Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 16, 2020

MoS

57 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

How did Janela get a title shot? And why was it no dq? Omega tried but I almost would have rather seen Omega vs Sonny Kiss. Omega/Fenix sounds good. I do miss Moxley though.

Kenny did a promo about how "people" were saying the tournament to name a #1 contender was kind of wonky (which it was) so he was giving Joey another shot to make it clear who the better man was and that he would even make it no DQ to make sure Joey had no excuses. 

Also, as much as I don't like Omega, let's be fair: it was not an actual world title shot. Janela would have earned a world title.shot had he beaten Omega. He did not, so Omega and Callis are free to rant about whatever the fuck they want; especially given that a lot of it doesn't interest me at all

4 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

How did Janela get a title shot? And why was it no dq? Omega tried but I almost would have rather seen Omega vs Sonny Kiss. Omega/Fenix sounds good. I do miss Moxley though.

It wasn't a title shot. He needed to win to get a title shot. The idea is he couldn't wrestle Omega in the tournament, so this made up for that.

9 hours ago, MoS said:

These two rookies are terrible. Forget about being John Cena circa 2002, they are worse than Bull Buchanan 2002. That rap would have been out of place and cringey in 2002; it was embarrassing in 2020

They seem fine in the ring, but the weird homophobic raps are not a great look in 2020.

It’s weird that they already have a stacked tag division, but they keep adding teams who, like others have said, are not really ready for prime time. 

it kind of seems like the Bucks are trying to do what Cody did when he was first TNT champ and give some up and coming guys a rub. But that made more sense as an open challenge. The tag guys just seem like they’re not quite ready. 

When your gimmick is that you are "rap guys" and you "diss" people, and then 43 year old Antonio Banderas looking Frankie Kazarian absolutely fucking smokes you on the mic, that is pretty much the end of your gimmick.

Omega destroying Janela to further his new gimmick and clean up a "loose end" from the tournament to then set up a match with Fenix works for me. It furthers Omega looking like a dick, and sets up a match that should be an absolute blast.

Schiavone cracking that Omega got TNA a boost from "One fan to Six" had me cracking up.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

I miss the rap, what did he say? It would be weird for them do a homophobic rap when one of them is gay.

That's what's so weird!

I can't remember the lines from last night, but the one last week was implying that the Young Bucks were incestuous because on the cover of the book "it looks like you're staring at each other's junk."

12 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Between Private Party, Top Flight and now the acclaimed, there are a lot of young tag teams that really aren't ready for Dynamite yet. Top Flight has potential but man the acclaimed are bad just based on the last two weeks. Maybe they are better on Dark.

It wasn't a title shot. If Janela had won, then he would've gotten a title shot.

Basically, it seems like Tony Khan is trying to book the matches that Kenny couldn't have in the World Title Eliminator tournament because of various issues (Janela with COVID, Fenix with his concussion). Kenny vs Fenix will probably get a better feedback to close this year than Dark Order attacking the Elite on last year's final Dynamite of 2019.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, Blehschmidt said:

When your gimmick is that you are "rap guys" and you "diss" people, and then 43 year old Antonio Banderas looking Frankie Kazarian absolutely fucking smokes you on the mic, that is pretty much the end of your gimmick.

"Are you The Acclaim or Men on a Mission ?". I died. Yeah, the Acclaimed are absolutely not ready for this spot (and the "rap like John Cena with a fake gold chain around the neck kinda screams bad idea, at least try to do a fucking triplet on a trap beat so you don't look like, well, Men on a Mission), but it's basically feeding some bodies to the Bucks. Top Flight on the other end... If I were Private Party I'd be kinda worry about those two flying above their heads. 

I also died at "Kiss my ass" by Tony Schiavone. I loved most of the show, apart from the Big Swole vs Diamanté parts of the women match, which really looked bad. I mean, it's useless to say it every week, but Swole sucks and she will injure someone with this Tiger Driver where it looks like she has zero control over her opponent's body. Ivelisse vs Serena would have been really cool. That women's division really needs a lot of work still. Thunder Rosa vs Baker on the other end, that is gonna be fun.

Loving Pac back, he's just the total package, the feud with Kingston, the upcoming match with Omega, all of this will be so great.

The whole main event was just gold, between Calis announcing from ringside to Omega up-garbaging Janella and looking like a total dick. Their act is absolutely fantastic. A match with Fénix ? If the poor guy can be held together, that should rule pretty hard.

Also, remember the Dark Order from a year ago ? Amazing what this has become (like, one of the best act in the company and the best on BTE). Talk about guys who will face the Bucks at some points, both Uno & Grayson (BTW, they had a super fun match with Bear Country on Dark in which Grayson looks godlike) and Silver & Reynolds should have tremendous matches with them.

The three last show if the year are gonna be fun, and I would not be surprised to see the Good Brothers show up.

8 hours ago, El-P said:

"Are you The Acclaim or Men on a Mission ?". I died. Yeah, the Acclaimed are absolutely not ready for this spot (and the "rap like John Cena with a fake gold chain around the neck kinda screams bad idea, at least try to do a fucking triplet on a trap beat so you don't look like, well, Men on a Mission), but it's basically feeding some bodies to the Bucks. Top Flight on the other end... If I were Private Party I'd be kinda worry about those two flying above their heads. 

I also died at "Kiss my ass" by Tony Schiavone. I loved most of the show, apart from the Big Swole vs Diamanté parts of the women match, which really looked bad. I mean, it's useless to say it every week, but Swole sucks and she will injure someone with this Tiger Driver where it looks like she has zero control over her opponent's body. Ivelisse vs Serena would have been really cool. That women's division really needs a lot of work still. Thunder Rosa vs Baker on the other end, that is gonna be fun.

Loving Pac back, he's just the total package, the feud with Kingston, the upcoming match with Omega, all of this will be so great.

The whole main event was just gold, between Calis announcing from ringside to Omega up-garbaging Janella and looking like a total dick. Their act is absolutely fantastic. A match with Fénix ? If the poor guy can be held together, that should rule pretty hard.

Also, remember the Dark Order from a year ago ? Amazing what this has become (like, one of the best act in the company and the best on BTE). Talk about guys who will face the Bucks at some points, both Uno & Grayson (BTW, they had a super fun match with Bear Country on Dark in which Grayson looks godlike) and Silver & Reynolds should have tremendous matches with them.

The three last show if the year are gonna be fun, and I would not be surprised to see the Good Brothers show up.

Beyond Wrestling has become a solid pipeline for AEW to pick talents from.

I also expect the Good Brothers to show up on Dynamite, probably on December 30th. I wouldn't even be surprised if we get a Good Brothers vs Young Bucks match at Revolution in February; Champions vs Champions, no titles on the line but this could be interesting.

Remember when all the buzz in Impact Wrestling was about Ace Austin? As good as Austin has been, Chris Bey has been stealing the show in Impact on a regular basis. I wouldn't actually mind seeing like you said Chris Bey vs Jungle Boy or even Chris Bey challenge Darby Allin for the TNT title.