Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/15 - 02/21 Break the Capitol's walls down

KawadaSmile

15 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Several of the women are pissed off about it, Liv Morgan and Peyton Royce as well. I don't think they would normally care if this was fan made content, but this one was apparently put out by the WWE on Fox Twitter account, so the women who were ranked as being worth 1 and 2 dollars are feeling slighted.

Something similar happened when Ryan Satin did a ranking of the women based on how they are used/how much they get on TV and everyone dogpiled him for ranking low the women who aren't being used or aren't on TV much.

Like, I feel icky being in a position defending Satin, but if you're pissed at someone pointing out you aren't being used much it seems like your anger is being focused in the wrong direction.

These incidents seem to have revealed some unhappy feelings among the women's roster in WWE and I guess since they all get programmed that nothing is the company's fault they have to lash out elsewhere. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm missing something, but a lot of the ire seems to also relate to "valuing" women as a commodity - like property that can be traded for $$$. I don't for a second think that there isn't a huge elephant in the room when it comes to how women are treated in the industry but this seems like a weird one to blow up. There wasn't any backlash when this was done multiple times for the male wrestlers - in fact, this seems to just be an overdone meme being used again so that women are also included.  

There's also a "me not we" vibe to her Tweet which is incredibly problematic considering the context she is arguing.

The news article that is going around is just about how WWE is still paying Bo, and in the mean time he and Liv Morgan are starting a "family real estate business" and have a farm together. No where does it explicitly state that they are romantically inolved. They certainly could be, or they may just have two business together. I think people have seen "family business" and associated it as them being a family, when in reality I think it just means they are selling homes to families and not commercial properties. But, I could be totally off base here. 

There's probably a tidy answer for this already, but doesn't WWE have to move the Thunderdome again when baseball season starts?

Also, the youngest boomers using the most generous definition of the baby boom generation are now 56 years old. Most of them are old enough for Medicare and Social Security. Does WWE's demo stretch that high now or are we actually talking about Gen X?

45 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I'm conflicted. Dude has 4 of the top 5 best selling merch at the moment. Are his fans dedicated to the point they would go to the WWE Shop just to buy his stuff? Or does he have some sort of appeal even to that audience? Who knows.

I dunno, if you listen to Wrestling Twitter he's a nobody that's not going to make a difference, yet his merch is sellng.... so it's almost like people are just talking out of their asses. 

4 minutes ago, PhilTLL said:

There's probably a tidy answer for this already, but doesn't WWE have to move the Thunderdome again when baseball season starts?

Yes, unless baseball delays the start of their season (the league and the players are squabbling over how many games will be played this season.  WWE probably has until the end of March or the beginning of April depending on when they agree to start, 

It seems like the regular MLB start date is a go. That would mean in about 5 weeks, between MLB, college/NBA hoops, and NHL/minor hockey, every major indoor venue in Florida will be booked up. 

Maybe they could use (bad Solie imitation) Tampa's Expo Hall, the beautiful Ocean Center in Daytona, the Lee County Civic Center in North Fort Myers, the Lakeland Civic Center... I'm being told the West Palm Beach Auditorium is now owned by the folks at the Jehovah's Witnesses, and we will uh, try to get confirmation on that.

15 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Nia/Shayna vs Bianca/Sasha for the tag titles has been added to the ppv on Sunday. I'm guessing Sasha/Bianca win so they can face Dakota/Raquel as the counter to AEW on 3/3. I guess that makes sense but I wanted to see Dakota finally get revenge on Shayna.

It would be weird because the way they built that whole segment on NXT Wednesday, it really felt like they're in the process of turning Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez babyfaces, especially with their reactions to winning the first Women's Dusty Classic. I just feel like it would be counterproductive to bring up and build the past history between Dakota & Shayna like they did Wednesday only for "sike!" and book them against Bianca & Sasha.

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

They should have done a Teddy Long thing where Miz got to be out of the Chamber but he needs to face Edge instead. Safe showcase match for Edge.

If it wasn't for the stipulation that the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match only included WWE champions in it, I would've bet on Ali attacking Kofi and taking his place inside the Chamber; bringing things full circle to how KofiMania all began.