• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE DRAFT: ROUND 4

Naomi --> Smackdown
Rey and Dominik Mysterio --> Raw
Jeff Hardy --> Smackdown 
Austin Theory (NXT) --> Raw

Brock Lesnar --> Free Agent ("because of Paul Heyman")

Smackdown clearly won Night 1 of the Draft by picking Madcap Moss in the third round.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

What is Seth even wearing holy shit

And holy shit not great planning by Seth.  You go to Edges home to presumably attack and harass his family but you left your own wife unprotected in the same building with Edge who *as a Babyface* has a history of kidnapping opponents family members and torturing them... Classic WWE booking... Sigh

19 minutes ago, pmo said:

And holy shit not great planning by Seth.  You go to Edges home to presumably attack and harass his family but you left your own wife unprotected in the same building with Edge who *as a Babyface* has a history of kidnapping opponents family members and torturing them... Classic WWE booking... Sigh

Becky is tougher than Edge.

Okay, granted, Beth is way tougher than Seth.

I still don't know why Edge didn't tell his wife to call Christian - or at least drop in a "Jay" reference as an Easter Egg. Okay, I do know why, obviously - but it's one of those things that makes wrestling so illogical. Any other show - let's use Fuller House as an example - would throw in the occasional "Michelle" or "Aunt Becky" reference even though they're no longer acting and/or in prison.

Voices of Wrestling on Twitter said it would be a good idea to capitalise on the goodwill Roman has earned from this run to do a double turn with Brock and finally fulfill Roman's potential as a face. That is something I have been thinking is a good idea since the second Lesnar showed up and Heyman was the centre of a wrestling love triangle. My idea came from Brock's own original face turn from 2002, when Heyman betrayed Brock to align himself with a bigger monster in Big Show (and then turned on Big Show in a month to align himself with Angle, but let's ignore that.) A double turn with Heyman aligning himself with Brock versus Roman seems a great way to accomplish this.

Now, that turn arguably failed but that was because it was too soon to turn Brock. I don't think it's too soon to turn Roman. He has been heel and champ for a year now. He has done some great work, but I firmly believe that long term, the top person in your promotion should be a face. It was WWE's tried and tested philosophy for decades, a philosophy that has made it a billion dollar juggernaut. I think fans are now perfectly fine with cheering Roman unreservedly, and he deserves a run as the undisputed top face. The main reason I would have liked his heel run to continue would have been if he eventually put over Big E huge, but I don't think that is in WWE's plans anytime soon, so might as well do the double turn.

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

Becky is tougher than Edge.

Okay, granted, Beth is way tougher than Seth.

I still don't know why Edge didn't tell his wife to call Christian - or at least drop in a "Jay" reference as an Easter Egg. Okay, I do know why, obviously - but it's one of those things that makes wrestling so illogical. Any other show - let's use Fuller House as an example - would throw in the occasional "Michelle" or "Aunt Becky" reference even though they're no longer acting and/or in prison.

He dropped a bigger easter egg by saying Daniel and David were on their way, who are real life neighbours/friends The Revival. That's a deep inside cut.