Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Presents Crown Jewel: Halloween Pumpkin Spice Edition

KawadaSmile

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SaudiMania I was kind of disappointing (Braun winning the "greatest" rumble sucked), but II was a blast and III was mostly solid.  Now I'm looking forward to SaudiMania IV, even if there is a lack of legends competing like the previous with no Taker, HHH, or Shane who had worked all these events so far.

56 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Because like it or not it's a major event now since the Saudis want it to be on the level of a Wrestlemania. 

It can be a major event, but if only 1-2 people here are watching it, it won't be much of a thread - outside of people ridiculing this whole thing without actually watching it.

Remember Super Showdown?  I was stuck in bed when that show happened, so I watched it and was the only one who was live posting here at PWO while it happened.  That show sucked like few shows have ever sucked before.  Luckily I'm no longer bedridden but even if I was, there's no way in hell I'd ever fall for that again.  You couldn't pay me to watch another one of those Saudi Arabia shows again.  I don't remember ever hearing about one actual good match that has ever happened on one of those shows. And it's not because I have some big moral objection to them going to Saudi Arabia, I really don't care about that.  I just don't like stuff that sucks.

I don't think these shows are viewed by many people at all which, even with a stacked card, make them not major events.

Granted, the two main events for this show are much more intriguing to me than a DX reunion or even Goldberg/Taker was, but I'm certainly not going to be tuning in live and will most definitely be fast-forwarding through the rest of the card to get to those two matches. 

But I do watch the regular PPVs, in their entirety, generally a couple days after they happen. Part of that is just the OCD in me, but also, its because these Saudi shows, no matter the card, no matter the stakes, are still ultra-glorified house shows in my eyes. Someone else even described them as not being canon. Maybe that changes if Cain wins the title, but they still seem like they're less "must see" than even Hell in the Cell was. I know, as I type that, how insane that is - but in a weird way its still true to me.

The only drama to me about Cain Velasquez is whether he's sticking around or if this is a one-off.

Strowman/Fury is interesting because I'm a sucker for boxer vs. wrestler matchups. I'll be stunned if Fury loses though.

The rest is meh. I never liked a tag team turmoil match even in my best days.

Multi year deal means nothing to me. They claimed that Ronda Rousey signed a multi year deal, and although its possible she'll return, she hasn't yet. 

Also, the sense I get is that Cain Velasquez would be happy working in the Mexican promotions, so if he found something he didn't like about the WWE, I can easily see him leave.

Despite his credentials and despite the fact WWE has quite a few guys with less than ideal physiques, Cain looking the way he does is really bad. If you didn't see him fight in the UFC, there is nothing impressive about him coming out and staring down monster heels. Tyson Fury looks much better and more credible, and he's probably only doing one match. 

Completely agree.

Not only is his appearance unimpressive - kinda reminds me of Baron Von Raschke - but I'm also going to admit that I don't view him as a "star" on the same level as other MMA or boxers they've brought in over the past few years. With Brock, you had a guy who had dominated the WWE when he came in, then left and proven he was the real deal in the UFC, then came back an even bigger star. With Ronda Rousey, you have the most famous female MMA fighter in the history of the sport, a woman who had totally broken through to the mainstream. With Floyd Mayweather, you had a self-promoting, media-grabbing machine who was the most famous boxer in the world and did not let anyone forget it. 

Like I said, I'm excited about this match because I'm really curious about what it will look like. But Cain Velasquez being a main eventer in the WWE moving forward? I don't see it. This match against Lesnar is just about the only one I am interested in. Granted, I haven't seen his other matches and I know people said he looked great, so maybe Velasquez/Reigns or Velasquez/Bryan would be fantastic matches...but I fear that, if you look at the rosters and consider Velasquez a babyface, we're more likely going to see him feuding with Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler anyway.