Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/01 - 03/07 Lashley please win this title

KawadaSmile

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So an artist posted a picture of a little black kid with a toy WWE belt looking at a mural of Rock,, Lashley. and Kofi with the description of "anything is possible" only to have some rando barging in to whitesplain that WELL ACTUALLY this is furthering racism and not helping because *insert usual "representation is the Real Racism" reasons*. MVP replied (way nicer than I would have) be all "nah its cool, representation matters, and it's cool when your heroes look like you", even the Rock replied in support, and the whitesplaining goober's reply was "don't be a jabroni, Rock".

Real banner day for humanity on the ol' twitter dot com. 

Also maybe WWE shouldn't be doing a gimmick where Apollo is claiming he actually speaks with an African accent when they did one of those great 24/7 type documentaries on him that showed him very much not speaking like that behind the scenes and what not.

Plus I saw more than a few "wow Vince really is racist" comments on Twitter after that. 

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

The Nation if it were led by Saba Simba.

:lol:

Hey, people remember the infamous blackfaces from DX, but it has been kinda forgotten than in the "classic" gang wars angle, the babyface faction were a bunch of white bikers, two of them actually sporting SS tatoos...

(of course you had those porto rican gangstas but everybody forgot about them anyway, including the bookers, which sucked as they were the best workers of the bunch)

I can see why people hate Apollo's new gimmick but i'm just glad he's a heel. He's way better at it than being a happy go lucky babyface.

The Bryan stuff on Smackdown was interesting. His opening promo seemed almost heelish. Loved the cage match and Roman's utter disappointment when Jey tapped. Speaking of Jey, it's going to be weird seeing him go back to teaming with his brother and feuding with the Alpha Academy or the Mysterios after this main event run. He's really established himself as a good singles star I think.

I wonder if they do a triple threat at Mania with Roman/Edge/Bryan so Roman doesn't have to do the job.

47 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

I wonder if they do a triple threat at Mania with Roman/Edge/Bryan so Roman doesn't have to do the job.

I've been thinking about this and I could see a scenario were they do the triple threat so Bryan takes the pin and they can book another PPV with Edge vs Roman in singles. It's WWE 101 to advertise a match for months, only to change it last minute and then promote for the next big event :lol:

It's also hard to picture a program for Bryan for WM, unless he wrestles Jey again...

His parents are from Nigeria, isn't that right? I find it acceptable in that case. I mean, Jinder Mahal is Canadian but we accept his Indian heritage and customs without batting an eye - although I don't recall him having a remarkable accent.

Just wish they gave him a better looking spear. Drew gets an awesome claymore, come on.

3 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

I've been thinking about this and I could see a scenario were they do the triple threat so Bryan takes the pin and they can book another PPV with Edge vs Roman in singles.

I thought about Edge taking the fall. You get Bryan as champ and Reigns is protected.

Unless they move Edge to NXT or something, I don't see how they'll have him in a singles match while DB does nothing.

The spear was my favorite part. They need to have a no dq match between him and Drew where they duel with their weapons.

Has their ever been an escape the cage match between 2 chicken shit heels where there is no contact between them because when the bell rings it just becomes a race to see who can climb the cage the fastest?