Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
KawadaSmile

WWE TV 09/13 - 09/19 NXT 2.0 debut and Monday Night Football massacre

18 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wasn't Rick himself really fucking over on the Varsity Club, tho? Besides, I'd rather have the son of Wayne Bloom over the son of Curt Hennig. Lineage is not everything etc

Rick got over as the child like muscle man who was being bullied by the rest of the group, and when he finally turned the crowd went nuts.

It seems people really did tune in for NXT 2.0.

If they are able to sustain that, specially younger viewers, I'm happy. 2012-2015 NXT is one of my favorite wrestling shows ever, and if they capture that same energy (the first episode did feel like it), awesome.

Admittedly, the NXT 2.0 #InDex wedding angle was pretty good/entertaining. So kudos to them for that. Dexter got a big pop for literally saying two words. :lol:

The wedding was great, everyone was amazing in their roles, and it was a wrestling wedding that didn't get ruined in the end. That has to be the first time since Uncle Elmer for that to happen. 

Johnny Gargano has been more entertaining as the overprotective dad (who kinda has legit reasons to be so considering the boyfriend is a serial killer) than anything else he's ever been involved with. Even Austin Theory has been killing it as the "dumb brother" which admittedly probably isn't that much of a stretch for him. 

1 hour ago, Strummer said:

Brock v Roman announced for the blood money show on Oct. 21.

This is the least surprising news ever, but what a depressingly shitty company.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

The wedding was great, everyone was amazing in their roles, and it was a wrestling wedding that didn't get ruined in the end. That has to be the first time since Uncle Elmer for that to happen. 

A woman ended up married to Uncle Elmer. That counts as ruined.

1 minute ago, Strummer said:

Roman wrestling on Raw? Still freaked out about losing the rating I see

I mean, NFL is having an absurd season start. That's killing them more than anything, so the more they can mitigate the damage, the better.

Boo at having Bianca be slammed in her own homecoming party.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I mean, NFL is having an absurd season start. That's killing them more than anything, so the more they can mitigate the damage, the better.

Sean Ross Sapp said he has a 3-part story coming out next week about the USA/WWE/FOX relationship next week, something he has been working on for three months apparently, so wouldn't be surprised if there's some connection here. 

Fox didn't shell out the money they did to get the B show, and neither did USA. WWE basically promised both sides would get the A show and I don't know if Vince's brain can handle the concept of a 1a and 1 b show. 

Yeah USA used to be able to crank out their own shows that would get decent to good ratings, but they haven't been able to do that very much as of late. That ends up making Raw even more valuable to them.