Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Loss

An old hippie girlfriend once gave me some pajama pants that looked like that. Except the leggings were attached to the waist, of course. Looked like those cheap hospital pants that orderlies wear.

Also, just cuz I feel like saying it again: Xavier. Security guard. Mwahahahaaa.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An old hippie girlfriend once gave me some pajama pants that looked like that. Except the leggings were attached to the waist, of course. Looked like those cheap hospital pants that orderlies wear.

Also, just cuz I feel like saying it again: Xavier. Security guard. Mwahahahaaa.

At least Xavier didn't job on Heat like he usually does when they're in New York.

Sorta reminds me of when Mike Rapada did a few meatjobs to the likes of LA Smooth on Worldwide around the time they put the NWA belt on him. I know that it's "exposure" and the extra hundred bucks is nice, but I've never understood the guys who are relatively big regional stars yet still take job matches where they're made to look like shit on tv.

But what I'm saying is, if you're an indy worker who's being pushed as a legitimate contender on your local shows, is it really wise to go on bigtime TV and get thrown around like a chump? It pays a little bit and could lead to some valuable contacts, but I've always thought that the lure of "exposure" is pretty overrated.

Lure of exposure? Or that WWE is known to pay decently for an easy gig?

It's not that much money, a couple hundred bucks at most. That may be a lot of money to a struggling indy guy, but is it worth it to have half the crowd at the next local show heckling you about being squashed in two seconds?

And sometimes it's an easy gig... but sometimes you're like that poor motherfucker on ECW last week whose national television debut was getting the shit kicked out of him by the worst wrestler in the company and then having hundreds of live worms shoved down his throat. It must be a mark-out thing like FH said, I don't understand it otherwise.

Maybe not, but it'd be a close race between him and anyone else. (Besides the untrained bikini models.)

Really? Worse than Beth Phoenix or Snitsky? Boogeyman at least has an entertaining gimmick, understands the basic mechanics of wrestling, and seems to be trying. He's kinda limited, but he does what's expected of him with aplomb.

What's wrong with Beth Phoenix? She seems about average to me. Snitsky, yeah, he sucks, but I've seen him have at least halfway passable matches when he's completely carried by someone. I can't say the same for Boogeyman, who makes me leap for the channel changer when he gets in the ring. If he just didn't wrestle and didn't use the damn worms he might be a fun character, but as it is, he's disgusting in more ways than one.

Boogey was actively better than John Morrison last night in their match. This isn't usually the case, but Boogey's still improved a lot (and if you never watch his matches as you claim...). Snitsky's also improved past "worst wrestler in the company," though neither of them did it as dramatically as Sylvan Grenier did pre-firing. I haven't seen enough Phoenix to judge.

As much as I enjoy him, I think there's a good argument for Khali.

What's wrong with Beth Phoenix? She seems about average to me.

What I wrote over on Segunda Caida about that....

-Man, I need to see some more Beth Phoenix matches. Well, not really. It would actually be a tremendous waste of my time. But I've got a kind of morbid curiosity. With Khali turning up the heat - at least within his ability to do so - Beth Phoenix might now be the shittiest wrestler on the WWE roster. It's not a sure thing. Snitsky's right around the corner, ready to strike. But she's down there. Most shitty Diva wrestling gives you the sense that you're watching non-wrestlers with a bare minimum of training trying to pull off things way beyond their abilities in a desperate, futile attempt to gain some crowd interest aside from "Hey! Look at my tits!". Beth doesn't give you that feeling. Beth gives you the feeling of someone who is a trained wrestler, and just isn't any good at it. She didn't push herself too far beyond her limitations, but her limitations aren't much different from, say, Maria, who at least appears to be making an effort. Not like anyone in this match was great, but Beth was really bad. Really, if people need to be fans of a clunky stiff with weak-looking strikes who's pushed mainly based on their size, not sure why anyone would rally behind Beth when Khali is right there. The fact that anyone at all was really excited about Beth's return to TV is really further proof that women's wrestling post-GAEA is for fetishists and fetishists alone.

Snitsky, yeah, he sucks, but I've seen him have at least halfway passable matches when he's completely carried by someone. I can't say the same for Boogeyman, who makes me leap for the channel changer when he gets in the ring.

His matches with Booker were fine. The matches with Finlay were spectacular, though not strictly in a "good workrate" way. He's not that good, but he's competent in the ring.

If he just didn't wrestle and didn't use the damn worms he might be a fun character, but as it is, he's disgusting in more ways than one.

I am kinda disappointed that he took the worms and the clocks and just sort of settled into a routine with those. I liked it better earlier in the character's run when he was doing this weird random shit, and all his segments were these zany, unpredictable, absurdist comedy routines, but wrestling likes familiarity, so that's just how it is.

In terms of his matches, I'm not really sure what you're expecting out of the guy. He comes in, acts goofy, destroys a dude, tosses some worms on him, and leaves without eating up any more than five minutes of your time. He's not a great squash match wrestler. He's better than Snitsky at squashing dudes, but not as good as Umaga, Lashley, Khali, Palumbo, Henry, or Big Daddy V. But I don't think he's bad at it.

I can see where one would find the worms icky.

As much as I enjoy him, I think there's a good argument for Khali.

There was a great argument for Khali before John Cena showed him he could be an immobile slug and still have great matches. It would be a stretch to call him great, and it might even be pushing it to call him good, but he is trying within his limitations, he does seem to know how to work a fun giant match now, and I've dug his matches more often than not the last few months. He's not gonna be carrying any broomsticks, but he will hold up his end of the bargain at this point.

