Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: New York

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Getting the crowd to go from nearly 100% wanting Cole to win, to popping huge for Johnny finally pulling it off was an impressive piece of work.

Yes that was fantastic!!  Seeing the rest of Undisputed Era run in and hearing the crowd with the thunderous boos.  Johnny won everyone over in the end.  I was a little worried for a bit at first that the crowd was going to ruin his big win and I'm glad it didn't happen.

2 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority but that was a far cry from either of the first two matches.  Too balanced and back & forth as opposed to letting either man, particularly Walter, establish a real run.  It was a stiff and strong match but didn't come close to expectations.

I'm with Eagle - I found the match to be overlong, masturbatory, and disappointing compared to expectations, but still decent. 

With that said, the rest of the card has been fun.

The tag match was a fun high-flying brawl.

Riddle and Dream are hopefully two future stars, but that all depends on how Vince sees them - and as we all know, that could go either way, especially with those two.

The women were MOTY so far (I joined late, so I'm still watching the main event as we speak). I'm glad Belair's hair was used as a weapon against her, even if it did backfire. I was hoping for Io Shirai to win, but I certainly can't complain about Shayna retaining. 

I got spoiled on the Gargano-Cole result, unfortunately. Pedestrian first two falls, but the third has been good so far. 

And it just ended. I got distracted from writing my post to, ya know, actually watch the match. ;)

I'm still going with the women as the MOTY, but that third fall was NUTS!

Not a blowaway TakeOver IMO, at least compared to past TakeOvers, but still good and fun. WrestleMania will have a hard act to follow, just because it's so fucking bloated and messy now. 

Edit: Is that Gargano's wife? Is it just me or does she look completely different now?

Edit 2: THAT ENDING! It's hitting me right in the feels.