Pro Wrestling Only

The Cancellation of Jim Cornette

fakeplastictrees

Cornette not liking the Kabuki Warriors' promos is even funnier because he also said that he thinks Seth has become a great "personality" over the years - as opposed to when he was Black and was just a great wrestler. I dunno what WWE he has watched in the last 5 years, cuz while Seth definitely has a 'personality', it is so annoying in the main event that I propose X-Pac heat be renamed to Seth Rollins heat.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

Yeah, he's Russo now.

Not exactly; he was saying that WWE were portraying them in a very racist manner. Which, I mean there is definitely stereotyping involved, but they have been awesome. 

4 minutes ago, MoS said:

Not exactly; he was saying that WWE were portraying them in a very racist manner. Which, I mean there is definitely stereotyping involved, but they have been awesome. 

Oh, ok. Understood.

I've only seen Asuka lately during the MITB match and she was clearly the best part of the match.

One of the things about Jim Cornette that I find hilarious is that, in a lot of ways he is a walking contradiction.  The way he talks and acts, you'd expect him to be a hardcore Republican or supporter of Donald Trump...but he is anything but.

He grew up in the Bible Belt/South and is vocally proud of that, but despises religion and mocks anybody who believes in God.

He owns a gun but complains endlessly about the NRA.

He goes on and on about Women's rights, and generously supports supports the "Crusade for Children" charity...and then makes comments right out of the 1950's about Becky Lynch and childbearing and children in general. 

He made the infamous "Fried Chicken joke" and has no problem taking shots at the AEW Women's division for having too many Japanese women...but he has been very vocal about Asuka's gimmick being racist in nature. 

He says some of the most inflammatory shit imaginable...the Dana Brooke comments spring to mind as a recent example...but then takes a bunch of people to task for using the term "retard" as it's offensive to people with intellectual disabilities. 

He gets criticized for making a comment which is seen as "encouraging suicide" on Twitter, but breaks down in tears when relaying a story about a fan whose Brother killed himself. Then he spends months promoting a call in/online Mental Health clinic.

He's either working a lot of the time and saying outrageous stuff to further his gimmick, or he is one of the least self aware public figures I've ever seen.

In other Jim Cornette news...the latest Pro Wrestler to try and engage Cornette on Twitter and take him to task is...Lio Rush. This isn't going to be pretty, if Rush is actually committed to following through on this.

Untitled-1.jpg

The fact that Rush is one of those geniuses who can't seem to figure out the difference between "their" and "there" doesn't bode well for his chances in a war of words with Jim Cornette.

Won't respond to your series of increasingly embarrassing posts in this thread or interject in your heated squabble with El-P, but thanks for explaining the origin of my frequent nosebleeds. B)

Anyway...

3 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

In other Jim Cornette news...the latest Pro Wrestler to try and engage Cornette on Twitter and take him to task is...Lio Rush. This isn't going to be pretty, if Rush is actually committed to following through on this.

Can you link? I'm on Rush's Twitter and can't find the post(s).

19 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

The fact that Rush is one of those geniuses who can't seem to figure out the difference between "their" and "there" doesn't bode well for his chances in a war of words with Jim Cornette.

Spelling mistakes have *nothing* to do *at all* with intelligence. Takes that from a guy with a masters degree in research in language science who worked especially on the notion of "mistakes" in the context of language learning.

See, that's a condescending post, for instance. Still true though. It has nothing to do with intelligence at all. So there...

Just now, sek69 said:

Other than the name, I don't really see what's inherently racist about the Kabuki Warriors gimmick, and even the name I would consider more lazy than anything. 

Yeah, of all the terribly racist gimmicks and representations that Pro Wrestling has been guilty of over the years, the Kabuki Warriors thing never struck me as particularly offensive or insensitive. Then again, I'm a middle aged white guy, so I'm not exactly an authority on what is and isn't racially offensive.

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

Spelling mistakes have *nothing* to do *at all* with intelligence. Takes that from a guy with a masters degree in research in language science who worked especially on the notion of "mistakes" in the context of language learning.

See, that's a condescending post, for instance. Still true though. It has nothing to do with intelligence at all. So there...

So I guess we're not going to agree to disagree and drop this whole thing, huh?

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

So I guess we're not going to agree to disagree and let this whole thing drop, huh?

Yes we are. Just busting your balls on this one.

Still true though. But hey, nothing personal, I used to make the same kind of remarks before learning I was dead wrong.

9 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I went back and posted a screen shot, so you could see it.

As far as the nosebleeds, just tilt your head back. :lol:

You know I'm just busting your balls @C.S., even though you're a Mauro Ranallo fan, you're still a Good Brother.

