Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage December 31st 2021

Blehschmidt

I legit thought that Penelope had knocked herself out on that moonsault early. She was that close to hitting her head on the ring apron.

But yeah, the ladies delivered on that one. I still think Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa was better overall but all 4 women don't have anything to be ashamed of with that performance. It was pretty good.

This was all about the Bunny. That's the Allie I know and love. Of course she's gonna bleed bucket and take horrific bumps in tacks. Ozaki would be proud. Gotta love Conti just wanting to fuck some shit up, hey, she said it herself, she wants to go to Japan and kick people in the head too. What a crazy match. Won't help the female demo for sure, but what a memorable way to end the year. 

Ethan Page was excellent there. He always delivers when called on (see also, his match against Darby).

That was a fantastic street fight. Unlike a lot of modern wrestling street fights/no dq matches, which feel like sanitized stunt scenes or Marvel action scenes, even with blood, this felt like a genuine, violent, chaotic fight. Bunny and Tay absolutely murdered themselves for our pleasure. I actually liked it better than the Britt-Rosa match. 

33 minutes ago, MoS said:

Unlike a lot of modern wrestling street fights/no dq matches, which feel like sanitized stunt scenes or Marvel action scenes, even with blood, this felt like a genuine, violent, chaotic fight.

Yep, this is a case where the sloppiness actually helps, because it's supposed to be organic and sloppy, not carefully planned. Also : no trash can nor kendo sticks galore. Someone has been listening. Tremendous match. Anna Jay doing her best Mick Foley impersonation at the end was quite unexpected too.

8 hours ago, El-P said:

This was all about the Bunny. That's the Allie I know and love. Of course she's gonna bleed bucket and take horrific bumps in tacks. Ozaki would be proud. Gotta love Conti just wanting to fuck some shit up, hey, she said it herself, she wants to go to Japan and kick people in the head too. What a crazy match. Won't help the female demo for sure, but what a memorable way to end the year. 

First of all, I had no idea that Tay Conti had working elbow strikes that looked like that. That was the first thing I noticed. Her "knockout" strike looks great. The Gotch Piledriver on the table was also vicious.

Secondly, I don't know if that split/slip in the thumbtacks by The Bunny was planned or a happy accident but either way, her selling it & it leading to the finish was great. She pulled out the brass knuckles but then something went wrong so she wasn't able to use them & it led to the barbed wire rear naked choke, which was an awesome finish.

Modern wrestling is weird in that kayfabe is so far dead & buried that the heel of the match afterwords gets a ton of respect & support on social media due to all that they endured. Britt Baker last time & now The Bunny this time. Not saying it's not deserved, just shows how much the curtain has really been pulled back.

These women busted their asses & I'm glad to see people acknowledging that. I just hope that Honky Tonk Khan's dumb ass tweet/shit-stirring & the Swole drama doesn't overshadow it. 

4 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Secondly, I don't know if that split/slip in the thumbtacks by The Bunny was planned or a happy accident but either way, her selling it & it leading to the finish was great.

Yeah, no idea either. It kinda looks like a slip up, which is kinda hilarious, but at the same time it was such a great spot, too great for it to be a simple coincidence. If that was planned, Bunny did wonders with it because it really looked like she slipped on the tacks. And then the selling of it was awesome indeed.

These women busted their asses & I'm glad to see people acknowledging that. I just hope that Honky Tonk Khan's dumb ass tweet/shit-stirring & the Swole drama doesn't overshadow it. 

Agreed. Gonna probably re-watch it, just because ! The four of them deserves tons of credit. So glad Allie finally got a real chance to shine and show that batshit crazy side of her.

When you have Tay Conti going on Twitter to talk about diversity and how she was embraced by TK before advertising her match, it means it was already overshadowed, sadly.

Speaking of Tay on Twitter, the photos Sammy posted of their New Year's celebrations seem to confirm that they're an item now which I'm sure won't cause any problems with the mental cases who blamed her for Sammy and his ex fiancée breaking up a while back. 

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Speaking of Tay on Twitter, the photos Sammy posted of their New Year's celebrations seem to confirm that they're an item now which I'm sure won't cause any problems with the mental cases who blamed her for Sammy and his ex fiancée breaking up a while back. 

They've been pretty open on social media about it tbh. He made public he broke up, Tay got the backlash for it (fans can be so fucking toxic sometimes) and like a week later she was posting pics with him about going out on dates and stuff. I'm glad they are like "fuck it" about the whole thing.

23 hours ago, Coffey said:

Secondly, I don't know if that split/slip in the thumbtacks by The Bunny was planned or a happy accident but either way, her selling it & it leading to the finish was great. She pulled out the brass knuckles but then something went wrong so she wasn't able to use them & it led to the barbed wire rear naked choke, which was an awesome finish.

That’s a nasty bump in kayfabe if you think about it. Knowing she did the splits on the landing.