Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV February 23/25 2022

MoS

40 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Someone dug up a Facebook post from when he left college that had the Punk-Bryan shaking hands pic, so at least that much was real.

I believe he has told the bullying story in another context, too, although whether it actually happened the day he met Punk is unclear.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world title match doesn't need to be the most heated on the card to main event. In fact, it could be argued that the opposite should be the case. When promoters booked Funk/Brisco title matches, they would generally load the card up with wild angles and bloody brawls so that a serious athletic struggle in the main event would put the world title above all the nonsense.

6 hours ago, BigBadMick said:

Great promo and all, but one thing that's confusing me - why does seeing Punk and Danielson shaking hands in 2015 send MJF into a rage?

Probably trying to keep the it on “I’m still a narcissistic sociopath heel” point.  

Yeah I know I’m over thinking, but it keeps the idea that MJF was so despondent and full of his sense of narcissistic betrayal over Punk leaving the business abruptly seemingly with the intentions of never having anything to do with pro wrestling again that he took it so personally that seeing Punk do anything remotely related to Punk’s now “former life” would set him off.

Currently watching Dynamite and really enjoying it.

I’m definitely interested in seeing a Young Bucks/ReDragon match at some point.

That MJF promo was awesome and adds another emotional wrinkle to the feud. It’s really refreshing to have a feud running this long (3 months) and have very few matches but really be kept afloat by incredible promos. The Dog Collar match is my most anticipated match for the PPV.

Currently watching The House of Black vs Death Triangle match and digging that.  I don’t mind the addition of spookiness to my wrestling. Undertaker and the Ministry of Darkness was a big reason why I got into wrestling in the first place. Also add, I really like the wrestlers involved so I want to see where they go from there.

That MJF promo was one for the ages, but the one thing that struck me even before he began to talk was when he walked down the ramp. I had no idea what he was gonna say obviously, but I thought to myself "Damn, he really looks like a little boy there, that's different...". With the hindsight of the actual promo, it's amazing how great his body language was to convey that sense of vulnerability that you did not see coming, as a despicable heel no less (it's not like he was a usually bad ass babyface that would show another aspect of his character). He's just on another level. 

That PPV is stacked as fuck in term of me really caring about pretty much everything on the show (although the Cargill segment this week was a not pretty, with her forgetting to kick out and then talking at the wrong times during Conti's run in, but the match could be pretty cool, all considering they are both still green).