Pro Wrestling Only

Hell in a Cell 2019 - Card is not only subject to change, but is bound to

KawadaSmile

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, it's today ? Holy fuck. I would totally have checked out the women's matches, and then I think we French don't get Agius & Chereau announcing PPVs anymore, so it's a definitive NO from me.

This show doesn't count anyway, the big angle of the brand new FOX era was build toward Bloodsports in Saudia.

The Fiend needs to win or Bray's back to being all talk no action, and Seth needs to lose because *gestures broadly at what a mess he's been as champ*. So I expect them to put over Seth strong and make everyone feel like chumps for ever getting excited about the Funhouse stuff. 

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Probably won't watch much of this with the Nationals playing at the same time but can't wait to see how they fuck up Rollins vs Fiend.  I have a really bad feeling that we are getting one of those "Ambrose losing to an exploding TV" kind of finish

They really just need to have Bray kill him. Maybe unban the piledriver for one night and take Rollins out on a stretcher (and off TV til 2020)

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Wait, it's today ? Holy fuck. I would totally have checked out the women's matches, and then I think we French don't get Agius & Chereau announcing PPVs anymore, so it's a definitive NO from me.

This show doesn't count anyway, the big angle of the brand new FOX era was build toward Bloodsports in Saudia.

As a Quebecer who grew up and had his teenage years with the duo of Ray Rougeau and Jean Brassard on commentary, I strongly resent your stance about French commentators.

Not for nothing, but having a PPV without even bothering to announce the full card was something WCW did during their dying days.  It might be a "Heyman thing" but it's also a stupid thing.

I am home and have full possession of the TV this evening, but three things are giving me serious pause regarding watching this.  Firstly, the undefeated Chiefs are playing the Colts in a rematch of last year's Divisional Playoff on Sunday Night football.  Secondly, tonight is the Season Premiere of The Walking Dead, and as much as that show has fallen off, I really want them to release Negan from custody so he can smash The Whisperers over the head with a barbed-wire baseball bat, and finally...

I did the PWO watch-along for the Hell In A Cell PPV the past two years, and both years it freaking sucked.  BAD.  In fact if I remember correctly, last year they did a non-finish in the Main Event.  A screwjob, inside the structure which was supposedly designed to prevent outside interference. The booking of Hell In A Cell 2018 pissed me off so much, I quit watching WWE PPV's for quite a long time.  In fact, I only started watching them again when I got sick and was confined to the house, and had literally nothing better to do.

On top of that, I agree with @sek69, they pretty much have to put Wyatt over here because if they don't it kills his momentum, and because Seth Rollins is a total failure as the Universal Champion.  But like sek, I get the strong suspicion that they won't do that, because hey this is WWE - why would you make the right decision, listen to the fans and book something intelligently?  I see either Rollins retaining or another stupid inconclusive finish, and that would annoy the hell out of me.

I might just record The Walking Dead, and flip back and forth between Sunday Night Football and Hell In A Cell, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

The Fiend needs to win or Bray's back to being all talk no action, and Seth needs to lose because *gestures broadly at what a mess he's been as champ*. So I expect them to put over Seth strong and make everyone feel like chumps for ever getting excited about the Funhouse stuff. 

I'm genuinely curious what they're going to do. It feels like The Fiend doesn't need a title for his character at all, just like The Undertaker didn't. But now that they've booked themselves into a corner, they have to pull the trigger, right? Otherwise they completely kill the character off... again. And Seth is very obviously not fucking working on top & hasn't for a long time. Dare I say hasn't ever. So they gotta make a change I feel but then you have World Champion Bray The Fiend Wyatt and who is going to unthrone him? Have someone beat him when he's in Bray Wyatt sweater mode instead of The Fiend or something?

Just really odd booking. But I'm down for getting the title off of Seth. They got the other one off of Kofi, so they're half way there.

48 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

As a Quebecer who grew up and had his teenage years with the duo of Ray Rougeau and Jean Brassard on commentary, I strongly resent your stance about French commentators.

Well, I suffered through the mid 90's with Rougeau & Brassard too until I switched to the US broadcast in 1997. Brassard has always sucked. Rougeau was decent when he was working with Guy Hauray, who was awesome, but to me his announcing really dropped when paired with Brassard, who was at very best amusing because he was clueless, but usually simply annoying as fuck. I admit that hearing Rougeau & Brassard call a 2019 match would blow my mind considering last time I've heard them, they were calling some New Rockers vs Godwinns match or something ! 

Agius & Chereau are simply two of the best ever, in any language. It's neither here nor there since there's no PPV with French announcing in France at all anymore.

Just now, SirEdger said:

Aleister Black on a long build would be the best option to dethrone The Fiend. And I feel like it's the only option they have at the moment.

...I wouldn't hate this. That's a strong idea.

Also, bring back this version of Rusev! 

W6yOAmZ.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

So where does Rollins rate as far as bad championship runs? Is he down there with those HHH reigns of terror in the early and mid 00s.

I would say HHH was worse for business and went on longer so he's worse overall?

1 minute ago, FMKK said:

I would say HHH was worse for business and went on longer so he's worse overall?

HHH did really bad for business but that first Rollins run with the belt chased off some ridiculous amount of their audience and they never came back. I want to say they lost something like a third of their audience during Rollins first run.

52 minutes ago, El-P said:

Well, I suffered through the mid 90's with Rougeau & Brassard too until I switched to the US broadcast in 1997. Brassard has always sucked. Rougeau was decent when he was working with Guy Hauray, who was awesome, but to me his announcing really dropped when paired with Brassard, who was at very best amusing because he was clueless, but usually simply annoying as fuck. I admit that hearing Rougeau & Brassard call a 2019 match would blow my mind considering last time I've heard them, they were calling some New Rockers vs Godwinns match or something ! 

Agius & Chereau are simply two of the best ever, in any language. It's neither here nor there since there's no PPV with French announcing in France at all anymore.

But it will never top the team of Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier together. 

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

But it will never top the team of Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier together. 

I dunno. Hauray & Carpentier basically made me a pro-wrestling fan. I mean, without them to make some JIP Snuka vs Haku match look like the coolest thing ever, I wouldn't be on this board talking nonsense. I still uses some of their famous phrases when I'm around my father. I'm not sure how some of their stuff aged. For the people who became fan since the 00's, I know Agius & Chereau are basically iconic and they sure do a terrific job. I was a huge Guy Hauray fan, mostly. Can't believe he became some kind of bullshit "neuro-coach" ! :lol: (then again, he totally had the charisma and promo ability to sell you any kind of shit and you'd buy it !)

(sorry for hitchjacking the thread)

I would definitely enjoy watching Cross & Bliss vs Kabuki Warriors. Fuck you WWE for cancelling the PPVs on TV !