holly Cousins had a fast paced match with the Southern Boys and gave them plenty to handle before Smothers was able to hit the Jawjacker on Crash Holly to score the pinfall.

Brian Christopher vs. Bull Pain

Although he was at a considerable size and power disadvantage, Christopher gave a good accounting of himself before going down to the Hangman's Drop (two handed chokeslam).

Tony St. Clair vs. "The Cuban Assassin" Angel Acevedo

"Tough" Tony had a knock down , drag out fight with the double tough enforcer of the Diamond Exchange. St. Clair managed to fight off efforts to get him in the DDT and hit the spinning forearm smash to pull out the victory.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory) © vs. The Midnight Express

The evening finished off with a thrilling tag team match where the popular new champs weathered out the storm of the Midnights' offense to successfully defend their titles with Victory folding up Lane with the Victory-Plex.

Great job introducing us to the many new stars of PCW.  Albright seems ready to star from day 1.  Also, like Rhodes and Perez joining Hennig and Windham.  Seems very natural.

The Playboy might be finding out he doesn't run PCW anymore but I would never count him out.  

Big win for Scott Hall... Backlund might be a bit grumpy as we head into 88.  

A successful debut for Jerry Lynn. He stands to learn a lot from Morton.

The Animal makes a fierce first impression in his first match as a member of the Pride.

The Force of July win one for Murica.

The Brigade is bulstered by the arrival of The Natural and the Ladies Man.

Scotty and Reno get their first win Sin City style.

Cyrus makes a great fit for the Wild Things.

The Holly's are here to make PCW hardcore!

Brian Lee proves just how ready for prime time he is.

The Two Belt Backlund era is over thanks to a returning Scott Hall.

Big Ron & Heavy D arrive with a bang.

Brian Christopher shows the skills needed to one day become Grand Master.

I had a feeling The Hollywood Vampires might end up with Paul.

The Cheetah Kid captures his first prey.

Bockwinkel delivers easily the most arrogant retirement speech I've ever heard. I don't think anyone expected anything less.

Hennig and Hart have an absolute classic to properly usher in 1988.

The Destruction Crew certainly live up to their debut. Surprisingly touching arrival for Bull Pain.

Spicoli makes a fine partner for Candido. As long as he listens to Mr Backlund.

On to Vancouver.

Dustin makes his father proud by winning his first match.

Albright goes 2-0 against the Army.

Perez wins a beauty and the beast match against Cactus.

Owen scores a major win over the Playboy.

In the battle of Exchanges, Diamonds prove more valuable than gold.

Wild Things use the chaos to their advantage in the six man tag.

Payne launches an all-out assault to capture the Pacific Heavyweight Title but it's not enough. Looking forward to a Brigade/Neighborhood of Evil feud.

Finally Kelowna.

Cheetah Kid pounces on Cyrus.

Neidhart causes a crash landing Air Pillman.

The Southern Boys win what I'm sure was a good ol'fashioned country fight with the Holly's.

Bull brings the Pain to Christopher.

St Clair avoids the killing blow from the Cuban Assassin.

Coast 2 Coast fend off the Midnights to hold onto the tag titles.

PCW is back with a vengeance! 

Morton has found a good partner in Lynn.

Damn! Albright debuts in dominating fashion! 

Love the Force of July! Expecting big things from them. 

Brigade rebuilds with the addition of Rhodes and Perez. Great fits. 

Sin City Superstars have a rock'n look and back it up in the ring. 

Cyrus makes his presence known right off the bat. Pretty cool vibes. 

No way the Holly's would lose after coming out to 'Suspicious Minds' 

Brian Lee is going to bulldozer the competition. 

WOW! Hall returns and immediately takes Backlund down for the title! Yea, he's over. 

PCW's version of the Bruise Brothers debut with a brutalizing win. 

Looking forward to watching Christopher develop here.

Vampires and Bearer, a perfect combo.

Cheetah Kid adds even more excitement to the LHW division. 

Bock equals class. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed his final run here. You did him right.

You're going to get a classic with Hennig and Hart, no matter what. Hennig's reign is going to be magic. 

Great speech by the now known Bull Pain. I always had a soft spot for the Destruction Crew. Glad they get to develop here. 

Candido and Spicoli. Those are some great names. They're meant for each other. 

Vancouver,

Young Dustin is on his way.

Albright's legit! 

