Pro Wrestling Only

R.I.P. New Jack

KawadaSmile

The last thing the man ever tweeted. Consistent until the end. What a guy. Rest in peace. One of the first people who did the edgy content that would become the hallmark of the late 90s wrestling boom, and while in hindsight it was a mistake on Corny's part to book him to cut those race-baiting promos in SMW, I cannot lie: him royally pissing off a bunch of racist redneck wrestling fans is deeply satisfying to me on a personal level.  

What a shock. 

I was in attendance for ECW Living Dangerously (2000) and had the best seat in the house - otherwise the worst nosebleed seats in the back - for the insane scaffold match between New Jack and Vic Grimes. A work of art it obviously wasn't, but a memorable and shocking "car crash" scene it was definitely was.

I witnessed Tommy Dreamer come running out of a door to check on both of them, which seemed completely out of place to me at the time, but it made sense later on when we learned that Dreamer also had backstage office duties. 

This is one of those deaths that on one hand isn't surprising because of everything he put his body through, but on the other hand it's the most surprising since I had him in the Jake Roberts "if he survived all that shit, he's gonna live forever" category. 

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I wonder if they had to do the Klingon death cry for him just to let people know what they are in for in the afterlife.

"Mothafuckin' Sto-Vo-Kor better get ready. Gowron, your bug eyed bitch ass gonna get fucked up again!"

RIP to a guy who I didn't care WHAT he did that was crazy or criminal.