Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

Huber finally strikes Doll down.

Burke gave it a good try but St Clair is Simply the Best.

I smiled so big seeing the Renegade Warriors show up. The good feelings don't last however as the Rose cousins finally snap.

Without Akbar's direction, Kokina falls to the Mighty Yankee.

Can't wait to hear Larry bitch about losing to "Bruno's boy". 

Loved seeing Big Jim and Kaz turn Vin Man into a pinball. Yeah!

Taylor may have gotten more of a fight then he expected but he's still cock of the walk.

Nikita survives an all out war and stands ready for whatever Kirchner sends next. Roberts meanwhile may have just executed the fastest face turn in AWA history. Shame he had to interrupt Greg's big announcement though /s.

Great finish to the tag title match as we have Fabulous new champions.

Jumbo's reign was stellar but I think we all knew Hulkamania would be running wild brother.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... the amount of work you put into WrestleRock is just awesome!!  I really enjoyed the details to your matches.  I really struggle with this but you knocked it out of the park.  I especially loved the one with Colon vs Sawyer.  It had so many great visuals like the baseball bat and the trash can!

I also commend you for having such a diverse card.  It truly had something for everyone....

The ECW-like match with Colon-Sawyer as I already mentioned.

The old time Western brawl with Hansen and Blackjack... Loved this one!!!  It is really in my wheelhouse.  

All the stars who would draw in the more casual fan like Foreigner, ZZ Top,  Phylicia Rashad and Tex Cob!  Cobb with the big blow to Larry Z was awesome!

Grudge Matches like the Loser-Leave Town Match for the tag titles was great!

New appearances like the Renegade Warriors 

Return of big names like the RnR Express!

Babyface turns.... Loved seeing Jake nail Greg Gagne!

and lets not forget the big one... Hogan over Jumbo!!! Wow... the AWA is White Hot!!!

Great event

AWA WrestleRock Fallout 

This week's TV is a WrestleRock recap show. 

The newly crowned AWA champions give promos. 

The new AWA world tag team champs, the Fantastics talk about their long road to the titles and how all their perseverance paid off. They're ready to defend the titles against all comers. 

Paul Orndorff unified the Mid American and Southern titles and is now the AWA International champion. He says he's held gold all year and that's going to continue. 

Newly crowned AWA world champion, Hulk Hogan gave a pumped up promo, saying he's now on top of Mount AWA but to remain on top he will have to defend the title against the multitude of challengers climbing that same mountain. Hogan went on to say with the power of all the Hulkamaniacs, he's going to take the AWA to heights never before imagined. 

Other news

Ray Stevens has filed a protest claiming Jumbo Tsuruta should still be the AWA world champion. Stevens claimed the Referee counted 3 after Jumbo power bombed Hogan. The AWA is reviewing the footage and Steven's claim. Jumbo has returned to Japan and has not announced when he'll be returning to the States. 

AWA TV Champ, Brian Adias says since he's currently in a record title reign, he should be the number one contender to the world title. He promised Hogan's reign will set a record as the shortest AWA title reign in history. 

AWA National tag champs, the Olympians said they overcame all Sweet Dreams blatant rule breaking and cheating to retain their titles. They also said honor, integrity and pure skill will always prevail. 

After an amazing 14 month reign, former AWA world tag champs, the Guerreros had to honor the stipulation and have left the AWA. 

Jake the Snake Roberts has decided to venture elsewhere, stating something about unfinished business up north. 

Also leaving the AWA is former Southern champ Larry Cameron and Kokina. 

Skandor Akbar has promised to rebuild Devastation Inc. He has Blackblood as well as the Moondogs. He then made a big announcement that he has sold the contracts of the British Bombers to Les Thornton. Akbar has also promised another huge acquisition coming soon. 

After everything he went through, Nikita Koloff has been given permission to take a long vacation. Nikita says he'll be back stronger than ever. 

Larry Zbyszko went on a tirade and says he was cheated beyond belief. He wants another crack at David Sammartino. 

Don Muraco is ecstatic about being in the AWA with Superstar Graham by his side. 

The AWA returns to its regularly scheduled programing next week. 

WrestleRock was an Incredible event. Hogan winning sets a stage that AWA could have only wished to ascend to IRL. Nikita is a guy I have got my eyes on right now... I feel like he's got a red rocket strapped to his back... but don't count out our good friend Mr. Hansen... there is a lot to be determined here... tune in folks!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-2-89

ring.jpg.243e52cd28f6e2a12890087b7b23c08d.jpg

sca.jpg.48048d951cb694f478af3678f0dfdc33.jpg

Larry Nelson: Hello everyone and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. We've got a lot of action tonight, including Larry Zbyszko versus Leo Burke. Lou Perez takes on Glamour Doll. Also, Iceman Parsons goes up against Terry Taylor. Right now, I would like to bring out the AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Brenda Britton comes out with Morrow. 

Britton: Take a break Nelson. 

Nelson rolls his eyes and walks away. 

Britton: Ok Gerry, I understand you want to address the world title issue from WrestleRock. 

Morrow: Ahhhhh yes I do Brenda. I would like to invite Ray Stevens out here. 

Stevens is all business as he walks out. 

Morrow: Ray, I have reviewed your protest and de film from WrestleRock. 

Stevens: Then you saw what I saw. Jumbo Tsuruta put Hulk Hogan down with a powerbomb and the Ref counted 3. It's simple, Jumbo should get his world title back. 

Morrow: I have to admit Ray, it was close. However, after lengthy reviews, myself and de committee have determined dat Hogan did raise his shoulder before de 3 count. De decision will stand. Hulk Hogan is de AWA world champion. 

Stevens: Come on Gerry! 

Morrow: Do not worry Ray. When Jumbo decides to return from Japan, he will get a rematch for de world title. 

Stevens: I don't like it, but I will say this. Hogan's days as champion are numbered. Mark my words! 

Britton: There you have it! Hulk Hogan is officially the AWA world champion, but for how long remains to be seen. Until we meet again. Toooodles. 

Commercial Break 

The Brawny Boys (Jim Morris and Bill Kazmaier) vs. Todd Rooney and Cleet Walker 

morris.jpg.02fd78c885506b3320a3e6dfb35ed924.jpgkazmaier.jpg.af8176345cabe35cab4ad8e407c8838e.jpg

After their success at WrestleRock, Morris and Kazmaier have decided to make a go as a tag team. 

Morris puts Walker down with a backbreaker, then tags in Kazmaier. Kazmaier swings Walker to the ropes and finishes things off with a bearhug! 

Commercial Break 

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. Glamour Doll 

lou.jpg.ee3c4415bf3a30023e39182d1b577fda.jpgdoll.jpg.6873c697733fb38db77d52de8b21d705.jpg

We get a fun fast paced match here. Perez puts his amateur wrestling skills to work and has Doll frustrated. Doll turns the tide with an eye rake. Doll shows off his high flying skills and almost pins Perez after a missile dropkick. Doll spends too much time arguing with the Ref. This allows Perez to sneak up from behind and execute a bridging back suplex for the win! 

Perez celebrates as Doll throws a temper tantrum. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok coming out now is Skandor Akbar (wearing a neckbrace) along with his Devastation Inc. 

Akbar, Blackblood and the Moondogs surround a nervous Nelson. 

Nelson: Well Skandor, WrestleRock was quite an event for you. Things ended abruptly after that piledriver from the AWA International champ Paul Orndorff. 