Beating Jack is a great confidence booster for Perez. I'm sure Al's happy for him. 

Owen upsets the Playboy. With times changing in PCW, I'm really curious on how Rose will adapt.

The Diamond Exchange send a strong message to other factions. 

When things get out of control, the Wild Things have the advantage. 

Ok, I'm all in on a Brigade/NOE program! 

Kelowna,

Cheetah and Cyrus kick things off with a banger.

Awesome finish by Anvil. 

Southern Boys show the Hollys how the tag competition is here in PCW. 

Bull brings Christopher the pain. 

My man St. Clair pulls it out against the always tough Cuban Assassin.

Nothing like an exciting tag match to end the night. Coast to Coast and the Midnights deliver. 

1988 is going to be electric! 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, January 6th

Al Snow vs. Daniel Lue

Leif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell 

1987 finished for Al Snow with him walking out on both the Bomb Squad and the Knights Templar as a whole. Tonight he stood alone, and the fans seemed to like him all the better for it. Free of the shackles of Mr. Bob Backlund's control, Snow was able to show what a gifted technical wrestler he was, easily dominating Lue on the way to a victory via the Snow Bomb. Snow seemed a much happier man, soaking up the fans cheers as his arm was raised in triumph. That said, he will likely need to keep one eye looking over his shoulder now that he is on his own.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are one of the many new teams in PCW … the Sin City Superstars!

تويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"Reno Riggins – Online World of Wrestling

Although they may be new, the Superstars have certainly not wasted any time in rubbing the fans the wrong way. Scotty The Body and Reno Riggins were greeted with boos as the strutted their way to the ring.

Coss : Scotty the Body, Reno Riggins, you certainly have a lot of confidence for a team that has only had one match so far.

Scotty : Why shouldn't we be confident? There are a lot of teams in PCW, but none of them have what we have. Do they have our good looks? Our fit bodies? Our considerable talent? Our equally considerable charm? Face it, this is the team that has it all!

Coss : But with an attitude like that, you are going to be making a lot of enemies. Have you considered …

Coss is cut off by the arena PA playing "Smooth Operator" by Sade. "Playboy" Buddy Rose, acting as always like God's Gift, makes his way out to the ring.

image.jpeg.1fe511b9555a882f12fbacf5e2a5c6be.jpeg

Rose : Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen! This is your lucky day! As it so happens, I am about to offer you the opportunity of a lifetime. It so happens that the Playboy Club is in a period of restructuring. Khan, Angel Of Death, good men, fine strapping lads but they were eating me out of house and home. I can tell that you guys keep to a lean and healthy diet and lifestyle like I do. (Scotty and Riggins glance at each other and barely suppress grins.) Not only does their departure leave space in the ranks of the Club, but with the money I saved from the sale of their contracts, I was able to get an extra large hot tub for the Playboy Manor. Big enough for all of us as well as several, shall we say, guests! Because I sense that you are men like myself. You are from Reno and Atlantic City … I am a Vegas man myself. We all appreciate the fast life and finer things. Accept my offer, you will get all of the benefits of the Playboy Club, including the gift of my leadership, wisdom and guidance. What do you say?

Scotty and Reno look at each other and nod in unison.

Riggins : Mr. Rose … you're on!

The Destruction Crew vs. Roger Sexton & Ryan Shoulders

Destruction Crew | Pro wrestling, Wrestling wwe, Wrestling superstars

Before the match, Ronnie P. Gossett got on the ringside microphone and pompously declared his young duo "The Tag Team Of The Future." The moment the bell rang, the Destruction Crew got right down to it and showed that their name was not hyperbole. Enos and Bloom made short work of Sexton and Shoulders, tossing them from pillar to post before finishing Sexton off with the Wrecking Ball. They may be new to PCW, but the Wrecking Crew are certainly gaining a reputation as a force to be reckoned with.

Brian Lee vs. Cactus Jack

Wrestling With Sin: Route 66 | Ring the Damn BellMick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

Last week, the young Bulldozer turned a lot of heads with his debut match. Tonight, he would undergo a real trial by fire against the leader of the Wild Things. While many wrestlers have been thrown off their game when faced with Cactus and his off beat ways, Lee seemed to relish it, showing himself more than willing to throw down with the man from Truth Or Consequences. No matter what they did to each other, both man kept bouncing back until Lee flattened Cactus with a diving clothesline that put him down for the three count. Cactus still had his deranged grin as he got up after the match, but Lee just gave it right back to him, and Cactus gave him a nod and a laugh as he left the ring. Not sure how I would feel about that kind of approval, but Lee certainly is making an impression on all sides.

