Pro Wrestling Only

Backlash 2020 - The one with the GREATEST MATCH EVER

KawadaSmile

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won the Royal Rumble, beat the "Final Boss" Brock Lesnar to win the World Title, lots of fun matches. Drew is deserving of candidacy. Championships, accolades, and in-ring performance are what I look at. Cody Rhodes & Kenny Omega are deserving as well off the top of my head.

Drew's not quite wrestler of the year (hell, if we are sticking to main roster WWE, I'd rate Bryan, Baszler, Gulak and Cesaro comfortable ahead of him), but he's a likable top babyface and that's more important for WWE than having another wrestler who can churn MOTYCs every few weeks. 

I'm not against campy wrestling segments like this, but this really is crap and making these kind of matches lose their uniqueness. 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Edge def has become a much better promo than he was in his prime run. Just playing himself instead of "Rated R Ultimate Opportunist" probably helps.

Probably also helps that he has a decade of legitimate acting under his belt.

For 2020 Wrestler of the Year Candidates I have: Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, Masato Tanaka, Yuji Okabayashi, Drew McIntyre, & Kento Miyahara. CV messed up David Starr, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, Will Ospreay, and the momentum of others. 

For 2020 Best Worker, I would have Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, Cesaro, Masato Tanaka, Yuji Okabayashi, David Starr was up there too. Those are all off the top of my head. AJ Styles seems to be getting back on track as well.