Akbar: Watch it Nelson! That's your final warning! It's no secret that Devastation Inc. lost some members following WrestleRock. However, I'm coming back bigger and stronger than ever! First up, Orndorff, you're going to pay for what you did. This man Blackblood is coming after you and your title! Everybody saw what the Moondogs did at WrestleRock to those sissy boys, the Rock n Roll Express. That's only the beginning. It doesn't stop there. Right now, I would like to introduce the newest member of Devastation Inc. Get ready AWA because the SOULTAKER is here! 

soultaker.jpg.161253f622a404ad57e55d85d1cf582e.jpg

Soultaker is an intimidating sight as he walks out and joins his new stable. 

Akbar: You're looking at Devastation Inc. and devastation is what we're going to cause! 

Commercial Break 

'The Mighty Yankee' Steve Disalvo vs. Ray Glader 

strong2.jpg.89982c7b03dc287a7a7b215cbefe785a.jpg

Disalvo looks impressive as he finishes things off with a running shoulder breaker for the easy win. 

Disalvo cuts a promo and says he's ready to take on the biggest and baddest monsters in the AWA. 

Commercial Break 

The Rose Cousins vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

roses.jpg.9b827032abed6398624b6277b39aae5f.jpg

The Rose Cousins are in full heel mode tonight and win the match with the Rose Bomb. 

Nelson: I'm not sure what happened at WrestleRock but you guys really went off the deep end when you attack the Renegade Warriors after their victory. 

Pat: Hey! We spent to long playing by the rules and it got us nowhere! If the Renegade Warriors have a problem, then they can try and do something about it! 

Randy: That's right! From now on, we're going to do things the right way, the Rose way!! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok, we're... 

Boos as Larry Zbyszko strolls out. 

Nelson: Larry, you have a match with Leo Burke, what are you doing here? 

Zbyszko: (points up at Burke in the ring) I'll deal with you in a minute spudhead. Ray Stevens was out here because his man was robbed. Well, he wasn't the only one robbed at WrestleRock. That brat little Davey only beat me because he was in cahoots with that moron Randall Cobb. Listen up Bruno's baby boy. You're nothing but a spinless coward who took the easy way out. You're gutless and weak! I'm going to do everything in my power to make your pathetic life miserable! You're done Davey! 

'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko vs. Leo Burke

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpgleo.jpg.58f63c753bdcd84a011e3c74e6d9a6f1.jpg 

Larry's a little too preoccupied as Burke works him over and has him pinballing all over the ring. Zbyszko rolls out to take a breather and of course stall. He gets on the apron. Burke runs over but Zbyszko rakes his eyes and snaps his head on the top rope. Zbyszko stomps away on Burke, lifts him up and throat drops him on the top rope. Zbyszko drops several knees on Burke. 

Wait a minute. David Sammartino comes out and stands at ringside with his arms folded. Zbyszko sees him and starts yelling at him. Sammartino smiles and shrugs his shoulders. Zbyszko is at the ropes still yelling at David. Burke gets up, pushes Zbyszko against the ropes and rolls him up 1..2..3! Big POP! 

Burke goes to the outside. Sammartino raises his arm as Zbyszko loses it in the ring. The fans are loving this. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: With me now is the Vin man and his crew, Vinergy and Gary Young. (smirks) Rough night for you at WrestleRock, Vinnie. 

Vin: Shut up Larbo! Do you know what the problem was at WrestleRock? 

Nelson: Ummm, you bit off more than you could chew? 

Vin: I said shut up! I know what the problem was. Vinergy knows what the problem was. 

Dukes and Putski nod. 

Vin: Gary, do you know what the problem was? 

Young: No, what boss? 

Vin: The problem was YOU! Damn it Gary! You blew it and we lost the match because of you! You embarrassed me and nobody embarrasses the Vin Man...YEA! 

WHAM! 

Vinergy attack Young! They beat him down, then hurl him into the ring. They continue the beat down. They swing Young to the ropes and put him down with stereo polish hammers! They hold Gary up as Vinnie walks over, berates him and slaps him several times. Vinergy throw Young down. Vinnie gives him a few more stomps before leaving. Vinnie grabs the mic. 

Vinnie: Gary! You're out...YEA! 

Commercial Break 

'The Rock' Don Muraco w/Superstar Billy Graham vs. Royce Richards 

muraco.jpg.02cb1f41e6ce2d53c4dfff3226195956.jpg

Graham cheers as Muraco wins the match with a tombstone piledriver! 

Nelson: Superstar, you sure delivered at WrestleRock when this man, Don Muraco showed up. 

Graham: That's right daddy! The Superstar is back and I brought a friend with me. The sky's the limit for Don Muraco. Tell them brutha! 

Muraco: You got that right Superstar! The Rock Don Muraco is here in the AWA and brother I'm ready to make a splash! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Well we've seen a lot of familiar faces returning to the AWA and here's a couple more. Ricky and Robert, the Rock n Roll Express! 

rnr.jpg.1bd3941a733eef78dec98bf1b98c9308.jpg

The fans go wild as RnR head to ringside, slapping hands and hugging fans. 

Nelson: Welcome back to the AWA! Your appearance at WrestleRock was unfortunately ruined by the Moondogs. 

Gibson: Great to be back in the AWA Larry! It seems we already have a target on our backs. But hey, it's nothing we're not used too. Right Ricky. 

Morton: That's exactly right! Moondogs! You lit a fire under us and that's a good thing. We came back to the AWA for tag team competition and looks like your first up Moondogs! Rock n roll is here to stay! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Before we get to our main event, I want to announce that in 2 weeks, the AWA world champion Hulk Hogan will be here! I've also been informed that next week Brian Adias will defend the AWA TV title against Lou Perez. Also, the AWA International champ Paul Orndorff will be in action as well as the new AWA world tag champs, the Fantastics. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

Iceman Parsons vs. 'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor 

iceman.jpg.94656e23827fc08a5d31075e31b69a07.jpgtaylor2.jpg.7348a55b742218972fa6ce9021403ea6.jpg

The bell rings and Taylor does a little strut. They're about to lock up, but Taylor does another strut and slicks back his ponytail, then flings his hands at Parsons. They finally lock up and Parsons hip tosses Taylor over. Taylor gets up and charges but Parsons back drops him. Taylor sits up as Parsons gets down with a dance. Taylor's pissed and charges but Parsons ducks his punch and unloads on Taylor, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash and follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Parsons reaches down but Taylor grabs his trunks and pulls him through the ropes. 

Parsons gets on the apron and enters through the ropes but Taylor nails him with a knee to the head. Taylor grabs Parsons and hits a vertical suplex. Taylor hops on the turnbuckles and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor body slams Parsons, hops on the turnbuckles and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor yells at the Ref. Taylor takes his time, hoists Parsons up for a suplex, but Parsons blocks it and suplexes Taylor over. 

Parsons regroups. Taylor rises as Parsons swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Parsons hits a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Parsons swings Taylor to the corner and follows with a running shoulder thrust and follows with several more shoulder thrusts. Parsons swings Taylor to the ropes and hits his hip attack, but Taylor flys back and through the ropes. Taylor's down on the outside. The Ref is holding Parsons back. The Ref finally starts the count. Taylor barely beats the 10 count as he slides into the ring. Parsons swings off the ropes and hits a Thesz Press but Taylor holds on as he falls back and hot shots Parsons on the top rope. Taylor puts his feet on the ropes as he pushes Parsons legs forward 1..2..3!! 