Gary Albright vs. Shawn Cohen

Gary Albright (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

If Albright was dominant in his debut against the Army last week, he was out and out terrifying this week. Poor Cohen never stood a chance as Albright swiftly dismantled him with a series of devastating suplexes before forcing him to tap out to the Dragon Sleeper. Gary Hart was acting like the proverbial cat that ate the canary at the Animal's incredibly one sided victory. His confidence in his man seems entirely justified, and Albright is certainly picking up momentum as an unstoppable force.

Steve Blackman vs. Bull Pain

WWE cult hero Steve Blackman unrecognizable as former star makes rare  public appearance alongside the Hardy Boys | The US SunBull Pain - Feel the Pain | wrestlingjunkies

Blackman was the unfortunate victim of Albright's wrath, not once but twice. He was hoping to get back on a better path tonight, but certainly had a rough road ahead of himself. The newly dubbed Bull Pain was not about to go easy on the East Coast native, laying in some heavy lefts and rights and taking a heavy toll on Blackman. Blackman fought back hard, hitting some stiff kicks, before finally going down to the Hangman's Drop (two handed chokeslam). Between losing his partner Shane Douglas and the losses to Albright, Blackman has taken some tough blows lately. Here's hoping he can find his footing soon.

Curt Hennig , Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, & Lou Perez vs. The Undertaker, Maxx Payne & The Hollywood Vampires (Jimmie Lee & The Vampire Warrior)

image.jpeg.9d5c43ae302c17d97bb749100c4c91a0.jpeg Happy Birthday to Barry Windham! | Pro Wrestling Universe AminoDustin Rhodes (Character) - Giant BombLou Perez – Online World of WrestlingHow old is The Undertaker, what is the WWE star's real name and will he  fight at WrestleMania 35? | The SunMaxx Payneimage.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpegDavid Heath (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

Last week in Vancouver,  Curt Hennig's title defense against Maxx Payne dissolved into chaos when the Undertaker and the Hollywood Vampires charged in for the attack. The resulting melee resulted in this match being signed, with the new look Brigade facing the rising Neighborhood Of Evil. Much of the action fell to the young guns, with Lee and Vampire Warrior battering Rhodes and Perez, but the Brigade coming back with verve and enthusiasm. Hennig fought when he could, but Windham seemed a bit lethargic, tagging in but only staying briefly in the match before tagging out again. Things got a bit chaotic late in the match, with all 8 men in the ring, but Hennig and Payne were the legal men. Hennig was able to stagger Payne with a dropkick then get him set up for the Hennig-Plex. But then he was clobbered from behind … by Barry Windham! Hennig's Brigade colleague ambushed him with a lariat to the back of the head, then started pummeling him. While the Neighborhood of Evil tossed Rhodes and Perez from the ring, Windham hoisted Hennig up on the top turnbuckle before bringing him down with a Superplex. Paul Bearer reached into his pocket and pulled out a black leather glove, which Windham put on his right hand before using it to apply the Clawhold to the prone Hennig. Finally, Scott Hall and Brian Lee rushed out and were able to break through and rescue Hennig, but a lot of damage had been done. Windham stood outside the ring surrounded by the laughing members of the Neighborhood of Evil, his black gloved hand raised in defiance. It looks like Windham had a sinister hidden meaning when he said that this would be the year that the Brigade explodes.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, January 7th

The Gold Exchange (Todd Morton & Jerry Lynn) vs. The Bruise Brothers

The Gold Exchange put in a game effort but were overpowered by the Bruise Brothers when, errr, one of the Harris Twins hit a Bombs Away Kneedrop on Lynn.

Doug Furnas vs. Bull Pain

A battle between two big hosses which went to Furnas following a mighty running lariat.

The Destruction Crew vs. The Southern Boys

After one of Ronnie P. Gossett's usual intros for "The Tag Team Of The Future", there followed a tense tag team duel that the Southern Boys won by DQ after Bloom and Enos attacked them with their sledgehammers.

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Curtis Hughes

These two had a knock down , drag out fight, where Ouellet came very close to pulling out the win before finally being pinned by the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee).

