Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fight For The Fallen

goodhelmet

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the 6 man for what it was. I liked Darby selling the ribs on offense and defense. I wish Jimmy Havoc would work an entire match just biting fingers until they bleed. Also, major props to hitting a superplex and just going for the pin. Everyone else looked good enough.  Fun main show opener. 

I didn't like the 6 man, but save MJF, I'm not really inclined to like any of the people involved. Spots for the sake of spots. Guys being cringy. And I will never see whatever there is to see in Darby Allin. His offense looks just fucking awful and the bumps don't feel special because it's all he does.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Ridge said:

Janela telling Cornette to fuck off and I'm just shaking my head on why a apron bump is being used in opening match.  I don't even watch much current wrestling but those bumps are tiring yet reckless.  

Calling Cornette out just gives Corny more ammunition. Bad look from Janela... especiallu when the match was getting hot. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin Ridge said:

Janela telling Cornette to fuck off 

That was some eye-rolling shit. What a dork. Otherwise the six-man was perfectly fine but inconsequential, like the semi-random six-mans that kill time on Raw most weeks.

This has been sloppy and not good.

I can't tell if the Brandi stuff with Kong is supposed to be a rib on the Shane McMahon stuff or if it's just bad. Allie's a stronger character than a worker, so of course they're just having her be a "let's have a grapple" wrestler type. And Brandi looks like she should not be in a ring. Nothing's looked smooth.