Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/07 - 10/13 Mamma Mia Nigel! The crowd is turning on Seth much like [REDACTED COMPARISON]

KawadaSmile

Since I was intrigued by WALTER vs Kushida, I watched a bunch of matches from NXT. It's hard. After ten minutes of hearing Mauro, I'm nearly in a panic attack mode.

Really enjoyed Gulak vs Rush. Both look really strong workers.

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott is a terrible, terrible name, especially when your real name is Shane Strickland. That being said, The Messiah of Backbreakers from the Undisputed Era just makes me lose IQ points every time either of these names are mentionned. This match is the picture perfect illustration of why I don't care about WWE style. I've seen Strickland have some terrific brawl in LU and interesting, solid matches in MLW. This was neither. A bunch of cool moves without any kind of story, and not very exciting either. Mauro dropping the most useless Nick Cave reference (Red Right Hand WHY THE FUCK ? THE GUY DOESN'T EVEN WEAR WHITE NOTHING ON HIS WRISTS OR HAND YOU DUMB FUCK !!!!) in history is exactly why this guy makes me want to slap the fuck out of him. And really, no 50 years old nerdy white guy should try to drop hip-hop reference in a "check my street cred" way.

I like Bianca Belair. Match wasn't good.

WALTER vs .... "In the name of MF DOOM" OH SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!!! WHERE IS JBL WHEN YOU NEED HIM !!! Seriously, Mauro is unbearable. After watching three matches, I was only wishing to stop watching this. So honestly I did not enjoy this match as much as I should. It was really good. It would have been a hundred times better in Japan with Kevin Kelly calling the match. Honestly, I pretty much muted the match.

Mauro is worst than Mark Madden in term of making me want to NOT WATCH a match. Seriously. I'm not touching any NXT anymore, it's just bad for my nerves.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, El-P said:

Since I was intrigued by WALTER vs Kushida, I watched a bunch of matches from NXT. It's hard. After ten minutes of hearing Mauro, I'm nearly in a panic attack mode.

Really enjoyed Gulak vs Rush. Both look really strong workers.

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott is a terrible, terrible name, especially when your real name is Shane Strickland. That being said, The Messiah of Backbreakers from the Undisputed Era just makes me lose IQ points every time either of these names are mentionned. This match is the picture perfect illustration of why I don't care about WWE style. I've seen Strickland have some terrific brawl in LU and interesting, solid matches in MLW. This was neither. A bunch of cool moves without any kind of story, and not very exciting either. Mauro dropping the most useless Nick Cave reference (Red Right Hand WHY THE FUCK ? THE GUY DOESN'T EVEN WEAR WHITE NOTHING ON HIS WRISTS OR HAND YOU DUMB FUCK !!!!) in history is exactly why this guy makes me want to slap the fuck out of him. And really, no 50 years old nerdy white guy should try to drop hip-hop reference in a "check my street cred" way.

I like Bianca Belair. Match wasn't good.

WALTER vs .... "In the name of MF DOOM" OH SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!!! WHERE IS JBL WHEN YOU NEED HIM !!! Seriously, Mauro is unbearable. After watching three matches, I was only wishing to stop watching this. So honestly I did not enjoy this match as much as I should. It was really good. It would have been a hundred times better in Japan with Kevin Kelly calling the match. Honestly, I pretty much muted the match.

Mauro is worst than Mark Madden in term of making me want to NOT WATCH a match. Seriously. I'm not touching any NXT anymore, it's just bad for my nerves.

You need to get out of the PWO bubble and realise that everyone else on earth except us thinks he's God's gift to commentary 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, DMJ said:

It will also make certain picks seem ridiculous. Clearly, if this were not kayfabe, Seth Rollins would be the opposite of a good pick. He's a ratings killer and I doubt he even sells 3/4ths of the merch that The New Day do. Sure, he's the Universal Champion - but that title felt instantly less important than the WWE Championship the second Lesnar pinned Kofi. . 

Seth is such ratings poison they should draft him to AEW Dynamite as sabotage

4 minutes ago, FMKK said:

You need to get out of the PWO bubble and realise that everyone else on earth except us thinks he's God's gift to commentary 

There was a tiny mention in last week's Observer about how Maruo's style is "polarizing", which tells me that more folks than just us are tiring of him. But in general you're correct, of course.

Just now, ...TG said:

There was a tiny mention in last week's Observer about how Maruo's style is "polarizing", which tells me that more folks than just us are tiring of him. But in general you're correct, of course.

Well I was just referencing C.S.'s spirited Mauro defence from the other week. But yeah, I was surprised that Dave included that because he's usually super high on him. I was surprised to see that Cornette thinks he's great as well.

39 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

She literally tweeted this while the Saudi press conference was ongoing. Seeing such blatant shamelessness while the NBA is being ripped to shreds for far less is both hilarious and depressing. By the way, Brock vs. Cain and Braun vs. Tyson Fury are both official for Crown Jewel. Are you excited yet?

I mean.....she has to be trolling at this point, right? I know she has a history for being clueless, but at some point it seems like she's just fucking with everyone doing this.

I wish Mauro was commentating this. (I started typing this, lost track of my thought, and don't remember what I was going to say. But I'll keep it anyway for posterity.)

4 minutes ago, ...TG said:

I was going to post something contra C.S. about how this match is not pointless, then the sports entertainment finish happened and there you go. I was actually enjoying it, especially the spear counter. 

Well, aside from Wyatt, it was still pointless because you had Roman and a geek fighting over which brand gets first draft pick, when neither were guaranteed to be on those brands five minutes later.

(Obviously, as we now know, Roman is staying with Smackdown. But still...)