Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Clash of Champions 2020 SHIRTLESS ROMAN TIME

KawadaSmile

Not sure how anyone is classifying Reigns vs. Jey/Usos as "soap opera shit." I think it's a fairy realistic storyline, told very well for a change, with a great backstory that makes their issues understandable and relatable.

The Tribal Chief stuff is also legit and is actually going somewhere, since I'm pretty sure Rock is now considered the "High Chief" of the family IRL.

Also, to whoever made the comparison, Sami Zayn looks nothing like Dustin Diamond. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I mean,  the tribal chief stuff is part of their actual culture so calling it cringy comes off as not understanding it.

No it doesn't. That being part of their culture doesn't mean mid match promos with bad acting instead of telling a story with actions is suddenly good.

If it stinks when Ciampa and Gargano do their amateur dramatics, it sucks when Roman and Jey do it as well.

Man, I didn't see any bad acting in that whole segment. Roman was legit scary at times, especially when he was yelling at Lil Naitch to back off because he's handling family business. Jimmy coming out on his busted knee because his brother wouldn't give up despite getting mauled is classic pro wrestling emotional engagement. 

I can grant you that perhaps they drew it out too long, after all WWE is gonna WWE and they have proven they can't help themselves when it comes to sledgehammering the plot points over people's heads. It was still some of the best business they've done in a long long time though. 

7 minutes ago, FMKK said:

If it stinks when Ciampa and Gargano do their amateur dramatics, it sucks when Roman and Jey do it as well.

No Gargano looking at his hands, no hand holding, not revolved around flippy shit and kickout spam, didn't feature someone basically costing themselves the match.

Those two examples are miles apart. Gargano and Ciampa were worse in every single aspect if we are keeping it real.

I think there's a good story and they're building this Roman character well but I can do without my wrestling matches coming to a halt so they can act out scripted dialogue. It just feels like spoonfeeding me the story instead of just conveying it in the ring. Roman beating the piss out of him til his brother throws in the towel is a fine story otherwise.

Now please God don't bring back The Fiend for his next programme.

There is plenty to complain about in WWE, but people complaining about Roman vs. Jey/Usos, the Tribal Chief stuff, "bad acting," "soap opera shit," etc. are complaining just to complain and will never be happy IMO.

In that case, stop watching the product (which is certainly a valid option no one would begrudge you for, because it's often bad) - because you've clearly been soured to the point where nothing is enjoyable anymore.

This is the most baffling take:

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Family members engaging in brutal combat isn't authentic emotion.

That dismisses a large chunk of wrestling history - Bret vs. Owen, etc.

Come on!

13 minutes ago, C.S. said:

There is plenty to complain about in WWE, but people complaining about Roman vs. Jey/Usos, the Tribal Chief stuff, "bad acting," "soap opera shit," etc. are complaining just to complain and will never be happy IMO.

In that case, stop watching the product (which is certainly a valid option no one would begrudge you for, because it's often bad) - because you've clearly been soured to the point where nothing is enjoyable anymore.

This is the most baffling take:

That dismisses a large chunk of wrestling history - Bret vs. Owen, etc.

Come on!

I don't want their product because it stinks. I checked out the thing that was getting a lot of buzz and gave my honest opinion that the acting and the melodrama was dumb and detracted from the presentation. I engage with WWE so little that there's no reason for me to complain for the sake of complaining. I just happen to think you can tell a story in wrestling without having to stop the matches so the participants can explain it to me with dialogue. 

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

That doesn't warrant a response because you clearly didn't read past the first sentence of my post. Come on, man. You're better than that.

In this case, your accusation is accurate - I quoted you from Bubba's post.

Your longer take makes a ton more sense and I mostly agree.

So, to quote the great philosopher Ron Killings, my bad.

With that said, cousins do physically fight and scrap a lot - it's not hard to imagine that being taken to the next level by an insecure man who feels the pressure mounting of having to be the "tribal chief" of the family and put food on everyone's table - especially during a pandemic and especially after recovering from leukemia.

Plus, as I and others have been mentioned, the "tribal chief" designation is very real in Samoan culture - and it is obviously leading to The Rock coming back since he's legitimately the High Chief of the family now.

57 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Man, I didn't see any bad acting in that whole segment.

Yeah, you can't say we definitely don't have a group of differing opinions here on PWO, that's for sure. In my mind, I'm thinking "if you didn't like that, what the fuck do you like then?"

We also have people that love what AEW is doing (not me) & people that loved what NWA Powerrr was (me, at least until they went too far into comedy). So we have an eclectic group.

35 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Then you think all white dudes with mustaches and beards look alike

It's a huge leap from my, "Sami reminds me, facially, of grown-up Screech", to your comment...

Sami, Rogan and Diamond do look alike to me, in terms of being red-headed middle-aged white dudes, with beards, and moustaches. That's what I take alike to mean - "similar". 
Are you really seeing no points of similarity between Sami and Dustin? That they truly look "nothing alike"?

• 2 weeks later...

I posted about my love for the ladder match earlier, and I never weighed in so I'm gonna do that now

I loved this match so much that I rec'd it to a few people I know who used to like wrestling but don't watch anymore, but trusted my enthusiasm, and they all were like "WOW" blown away by it.  the thunderdome blew them away first of all, also I don't think one of them knew Sami at all, but the handcuff shit blew their f'n minds

and they all came away like, "wow that was dope" and I had to be the bearer of bad news like, "yeah, don't expect anything that good again any time soon"

13 hours ago, cm funk said:

I posted about my love for the ladder match earlier, and I never weighed in so I'm gonna do that now

I loved this match so much that I rec'd it to a few people I know who used to like wrestling but don't watch anymore, but trusted my enthusiasm, and they all were like "WOW" blown away by it.  the thunderdome blew them away first of all, also I don't think one of them knew Sami at all, but the handcuff shit blew their f'n minds

and they all came away like, "wow that was dope" and I had to be the bearer of bad news like, "yeah, don't expect anything that good again any time soon"

I was blown away too. Best ladder match in years. So much fun and so smart and creative.