Taylor rolls out of the ring, clears the cobwebs and pats himself on the back. 

Well Stevens didn't get his way but at least his man's got a rematch coming.

Brawny Boys! Love it.

"Lightning" Lou is on a roll.

Soultaker is a great fit for Akbar.

Disalvo gets a chance to flex.

The Rose Cousins show off their new attitude.

Larry's fixation on David costs him.

Damn, Vin Man shows Young the door.

Good to see Muraco and Graham stick together.

RnR aren't backing down.

Taylor with the dirty win in the main event.

The Rock baby! Love Don Muraco after seeing some of his recent promos... dude could turn it on when he needed to. Rock N Roll are here to stay... and they could definitely make a big splash which could up the AWA's tag team scene. Terry Taylor... you've floated around but finally found a home here... could he build back up to some semblance of star power. Could a Hogan v Terry Taylor feud draw? 

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-9-89

Larry Nelson: Hello everybody and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, the Soultaker makes his in ring debut taking on Spike Huber. Mike Miller clashes with Tom Brandi. Karachi Vice takes on Vinergy. And Brian Adias defends the TV title against Lou Perez. You'll also see AWA International Champ Paul Orndorff and the AWA world tag champs, the Fantastics. All that and a lot more, so lets get to the ring. 

AWA International Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Samson Smith 

orndorff.jpg.4695d6141bd2560e81d7c36b3d57ced3.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as Orndorff executes the piledriver for the win. 

Nelson: Fans, the AWA's next Title Night will take place on September 2nd at the Winnipeg Arena. Paul Orndorff, you'll be defending your International title against Blackblood. It seems Skandor Akbar has unfinished business with you.

Orndorff: Akbar's still reeling from that piledriver I gave him at Wrestlerock! Hey, I don't care which freak he sends my way. I went through hell to get this title and I'm not about to lose it anytime soon. Blackblood! Your next! 

Commercial Break 

'Mean' Mike Miller vs. 'Thrilling' Tom Brandi 

miller.jpg.be499598eee5d897e6c815f24e391aab.jpgbrandi.jpg.3526a191c511fb062b85699bea7204a9.jpg

Miller has made it his mission to take out the pretty boys and he makes that known as he attacks Brandi at the bell. Miller pushes Brandi into the corner and proceeds to punch, kick and stomp away. Miller grabs Brandi by the hair and tosses him across the ring. Brandi staggers up as Miller puts him down with a clothesline from behind 1..2..Kick Out. Miller swings Brandi to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Brandi kicks him and dropkicks him down. 

Both men slowly rise. Brandi swings Miller to the ropes and puts him down with a high dropkick, then follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Brandi swings Miller into the corner and charges in, but Miller nails him with a big boot to the face. Miller drops down on Brandi 1..2..Kick Out. 

Miller swings Brandi to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Brandi swings back and hits a Thesz Press 1..2..3!! 

Brandi rolls out of the ring in a daze as Miller kicks the ropes in frustration. 

Commercial Break 

The Moondogs w/Skandor Akbar vs. Harold Bannister and Todd Rooney 

moondogs.jpg.bd4582da2e63f9407b02f44de615a01a.jpg

Akbar (still wearing a neck brace) cheers as the Moondogs destroy their opponents. Spot hits a backbreaker on Rooney and holds him as Rex comes off the middle rope with an elbow drop to the chest for the win. 

Afterwards, the Moondogs grab their bones and proceed to beat their already fallen opponents with them as Akbar smiles. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok, with me now are the All-Stars. Well, you guys came out on the losing end at WrestleRock. I'm sure you weren't expecting Superstar Graham to come out with Don Muraco. 

Idol: First things first! This is far from over! Next week, it's me and that washed up Bobby Boy Armstrong, one on one. Bobby! Let's see how you do one on one. Oh darling, you don't stand a chance. 

Starr: We are the premier group in wrestling. What happened at WrestleRock was nothing but a fluke. Iceman Parsons, the next time I see your ugly face amigo, I'm going to punch you right in the mouth! 

Dundee: Billy Graham! I've had it with you using my moniker. Now I know your incapable of stepping that broken body of yours into a ring, so here's the deal. Send in your stoolie Muraco and him and I will wrestle for the Superstar name. Does Muraco have the guts? Probably not! Have mercy! 

Commercial Break 

The Soultaker w/Skandor Akbar vs. 'The Foreman' Spike Huber 

soultaker.jpg.161253f622a404ad57e55d85d1cf582e.jpghuber.jpg.d1e63ccbc8ff61ff78b441ed9a76047d.jpg

Huber has the crowd behind him as he hits Soultaker with some fired up punches. Huber hoists Soultaker up and slams him down, then follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Huber takes it to Soultaker until a distraction by Akbar leads to Soultaker clotheslining Huber through the ropes from behind. Soultaker goes to the outside and slams Huber on the concrete. Soultaker picks up Huber and rams him back first into the steel post. Soultaker hurls Huber into the ring. Soultaker follows, hoists Huber up and executes an over the shoulder backbreaker. Huber submits as the Ref signals for the bell. 

Nelson: I have to admit Skandor, your men were nothing short of devastating tonight. 

Akbar: Nelson, you described that well. You're learning. Devastation Inc. Is stronger than ever. You know I heard Steve Disalvo out here last week wanting to take on some monsters. Well Disalvo, we have unfinished business and the Soultaker would like to take you up on that. NOW! Speaking of unfinished business. Paul Orndorff! I have to wear this neckbrace because of you! Well now you're going to pay. Blackblood is going to destroy you and take your beloved title! That's a fact! 

Commercial Break 

Karachi Vice vs. Vinergy w/The Vin Man 

karachivice.jpg.82900bc813255baaae8f1e36f26cd50e.jpgdukes.jpg.dbfc7042c030d11dd87fa5c779213ca9.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Vinnie and Vinergy wait in the ring. Karachi Vice head out. 

WHAM! 

They're attacked from behind by the British Bombers. Les Thornton is behind them watching closely. The Bombers give Karachi Vice a good beating until Thornton nods in approval. Thornton leads the Bombers to the back. 

Vinnie and Vinergy are celebrating in the ring like they won the Superbowl. Vinnie grabs the mic. 

Vinnie: That's a win for Vinergy! YEA! 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Champs The Fantastics vs. Trent Watkins and Royce Jones 

fantastics.jpg.6f85e182fbf652ccdbdec5b7a7ca6f6b.jpg

The Fantatsics are full of energy tonight and win the match with the Rocket Launcher. 

Nelson: It's great to see you guys finally holding the gold. You ended the 14 month reign of the Guerreros and also sent them out of the AWA. Job well done. As you know, things keep moving. At the next Title Night in Winnipeg, you two will defend the titles against Vinergy. 

Rogers: Larry, I can't tell you how great it is to be champs. Everybody saw our long road to get here and we finally did it! 

Fulton: That's right! The Guerreros pulled one over on us time and time again, but in the end we prevailed! 

Boos as Vinnie leads Vinergy out. 

Vinnie: These guys seem a little arrogant, don't they Larbo? Did you just see what my boys just did? We're tuned up and ready to take those tag straps! YEA! 

Nelson: Come on Vinnie, are you delusional? 

Rogers: Listen up Vin "Man". Your boys are not ready for the big time and we'll show you why at Title Night. 

