Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/1-11/7 Raw ended, you can wake up now

sek69

To be fair, Raw had some good matches, but it all seems so pointless since everyone always lands back in the same positions. I laughed at Chad Gable trying to recruit Big E by saying "look how much I did for Otis".....yeah Chad, he went from being in one lower mid card tag team to another. I guess not being stuck as a comedy guy is an improvement?

So SRS is reporting that apparently Bray Wyatt was vocal about creative sucking to the point people believe Vince soured on him over it and that's why he was released. No one believed the "budget cuts" reason for his release since he was a big merch seller and was over with the crowd. 

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

So SRS is reporting that apparently Bray Wyatt was vocal about creative sucking to the point people believe Vince soured on him over it and that's why he was released. No one believed the "budget cuts" reason for his release since he was a big merch seller and was over with the crowd. 

I can't imagine there being a single person in the back not thinking all those Wyatt/Fiend segments weren't absolute dogshit, including Vince. The idea of Vince throwing a "good shit, pal" at any single one of those segments instead of throwing the headset in disgust as soon as Wyatt came to the back is baffling to me.

I think the implication here is that all the Invincible Fiend stuff was Vince's idea, and when Bray tried to push back on it he got heat. I honestly think it's going to come out that Bray's involvement was just designing the look for  the Fiend and the actual booking was out of his control. 

Say what you will, Bray's not a dumb guy, he had to know how every program the Fiend had ended up hurting the momentum of the opponent. The only good match to come out of it was Bryan working a miracle. I can't imagine they would have kept booking him the same way after the first bad match if it was all his ideas, the fact that it kept happening had to have been a Vince call.

I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but I don't get why Gargano is still there. He doesn't fit with the direction they want to go in NXT, he's got no chance on the main roster. They must think he'd be a difference maker in AEW because I don't see any reason why Vince keeps him around. 

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but I don't get why Gargano is still there. He doesn't fit with the direction they want to go in NXT, he's got no chance on the main roster. They must think he'd be a difference maker in AEW because I don't see any reason why Vince keeps him around. 

I'm guessing that the idea is for people like Gargano, Ciampa, LA Knight to operate as player/coaches for a green roster of developmental talent. I've seen @rovert saying on Twitter than Gargano and Candice love mentoring people, as seen with their work with The Way.

Bray can say creative sucks all he likes, I don't think any of us will dispute that, but given that a tweet came out over the weekend saying he had a vision to bring all the playhouse puppets to life as wrestlers, all played by himself, I think we can safely say a lot of the dogshit Fiend stuff was strictly on his shoulders.

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Gargano's NXT contract expires on December 3rd.

Last month Gargano's camp put out a rumour that Tony Khan isn't a fan of him (doesn't make sense IMO). I assume that rumour was spread to protect the outcome of the Gargano/Ciampa match.

I will give Gargano credit. A couple of years ago, I was sick and tired of him and wanted him to move to Raw or Smackdown, even if he'd be wasted, just because he desperately needed a change of scenery. Then The Way came along and he became an awesomely goofy midcard heel. The guy is extremely versatile. WWE should do everything it can to hold onto him, because he'd definitely be an asset to AEW. My guess is is decision will hinge on Candice's contract status. If she still has a couple of years left, I could see him staying put.

WWE announcing the Survivor Series teams on Social Media. Team Raw includes Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Rey Mysterio, and Dominic.

Saw a fantastic reply that said "Nice of Rey to put aside that time Seth took his eye out of his head in the name of Brand Supremacy"

What a fucking nonsensical company.

All the members of Team Raw just came over in the draft. Also LOL so hard at Alyiah being on the SD Team.  Even with their limited selections, how is someone who toiled in developmental for like a decade in your top five? This like that one SS where they had guys like Steve Casey on teams because a bunch of people were fired for failing drug tests.