Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - July 22, 2020

MoS

19 minutes ago, MoS said:

I read somewhere that Shark Boy was the challenger, which would certainly be something

That's at least plausible, since Mox said it made him very pleased - wasn't Shark Boy an HWA / Les Thatcher guy forever, and wasn't that where Mox trained?

1 hour ago, Migs said:

That's at least plausible, since Mox said it made him very pleased - wasn't Shark Boy an HWA / Les Thatcher guy forever, and wasn't that where Mox trained?

Shark Boy definitely trained under Les Thatcher. I actually am not sure where Mox cut his teeth.

Lance Archer putting a jobber through the ceiling was awesome. 

This is my first time seeing Ivelesse. I know she has backstage issues but she is clearly great. Them having her put over someone on her debut is probably at least partially due to those backstage issues. 

Well he didn't, but with Sammy returning, it makes sense. 

Really loved this episode, more than the last several episodes. Just a different level of energy, starting right with Kingston cutting an incredible promo. He better get signed immediately if he is not already signed. 

Yeah, it was one of the great Dynamite episodes. Hard to believe last week's show was the live one and this was taped in terms of urgency and dynamism.  

Kingson came across as must sign to be me.

Ivelisse's performance was pretty listless and sad. Came across as carrying injuries that hobbled her for forever and/or not being able to pay for the surgery required. I know she totally flamed out of her Performance Center tryout in April 2019 before anyone put the screws to her. She's largely shot. Time moves on.

Eddie MF'n Kingston!!

I avoided spoilers and was legit surprised by that.  Been a fan of his for like 15 years going back to his days in Chikara.  Totally fits Mox's tease of "hardcore fans will be excited".  No offense to Shark Boy but that would have been a massive letdown.  Great booking leading off the show hot with that match.  Great selling of the leg by Kingston throughout the match.  Loved Eddie jaw jacking with Arn throughout.

Loved the brawl between The Bucks and Butcher & Blade, starting off in the kitchen of course.  Some pretty unneccesary spots for TV, but the Bucks clearly like these guys and wanted to give them a memorable match.  Butcher & Blade might be lowkey my favorite team in AEW right now, which speaks to how strong that division is.  At any given point it's one of a half dozen teams I'm digging the most

AEW has been on a roll of good shows lately.  The roster is overloaded, but it's working in their favor right now because nobody is getting overexposed

From what I saw of the show, I really liked most of this week's Dynamite except for the awful Young Bucks match.

What the fuck was that shit? It was screaming at you every five seconds "THIS IS CLEVER" and wrestling is never clever when it's so fucking on the nose. Some super corn ball shit. The Bucks may as well jerked off in front of the camera for half an hour, the outcome would have been the same.