Vinergy step forward but Vinnie shakes it off and calms them down, then leads them away as the Fantastics hold their titles high. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

'Blockbuster' Brian Adias (C) vs. 'Lightning' Lou Perez 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpglou.jpg.ee3c4415bf3a30023e39182d1b577fda.jpg

During the introductions, Adias kisses his title and holds it up in front of Perez. 

The bell rings and they lock up. Perez hip tosses Adias over. Adias sits up and points at Perez. They lock up again and Perez hip tosses Adias over. Adias hits the mat and gets up. They go to lock up again. Adias tries to kick Perez low, but Perez grabs his foot, spins him around and atomic drops him over the top rope. Adias gets up but falls back down. Adias takes his time and hops on the apron at the 8 count. Perez comes over but Adias rakes his eyes and snaps his head on the top rope. 

Adias drags Perez to the outside and swings him into the guardrail. Adias hurls Perez back into the ring. Adias goes to the top rope and waits. Perez staggers up as Adias nails him with a double axehandle drop 1..2..Kick Out. Adias hoists Perez up and gives him an airplane spin, slams him down and follows with a standing fist drop 1..2..Perez gets his foot on the rope. Adias argues with the Ref. Adias swings Perez to the corner and charges in, but Perez moves.

Both men are regrouping. Perez grabs Adias and executes a vertical suplex. Perez picks up Adias and delivers a gut wrench suplex. Perez grabs Adias and hits a snap suplex 1..2..Adias barley gets his shoulder up. Perez swings Adias hard into the corner. Adias staggers out as Perez grabs him and goes for his bridging back suplex, but Adias elbows him in the face several times to break Perez's grip. Adias swings off the ropes and clotheslines Perez down. 

Both men are reeling. As they rise, Adias grabs Perez and hits a Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..Perez gets his foot on the rope. Adias berates the Ref for too long. 

Perez crawls up and rolls Adias over 1..2..Kick Out. Perez swings Adias to the ropes and goes for a back drop, but Adias stops, grabs Perez and executes a Fisherman's Suplex 1..2..3! 

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton is standing with AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow. 

Britton: Hi everybody! I want you all to listen because Gerry has something to say. 

Morrow: AHHHHHHH Thank You Brenda. As you may have heard, next week de AWA world champion Hulk Hogan will be here in person. I can promise you dis, Hulk Hogan will also be defending de AWA world title in Winnipeg at Title Night. 

Boos as Brian Adias walks out with his TV title. 

Morrow: AHHHHH Brian, congratulations on yet another successful TV title defense. Very good job. What can I do for you? 

Adias: I'm glad you asked Gerry. As you know Blockbuster Brian Adias has brought the AWA to new heights, thanks to my many ventures in Hollywood. It was all me and not that dismal actor and subpar wrestler Hogan. Which brings me to my point. Enough is enough! I'm here to challenge Hulk Hogan for the AWA world title in Winnipeg. 

Morrow: Brian, are you serious about dis? 

Adias: I've never been more certain of anything in my charmed life. Gerry, as you know I'm in the midst of a record title reign. 16 months as the TV champion! 16 months! That's unheard of! So, to show you how serious I am. I'm here to relinquish my TV title for a world title shot. 

Britton: OH MY! WOW! I told you everything happens with me. 

Morrow: Brian, are you absolutely sure you want to do dis? 

Adias: one hundred percent! 

Morrow: Ok then. Your incredible reign as TV champion has definitely qualified you for a world title opportunity. If you are certain, then I will give you de match. 

Adias smiles, looks at his TV title and hands it over to Morrow. 

Adias: I want everybody to remember that I never lost this title! Nobody will ever come close to breaking my record. As for you Hulk Hogan. You're going to have the shortest title reign ever and then my record breaking world title reign will begin. I'm coming for you chump oh forgive me, champ. 

Britton: What a historic segment! Unbelievable! Until next time, toooodles! 

Devastation Inc looking strong tonight. I always loved booking the Moondogs to commit televised murder and I'm glad you're doing the same. Soultaker is sent after Disalvo while Blackblood is on the hunt for gold.

Vinnie wasted no time turning his team's "hard fought" victory into a title shot.

Adias sacrifices his TV title to go after Hogan! The Blockbuster could make all of the headlines if he pulls this off.

WrestleRock was amazing! A very awesome show top to bottom. Hulk Hogan getting his crowning moment in AWA came across quite well. Very well executed. 

I love how Sammartino is seemingly inside Zbyszko's head and continues to make life difficult for him. 

Brian Adias vs Hulk Hogan is a very tasty matchup on paper. Can't wait to see how that one shakes out!

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-16-89

Larry Nelson: Hello everybody and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight! The newly crowned AWA world champion Hulk Hogan will be here! Austin Idol takes on his rival Bob Armstrong. The National tag champs, the Olympians will be in action. Also, the Rock n Roll Express will be in the ring. David Sammartino goes up against Cannonball Griz. And for the 'Superstar' moniker, Bill Dundee clashes with Don Muraco. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

The Renegade Warriors vs. Duncan Rivers and Chance Whitney 

tribal.jpg.8d7d474c2d18a01f6810e5e3a749e876.jpg

The Warriors are looking to make their mark in the AWA and put on a great showing tonight. Mark Youngblood hoists Whitney up in a suplex position as Chris Youngblood leaps off the top rope with a flying press for the win. 

Nelson: At Wrestlerock you two made your debut with a win over the Rose Cousins. However, afterwards the Rose Cousins attacked you and left you laying in the ring. 

Chris: The Roses made a terrible mistake. They proved they can only get the job done by cowardly actions. 

Mark: Rose Cousins! The Renegade Warriors are going to show you what family and blood is all about! 

Commercial Break 

David Sammartino vs. Cannonball Griz 

sammartino.jpg.abf6ea3bcad5774bc47f08de52a673cb.jpgcannonball.jpg.2c6757c6944d38cd954a77f000697124.jpg

Griz charges at the bell and puts Sammartino down with a shoulder block. Griz picks up Sammartino and slams him down hard and follows with a big elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Griz swings Sammartino into the corner and goes for an avalanche but Sammartino moves. Griz hits hard and falls back and down. 

Sammartino regroups. Griz staggers up as Sammartino pounds away, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Sammartino picks Griz up and slams him down hard. Sammartino swings off the ropes and hits a jumping fist drop. 

WHAM! 

Larry Zbyszko hits the ring and nails Sammartino with his nun chucks! Larry hammers down on Sammartino with the nun chucks. 

The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Griz rolls out of the ring, groggily raises his arms and leaves. 

Sammartino's head is bleeding as Larry picks him up and executes a swinging neckbreaker! 

Larry steps on Sammartino's chest and walks over him. 

Commercial Break 

The Rock n Roll Express vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

rnr.jpg.1bd3941a733eef78dec98bf1b98c9308.jpg

After what just happened, RnR is just what the fans need. Ricky and Robert electrify the crowd and win the match with the double dropkick! 

RnR cut a promo about their match with the Moondogs next week and promise payback! 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Champs The Olympians vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

olympians.jpg.6399ecf899d93201742ed8062c2bd2f7.jpg

Rheingans hits a gut wrench suplex as Patera follows with the swinging full nelson for the win. 

Nelson: Ok on September 2nd in Winnipeg at the next Title Night, you two will defend the National tag titles against the Brawny Boys, Jim Morris and Bill Kazmaier. 

