Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 17, 2021

MoS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main event was a little too much for my tastes, Sammy "rolling through" a clothesline after crashing into a table 1 minute before made me laugh out loud at how ridiculous it was. But hey, crowd loved it.

Tremendous fucking show. Set up a ton of shit I'm actually interested in seeing. Haven't felt like that watching wrestling in forever :D

Yeah I don't give a shit about Lethal either. Apart from that though, a tremendous show, set up some intriguing feuds while keeping Punk-Kingston 2 and Hangman-MJF simmering in the background. Hangman v. Dick Danielson is going to be great. This might have been their best post-PPV show in history. 

28 minutes ago, joeg said:

10 years ago who would have imagined Fire Ant would team with Tomohiro Ishii against Pepper Parks and the guitarist from Every Time I Die on major national TV 

Who is currently on tour with said band and came back just to have a a match with Ishii.

First forty minutes or so of the show were AMAZING and exactly what I want in my pro wrestling: first the Hangman celebration, and man I'm in board for that, and then the next number one contender appears and the tension escalates quickly but organically. Loved that segment. Then, because Evil Uno is booked against Bryan, we have a reason for not having the Page/Danielson match right now, but we still move to the next segment of the show with logic, and boy was that opening match fun. Gotta love bully Danielson, but honestly Evil Uno surprised me, he showed potential here. And, my favourite part, the crowd went allong with all this stuff: they obvioulsy cheered for Hangman and reacted at everything Danielson wanted them to react and how he wanted them to react, but my surprise was to hear how over Dark Order as a whole is because of the Hangman story, and Evil Uno was pretty over as the underdog. This is pro wrestling when it's done right, and it's the most beautiful thing in the world. I don't care about Colt Cabana (and funnily enough crowd seemed to didn't care either, but next week they're on Chicago so I guess i'ts gonna be hot), but Danielson is having fun bullying Dark Order before having his title match, and that sounds fun as hell.

Really liked the Ishii tag match, everyone played their role well. But man, I HATED that they didn't give Ishii his own entrance with his fucking badass theme song. It's TOMOHIRO ISHII. MAKING HIS AEW DEBUT. C'mon man.

My biggest dissapointment with this show was how they decided to finish two really interesting rivalries after the first PPV match. Both MJF/Allin and Punk/Kingston had so much potential, why ending just like that after one match? Darby shouldn't accept the fact MJF cheated to defeat him, and oh my, Eddie DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T accept that Punk defeated him like that. I don't buy it. Punk/MJF will be fine, but at this point, I'm not nearly as interested because I'm assuming things are gonna end after one match so why should I be more invested for a rivalry? Is Cody Rhodes the only one allowed to have a multi-chapter rivalry?

Speak of the devil, I'm kinda interested in that 4vs4 multiman they're setting up. It should be hard for Cody to fuck things up when he will be surrounded by PAC, Black, Andrade, FTR and the Lucha Bros + Arn and Tully doing their thing. Sounds like a very cool match, hope they dare to make it an elimination or, even better, a Gauntlet match, just to elevate the stakes and ending the rivalry in a big way (and hopefully with the heels winning).

Nyla vs Shida was pretty good. Nyla looked great and I hope she wins the whole tournament and championship, because she's the only wrestler that forces the other women to fight a kind of different match where it's easier to do something, you know, good. The "monster heel vs underdog" dynamic almost always works, trying to have epic 50-50 matches when they're not at that level yet, doesn't. So yeah, I'm rooting for Rose here.

REALLY liked the main event. I hate Jay Lethal because duh, everyone should, but he gave a pretty cool, motivated, performance. And  boy, Sammy Guevara is a delight to watch, he countered everything Lethal had for him, and he moves so fucking fast and with so much... grace, and fluidity. He also puts so much energy behind every move he does, and he's believable in a way few other current high flyers usually are (even Darby, sometimes). Glad he retained, he's having a crazy run, and when that boy reaches his peak, I'm sure he's gonna have blast after blast.

I don't think Punk-Kingston is ending, at least I hope not. No immediate rematch, but Kingston referenced Punk constantly in his promo. MJF constantly mentioned wrestling for the world title too, so I think (hope?) that would be the world title program, and Punk and Kingston will go back to theirs. I don't mind no immediate rematches, as long as they get back to each other soon.