Owen Hart vs. Buddy Rose

Looking to avenge his loss from last week, Rose dug deep into his bag of dirty tricks to get any advantage he could over Owen. The youngest of the Hart Brothers was not faced, and took Rose down with a spinning back heel kick. He went up top for the Moonsault, but that was when the Sin City Superstars ran down to the ring. The ref immediately saw them and ordered them not to come into the ring, but this just provided a distraction while Buzz Sawyer came out from the other direction. He knocked Owen off the top tope, then hit a German Suplex on him before dashing out of the ring. Rose pulled himself over and covered Owen for a three count, getting the tainted victory.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Dean Malenko

After the foul play that marred the finish of the previous match, these two cleared the air with a classic light heavyweight showdown. The two thrilled the fans with a long match that finished when Dean went for a belly to back suplex, but Pillman flipped over Malenko's back and caught him in a Schoolboy Rollup and held his shoulders to the mat for the one two three.

California Title Match : Scott Hall © vs. Bob Backlund

With Hall no longer having the element of surprise on his side, Backlund was relentless in his battle to take back the title he once held, but Hall was able to overpower him and hit the Gator Breaker (fallaway slam) to be successful in his first title defense.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, January 8th

Brian Christopher vs. Cyrus The Virus

Two of the exciting young rookies of PCW had a fast paced bout that ended with Cyrus taking Christopher down with a roundhouse kick then hitting a Frog Splash for the win.

The Midnight Express vs. The Holly Cousins

Before the match, Jim Cornette got on the ringside microphone and introduced his men as "The tag team of the past, present, and future!" His men then had a barnburner of a match with the rambunctious young Holly Cousins, finally taming them by hitting the Veg-O-Matic on Bob.

Steve Blackman vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers

Blackman did his best against the leader of the Diamond Exchange, but Flowers showed his cunning by luring him into a knee shot to the midsection to set him up for a piledriver for the win.

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Jim Neidhart

Two of the strongest men in PCW faced off in an incredibly hard hitting affair that went to Billy Jack when he was able to get the Anvil up for the Shoulderbreaker and score the victory.

Brian Lee vs. Maxx Payne

The young Bulldozer put up an incredible fight but Payne was able to take him down with the Payne Threshold (side suplex).

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory) © vs. The Suicide Blondes (Chris Candido & Louie Spicolli )

The Knights Templar continued their crusade against their former members, throwing their newest team into the fray in attempt to pull the Tag Team Titles from Tatum and Victory. Coast 2 Coast showed by they were the champs by coming back from everything that the Blondes dished out and defended their belts with Tatum taking Spicolli down with a Superkick.

Pacific Television Title Match : Bret Hart © vs. Angel Acevedo

The Hitman and the Cuban Assassin are no strangers to each other, having had many matches back in the day in Calgary. The two had a tight and intense war that wound up going to Hart when he blocked an attempted DDT and countered with a Brainbuster to pull out the win.

First up Portland.

Snow may be in a better mood but he may want to try making some new friends. Lone wolves don't last too long in PCW.

Speaking of making friends, Rose makes himself a couple in the Sin City Superstars.

RPG is really hyping his new team and they're certainly giving him plenty of reason.

So The Bulldozer earns the approval of.... Cactus Jack? Anyone else getting nervous?

The Animal claims another victim.

Bull Pain is on a roll while Blackman is entertaining a bit of a rut.

Ok Windham turning on Hennig, I could see coming. But for it happening so soon & his joining the NoE? That caught me by surprise.

Portland night 2.

The Bruise Brothers just struck Gold! Loving the running gag where even the narration can't tell the Harris twins apart.

Furnas grabs the Bull by the horns.

The Destruction Crew may not have won the match but they still lay waste to the Southern Boys.

Mr Hughes wins a slugfest with PCO.

The Sin City Superstars waste no time earning their keep in the Playboy Club.

Brian Pillman vs Dean Malenko is a Light Heavyweight dream match.

Mr Backlund cashes his due rematch but he couldn't pry the California title from the Gator's jaws.

Finally Eugene.

Christopher gets infected by the Virus.

The Midnights get a solid win over the Holly's while Corny takes a potshot at RPG.

Blackman's drought continues against Flowers.

Billy Jack puts a dent in the Anvil.

Payne halts the path of the Bulldozer.

I imagine it's extra sweet for Coast 2 Coast whenever they retain over the Knights Templar.