Rheingans: Wow, this is what the tag team division has come to. Those two oofs are the best the AWA can come up with to challenge us for our prestigious titles. One is a dumb hillbilly and the other is an Olympic wannabe. 

Patera: It makes me sick! The Olympians have brought honor and class to these National titles and yet we have to lower our standards to face a couple of dopes. Well fine, I guess we'll have to make an example of them and once again show the AWA what true champions are all about. 

Commercial Break 

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol 

armstrong.jpg.6181f6b7b3f734afb7f05a1e74e62a02.jpgidol.jpg.29a92f1f4ea889626b09a958d8d997fd.jpg

The bell rings and these two go at it in a furious exchange. Bob gets the upper hand and unloads on Idol, swings him to the ropes and gives him a high back drop. Idol staggers up as Bob puts him down with a clothesline. Bob reaches down but Idol rakes his eyes and delivers a lowblow out of the Ref's sight. 

Idol clears the cobwebs and stomps away on Bob. Idol picks up Bob and throat drops him on the top rope. Idol follows with a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Idol swings Bob to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Bob swings back and shoulder blocks Idol down. Idol staggers up as Bob swings off the ropes and puts him down with a running forearm blast. Bob picks up Idol and attempts the Jaw Breaker, but Chicky Starr hits the ring and attacks Bob! 

The Ref signals for the second DQ of the night. 

As Starr stomps away on Bob, Iceman Parsons hits the ring and all hell breaks loose. All four men are brawling all over the place as officials and prelim wrestlers run out to break it up. 

Commercial Break 

Blackblood w/Skandor Akbar vs. Harold Bannister 

black.png.d99a743e71eaf29ca8721ce11c9d3697.png

Akbar looks pleased as Blackblood jumps off the top rope and hits the flying kneedrop across the throat for the win. 

Nelson: Skandor, at Title Night, Blackblood gets his shot at the International title held by a man you know quite well, Paul Orndorff. 

Akbar: Everyone has seen the devastation Blackblood has done. Paul Orndorff thinks he got the best of me, well think again! At Title Night, I'm going to unleash Blackblood and believe me, he's going to rip Orndorff apart and then take his title! You're doomed and finished Orndorff! Oh and as for those sissys, the Rock in Roll Express, your time in the AWA will be short lived after the Moondogs take care of you next week! 

Commercial Break 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. Trent Watkins 

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver finishes things off with a flying forearm from the middle ropes. 

Nelson: Rip, what's on your agenda here in the AWA? 

Boos as the Vin Man and Vinergy walk out. 

Nelson: Come on Vinnie, this is Rip's time. 

Vinnie: Just a minute Larbo. Nobody cares about Rip Van Winkle. All these people want to hear from me and the future AWA world tag team champs, Vinergy...YEA! 

Rip: Hey, why don't you take a hike little man! 

Vinnie: Nobody talks to the Vin Man like that.

Vinnie pushes Oliver. 

Oliver slaps Vinnie across the face! 

Vinergy jump Oliver and beat him. They hurl him into the ring, swing him to the ropes and put him down with a double Polish Hammer! Vinergy hold Oliver and wait for Vinnie to regroup. Vinnie enters the ring and slaps Oliver across the face. Vinergy laugh and drop Oliver. Vinnie looks into the camera 

"Your next Fantastics! YEA! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, before we get to our main event, I've been told that Bob Armstrong, Iceman Parsons, Chicky Starr and Austin Idol have all been banned from the building. Ok, lets see who walks away with the Superstar moniker. 

'The Rock' Don Muraco w/Superstar Billy Graham vs. Superstar Bill Dundee 

muraco.jpg.02cb1f41e6ce2d53c4dfff3226195956.jpgdundee.jpg.92215388ef79c79a0a35272891ee0701.jpg

Before the bell rings, Dundee is berating Graham. Graham tries to walk away but Dundee sends Graham through the ropes with a forearm blast. Muraco runs out and helps Graham to his feet. Muraco yells at the Ref to ring the bell. 

The bell rings and Muraco goes on a terror and pinballs Dundee all over the ring! Dundee backs into the corner and begs for his life. Muraco smiles and starts kicking and stomping down on Dundee. Muraco picks up Dundee by his hair and hurls him across the ring. Dundee staggers up against the ropes as Muraco charges and clotheslines him over the top rope. Graham walks over to Dundee and hurls him back into the ring. Muraco picks up Dundee, swings him to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam. Muraco hoists up Dundee and delivers a tombstone piledriver! Muraco lifts Dundee up by his hair, hoists him up again and delivers a second tombstone piledriver 1..2..3!!!! 

Billy Graham remains the Superstar! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok. let's take it up to the ring with Ken Resnick. 

Resnick: Thank you very much Larry Nelson. Fans please welcome the new AWA world champion, Hulk Hogan! 

hogan.jpg.7dd58c1b2a5ffc447a19d220c0ecf98d.jpg

Eye of the Tiger blasts as Hogan comes out in jeans, tank top, headband and the world title around his waist. 

Hogan enters the ring and holds his title high as he walks around. 

Resnick: Hulk, on behalf of the AWA and all these screaming fans, congratulations on winning the world title. 

Hogan: Well you know something Killer Ken! Hulk Hogan had one goal in the AWA brother and that was to win this world title and conquer Mount AWA! I achieved that goal thanks to the power of Hulkamania and all my Hulkamaniacs! 

Resnick: You're right about that! Just listen to this crowd. Ok Hulk, I'm sure you saw what went down last week. Brian Adias relinquished his TV title in the midst of a record run to challenge you for the world title. That match takes place in Winnipeg on September 2nd at Title Night. Now Brian has sort of been obsessed with you and your career in Hollywood. 

Hogan: Oh I've heard all the comments from Brian Adias. He's been running his mouth for months about his Hollywood career. But I have one question. What's he actually done in Hollywood? I haven't seen him in anything and nobody in Hollywood seems to know who he is. Brian Adias is all talk brother. He's been bad mouthing me long enough and his time comes at Title Night. Brian Adias! Whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulkamania runs wild on you!!!!!! 

The show ends with Hogan ripping his shirt off and posing. 

The Renegade Warriors are on the warpath.

Larry Z storms the ring to beat down Bruno's boy.

The R n R are ready for the Moondogs.

The Olympians are as cocky as ever.

Things remain unsettled between Armstrong and Idol as their friends get involved.

Honestly can't blame Akbar for being confident.

Vinergy makes a statement at Oliver's expense.

Muraco defends Graham's honor.

Adias doesn't know what he's done.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 8-23-89

Larry Nelson: Hello everybody and welcome to AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight, you'll see the Rock n Roll Express take on the Moondogs. Leo Burke goes up against Glamour Doll. Terry Taylor squares off against Tom Brandi. Brian Adias will be tuning up for his upcoming world title bout. Sweet Dreams will be in tag action. The AWA World tag champs the Fantastics will be in action as well as International champ Paul Orndorff. Ok, let's get to the ring. 

'Lightning' Lou Perez vs. John Selles 

lou.jpg.ee3c4415bf3a30023e39182d1b577fda.jpg

Perez gets the fans going and wins the match with a bridging back suplex. 

Perez cuts a promo and says he knows he came up short in his TV title match a couple weeks ago, but that's not going to keep him down. He's determined, focused and ready. 

