Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Presents Crown Jewel: Halloween Pumpkin Spice Edition

KawadaSmile

They mentioned at the Q3 investor conference deal that they expected to have a Middle East TV deal in place by now, and there was a story that came out a few days ago on how the Saudi government was dragging their feet on a deal they had with Canada to pay them for military equipment.  So it kind of lines up that perhaps Vince was pissed they didn't have a TV deal and got into a dick waving contest  with the Prince.

If any of that turns out to be close to what happened, the talent should be furious to be left  behind  stuck in a potentially hostile foreign country when Vince and his crew got themselves their own plane and bounced. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Heyman was one of the smarter guys in the room for getting a flight home as quickly as possible. I'm sure he didn't regret missing the opportunity to hear about a situation where a promoter didn't come through with paying.

Anyways, i've seen a translation saying that Hugo used 300m as a "let's just make up a number for the story" number.. muchos gracias por eso, Hugo... The concept of pulling the show off the air in Saudi is disputed by at least one person in that country.

So, maybe mechanical problems were actual mechanical problems. Maybe mechanical problems are "somebody took our keys and we can't start the engine to leave"

The concept of Vince McMahon deciding to fuck around with a guy who has had people murdered would be a very Vince story. Only way this whole thing would be weirder is if the WWE was holding shows in Gaddafi-era Libya and Vince McMahon did something to piss off Moammar Gaddafi on the way out of town.

25 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Paul Heyman was one of the smarter guys in the room for getting a flight home as quickly as possible. I'm sure he didn't regret missing the opportunity to hear about a situation where a promoter didn't come through with paying.

Anyways, i've seen a translation saying that Hugo used 300m as a "let's just make up a number for the story" number.. muchos gracias por eso, Hugo... The concept of pulling the show off the air in Saudi is disputed by at least one person in that country.

So, maybe mechanical problems were actual mechanical problems. Maybe mechanical problems are "somebody took our keys and we can't start the engine to leave"

The concept of Vince McMahon deciding to fuck around with a guy who has had people murdered would be a very Vince story. Only way this whole thing would be weirder is if the WWE was holding shows in Gaddafi-era Libya and Vince McMahon did something to piss off Moammar Gaddafi on the way out of town.

Mechanical issues seems unrealistic though. Surely the Saudis have more planes in their possession they could throw WWE's way if needed. And the other group who tried to charter a separate flight also weren't able to make it on time.

We don't have the full story by any means but there's got to be something more going on here.

A billion dollar company in a country with basically infinite money at their disposal, and no one can find another plane for nearly a whole day? Especially when the upper echelon folks were able to?  The current official explanation doesn't hold up to even the smallest amount of scrutiny. 

Wouldn't the issue involve how many people have to be moved out of there? The Atlas Air flight they took from Riyadh was a 747. Also this might be wandering in the weeds, would they be transporting a disassembled ring on the plane ride back or do they just keep a wrestling ring in storage in Saudi Arabia now?

So while the Saudi government has amassed a private jet collection recently. Transporting that many people on a 12hr+ flight probably isn't something you do by flying every gulfstream possible out of Saudi Arabia.

4 minutes ago, MoS said:
"Trying to get video from talent" does not sound good at all. 

What a mess. This is embarrassing on all accounts. The talent should get together and make a statement against the company which has put them at risk and is now asking them to lie to cover for it, while the boss flew the fuck away.

Sleep with dogs, wake up with flies. Karma is a bitch.

If something like what is rumoured really happened, I am stunned that Steph would still come out and plug the history-making women's match. I mean, yeah, sure you want to pat yourself on the back, but if your wrestlers were delayed simply because the Saudis got pissed and you are lying about it, then why would you even mention the Saudi show on air or draw attention to it in any way? 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

If something like what is rumoured really happened, I am stunned that Steph would still come out and plug the history-making women's match.

Come on. "9/11 was like the attack on my family !". "Charity is the new PR". She's basically a sociopath. :lol:

7 minutes ago, MoS said:

If something like what is rumoured really happened, I am stunned that Steph would still come out and plug the history-making women's match. I mean, yeah, sure you want to pat yourself on the back, but if your wrestlers were delayed simply because the Saudis got pissed and you are lying about it, then why would you even mention the Saudi show on air or draw attention to it in any way? 

the Cain/Brock and Fiend/Rollins clips from Crown Jewel were more "let's eat up some time".. the Stephanie thing.. eh.. yeah. I'll invest my money in people saying that Stephanie did that speech because the Atlas Air flight hadn't taken off by the time she was out there.

Who's the early leader in "first person from the Crown Jewel 2019 trip to do a shoot about it after leaving the WWE"? Ziggler or Ryder would be easy picks. Maybe Gallows or Anderson.

Also, who's the betting favorite for "First person from Crown Jewel to get a raise to keep them happy and quiet". Refer to previous list.

15 minutes ago, El-P said:

Come on. "9/11 was like the attack on my family !". "Charity is the new PR". She's basically a sociopath. :lol:

Well 9/11 is an attack on family. Not what she said though. She said it was like HOW the steroid trial was an attack on her family, that made it an absurd statement.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

It's a shame Axel, Harper, and others don't band together and sue the fuck out of WWE. 

The issue is that Vince is an all time great bullshitter. Anyone going to him complaining will end up leaving the office convinced they'll main event the next 10 Wrestlemanias. 

13 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Harper is an all-time missed opportunity, but I do wonder how Curtis Axel would fare outside WWE. AEW somehow managed to make Jake Hager - of all people - interesting, so anything is possible...

You would think a third generation wrestler who's decent in the ring would be a no brainer, but instead we got Michael McGullicutty and the B-Team.