Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/5 - 7/11 I guess no one watched Raw last night

NintendoLogic

So Zelina Vega is following the time-honored tradition of currying favor with management by picking a fight with THE SHEETZ. She also deleted her tweet about unionization. It'd be one thing if she pulled a Jesse Ventura and decided it wasn't a hill worth dying on if no one else was going to stand up for their rights (and Ventura at least got his SAG card first). But seeing her go full corporate simp is pretty disappointing.

1 hour ago, Dav'oh said:

In reading the story, had no idea he got found not guilty on the prior DUI charge, despite what seemed like pretty damning video evidence. Would love to hear the story on that one.

I don't have any direct evidence, but knowing everything I know about both WWE and how Florida's legal system works I'd be willing to bet cash changed hands to make the prior DUI go away. I think that was also the one Naomi claimed she was driving as well. 

It's one thing to have a stupid lapse in judgement, but at this point Jimmy seems to be in clear need of help. It's not like he's just barely hitting the limit, dude's been at the minimum double the limit if not higher every time. To me that takes it from "didn't time that after dinner beer right before heading home" to "trying to navigate a vehicle while being totally fucking hammered". 

Guess we'll see how WWE handles this one since he's technically the level of a guy who would normally get endeavored for the bad PR, but also has the family connections that would allow him to face no real consequences. 

Jimmy Uso deserves to spend a significant amount of time behind bars, period, because he's a selfish prick who has repeatedly endangered not only himself but anyone else who has had the misfortune of sharing the road with him.

Fuck him. 

As for Zelina, I'm more sympathetic. Fuck everyone else. No one else in "DA BIDNESS" stood up for her, so why should she sacrifice her career? Answer: She shouldn't and didn't, and I don't blame her one bit! Fuck Andrew Yang for being the fakest, most useless, do-nothing politician ever. Fuck Gabrielle Carteris too (Andrea on 90210, but now the President of SAG and hasn't done shit either despite saying she would). 

40 minutes ago, C.S. said:

As for Zelina, I'm more sympathetic. Fuck everyone else. No one else in "DA BIDNESS" stood up for her, so why should she sacrifice her career? Answer: She shouldn't and didn't, and I don't blame her one bit! Fuck Andrew Yang for being the fakest, most useless, do-nothing politician ever. Fuck Gabrielle Carteris too (Andrea on 90210, but now the President of SAG and hasn't done shit either despite saying she would). 

I don't blame her for going back, but to go so far as to publicly suck up to management by bashing "dirt sheets" who IIRC never said any bad or untrue thing about her is a letdown. It poisons the well against anyone reporting on the company and just feeds the stan mentality among WWE diehards who think anyone who says it's not sunshine and daisies is a liar with a grudge. 

52 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I don't blame her for going back, but to go so far as to publicly suck up to management by bashing "dirt sheets" who IIRC never said any bad or untrue thing about her is a letdown. It poisons the well against anyone reporting on the company and just feeds the stan mentality among WWE diehards who think anyone who says it's not sunshine and daisies is a liar with a grudge. 

Well, let's not pretend Dave doesn't have a very long history of questionable comments against women and in general. (Inviting Bruce Mitchell onto your podcast and not challenging a fucking thing he says, anyone?) No, Zelina shouldn't be getting her news from those weird anti-Dave troll accounts, but Dave has long lost the right to get the benefit of the doubt on this issue.  

18 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Well, let's not pretend Dave doesn't have a very long history of questionable comments against women and in general. (Inviting Bruce Mitchell onto your podcast and not challenging a fucking thing he says, anyone?) No, Zelina shouldn't be getting her news from those weird anti-Dave troll accounts, but Dave has long lost the right to get the benefit of the doubt on this issue.  

That's the weird part, of all the times he's said stuff that might have warranted the response, this was the one time he didn't say anything other than she was seen at the PC and expected to return to WWE at some point. When you're going to start throwing fire bombs, you better make sure your aim is correct. 

Whataboutery isn't a relevant argument imo. Dave's comments about women had no bearing here, because he was not discussing her looks at all. She brought it up deliberately to try and deflect the attention away from the fact that she was complaining about the "dirtsheets" for absolutely no reason other than to suck up to management. If she had a legit grievance, she could have easily mentioned the specifics, like Miro did when he was doing his post-WWE interview tour.

It is not Zelina's burden to spearhead the unionization effort. No individual even has a hope, unless the individual has fuck you money like John Cena. I also don't mind the fact that she deleted her old tweet. Like, what is she supposed to do here? Of course no unionization is happening anytime soon. Her tweet would just be used by fans and toxic Twitter users to dunk on her and troll her every time she'd say anything on Twitter. All the "This You??" tweets would get really tiresome for her, and also would not help any unionization effort. If anything, it would probably get wrestlers to decide against speaking out about unionization.

However, it would have been easy for her to stick up for herself without trying to find a new target to deflect all the heat towards. Her dirtsheet comments was clearly for a very specific crowd. Which is great if that helps her career, but that means she has no moral high ground either. Using other women to get around the fact that her dirtsheet rant was nonsensical and that she rightly got criticised for it is pretty weak. There's a reason her deflection didn't work this time, and no one apart from the hardcore anti-Dave trolls went after Dave this time. She was objectively incorrect about the evil dirtsheets reporting false things. There wasn't much to get mad about

My biggest issue was how it was basically the wrestling equivalent of right wing idiots screaming about "fake news" every time there's a story being reported that doesn't put them in the best light. I hate when journalists get demonized for doing their jobs, and it annoys me even worse when wrestling/MMA/sports fans in general think the media exists to carry the big company's water and never be critical. 

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

Andrew Yang never actually became US attorney general, so he's got literally no power to do anything.

33 minutes ago, Migs said:

Andrew Yang never actually became US attorney general, so he's got literally no power to do anything.

I'm aware, but he said he'd either become the AG or know the AG. All hot air. Nothing happened.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

Well, let's not pretend Dave doesn't have a very long history of questionable comments against women and in general.

I think Dave biggest issue is he skirts around the issue, instead of just coming out and saying what he means. If he had just said there's pressure for woman in the WWE to look a certin way and its a shame Peyton Royce had breast augmentation to fit into that image of what the WWE expect or want the women to look like. 

He might still have been cruified, as Peyton could have had said it was her body and her choice and not the WWE on her to have the surgery. 

Same thing happened with charlotte 

But the point is that the WWE has and always have been a sexist company. Unfortunately whenever issues are pointed out, the women involved defend the comany and call out sexist or misogynistic to the person who dares criticise the company.

Like Zelina using the line "degrading women in the busines for no reason" in her tweet.

Trying to turn it into dave's a sexist and he has no right to defend himself or his work.

What's frustrating about the Jimmy case is that he knows how to play the system at this point. He never refused to take a field sobriety test back in 2019 but said he would only comply if his lawyer was present (there is a part in the video where he goes in circles each time the officer tries to conduct it). There's not much else the officer could have done, it seems, and they had to wait for his lawyer to arrive from out of state which gives Jimmy enough time to bring down any readings. 

I imagine it then going something like:
Defense: did you take a test?
Officer: No, bu...
Defense: do you have proof he was over the limit
Officer: No, bu...
Defense: I rest my case.