Commercial Break 

Leo Burke vs. Glamour Doll 

leo.jpg.58f63c753bdcd84a011e3c74e6d9a6f1.jpgdoll.jpg.6873c697733fb38db77d52de8b21d705.jpg

Doll offers a handshake but before Burke can react, Doll kicks him in the mid section and rakes his eyes. Doll rakes Burke's face across the top rope, then chokes him on the top rope and flings him back. Doll stomps away on Burke and follows with a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Doll swings Burke to the ropes and hits a high dropkick. Doll spends too much time admiring his move before he covers 1..Kick Out. Doll swings Burke into the corner and charges in, but Burke lunges forward and puts Doll down with a running forearm blast. 

Burke fires up and swings Doll into the corner and follows with several European uppercuts. Burke hip tosses Doll across the ring. Burke picks up Doll and delivers a delayed vertical suplex. Burke drops an elbow on Doll. Burke swings Doll to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper. Burke wrenches away as the Ref drops Doll's arm 3 times and signals for the bell. Burke drops Doll and raises his fist to the cheering fans. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok, with me now is Les Thornton. Les, I understand you have an announcement to make. 

Thornton: Yes I do. I have been hard at work assembling what I am calling the Parliament. As you know I purchased the contracts of the British Bombers from Skandor Akbar. I would like to bring them out now. Only they will now be known as the Union Jacks. 

The Union Jacks come out wearing shiny Union Jack themed jackets and Union Jack themed wrestling pants. They shake hands with Thornton. 

Thornton: I have promised the Union Jacks that they can finish their business with Karachi Vice. Once we get through with them, we are setting our sights on tag team gold. Now, I would like you all to show proper respect as Sir Tony St. Clair graces us with his presence. 

St. Clair strolls out in a fur cape and purple wrestling pants with a gold lion on the back. He shakes hands with Thornton and the Union Jacks. 

Thornton: Sir Tony is hands down simply the best wrestler in the AWA. It's only a matter of time before he's holding a prestigious title. You're looking at the Parliament and there is nothing that can stop this royal group. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Champs the Fantastics vs. Cole Winsor and Treat Wallace 

fantastics.jpg.6f85e182fbf652ccdbdec5b7a7ca6f6b.jpg

The Fantastics make it look easy as they win the match with the Rocket Launcher. 

Nelson: On September 2nd at the next Title Night in Winnipeg, you two will be defending against Vinergy. Vinergy have been causing a lot of trouble recently. They kicked Gary Young out of the group, then last week assaulted Rip Oliver. Vinnie says you guys are next. 

Fulton: If they think they're somehow intimidating us, think again! Vinergy! You're next! 

Rogers: The only thing Vinnie and Vinergy are doing is making enemies. At title night, we're going to show them what cohesive tag team wrestling is all about! These belts are staying with us! 

Commercial Break 

The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Moondogs w/Skandor Akbar 

rnr.jpg.1bd3941a733eef78dec98bf1b98c9308.jpgmoondogs.jpg.bd4582da2e63f9407b02f44de615a01a.jpg

I know it's a shocker, but this match never officially begins as both teams just tear into each other before the bell rings and don't stop. It's pure chaos as they brawl all over the place and into the commercial break. This one's far from over. 

Commercial Break 

'The Foreman' Spike Huber vs. Todd Rooney 

huber.jpg.d1e63ccbc8ff61ff78b441ed9a76047d.jpg

Huber looks tough tonight. He gives Rooney an airplane spin, drops him and follows with a standing leg drop for the win. 

Commercial Break 

Sweet Dreams vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

sugar.jpg.e49aca0e1892898b24407d36a1ac353d.jpgdream.jpg.105b21943b188b83092ef8e56947f99d.jpg

Sweet Dreams win the match with a double headbutt. 

Wait a minute! 

Austin Idol and Chicky Starr come into the ring. Starr is holding a briefcase. Idol grabs the mic. 

Idol: After what went down last week, Bill Dundee, the real superstar has left the AWA and I don't blame him. He was robbed and cheated! Well, the All-Stars have decided to turn the heat up around here. (Looks at Dream Machine) Dream, you and I go back a long way daddy and if there's one man who deserves to be an All-Star, it's you baby! My man Chicky has something for you. Consider it a bonus. 

Starr kneels down and opens the briefcase which is filled with money. Starr slides it over towards Dream Machine. 

Dream kneels down and pulls out a wad of bills and counts them. 

Sweet Brown Sugar walks over to Dream and starts talking sense to him. Dream closes the briefcase, grabs it and stands up. Sugar continues to talk with him. Dream clenches the briefcase as he walks towards Idol and Starr. Dream turns around and hits Sugar over the head!! 

Idol and Starr start stomping away on Sugar. They pick up Sugar and hold him. Dream does some shuffling and dancing, then once again hits Sugar over the head with the briefcase. Dream grabs the mic

Dream: Sweet Dreams babay! 

Idol, Starr and Dream hug each other as the fans boo. 

Commercial Break 

'The Red Rooster' Terry Taylor vs. 'Thrilling' Tom Brandi 

taylor2.jpg.7348a55b742218972fa6ce9021403ea6.jpgbrandi.jpg.3526a191c511fb062b85699bea7204a9.jpg

The bell rings and Taylor does a little strut, slicks back his ponytail and flicks his hands at Brandi. They lock up and Brandi hip tosses Taylor over. Taylor gets up as Brandi dropkicks him through the ropes. Taylor staggers up and falls back down as the fans laugh. Taylor gets up and flips over a chair is frustration. Taylor finally gets on the apron and grabs the top rope. Brandi quickly grabs the ropes and flings Taylor back in the ring. Taylor staggers up as Brandi swings off the ropes and hits a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Brandi swings Taylor to the ropes and goes for a back drop, but Taylor kicks him. 

Taylor regroups. Brandi starts to rise as Taylor grabs him and hits a snap suplex. Taylor picks up Brandi and drops him with a neck breaker 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor executes a back breaker, then goes to the top rope. Taylor comes down, but Brandi lifts his boot as Taylor's face hits it. 

Both men are down. The fans fire Brandi up. Both men stagger up as Brandi scoop slams Taylor down. Brandi goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop 1..2..Taylor barely gets his foot under the bottom rope. Brandi gets a little frustrated. Brandi swings Taylor into the corner, hops up on the turnbuckles and starts punching down on Taylor's head. Taylor holds Brandi's legs and delivers an inverted atomic drop. Taylor trips Brandi's legs and pushes them forward as Taylor puts his own feet on the turnbuckles 1..2..3! 

Taylor rolls out of the ring, pats himself on the back and raises both arms in victory as the fans boo. 

Commercial Break 

'Blockbuster' Brian Adias vs. Ray Glader 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpg

The former record setting TV Champ looks focused tonight and wins the match with a cradle suplex. 

Nelson: It all happens in Winnipeg at the next Title Night. Brian Adias, you gave up a lot for this opportunity. 

Adias: It was an easy decision! A no brainer! Because everybody knows that I'm walking out of Winnipeg as the AWA world champion. I've been waiting months for this match! I've been patiently waiting to shut Chump Hogan's mouth. He's not in my league in Hollywood and he damn sure isn't in my league in the ring. Listen up Chump! I'm going to humiliate and embarrass you as I wrestle circles around you. I know what being a champion is all about. Something you'll never know Chumpster. You're nothing but a paper champ. 

Adias pulls out a piece of paper and pen, then signs it and gives it to Nelson. 

