Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 2 - 9th October 2019

FMKK

Darby Allin vs Jimmy Havoc - Number One Contenders Match

Jon Moxley vs Shawn Spears w/Tully Blanchard

Dustin Rhodes and Hangman Adam Page vs Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara

Live from Boston.

One issue the show may have is that it could be moved for some baseball game on TNT. There's currently a listing of AEW in it's usual TNT slot and also on TruTV, presumably in case it gets bumped. I'm not American and don't follow baseball so I don't know what the likelihood of an overrun game is or whether TruTV is a big downgrade but something to be aware of if you're watching on US TV tonight.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably gonna overlapse but they can feel lucky it's not a Yankees game. Yankees game are PAINFULLY long, even more in the postseason. They rarely go less than 4 hours but since they've swept the Twins (unless I'm mistaken) so it shouldn't be that bad for you, guys.

36 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Baseball playoffs are on TNT and TBS, if the afternoon game runs long, AEW might get bumped. You can never tell with baseball, if it goes into extra innings it could be an all night affair.

The game was scheduled for 5:30 - 8:30 on TBS.    History int his series has shown that Braves vs Cardinals is going to go long.  So 8:30 is going to be interesting.  Actually 8 is going to be interesting because having to cut of in the middle of the show is really awful

But not as awful as all of these Ryback to AEW rumors based on that goofy YouTube video.  I almost want to see it to see everyone that completely shit on in the WWE tell us how great he actually was.

So I guess the decision is that if there is a over-run that AEW will be on TruTV and Nationals vs Dodgers will be on TBS.   Still don't get if they are determining this at 8 or actually going to switch channels in the middle of the show

I look forward to Meltzer telling people that getting bumped to this channel is actually a good thing because they are a better network than TBS.   Even when I am sure they didn't know that TruTV exists.

Actually, I believe that TNT is contractually obligated to take the spillover of MLB postseason games if one game overlapses on the other's starting time. Either way, I'm happy it won't be an issue for us in Canada tonight. Back in the days when RAW used to be pre-empted because of the freakin Westminster Dog Show or tennis, it used to drive me nuts.

31 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Actually, I believe that TNT is contractually obligated to take the spillover of MLB postseason games if one game overlapses on the other's starting time. Either way, I'm happy it won't be an issue for us in Canada tonight. Back in the days when RAW used to be pre-empted because of the freakin Westminster Dog Show or tennis, it used to drive me nuts.

Don’t forget the bigger curling tournaments.  Back in the very distant past I recall Stampede wrestling on TSN getting bumped all the time.  While it was never presented as live I specifically remember some show interrupted by the announcement that Ben Johnson had tested positive for steroids and stripped of the world record and the Olympic gold medal.  This was the first time he was caught...and there is at least two more times this would happen.