Pro Wrestling Only

Seth Rollins vs Chris Adams

Loss

Seth Rollins vs Chris Adams  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you rank higher?

• Seth Rollins
    • Chris Adams

Seth Rollins once, in a match were the focal point was that he had a bad leg going in, then got his leg worked over, would hit a running release powerbomb and deadlift his opponent into a Falcon Arrow.

Chris Adams is someone I enjoy but have no real advanced thoughts on him. My advanced thoughts on Seth are very very negative. 

On 6/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, El Dragon said:

Seth Rollins once, in a match were the focal point was that he had a bad leg going in, then got his leg worked over, would hit a running release powerbomb and deadlift his opponent into a Falcon Arrow. 

Mate this happened like 10 times in 2018 alone. It was his standard match layout.

Chris Adams. He was a good wrestler so is clearly better than Seth Rollins.

I can't think of anyone who my opinion of dropped more than Rollins over time. When he was Tyler Black and even really early in his WWE run he was never my favorite, but I saw he had some good qualities. It felt like he had the ability to sharpen his game into something really good. Then it felt like he did the opposite of everything that would have made him resonate with my tastes. He is the embodiment of a lot of criticisms that I think get thrown around in wrestling in bad faith too much. He is athletic and physically talented, but everything looks the same and nothing really feels like it matters.

I think the biggest indictment on him might actually be his best WWE match, the triple threat with Brock and Cena. I still think the match is a ton of fun, but when he and Cena are left alone I was bored to death. It lost all its urgency and I really think it should have been on Rollins to bring a lot of that.  It was an abject failure in that little section of the match for me

I don't mean to harp on the negative side of this, but I'm sort of just with most others. Adams is a long shot for my list, but he has a shot.  He is a indeed a somewhat underrated wrestler who I have enjoyed, but never really explored the work of actively. Rollins is someone I have been exposed to a lot and find no connection to.

5 hours ago, Cap said:

I can't think of anyone who my opinion of dropped more than Rollins over time. When he was Tyler Black and even really early in his WWE run he was never my favorite, but I saw he had some good qualities. It felt like he had the ability to sharpen his game into something really good. Then it felt like he did the opposite of everything that would have made him resonate with my tastes. He is the embodiment of a lot of criticisms that I think get thrown around in wrestling in bad faith too much. He is athletic and physically talented, but everything looks the same and nothing really feels like it matters.

Amen. 

I really enjoyed his run in the Shield and think he's been a genuinely good tag worker at times. There was even a time in 2018 where I started to come around on him. But at the end of the day he's just a super mediocre singles wrestler.