Adias: You just got the first autograph of the next AWA world champ. Save that Nelson, it's priceless, just like me. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, don't forget, next Monday right here on Sports Channel America, you will see Title Night from Winnipeg. As for next Friday's show, the Renegade Warriors will take on the Rose Cousins. Let's go to our final match of the night. 

AWA International Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Trent Watkins 

orndorff.jpg.4695d6141bd2560e81d7c36b3d57ced3.jpg

Orndorff has the fans rock'n as he puts his opponent down with the piledriver for the win! 

Orndorff holds his title high as the fans cheer.

WHAM! 

Orndorff is attacked by Black Blood and Soultaker! Akbar is yelling at them to inflict pain. They swing Orndorff to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline. 

Cheers as Steve Disalvo hits the ring with fists flying! Before he can do too much damage, the Moondogs run in. But wait, the Rock n Roll Express are on it. The show ends with another wild brawl! 

AWA Title Night 

9-2-89

From the Winnipeg Arena 

AWA World Title Bout 

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. 'Blockbuster' Brian Adias 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Fantastics (C) vs. Vinergy w/The Vin Man 

AWA International Title Bout 

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (C) vs. Black Blood w/Skandor Akbar 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Olympians (C) vs. The Brawney Boys 

Perez & Burke both get back on track.

The Parliament is in session.

The Fantastics aren't sweating Vinergy.

A Moondogs match gets out of control? Preposterous! Totally unrealistic /s.

Huber with a good showing.

Damn it! Should've known we couldn't trust Dream Machine.

Taylor cheats his way to another victory.

Adias certainly is confident, I'll give him that.

Nothing like a good brawl to send us off the air.

• 2 weeks later...

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 9-2-89

The Show opens with Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to a very special edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Joining me now is the AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow with a very special announcement. Floor's yours Gerry. 

morrow3.jpg.ad197ccbcd3815e1a52841ba4fa0aeff.jpg

Morrow: AHHHHH Thank you Brenda. First let me remind de people dat tomorrow night right here on Sports Channel America, de AWA will present Title Night from de Winnipeg Arena. What a fantastic event dat will be. Of course headlined by de Hulk Hogan, Brian Adias AWA world title bout. Now! As for tonight. You fans are going to witness a 20 man battle royal. De winner of de battle royal will receive an AWA world title shot at de next pay per view in October, which is called The Happening. 

Britton: Oh wow, a lot at stake tonight! 

Morrow: Yes indeed. We will have a couple matches and then de battle royal will follow. There will be plenty of time permitted so not a moment is missed. 

Britton: Well ok! As always all the big announcements happen with me. So let's get to the ring. Until next time tooooodles! 

Karachi Vice vs. Neil Jordan and Alex Rojos 

karachivice.jpg.82900bc813255baaae8f1e36f26cd50e.jpg

Makhan executes a standing belly to belly suplex on Jordan, then tags in Gama. Gama applies the Boston Crab and it's all over. 

Karachi Vice cut a promo on the Union Jacks and say they might have a new look and manager but that wont make a difference next time they meet in the ring. 

Commercial Break 

We see Brutus Beefcake dancing in a night club. He stops and struts over to the camera. 

Beefcake: You know, my good buddy Hulk Hogan called me up and said Brother Bruti, you need to pack up and strut your way to the AWA brother! This is the place to be! I said, say no more Hulk, I'm on my way. Get ready AWA because Brutus Beefcake is coming to liven things up a bit. 

Brutus Beefcake makes his AWA debut next week! 

The Rose Cousins vs. The Renegade Warriors 

roses.jpg.9b827032abed6398624b6277b39aae5f.jpgtribal.jpg.8d7d474c2d18a01f6810e5e3a749e876.jpg

This one's been brewing since WrestleRock. The bell rings and fists are flying. The Ref let's it go for a minute. The Warriors stereo clothesline the Rose Cousins over the top rope. The Warriors pump their fists as the Rose's regroup. 

We get back to business as Chris and Randy go at it. Chris gets the upper hand and tags in Mark. Chris holds Randy as Mark comes off the top rope with a chop to Randy's head. Mark works over Randy and tags in Chris. The Warriors double suplex Randy. Chris covers but Pat runs in with a stomp. Mark chases Pat but the Ref guides him back. Pat drags Randy to the corner and tags himself in. 

Pat goes to town on Chris for a while, slams him down and tags in Randy. They swing Chris to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Randy drags Chris to the corner, hops on the middle turnbuckles and hits a slingshot splash 1..2..Mark makes the save. Pat runs in and brawls with Mark. The Ref is trying to break it up. Randy pulls out a foreign object. Chris staggers up, Randy takes a wild swing but Chris ducks and executes a back suplex but on the way down, Randy hits Chris on top of the head with the foreign object. Randy falls on top as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOO! 

Commercial Break 

20 Man Battle Royal for an AWA World Title shot at The Happening

Participants- Carlos Colon, Don Muraco, Leo Burke, Bob Armstrong, Iceman Parsons, Steve Disalvo, Tom Brandi, Lou Perez, David Sammartino, Spike Huber, Tatsumi Fujinami, Terry Taylor, Larry Zbyszko, Soultaker, Austin Idol, Chicky Starr, Buzz Sawyer, Mike Miller , Glamour Doll, Tony St. Clair 

As the wrestlers fill the ring, Zbyszko arrogantly walks up the aisle, but from behind Sammartino attacks him and puts the boots to him. Officials break it up and escort Sammartino to the back. Zbyszko needs help getting to the back. 

The bell rings and everybody starts in. 

Fujinami eliminates Mike Miller by back dropping him over the top rope. 

Doll and Huber are fighting in the ropes. Burke eliminates Doll as Sawyer eliminates Huber. 

Sawyer and Burke go at it and both men fight over the top rope. They get up and start fighting all the way up the aisle 

St. Clair eliminates Brandi with a running forearm blast. 

Armstrong and Parsons brawl with Idol and Starr. 

Soultaker presses Perez up and tosses him over the top rope. 

Disalvo comes from behind and hurls Soultaker over the top. 

As Soultaker yells up at Disalvo, Terry Taylor comes from behind and eliminates Disalvo. Soultaker takes advantage and beats down Disalvo. 

Muraco, Idol, Starr, Armstrong, Parsons and Colon are all in a cluster. Armstrong, Parsons, and Starr all fly over. 

The officials run over to all the bodies on the floor. 

Wait a minute! Dream Machine runs out and hops on the apron and starts yelling at Muraco. Muraco walks over. Then BILL DUNDEE runs into the ring and nails Muraco from behind, which allows Idol to toss Muraco over. Colon runs over and tosses Idol out. 

On the outside, Dream, Dundee and Idol put the boots to Muraco. 

It's down to Colon, Taylor, St. Clair and Fujinami. 

Colon and St. Clair battle and go for suplexes but both end up over the top rope and tumble to the outside. They stagger up and stare daggers at each other. 

