Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
goodhelmet

AEW Fight For The Fallen

I really enjoyed the 6 man for what it was. I liked Darby selling the ribs on offense and defense. I wish Jimmy Havoc would work an entire match just biting fingers until they bleed. Also, major props to hitting a superplex and just going for the pin. Everyone else looked good enough.  Fun main show opener. 

I didn't like the 6 man, but save MJF, I'm not really inclined to like any of the people involved. Spots for the sake of spots. Guys being cringy. And I will never see whatever there is to see in Darby Allin. His offense looks just fucking awful and the bumps don't feel special because it's all he does.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Ridge said:

Janela telling Cornette to fuck off and I'm just shaking my head on why a apron bump is being used in opening match.  I don't even watch much current wrestling but those bumps are tiring yet reckless.  

Calling Cornette out just gives Corny more ammunition. Bad look from Janela... especiallu when the match was getting hot. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin Ridge said:

Janela telling Cornette to fuck off 

That was some eye-rolling shit. What a dork. Otherwise the six-man was perfectly fine but inconsequential, like the semi-random six-mans that kill time on Raw most weeks.

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Trying to present Brandi Rhodes as a sympathetic babyface strikes me as ill-advised.

And she immediately is wrestling as a heel.

Actually, Brandi shouldn't be wrestling at all. She can't really be anything but a heel, and I think we've all had enough of the promotion presenting itself as the heel.

This has been sloppy and not good.

I can't tell if the Brandi stuff with Kong is supposed to be a rib on the Shane McMahon stuff or if it's just bad. Allie's a stronger character than a worker, so of course they're just having her be a "let's have a grapple" wrestler type. And Brandi looks like she should not be in a ring. Nothing's looked smooth.

Yeah Brandi should be hidden in tag matches if going to put her in the ring.  Or something with lots of smoke and mirrors.  Though I did slightly get a kick out of her spear being dangerous because of metal plate in shoulder due to previous surgery.

3 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Headbanger Mosh and Abyss ready for action!

My thought was "mini  Ray Rowe and every fat jobber in a mask from the 80s"

The least over team defeated the most over team. Makes sense...

That Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy combo backdrop-power bomb thing was really cool, as was Dark Order's Gori Special-cutter thing.