The Hitman outshoots the Cuban Assassin to retain the TV title.

Really enjoying your new roster.  Some of the names are unfamiliar to me but through you descriptive writing, I am starting to figure it all out.  Also, really enjoyed your interview with Scotty and Reno and Playboy.  His line about fitness had me cracking up.

Steve Blackman might need some friends!  He has had a rough start to the year.

Would really have enjoyed The Anvil vs Billy Jack and Backlund and Hall!

Snow's all smiles now, but he might need some friends soon. 

Rose and the Sin City Superstars are made for each other. Rose always has a plan. 

Destruction Crew live up to RPG's intro. 

HMMMM, I wonder what's going through Cactus Jack's mind? 

Bull Pain continues Blackman's woes.

Albright's getting the big man push. Who can take this guy down? 

Windham's been dropping the hints and the turn happens. Windham as a heel will be dangerous, especially with Bearer. 

Portland,

Bruise Brothers are quickly becoming title contenders.

Furnas beats Bull in one hard hitting match.

Always watch out for guys carrying sledgehammers. 

The Big Cat has been racking up wins. 

In a way only Rose can do, he gets his win back over Owen. 

The LHW division continues its red hot momentum. 

Hall shows Backlund his title win was no fluke. 

Eugene,

Cyrus is making things happen. 

Could this be the start of a verbal war between RPG and Cornette? I really hope so. 

Poor Blackman.

Billy Jack vs. The Anvil! Bring on more! 

Payne puts a stop to the Bulldozer. 

I'm enjoying Coast to Coast's reign.

Hart retains against solid contender Cuban Assassin. 

Only a week into the year and PCW is tearing it up! 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, January 13th

The Gold Exchange (Todd Morton & Jerry Lynn) vs. The Midnight Express

Todd Morton shares his thoughts after July 20th - YouTube Help Wanted! Job Opportunities: Jerry Lynn | Ring the Damn BellBobby Eaton dead at 62: Tributes paid to wrestling legend who was one half  of iconic The Midnight Express tag-team | The US Sun

Before the match started, Jim Cornette demanded the ringside microphone.

Cornette : Lately, there's been a red-faced yammer-mouth who has been flapping his gums about his so-called "Tag-Team Of The Future"! I hate guys like that! The thought that his pair of wet behind the ears punks have any kind of future is one of the most richly comedic things I have heard in a long time. What I bring you tonight is the tag team of the past, present, and the future … Sweet Stan and Beautiful Bobby, the Midnight Express!

His men then did battle to the up and coming team of Morton and Lynn. The Gold Exchange are still finding their feet as a tag team but put in a game effort against the Midnights. It all came to the same result as the Midnight Express hit the Veg-O-Matic on Lynn for the victory. Cornette's ego might be a bit bruised by the claims of other managers, but his men are certainly showing themselves as a force to be reckoned with.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are a tag team that is rapidly blazing a trail through PCW … the Bruise Brothers.

Happy Birthday to Ron and Don Harris! | Pro Wrestling Universe Amino

The Harris Twins head out to the ring and, although they are far from fan favorites, the crowd seems almost afraid to boo them out of concern for how they might retaliate.

Coss : So, errr, Don? You've both certainly made a quick impression, but the tag scene in PCW is highly competitive. How do you plan to distinguish yourselves?

Before Don (?) can answer, "Smooth Operator" by Sade plays over the arena PA. This of course is the cue for "Playboy" Buddy Rose, along with Scotty The Body and Reno Riggins, to come swaggering out to the ring.

image.jpeg.1fe511b9555a882f12fbacf5e2a5c6be.jpegتويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"Reno Riggins – Online World of Wrestling

Rose : Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen! This is your lucky day! (Scotty and Riggins both roll their eyes) The Playboy Club is experiencing a period of aggressive expansion, and you are now getting the chance to get in on it. My men Scotty and Reno can attest to the benefits of membership. (Both men nod their heads) Money! Glamour! Women! Tag team title shots!

Riggins : Ummmm, boss, you promised us a shot at the tag team titles.

Rose : Errrrr, well, there are two sets of tag team titles! Plenty of titles for everyone. And that is just the tip of the iceberg of what you can expect if you join up with the Playboy Club. What do you say?

Ron and Don look at each other and, without saying anything, nod and shake Rose's hand. Hoo boy.