No worries. :) I'm on a cousins' group chat that's 1000x more savage than anything on this board. 

As for Lio Rush, I think he comes across as far more intelligent and, well, stable than Jim Cornette.

I also think he comes across as the better of the two in his war of words with Mark Henry. The World's Strongest Man has now resorted to threatening a lawsuit after telling Lio he should've carried people's bags because that's what "paying your dues" is all about...or something. 

I love Henry too, and I hope they mend fences, but I'm siding with Lio here.

Just now, El-P said:

Spelling mistakes have *nothing* to do *at all* with intelligence. Takes that from a guy with a masters degree in language science who worked especially on the notion of "mistakes" in language learning. 

I will agree with this. Even though I am a stickler for good spelling and grammar, some of the most intelligent people I know are absolutely atrocious when it comes to that. 

3 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Yeah, of all the terribly racist gimmicks and representations that Pro Wrestling has been guilty of over the years, the Kabuki Warriors thing never struck me as particularly offensive or insensitive. Then again, I'm a middle aged white guy, so I'm not exactly an authority on what is and isn't racially offensive.

I was always hoping they'd lean into it more and say/imply Auska was the heir to the Great Kabuki legacy when she started using the mist.

I don't disagree that poor spelling isn't necessarily an indicator of intelligence.  However, I am also of the opinion that if you are choosing to challenge somebody in writing, especially in a public forum like Social Media, it's also not a bad idea to ensure that you use accurate spelling and grammar...if  you want to be taken seriously. 

I admit that I might be showing my age with that comment.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

But if my speculating about that hurt some people's feelings and they need to lie down for a little while in their safe space with a cold cloth on their forehead or something, it's okay. I understand.

Shit like this needs to get the fuck off this forum.

We're all grown ass adults. We should act like it. Even if we're arguing over professional wrestling. 

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

Please spare me the righteous indignation.  I'm surprised you all aren't getting nosebleeds, way up there on your moral high ground.

I clearly said, I don't blame Seth Rollins for being angry about what Cornette said about Becky.  

But if my speculating about that hurt some people's feelings and they need to lie down for a little while in their safe space with a cold cloth on their forehead or something, it's okay. I understand.

I didn't realise you were Something Savage as well. Unless you're getting offended and having a go at me on his behalf, which doesn't vibe with the 'these snowflakes and their safe spaces' BS tbh.

18 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Shit like this needs to get the fuck off this forum.

We're all grown ass adults. We should act like it.

You're not the boss of me.

12 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I didn't realise you were Something Savage as well. Unless you're getting offended and having a go at me on his behalf, which doesn't vibe with the 'these snowflakes and their safe spaces' BS tbh.

If your (and other) comments weren't directed at me, then I overreacted. I made comments that were somewhat critical of Seth Rollins and found the ensuing response to be pretty haughty, especially considering the fact that I don't think I said anything all that out of line.  I felt I was only speculating about Rollins mindset regarding his response to Cornette and didn't think I was terribly out of line in doing so. In the interest of full disclosure, I do really like @SomethingSavage and find that I tend to agree with him 99.9% of the time...but no, I wasn't attempting to argue on his behalf.  I was reacting as if the comments were made toward me.  SomethingSavage is perfectly capable of defending himself and doesn't need me advocating on his behalf. In retrospect my reaction was obviously defensive and prickly, because I really didn't think I'd written anything that justified the judgmental response. I'm not going to go back and erase what I posted, because I don't think that would help the situation, honestly. But if my reaction angered or insulted anybody here, then I apologize.

Except to @El-P, screw that guy. :P

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I think the quarantine is starting to get to us here. 

We've been deconfined for a week already in France. 8 weeks of quarantine. I could have used more. Now there's people and cars everywhere, it's disgusting. B)

4 minutes ago, El-P said:

We've been deconfined for a week already in France. 8 weeks of quarantine. I could have used more. Now there's people and cars everywhere, it's disgusting. B)

Are you able to get a haircut in France now?  Because everything is still closed here.  I ended up shaving my head using the electric clippers we use to groom the dog, and it did not go well. Things you never want to hear after giving yourself a haircut: "Well, it's not TOO crooked."

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Are you able to get a haircut in France now?  Because everything is still closed here.

Since the beginning of this week yes. During the quarantine, no. I never gave a fuck, I'm basically "shaving" my hair every ten days at worst anyway.

Fun fact : my mind is so polluted by pro-wrestling that I doubt I ever shaved my hair and not think, for a few seconds at least, about some hair shaving stipulations, like Chavo's in WCW or Jarret in WWF (which wasn't worth a shit since he never was shaved, really). Yep. 30 years of pro-wrestling do that to your head (in many ways).