Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - January 26, 2022 - Beach Break

MoS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Pretty sure that was as close as they've got to the whole Colt Cabana deal. I suppose Colt must be cool with it now. Did him and Punk ever iron out their differences, or at least as best you could after the lawsuit mess?

I wonder if Colt will even be re-signed. He's not exactly being used much.

3 minutes ago, MoS said:

I got zero of the sports references but the crowd clearly did, that was great. 

Basically the Cleveland team's QB (Baker Mayfield) shit the bed when they played the Pittsburgh Steelers.  He was coming in to it injured but it was still bad.

Just now, sek69 said:

I was surprised at the finish, but it's not like Cole is ruined by losing in a gimmick match. 

Not ruined at all, but definitely a weird decision.

No Johnny Gargano tonight. This kind of match would've been perfect for him to show up, especially since many of his later "epics" with Tomasso Ciampa were wrestled in the same style. (I miss their earlier matches, which were amazing.)

Liked the show a lot, way better than the last couple of weeks. The opening match was fantastic and the Punk-MJF segment was golden. I didn't like the main event at all. It's not even about Orange Cassidy specifically. For some reason, most of Adam Cole's matches have had lots of plunder and comedy in AEW. I'm not sure why he's not just trying to have great no-frills wrestling matches. I'm not even a huge fan of his, but he clearly did it a good amount in NXT and before that.

I have been a HUGE fan of Danhausen. So I am VERY happy to see him get into AEW. This is a great signing. He can do basically everything and get over. Interviewer...check....comedy...check...even in the ring he isn't bad. So this signing will for sure piss people off but I for one LOVE it. Plus, even Cornette didn't rip Danhausen and found him entertaining. Said he would never watch any of his matches but as a character, he even was won over. So this is a great signing in my eyes and I am VERY glad he gets a chance with AEW.

3 minutes ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

So this signing will for sure piss people off

Why would it piss anyone off? The reaction I've seen has been universally positive. I think it's a great signing, and I've never seen him before, but his personality shines through in interview excerpts I've read and social media posts. 

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Why would it piss anyone off? The reaction I've seen has been universally positive. I think it's a great signing, and I've never seen him before, but his personality shines through in interview excerpts I've read and social media posts. 

There's folks out there who crap on things people like, and there's always someone wanting to whizz in the punchbowl.

Just now, sek69 said:

There's folks out there who crap on things people like, and there's always someone wanting to whizz in the punchbowl.

I guess so, but I'm not seeing any downside in signing a young guy with buzz who's tremendously entertaining and has a fantastic character and gimmick.