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. The Suicide Blondes (Chris Candido & Louie Spicolli)

Well That Didn't work: The Patriot | Ring the Damn Bell ProWresBlog: All Japan Pro Wrestling 2/25/1993 - Kenta Kobashi and Tsuyoshi  Kikuchi vs The Patriot and The EagleChris Candido - IMDbA Look Back At WWF Superstars - August 29, 1992

There was no ambiguity in the fans reaction to the Force Of July, as the masked duo had the crowd solidly behind them through this match. While the new duo from the Knights Templar gave them quite the fight, the Force Of July were able to overpower them when the Patriot Irish Whipped Spicolli into the Screaming Eagle (top rope missile dropkick) from the Eagle. The Force Of July are rapidly becoming one of the most popular teams in PCW.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are perhaps the most controversial group in all of PCW … the Neighborhood Of Evil!

The crowd loudly boos as Paul Bearer leads his men to the ring. A conspicuous new addition to their ranks is Barry Windham, wearing a black glove on his right hand and the traditional Neighborhood Of Evil scowl on his face.

Paul Bearer photo tribute | WWEHow old is The Undertaker, what is the WWE star's real name and will he  fight at WrestleMania 35? | The SunMaxx Payneimage.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpegDavid Heath (Wrestling) - TV TropesTales and Lineage of The Black Glove

Coss : Barry Windham, I am shocked by your recent behaviour. Not only do you join up with the Neighborhood Of Evil, but you stab your best friend Curt Hennig in the back in the process!

Windham : Friend? FRIEND? I asked just one thing from my so called friend. I had my hands full with One Man Gang, so I needed Curt to stop Nick Bockwinkel from challenging for my title at the same time. But Curt dropped the ball and couldn't get the job done. And the next thing you know, Gang and Bockwinkel conspire to rob me of my title. But the moment he has his own title, suddenly Hennig finds it in him to beat Bockwinkel and steal my title for himself. Some friend! I can't trust him or any of the Brigade to look out for me. And that's why I joined the Neighborhood Of Evil. They know how to do what it takes. And I will do what it takes to get my title back from my ex-friend, and I am going to destroy the Brigade while I am at it! The Widowmaker will be the next Pacific Wrestling Champion, no matter what the cost.

Owen Hart vs. Buzz Sawyer

20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen Hart Classic Pro Wrestling Gallery - Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer | Facebook

After Buzz cost Owen his match with Buddy Rose last week, this match between the two was quickly signed. While Owen is mostly known as a high flyer and technical wrestler, his wrestling family clearly taught him how to fight, and he wasn't going to take any backward steps against the Mad Dog. And a down and dirty fight is what this was, getting so crazed and out of control that the ref just gave up and declared a No Contest. Even that would not put a stop to it, and Bret Hart, Brian Pillman, Timothy Flowers and Angel Acevedo had to come out to try to separate their partners. I doubt we have seen the last of this.

Al Snow vs. Joe Malenko

Leif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bellimage.jpeg.5542b31e43a46bba5f58193e7134fe43.jpeg

Ever since his departure from the Knights Templar, Al Snow has worked diligently to forge his own path, and has built up something of a following among the fans. Tonight, he would face the older of the Malenko Brothers and would put Joe's considerable technical expertise to the test. The two matched wits in the proverbial game of human chess, and the fans were spellbound to see who would come out on time. Joe managed to get Snow in a waistlock to set him up for a German Suplex, but Snow reversed the waistlock and knocked him to the mat with a forearm smash to the back of the head. Snow then hit a Wheelbarrow Suplex to get the one two three. Little by little, Snow is showing himself to be one of the hottest young prospects in PCW.

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) & Tony St. Clair vs. Art Barr, Eddie Guerrero & Cyrus The Virus

The Golden Boys – in pictures: early years – Eire   Alba Exclusive Tony St Clair Interview by Seconds Away-British Wrestling Podcast  then and now • A podcast on AnchorArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestlingTHE JACKYL / DON CALLIS WRESTLER 8 X 10 WRESTLING PHOTO WWF | eBay

The evening closed out with the British Invasion facing off against the Wild Things. While St. Clair and Cyrus got their shots in, it was mostly a duel between British Steel and Barr and Guerrero. Art and Eddie have been mounting a challenge for the Golden State Tag Titles held by Regal and Brookside. They showed they were not adverse to getting their hands dirty, as Barr hit a nasty low blow from behind on Brookside to set him up for a reverse neckbreaker by Eddie to give the win to the Wild Things. It makes one wonder just how long the Englishmen would be able to hold off the challenge from the Wild Things.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, January 14th

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Cactus Jack

Another frenzied battle between the two that Ouellet won by countout after hitting a running senton off the apron to the concrete on Cactus.

