Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fight For The Fallen

goodhelmet

Here's the card for tonight's show. Am I missing any recently announced matches? I think it's pretty smart not to have the main eventers on every show but still have enough intriguing matches to keep people interested.  No Moxley match and Jericho is cutting a live promo. We have been heavily criticizing the preshows and this one is hyping up a match that has 4 guys who have been flirting around the main event scene. Smart move. The six man is one of the matches I am looking forward to the most. I have no idea if I should be excited about the women's matches or not.  I hear Dark Order can put on show stealing matches so it will be my first time seeing them wrestle. The top four matches feel like they could be matches I love or hate depending on how the matches are booked. Really excited for this show. 

• Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc & Darby Allin vs. Shawn Spears, MJF & Sammy Guevara ("The Buy In")
  • Sonny Kiss vs. The Librarian
  • Britt Baker & Riho vs. Shoko Nakajima & Bea Priestley
  • Dark Order vs. Angelico & Jack Evans vs. Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus
  • Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie
  • Hangman Page vs. Kip Sabian
  • SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs. The Lucha Brothers
  • Kenny Omega vs. CIMA
  • The Young Bucks vs. Cody & Dustin Rhodes

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I'm biased towards the Dark Order because they're fellow Quebecers so I'm always rooting for them. The problem doesn't seem to be their in-ring skills but the presentation of the Dark Order. I hope AEW can fix this before they start TV in October.

Yeah, the presentation/name of Dark Order is terrible thus far. SSB’s were becoming one of the best teams working in the States until their Visa issues.  That said, the Bucks definitely brought them in because they want to work with them (and have had great matches with them in the past), so I expect them to right the ship one way or another eventually, even if that means basically scrapping the gimmick.  Of course, having them have an actual match tonight could go a long way in helping them getting off the ground.

On paper, the six-man and the Bucks/Rhodes matches look like the sure standouts.  Omega/CIMA has definite potential if they work a straight match.  I’m not particularly interested in the women’s matches but so far that whole division has been a miss for me aside from the Joshi workers on Double or Nothing.  Hangman has definitely not felt like the top guy they (seemingly) want to make him and I’m not optimistic that will change after tonight unless Sabian really goes all-out to make Page look great.

51 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Obviously, I'm biased towards the Dark Order because they're fellow Quebecers so I'm always rooting for them.

That's cool, I had no idea. Let them be just that and have them speak French then ! :)

The card looks pretty hot. I've never seen Brandi wrestle, so that's interesting to me, especially against Allie whom I really liked in iMPACT. Lucha Bros vs SCU & Young Bucks vs the Rhodes will compete for show stealers.

Luchasaurus is the new Mortis. You can quote me on that.

24 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I don't really know what AEW sees in Riho to have her on each of their events so far. I remember reading that they think joshi could be for them what luchadores and cruiserweights were for WCW, but she's kind of a curious choice as a standard-bearer.

Kenny and Brandi are booking the women, and Kenny is a big fan of hers. 

3 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Here's the card for tonight's show. Am I missing any recently announced matches? I think it's pretty smart not to have the main eventers on every show but still have enough intriguing matches to keep people interested.  No Moxley match and Jericho is cutting a live promo. We have been heavily criticizing the preshows and this one is hyping up a match that has 4 guys who have been flirting around the main event scene. Smart move. The six man is one of the matches I am looking forward to the most. I have no idea if I should be excited about the women's matches or not.  I hear Dark Order can put on show stealing matches so it will be my first time seeing them wrestle. The top four matches feel like they could be matches I love or hate depending on how the matches are booked. Really excited for this show. 

• Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc & Darby Allin vs. Shawn Spears, MJF & Sammy Guevara ("The Buy In")
  • Sonny Kiss vs. The Librarian
  • Britt Baker & Riho vs. Shoko Nakajima & Bea Priestley
  • Dark Order vs. Angelico & Jack Evans vs. Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus
  • Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie
  • Hangman Page vs. Kip Sabian
  • SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs. The Lucha Brothers
  • Kenny Omega vs. CIMA
  • The Young Bucks vs. Cody & Dustin Rhodes

Just finished Night 2 of G1 Climax. Now I'm waiting for AEW Fight for the Fallen tonight. Then G1 Climax Night 3 tomorrow & Night 4 Monday. This weekend is great as a wrestling fan. 

