Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/20-5/26 RAW IS WILDCARD TITLE

sek69

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Squaredcircle on reddit is okay if you realize there is some good humor and ideas buried in a sea of stupidity. 

I'd rather not wade through a sea of stupidity. Boards like this are much more my style, where there's very little stupidity and what's there gets stamped out pretty quickly.

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I've found out reddit isn't too bad on the sections where actual moderation takes place.

There are definitely a lot of great non-wrestling Reddit pages, but have you found any good ones for wrestling?

Funny, it just came up as a mailbag question on WO Radio the other night about Ziggler's status. Dave was saying they were trying to make him an agent since they didn't have any plans for him (hence the reason he's been off doing stand up gigs). Guess they came up with something.

It's like, with Kofi there's never really been any time (other than that one years ago that ended with the Orton match) where he was ever given the chance to run with the  ball. Dolph was given chance after chance and never really made it, so a jealousy angle really isn't earned. 

13 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's like, with Kofi there's never really been any time (other than that one years ago that ended with the Orton match) where he was ever given the chance to run with the  ball. Dolph was given chance after chance and never really made it, so a jealousy angle really isn't earned. 

I disagree. Dolph had one World Title reign, and it was torpedoed quickly by a concussion.

Midcard-wise, they've both had relatively the same amount of success.

Dolph felt crazy over for awhile in 2012 and 2013. People were really into him while he held the briefcase - all the way through that Cena feud, the AJ Lee association, and especially his title win over Berto.

In fact, I still think that double-turn PPV match with Del Rio is one of the best, most well-rounded performances you'll ever get out of Dolph.

In the category of "given chance after chance and never really made it", I mean... Yeah. He's guilty. But he ain't Seth Rollins. He's had a few different startups that were done a major disservice by bad booking and weak follow-through.

The 2013 turn, the 2014 Survivor Series, and the IC title program with Miz all immediately spring to mind. And I wouldn't be all that surprised if there were one or two more I'm overlooking.

Like, Dolph isn't exactly my favorite worker by ANY stretch of the imagination. But neither is Kofi. And I've been so pleasantly surprised by how well that whole angle worked out. I'm not about to sit here and say Dolph couldn't have pulled that off, given the same story, the same spot, and the same opponent in Daniel "Das WunderKING" Bryan.

40 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

Dolph felt crazy over for awhile in 2012 and 2013. People were really into him while he held the briefcase - all the way through that Cena feud, the AJ Lee association, and especially his title win over Berto.

In fact, I still think that double-turn PPV match with Del Rio is one of the best, most well-rounded performances you'll ever get out of Dolph.

In the category of "given chance after chance and never really made it", I mean... Yeah. He's guilty. But he ain't Seth Rollins. He's had a few different startups that were done a major disservice by bad booking and weak follow-through.

The 2013 turn, the 2014 Survivor Series, and the IC title program with Miz all immediately spring to mind. And I wouldn't be all that surprised if there were one or two more I'm overlooking.

Like, Dolph isn't exactly my favorite worker by ANY stretch of the imagination. But neither is Kofi. And I've been so pleasantly surprised by how well that whole angle worked out. I'm not about to sit here and say Dolph couldn't have pulled that off, given the same story, the same spot, and the same opponent in Daniel "Das WunderKING" Bryan.

That pairing with Lana torpedoed him and he never quite recovered.