I have a feeling HHH is going to be pretty awful when he comes back. He fell off a lot after one quad tear, and I can't imagine what two quad tears are going to do to him. Especially when he's going to be a babyface for a long time, and he's so not good at it.

Why is it folks keep forgetting Deuce/Domino when listing most useless WWE workers?

There was the long OJ v Boogeyman from the 3/4/06 New Zealand show, where Boogey looked far more trained than the lesser of the D and D team.

Boogey often looked to be the more useful guy in his team with Kane versus Regal/Taylor.

Let's just say I personally think you guys are vastly overstating his abilities, cuz every time I watch him I cringe at just how bad he is. (Yes, I don't watch his matches now, I gave up after even Finlay couldn't get me to enjoy him.) Bad timing, clumsy, just awful.

Why is it folks keep forgetting Deuce/Domino when listing most useless WWE workers?

Oh yeah, they deserve a mention. I forget which one it was, but I'll never forget the visual of him and Batista blowing an armdrag a couple weeks back. And that's what the Smackdown editing wizards left in! What the hell kind of crap might've they cut out?!

Khali... um... well, let's say the El Gigante comparisons are far too accurate. Khali's offense is slightly better looking, but he's actually slower than Gonzales was. If you've never seen the Giant Singh vs. Giant Silva match, look it up on youtube for some quality wrestlecrap.

Khali... um... well, let's say the El Gigante comparisons are far too accurate. Khali's offense is slightly better looking, but he's actually slower than Gonzales was.

Did Gigante bump? Khali does now.

If you've never seen the Giant Singh vs. Giant Silva match, look it up on youtube for some quality wrestlecrap.

Whaaaat? That match was fine, Silva took every bump he could to make it fun. That and the Candido match were the best pre-Cena matches Khali had.

Personally, I don't get the hate for these guys. They won't make you forget Kawada and Taue, but they will awkwardly stiff a guy something fierce. The gimmick is ridiculous, but that's wrestling.

Let's just say I personally think you guys are vastly overstating his abilities, cuz every time I watch him I cringe at just how bad he is. (Yes, I don't watch his matches now, I gave up after even Finlay couldn't get me to enjoy him.) Bad timing, clumsy, just awful.

Vastly overstating? I don't anyone is saying he's anything more than competent. Bad timing? Clumsy? He definitely isn't a natural athlete (despite being black ;) ), his movement in the ring is really awkward. I guess you could call that clumsy, but not on a level I'd hold against him that strongly, especially since moving around awkwardly is a big part of his gimmick. Not sure about the bad timing. You might want to point to some examples of that. Nothing stands out in my mind.

Khali... um... well, let's say the El Gigante comparisons are far too accurate. Khali's offense is slightly better looking, but he's actually slower than Gonzales was.

So?

Khali is a 7'2", 420 lbs., gigantism victim. You expect him to be fast? You want the giant freak attraction to work quick rope running spots? One wonders what exactly you're looking for in these people.

If you've never seen the Giant Singh vs. Giant Silva match, look it up on youtube for some quality wrestlecrap.

What Bix said, although it was really a Giant Silva carryjob as I recall. Not sure what more you wanted/expected from those two.

Really, what are you looking for from Boogeyman and Khali? Because I get the sense you're judging them based on the wrestlers you want them to be instead of the wrestlers they actually are supposed to be.

I'm judging them because I'm completely unentertained by their matches. Khali is too damn big to do anything, and he doesn't have that Andre-type charisma and knowledge of working. Boogeyman just plain sucks imho and I've consistently hated his ringwork since he debuted.

I'm judging them because I'm completely unentertained by their matches. Khali is too damn big to do anything, and he doesn't have that Andre-type charisma and knowledge of working. Boogeyman just plain sucks imho and I've consistently hated his ringwork since he debuted.

WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU JUST WATCH SOMETHING ELSE?

It's like masochism, these guys who seemingly enjoy nothing about WWE yet watch it anyway and then do post online incessantly about how horrible it is. Dude, posting about how awful McMahon's product is to get over with other smart marks to prove how smart you are to tha bizness is so 1995. Just watch something else. I don't understand you.

What else is there to watch? TNA? Hah, I made a funny. Lucha? Don't understand the language, don't know the storylines, never been the biggest fan of the mexican style. Local promotions? Aren't any near me. My tape collection where I've already watched everything at least half a dozen times? I can't afford to jump online and order anything new right now.

But seriously, I'll watch any and all wrestling shows basically because I'm addicted to it. I'll most likely bitch about the bad parts later, but I've never seen a show that was so worthless and irredeemable that there wasn't one good moment in it. Whether it was a match, a promo, some jaw-dropping bump, or even just one of the workers winding up and delivering a perfect punch, every wrestling show has something, somewhere in it that made me glad I saw it.

Can you explain why you don't like them with something other than vague generalizations?

What else is there to watch? TNA? Hah, I made a funny. Lucha? Don't understand the language, don't know the storylines, never been the biggest fan of the mexican style. Local promotions? Aren't any near me. My tape collection where I've already watched everything at least half a dozen times? I can't afford to jump online and order anything new right now.

But seriously, I'll watch any and all wrestling shows basically because I'm addicted to it.

Except for the stuff you listed above?

And wrestling isn't a drug. There's nothing it's doing to you physically to keep you hooked. You can just watch something else that isn't wrestling. Or read a book. Or play video games. Or go outside. Or sit there and be bored for five seconds. What's the point of sitting through two hours of crap to get to the one bit you like? There's a whole wide world out there.

Besides, you have the internet. It's not like anything good that happens isn't going to be put up on YouTube or Dailymotion or some message board where dudes Rapidshare stuff for your convenience. You've already shown the ability to change the channel during a wrestling show under certain circumstances. What's your excuse for the rest?