WWE TV 08/03 - 08/09 Giannis is a future back to back MVP

KawadaSmile

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, dunno what happened to the Bucks during clutch time. There were three straight possessions were they just shut down. A 5 point lead turned into a 2 point deficit in less than one minute, it was wild.

Shame, tho. Brook Lopez was bullying his way into the paint pretty easily. Choked their way into an L.

It's too early to tell, but given the last few games, it might be Houston's year this time. He Warriors are a shadow of what they used to be and the Rockets have done well in clutch situations in back to back games, and clutch play was one of their biggest perceived drawbacks the last couple of years. 

1 minute ago, NintendoLogic said:

He'd be a better champion than Braun tbh.

If he decides to be the chickenshit heel instead of the playboy who outwrestlers Kurt Angle, no question about it.

I mean, Shane McMahon is better than Braun at most things when it comes to pro wrestling, if we're being completely honest with ourselves.

I know Shane has his fans - he's easily the most well-liked/sympathetic l;lo;of the McMahons, even in kayfabe - but I'm suspecting that the segment will end with Orton either punting him or hitting him with an RKO as a way to further the feud with McIntyre (because McIntyre and Shane were previously in an alliance).

And, again, I'm gonna call it shit booking and the writers/Vince clearly not understanding their audience or learning from past mistakes.

One of the reasons the Orton/HHH feud building up to WrestleMania 25 was such a flop was because the whole thing was booked as if people love the McMahons (HHH included). They don't. You can't be presented on-screen as heels 99% of the time and expect sympathy. When Orton punted Stephanie? Cheers. When Orton attacked Vince? Cheers. Going into WrestleMania 25, there was no real desire for Orton to get any sort of comeuppance because Triple H, another guy who spent his peak years as a heel, wasn't defending the honor of his innocent wife and powerless father-in-law - he was defending the honor of the two biggest, most powerful heels of the past 25 years. And Orton was literally in the Stone Cold role. 

Tonight, it should be McIntyre who delivers a Claymore that oblierates Shane into next year. That is what a bad-ass, no-nonsense, cool babyface would do. I don't recall Drew and Shane ever being split, but that alliance was based on Shane being a manipulative heel, right? Using his power and influence to convince McIntyre to do his bidding? Drew and Shane being buddy-buddy would be like someone trying to get hipster cred buddying up to Don Trump Jr. 

They're lucky there won't be a true live crowd at SummerSlam because if they go with Orton attacking Shane, it would've been Randy getting the massive cheers on PPV and McIntyre needing an immediate heel turn.

6 minutes ago, cm funk said:

oh yeah, I hadn't even thought about what the crowd reactions would be like right now.  I'm sure Orton would be massively over at this point and half the crowd would be turning on Drew by now

As for Shane?  LOL

Yes for Orton being over - he's excellent on the mic and had some nice lines - but I dunno about people turning on Drew. He feels comfortable enough in his role and his script doesn't feature horrible lines like Sparkle Crotch or Sufferin' Succotash. He feels like a badass face champ, which is good for a change.

Oh, I think Drew would be doing fine right now. I just think having him rescue/avenge the beating of a McMahon would be the quickest way to make sure that wasn't the case.

I'm not sure what would be worse about The Undisputed Era possibly coming to RAW. On one hand, I know I've criticized the WWE for not treating their call-ups like big deals and it'd be hypocritical to not criticize them if they bring UE up just to be another Lucha House Party. On the other hand, I would very much be in favor of them getting treated as seriously as SaNity because I'm pretty tired of UE being booked like a dominant heel faction. Adam Cole is like a Seth Rollins mini-me and Street Profits/reDRagon (Fish & O'Reilly) is not necessarily something I'm dying to see revisited (even if I thought their match at Takeover: Toronto was quite good). 

I know I've beat this drum too much, but UE coming in to "invade" the main roster just seems unrealistic when they genuinely look like guys Ryback used to beat in handicap matches 8 years ago. Are we really supposed to believe Adam Cole is a threat to a Drew McIntyre or Bobby Lashley, let alone a Brock Lesnar? I like Roderick Strong and even Kyle O'Reilly, but yeah, as a stable, I'm not interested in seeing them just do what they did in NXT.

4 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Maybe this a stretch but kinda telling they think bringing back Shane instead of HHH/Steph will help ratings more. Although I expect the latter will be back soon enough

To me it shows they view Shane as the expendable McMahon they can put in the Covid Pit and not lose anything of value. 

Also a faction is supposed to be debuting and WWE is already putting out "leaks" stating it's not political and only involves WWE. With that kind of disclaimer it makes me think MVP's group is going to go full Nation of Domination. 

40 minutes ago, sek69 said:

To me it shows they view Shane as the expendable McMahon they can put in the Covid Pit and not lose anything of value. 

Also a faction is supposed to be debuting and WWE is already putting out "leaks" stating it's not political and only involves WWE. With that kind of disclaimer it makes me think MVP's group is going to go full Nation of Domination. 

They said it would be a new stable. Technically, the Hurt Business has already been around for a few weeks now.

Maybe they're going to call-up the Babatunde guy?

I know he made an appearance at one of the Saudi Arabia shows (didn't see it, but read about it) and he seems like the kind of monster that Vince would believe could be a "game changer." Plus, considering the circumstances, it wouldn't be unwise to try to establish him when you've got plenty of time and opportunity to rehearse and edit his matches from the PC Center. I mean, he can't be any greener/worse than Khali was when they debuted him, right? And this dude at least speaks English (I think), which probably makes coaching much easier than it was for Khali.

I'm meh on the name "Justus" (they trademarked that name recently), but mostly because it reminds me of the clothing line for tween girls. Plus, Babatunde is as good a name as any for a Polish-Nigerian monster.

8 minutes ago, DMJ said:

I'm meh on the name "Justus" (they trademarked that name recently), but mostly because it reminds me of the clothing line for tween girls. Plus, Babatunde is as good a name as any for a Polish-Nigerian monster.

It reminds me of the dude who was the host for the Brazilian version of The Apprentice. Recently he said that COVID would take "only" 15 thousand lives. We're on the verge of 100k victims.