Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Loss

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going through the USWA compilation DVDs I just got, and my head exploded when I got up to a match from 1991: Rob Zakowski (Rob Van Dam)/Danny Davis vs Dong Cha Mang (Osamu Nishimura)/Chris Candino (Candido).

And another Nishimura match from his USA tour that sounds cool. Nishimura in the US should be a very interesting comp idea

Guest Some Guy

He definitely looked chubbier and less defined. I assume a combination of the Benoit murders and Mysterio's name being linked to so many steroid probes both before and after probably had something to do with that.

I thought the same thing. But, it's not easy for some who is like 5' 2" to be jacked up when he's not on the juice. Afte being named in the Astin cae he would be insane to come back bigger than ever and risk failing a drug test, if he did I bet that Vince would fire him to send a mesage. At Rey's age and with his injury history it would not be a huge loss to WWE and it would be a good way for Vince to prove that he is trying to clean the place up.

The silver paint all over him looked fucking stupid. During his entrance my friend and I were wondering if he had something on him or if it was just wierd lighting. Then the lights came up and we started laughing at him.

It's different and it's a one time thing. I liked it. It's good to get the audience talking about you and stand out some. It's not enough to keep people away from watching Mysterio and it helps him keep his "x" factor. The match itself I unfortunately only watched part of but it was shaping up really nicely. A very, very good match from what I saw.

Cena vs Orton was okay. Strong effort. Is Orton's punt move actually legal? I don't understand why every other wrestler on the roster doesn't use it if it works so well.

Regal dancing was pretty cool.

Guest Some Guy

He looked the smallest he's been since he turned on DX in spring '99.

But, he also looked to be in the best shape he's been in a few years. He was much more trimmed down than he had been.

I figure you guys have the answer to this. I was having a discussion at work today and we were talking about a wrestler used a loaded boot and claimed to need a lift because one leg was shorter than the other. I can almost picture the guy in my head but for the life of me can't remember his name.

So... are there any indy feds even worth investing in right now? I've looked at Chikara several times but the price of the DVDs just turn me off and what I've seen on Youtube just makes it look to spotty and flip flop for my tastes. Most of my wrestling budget goes towards buying Mid-South DVDs and keeping up with New Japan and Dragon's Gate. Is it even worth skipping a few Mid-South DVDs to try Chikara or a couple of other indy promotions?

So... are there any indy feds even worth investing in right now? I've looked at Chikara several times but the price of the DVDs just turn me off and what I've seen on Youtube just makes it look to spotty and flip flop for my tastes. Most of my wrestling budget goes towards buying Mid-South DVDs and keeping up with New Japan and Dragon's Gate. Is it even worth skipping a few Mid-South DVDs to try Chikara or a couple of other indy promotions?

AAA. It's really good right now. And what the difference between Chikara and Dragon Gate besides the comedy? Everytime i've seen Dragon's gate, it's really spotty.

Well, we could find out real easy by piss testing Steven Tyler. But seriously, Cena's a weird case. He supposedly goes around bragging to the other boys that he never uses steroids. Which means either 1.he's got one of the freakier DNA strands I've ever seen, or 2.he's an even bigger liar than most of these guys, since falsely claiming that you don't use drugs to the office or the media is considered "working the gimmick", but doing so to your friends is apparently bad form.