Backlash 2020 - The one with the GREATEST MATCH EVER

KawadaSmile

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Piping in so much crowd noise in such a sloppy way is really drawing attention to the fact that it's actually an empty arena match. It's a shame cuz I am liking the actual match. 

They've never been able to do fake crowd noise in a natural way, it was always SUPER obvious on 80s TV, and was one of the things WCW always seemed to be better at in the 90s. 

The piped in crowd noise making dozens of people sound like WM 3, Lil' Naitch dressed like the generic ref from an 80s WWF game, using the Fink's voice when they couldn't be bothered to put him on TV for DECADES because he committed the cardinal sin of not being young and/or female, this is WWE basically making fun of anyone who took what they were selling seriously.

Sucks even more that it's so far been a really good match that I can't help feel the company is mocking you for liking it. 

Just now, MoS said:

I am feeling bad for Orton and Edge cuz this match has actually been good and they clearly put a lot of effort into it, but the experience is being detracted by something completely beyond their control. 

Yeah this whole thing is like some weird attempt to transfer heat and make the company the heel for how this is presented so people don't get mad at the wrestlers.

Just now, C.S. said:

Not sure why all of you are so distracted by the hokey marketing - the match has been very good and I've found it very easy to enjoy it on its own terms. 

Cosign.  Not even troubled by the production.  That may change when it affects every match on every card, but as a one off, much like AJ/Taker, I'm in.

I mean, it's not offensively terrible like the the Street Profits/Viking Raiders match was, but the production is just distracting enough to take away from what so far has been a very good match and didn't need any of this bullshit.