Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/20-5/26 RAW IS WILDCARD TITLE

sek69

The idea of the title being open to anyone from Raw, SD, 205, NXT, and NXT UK is actually really cool, but instead of emphasizing that, the focus is on a corny comedy gimmick with a badly designed belt and worse name that only jabronis seem to want. In other words, WWE being WWE.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Can someone give those of us who aren't watching the deets on this new title?

WWE 24/7 Title

- FUGLY green belt

- Open to anyone from Raw, SD, 205, NXT, and NXT UK

- Despite that, only the lowest on the totem pole jabronis seem to want it

- First two champions: Titus O'Neil (who won by grabbing it - that's all he had to do) and Robert Roode (who won it seconds later)

Just now, Strummer said:

24/7 worked in 2000 worked because they had a bunch of over lower card acts.  They really have none at the moment so this just seems like job guys flailing around out there and slipping on banana peels 

I think the key word is "over lower card acts" because they have tons of guys who they can use for it like EC3 that nobody really cares for

Hopefully only WWE guys like Roode who will never step foot in NXT unless it is punishment

53 minutes ago, Strummer said:

24/7 worked in 2000 worked because they had a bunch of over lower card acts.  They really have none at the moment so this just seems like job guys flailing around out there and slipping on banana peels 

They should have brought James Ellsworth back for this. 

I think it's a fun idea. Gives TV time till guys who would otherwise only appear on Main Event, and if one or two of them make themselves stand out in the process, then it's worth it. A little bit of chaos to liven up the shows. Plus those guys who are more creative can use this as a vehicle- already Drake Maverick is on Twitter, shooting videos hunting down R-Truth for the belt 

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Nah, the concept is cool. The belt is ugly as shit, but WWE is more often than not funny (intentionally) when doing over the top backstage segments. Braun got over by doing Looney Toons shit, after all.

7 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

I think it's a fun idea. Gives TV time till guys who would otherwise only appear on Main Event, and if one or two of them make themselves stand out in the process, then it's worth it. A little bit of chaos to liven up the shows. Plus those guys who are more creative can use this as a vehicle- already Drake Maverick is on Twitter, shooting videos hunting down R-Truth for the belt 

Is running around like Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner really better though?

With that said, props to EC3 for some gloriously goofy facial expressions during the Roode-Truth skit.

Doesn't get him any closer to the main event, but it's genuinely funny - and you have to give him credit for embracing the shit out of this.

Edit: I've giffed it.

2UyVgRT.gif

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Someone on reddit had an amusing idea where the wrestlers think the belt is a piece of shit and are trying to lose it instead of win it. 

Where is good for wrestling on reddit? I signed up for reddit a few months ago but have avoided wrestling there like the plague. I assumed any major wrestling groups on reddit would be a cesspool. Is that wrong?