It's down to Taylor and Fujinami. They give the fans a nice little back and forth. Taylor gets the upper hand as he nails Fujinami with the flying forearm. Taylor spends a little too much time showing off. Taylor hurls Fujinami over the top rope, but Fujinami holds on. Taylor thinks he won and starts strutting around the ring. Fujinami pulls himself up and back into the ring. He nails Taylor from behind with an Enzigiri! Fujinami then hurls Taylor over the top rope! 

tatsumi.jpg.1e1834386b7e892b94d52b8d478288cd.jpg

Winner of the Battle Royal-Tatsumi Fujinami

AWA Title Night @ The Winnipeg Arena  9-3-89 

belt.jpg.ffc428bf4f8d01f47f041d57f4dd5af2.jpg

Ken Resnick: Hello fans and welcome to Title Night. Four huge title matches scheduled, so let's get down to the ring. 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout 

The Olympians (C) vs. The Brawny Boys 

The Olympians look arrogant and proud tonight while Morris and Kazmaier look focused and determined. After a couple minutes of back and forth action, Patera challenges Kaz to a test of strength. They lock hands. The momentum goes back and forth. Kaz slowly starts to get the upper hand but Rheingans comes in and delivers a high knee to Kaz's back. Morris mows Rheingans down. The Ref guides Morris back as Patera stomps down on Kaz. 

The Olympians control the segment as Patera brings the power, while Rheingans puts his technical skills to work. Kaz is finally able to tag in Morris.

Morris cleans house as he slams Rheingans down hard, then sends Patera over the top rope with a big boot. The Brawny Boys continue to work over Rheingans. Kaz swings Rheingans to the ropes and clinches a bear hug. Kaz wrenches away. Patera runs in and clotheslines Kaz from behind. Morris runs in and hammers away on Patera. The Ref guides Morris back. Patera grabs a towel on the apron and loads it with a roll of coins. Kaz presses Rheingans over his head. Patera runs in and blasts Kaz with the loaded towel. The Ref turns around just as Patera nails Kaz. The Ref yanks the towel from Patera as coins fall out everywhere. The Ref immediately signals for the DQ. 

The Olympians don't even bother to argue as they grab their titles and head up the aisle while being pelted by garbage. 

Winners of the Match by DQ- The Brawny Boys. However, the titles do not change hands on a DQ. 

AWA International Title Bout 

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (C) vs. Black Blood w/Skandor Akbar 

The bell rings. Akbar is yelling at Orndorff. Orndorff punches Akbar and hurls him over the top rope. Blackblood quickly attacks Orndorff. Blood picks up Orndorff and throat drops him on the top rope. Blood picks up Orndorff and drags his face across the top rope. Blood chokes Orndorff on the bottom rope, then swings off the opposite ropes and hits a body guillotine. Blood drags Orndorff out and drops a big elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Blood swings Orndorff into the corner and charges in but Orndorff raises his knees as Blood hits them head on. Orndorff regroups. 

Orndorff hops on the middle ropes. Blood staggers up as Orndorff puts him down with a double axe handle. Orndorff swings off the ropes and delivers a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Orndorff swings Blood to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Orndorff follows with a delayed knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Orndorff slams Blood down and signals for the piledriver. Akbar gets on the apron and yells at Orndorff. Orndorff walks over. Akbar taunts him. Orndorff grabs him and lifts him off his feet. Blood staggers up, runs over and clips Orndorff behind the knee. 

Blood kicks Orndorff out of the ring. Blood distracts the Ref as Akbar kicks away on Orndorff. Blood goes to the outside and hurls Orndorff into the guard rail. Blood grabs Orndorff and slings him back in the ring. Blood follows. Blood picks up Orndorff and delivers a back breaker. Blood goes to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop but Orndorff moves at the last second. 

Both men are lying side by side. Both men stagger up as Orndorff punches away on Blood, then atomic drops him into the corner. Blood hits hard and staggers back into a German Suplex by Orndorff. Once again, Akbar gets on the apron. Orndorff grabs Akbar again and chokes him. Blood staggers up and charges but this time Orndorff moves as Blood collides into Akbar. Orndorff rolls Blood up 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match and still AWA International Champ- Paul Orndorff 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Fantastics (C) vs. Vinergy w/The Vin Man 

Vinnie looks full of confidence as he leads Vinergy to the ring. The place goes nuts as the Fantastics head down the aisle. 

These teams give the fans quite a tag team showcase. The Fantastics are on another level when it comes to teamwork as they work Vinergy over with quick tags and high octane maneuvers. Vinergy is definitely making an impression tonight as they control a segment with power and speed. They almost score an upset, when they hit a double sling shot suplex on Rogers but Fulton makes the save. 

The Fantastics come back hard and almost put Dukes away with a double dropkick, but Putski makes the save. More see saw action follows which leads to a pier six brawl. During the brawl the Ref takes a bump. Vinnie goes to the top rope. 

Hold on! 

Gary Young and Rip Oliver sprint down the aisle. They both push Vinnie off the top turnbuckles. Vinergy sees this and head towards Oliver and Young. The Fantastics dropkick Dukes out of the ring. They grab Putski and double slam him down, then follow with the Rocket Launcher! The Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! Big Pop! 

As the Fantastics leave. Young and Oliver beat down Dukes on the outside. They go into the ring and take it to Putski. Vinnie tries to crawl out of there but Oliver and Young grab him. Vinnie is begging and pleading. Oliver smiles and slaps Vinnie across the face. Vinnie spins around as Young winds up and slaps him down. Young picks up Vinnie and delivers a tornado DDT! Oliver and Young leave while Vinnie and Vinergy are laid out. 

Winners of the Match and still AWA World tag team champs- The Fantastics 

AWA World Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. 'Blockbuster' Brian Adias 

The fans boo as Adias heads to the ring. He grabs a Hulk Hogan poster from a kid and rips it up. Adias enters the ring, climbs to each corner and holds his arms up in victory while he berates the booing fans. 

The boos turn to thundering cheers as Eye of the Tiger blasts. Hogan heads up the aisle wearing a white bandana, tank top and white trunks with the world title around his waist. His eyes bulge as he points up at Adias. 

Hogan enters the ring, rips off his shirt and throws it at Adias. Adias is livid. 

The introductions are made. The bell rings. Adias charges but Hogan stops him in his tracks, grabs him by the throat and choke slams Adias down. Hogan picks up Adias, swings him to the ropes and sends him through the ropes with an axe bomber. Adias tries to get up but falls back down. The Ref starts the count. Adias gets on the apron. Hogan grabs Adias and flings him back into the ring. Hogan goes to pick up Adias but Adias lowblows him. This gets a stern warning from the Ref. 

Adias clears the cob webs. Adias starts stomping down on Hogan. Adias grabs Hogan's ripped shirt and chokes him with it. Adias picks up Hogan and delivers a Russian Leg Sweep. Adias goes to the top rope. Hogan staggers up as Adias nails him with a missile dropkick! Adias covers 1..2..Kick Out. Adias berates the Ref and almost punches him. Adias swings Hogan to the ropes and puts him down with a flying back elbow smash. Adias goes to the middle ropes and delivers a knee drop. Adias picks up Hogan and drops him with a hangman's neckbreaker. Adias signals the end. He picks Hogan up and executes his Cradle suplex 1..2..Hogan lifts his shoulder! Adias can't believe it. After arguing with the Ref, Adias swings Hogan to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Hogan swings back and clotheslines Adias down. Hogan pumps up. 

Hogan swings Adias into the corner and delivers a running clothesline. Hogan swings Adias into the opposite corner and has Adias off his feet as he delivers another running clothesline. Hogan swings Adias to the ropes and gives him a big boot to the head. Hogan delivers a thundering body slam to Adias. Hogan swings off the ropes and hits the big leg drop 1..2..3!!! 

The place goes bonkers. 

Hogan walks around the ring holding up his title, then ends the night with his pose downs. 

Winner of the Match and still AWA World Champ- Hulk Hogan