Steve Blackman vs. Dean Malenko

Dean forced Blackman to submit to the Texas Cloverleaf.

Tony St. Clair vs. Vampire Warrior

It took considerable effort to put him down, but St. Clair was ultimately able to defeat the Vampire Warrior with the spinning forearm smash

Lou Perez vs. Jimmie Lee

The Grave Digger fared better than his Hollywood Vampires partner as he was able to pin the Ladies Man Lou Perez following the Spinal Grinder (spinebuster slam)

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Reno Riggins)

A tag team battle between two up and coming new teams that went to the Force Of July after the Patriot hit the Uncle Slam (full nelson slam) on Scotty

Brian Christopher vs. Buddy Rose

Young Brian Christopher put in a game effort but the wily Playboy put a stop to his challenge with the Inside Out Backbreaker

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Curt Hennig © vs. Maxx Payne

A frenzied battle between the two that ended in chaos and a double DQ when both the Neighborhood Of Evil and the Brigade got involved.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, January 15th

Cheetah Kid vs. Cyrus The Virus

A hotly contested bout between two of the most unconventional stars in PCW that went to Cheetah Kid when he hit a Power Bomb on Cyrus

The Southern Boys vs. The Bruise Brothers

The Harris Twins managed to get the better of the popular Southern Boys when one of them flattened Smothers with a running front kick to the chest

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Bull Payne

A down and dirty fight that Billy Jack won with the Shoulder Breaker

Barry Windham vs. Dustin Rhodes

Windham defeated his former Brigade ally with a Superplex

The Gold Exchange (Todd Morton & Jerry Lynn) vs. The Holly Cousins

A fast paced tag bout between two young and energetic teams that went to the Gold Exchange when they hit the Gold Rush (a Schoolboy Trip by Morton assisting a running crossbody press by Lynn) on Crash.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. Jim Neidhart & The Suicide Blondes (Chris Candido & Louie Spicolli)

Bret was about to wrap things up by executing the Sharpshooter on Candido, but while the ref was distracted by Mr. Bob Backlund at ringside, Neidhart clobbered Bret with a brutal running forearm smash to the back of the head and then pinned his former partner to give the win to the Knights Templar.

California Title Match : Scott Hall © vs. Angel Acevedo

The Cuban Assassin showed why he is the Enforcer of the Diamond Exchange by really taking it to the California Champ, but Hall was able to prevail by hitting the Gator Breaker (fallaway slam).

First up Oakland.

The war of words between Cornette and RPG heats up before a Midnights victory.

It's a good thing that you've got two Tag Titles in PCW cause Rose nearly screwed himself there. Though I can't blame him for wanting to recruit the Bruise Brothers.

The Knights Templar feel the Force of July.

The Widowmaker is sounding just a bit paranoid. But he's got just the backup he needs to fulfill his promise to destroy the Brigade.

Owen takes the fight to Sawyer. This is gonna be a fun feud.

Snow continues his roll after leaving the crusade.

The Wild Things are on the hunt Golden State tag titles.

Onto San Francisco.

PCO and Cactus have another wild one.

Blackman's bad luck streak continues.

The Hollywood Vampires break even.

The Force of July get a second win with a little help from Uncle Slam.

Rose had a little too much experience for Christopher.

A Brigade/NoE brawl makes for a great way to end the match.

Finally, Fresno.

Cheetah Kid with another successful hunt.

If the Harris' keep this up, people are gonna have to learn which one's which.

Billy Jack brings the Payne to Bull.

Windham gets his first win over a member of the Brigade.

The Gold Exchange wins high speed collision with the Holly's.

Neidhart may have just earned himself a TV title shot with that pin on Bret.

Hall withstands the Assassin to retain his title.

Fresh crop of young stars... PCW opening up 1988 with a bang. I am interested to see who will rise to the top here. I like Windham but now with Owen building up...Bret and Pillman... even Scott Hall has got a tremendous upside. Without question... the PCW roster has got a high bar that we have to measure up to. I have my money on Neidhart being the breakout star here in 1988!