Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: New York

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War Raiders would be a lock for my tag team of the year if they even had one big match a month to showcase their stuff.  Such chemistry together and on their own, and manage to work big and small while always making their opponents look like real competition regardless of their size.  Just phenomenal.

8 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority but that was a far cry from either of the first two matches.  Too balanced and back & forth as opposed to letting either man, particularly Walter, establish a real run.  It was a stiff and strong match but didn't come close to expectations.

You are insane.

I thought it was an excellent match. I'm really glad Walter's wrestling his style in NXT and doesn't seem to have been molded into the WWE formula too much. The match felt really rough and violent. It did drag a bit at the end when they went into the obligatory big move trading which didn't really fit the match. Wasn't a fan of Pete Dune attempting a triangle choke on the top rope to someone who has a powerbomb finisher. Reminded me of all those times someone would pound Undertaker's head in the corner then be SHOCKED when they get grabbed for a Last Ride.