Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - July 14, 2021

MoS

Just finished the show a bit back (Finals take precedence, sorry AEW)

Ricky Starks was insanely over.  Great to see

Cody was treated like the heel he is, also great to see.  He's been the biggest channel changer for me during the pandemic.  Amazing how he went from someone I was digging and rooting for to succeed, despite the obvious douchebaggery, to this.  He books himself as a super babyface and I fucking hate him.  He truely is Dusty's son.  It all started with that fucking tattoo IMO.  Just turn him F'n heel and get it over with

I didn't see anything wrong with Black's promo.  He allowed more of his accent to seep in than he did in WWE, that's for sure.  In WWE he had perfected the Bale Batman delivery.  More of his uber Dutch plz

I thought the segment with Page and the Elite came off great.  Loved them taking turns calling him a piece of shit, and Matt the emotional one needing to get in his face and bring up their past.  A little slip up live where I thought they were booking the match live on the fly.....then they never followed up with when it's going to happen.  Later in the show they needed to address this.  I might have missed it, but I didn't see them advertise it for week 2 of Fyter Fest, even tho that's logical

Main event was wild.  I never saw Ethan Page in Impact, but I've been consistently impressed with him in AEW.  He now needs to be off for a F'n bit to sell the finality of that.  I like the pairing of him and Scorpio a lot.....they'd be great challengers for a champ team of Proud N Powerful down the line.....but that's kind of the problem with AEW.  Too much talent.  Page should be leaving the territory for a while, hell...maybe he will?

Anyway, great show overall, so awesome seeing them back in front of fans outside of Florida again.  If you watched that show and didn't think "gee that looks like fun" and want to go live when they're in your town than I don't even know

13 hours ago, MoS said:

I hope to God that coffin was completely gimmicked 

It very clearly was just a thin piece of plywood

AEW has got to do something about either working with TNT or changing their match formats because commercial breaks are fucking brutal and it's almost every match on the show. In fact it might actually be every match on the show has an ad break. PIP bullshit does not help at all. Also these mfs really missed the shot of the first Sting misses Stinger Splash on guard rail spot on Turner Television in 20+ years. 

Other than what looked like some minor language barrier miscommunication between Yuka and Penelope during their match, I felt like this was a pretty solid all around edition of Dynamite.

Getting back on the road is going to end up being a huge thing for AEW as people are obviously super excited to see the product. They were popping like crazy for Christian/Hardy, the aformentioned women's match, and everything else. 

I do think that if they continue with the Black/Cody feud, the crowd is going to double turn them whether they want too or not!

3 minutes ago, Stiva said:

They got over a million for this Dynamite and beat Raw in 18-49. What are we saying? Moxley? Darby? Fans being back? Sakazaki?!

The highest drawing segment was the Britt promo and the start of Sammy/Yuta. So the good doctor = ratings.

I honestly am looking forward to have Britt go past Nyla Rose and move on to another challenger at this point. But yeah, she's incredibly over with the crowd right now. Finally, AEW has someone they can really build the division and promote it around.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, Stiva said:

They got over a million for this Dynamite and beat Raw in 18-49. What are we saying? Moxley? Darby? Fans being back? Sakazaki?!

Someone on Twitter pointed out that three of the four shows that have topped 1 Million viewers were main evented by Darby.