Bucks/Rhodes will be interesting in seeing what story they tell & who they give the win to. I don't know several of the people on the card tonight, so looking forward to getting some first impressions. I already know in the opening six-man I'll be pulling for the MJF team because I don't like Janela or Havoc. 

The women matches are intriguing to me. Curious if Brandi goes over or if they give the win to Allie. Look forward to seeing more of the Joshi women. The women's tag could be sleeper of the night.

I don't know much about Kip Sabian, so that'll be a first impression match for me. SoCal Vs. Luchas should be fine. Might skip Kiss/Librarian entirely. 

The Dark Order 3-team tag is a real pick-em. I like Luchasaurus and think he could be a good get for AEW. Him and Jungle Boy seem like a fun team (with a cool new shirt). I also like the team of Angelico/Evans. Became a fan of Angelico from Lucha Underground. 

Should be a fun show. Not expecting any blow away matches but could be pleasantly surprised. There's certainly going to be a lot of spots. I can't wait to see all things Dustin tries to do since he's in a match with The Young Bucks. There will 100% be a Canadian Destroyer or Code Red. I found it odd that during the hype videos he kept talking about Powerslamming their souls from their body. Is he going to start using the Powerslam as a finish now or something? Was just kind of peculiar. 

Anyway, looking forward to it! 

I am sort of in the same boat as you. I am familiar with most of the names but want to see how they wrestle the matches. 

- i expect Bucks-Rhodes to be similar to MNM vs Hardys where you think you are getting a spotfest but end up getting a great Southern formula tag where the Bucks end up cutting off the ring and abusing old man Dustin for most of the match until he tags Cody to clean house then the Rhodes boys start punishing the acrobats. My bold prediction: it will be the Bucks best match ever and another feather in Dustin's cap as one of the best tag wrestlers ever. 

- I was not impressed with the Guevara-Sabian match at DoN so for me, this will be more about how Page performs and if he can come across like a big deal. 

- I think Brandi should lose all of her matches. You can even have a storyline where she needs to decide of she wants to be the CBO or a wrestler. I hate part timers winning matches in general. 

- Which brings me to Cima vs. Kenny Omega. I think Omega should lose (he won't) because he is spreading himself too thin. Working with the women, promoting video game shows, being an EVP. There should be consequences.  I also think this match might be hurt because the finish feels like a foregone conclusion. 

- I don't know what to expect from the womens tag. 

- I know the Lucha Bros tag will be a spotfest. I don't care. I have no objective glasses when it comes to Pentagon. 

- i have never seen the Librarian wrestle so I am not going to pre-judge his wrestling based on his lame gimmick. I am also not down on Sonny Kiss's gimmick like Jim Cornette so i am going in to this one with an open mind. 

- i have no expectations either way for the 3 way tag. If it is as fun as the Fyter Fest 3 way, I'll be satisfied. 

13 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

- i expect Bucks-Rhodes to be similar to MNM vs Hardys where you think you are getting a spotfest but end up getting a great Southern formula tag where the Bucks end up cutting off the ring and abusing old man Dustin for most of the match until he tags Cody to clean house then the Rhodes boys start punishing the acrobats.

If we get this I'll be ecstatic. That would be great.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Just finished Night 2 of G1 Climax. Now I'm waiting for AEW Fight for the Fallen tonight. Then G1 Climax Night 3 tomorrow & Night 4 Monday. This weekend is great as a wrestling fan. 

It's crazy. I'm watching Night 2 of the G1 tonight. Probably gonna watch AEW tomorrow, then I'll have to catch up with day 3 & 4. That's the issue with the G1, it's taxing to follow, as great as it is. Hell, I want to watch last Friday's CMLL show too before next week's show which will feature Jushin Liger. Thank god iMPACT was basically a recap show this week so I skip it.

Great lookingsetup fro a mid size venue. It just looks different. Love it. 

Sonny Kiss vs. Peter Avalon 

Fun opener! Kiss should always come out with cheerleaders dancing because he was the best dancer there. Avalon was really good too. Nothing mind blowing but fun opener. Also, the Librarian gimmick may be suffering because Avalon and Bates aren't really embracing the role. Cut your hair (Avalon), tske the dye out (Bates) and change your wardrobe. 

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I like how they have the crowd/stage set up. Has all the elements needed in modern wrestling (ramp/big screen) in a style that looks different than anywhere else.

For the record, I don't think ramps are needed in modern wrestling. I always preferred the more intimate MSG entrance setup.