Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Stomping Grounds - NO BUYS~

FMKK

I like that Ali's gimmick is kind of based on his past as a Chicago policeman.   Hopefully they don't make it too "Let Make a Different Fatu".  I figure we are going to get a number of these segments to somehow fill 4 hours 

No surprise that New Day vs Owens/Generico has been great

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Thanks brother, I really appreciate the kind words.  I really hesitated for the longest time about even mentioning the fact I was sick here at PWO, because I know we generally don't post about those types of things (hence the name Pro Wrestling Only.) But in my own way I have made "friends" with a lot of guys here.  Plus, if I suddenly disappear, people will know why.  It turns out I have the exact same symptoms and condition that Ric Flair had recently - except mine is genetic and was not brought on by a lifetime of alcohol abuse.  (Actually, come to think about it...)  Maybe like Lou Gehrig's disease, they'll name the condition after Flair, and I can tell people I have Ric Flair disease.  That would give me a medical excuse for drinking to excess, sleeping with thousands of women, wearing nothing but a robe and exposing myself to stewardesses.

Hopefully you have your share of drinks and women after raking some eyes behind the ref's back.

So I'm now watching the show.  For now.  Why?  While changing a full, stinky diaper I realized that I expected this show to be an all time dumpster fire.  When that happens you're almost always pleasantly surprised.  Its not like this is the Herb Abrams UWF or something without even the possibility of delivering.  Thus far my ass backwards logic has been rewarded as I thought the 205 opener was a top 5 main roster match of the year, Becky/Lacey overdelivered and the just concluded New Day vs. KO/Sami was surprisingly clean and free of over-agenting.  

Just when I thought I was out!  

Joe has definitely put on more weight. And it's visibly effecting his performance, I believe. I mean, I know he's older & slower & more broken down but man. He's a shell of his former self, for sure.

The rest of the show has actually been pretty decent so far. And this match might hit the next gear but right now, all I can see if how lethargic Joe seems.

I mean, to quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, he's Samoan, what's he gonna do?

I always seem to end up enjoying these PPV cards that look like totally underdeveloped or have no buzz. It gives them a good chance of overdelivering. I'm behind on my live blog as I had to finally set up my PS4 lol. They finally forced my hand by dropping WWE Network support for the PS3, though I bet my stream runs with less glitches now. 

This PPV rules out of the gate for making me genuinely happy with Gulak's title win. More Drew!

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2019/06/wwe-stomping-grounds-live-blog-62319.html

I hate the constant camera-switching as much as anyone but it's necessary to cover for Shane's coast-to-coast dropkick. When you're pushing 50, it's no shame to retire some stuff you can't do any more. 

Another good match, and they had the crowd really into it by the end. 

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Most reviews have been positive, at least from an in-ring perspective. An uninteresting PPV bringing it, such a wonderful WWE tradition.

Yeah, it shouldn't be a surprise this is good. But TV has been so bad for the last couple of months and the headlining feuds are so unappealing I can't blame anyone for skipping this show.