Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/18 - 07/24 Is Mike Mizanin the greatest Nature Boy ever

KawadaSmile

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like they got too cute with Theory winning MITB and kind of booked themselves into a corner. No one believes he could beat Roman or Brock straight up, and even if he successfully cashes in due to shenanigans he'll be completely unbelievable champion.Ā 

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

At first I was thinking how sad it was that Titus O'Neil is now a boot licker for corporate WWE because of Wall Street Journal articles but are you really a boot licker if you don't really know it

Ā 

I have to admit, I kind of lost respect for Titus Oā€™Neil when they suspended him for having the audacity to lay his hands on Vince McMahon in a joking manner, and Oā€™Neil just took it and went right back to being a PR guy for WWE.

I know the man has a family to feed and itā€™s probably not my place to judge him for what he decides to do, but I have to be honest, if I was in a similar position and I was humiliated like he was, I cannot see myself going back there. I remember Bautista publicly saying at the time that he was shocked Titus did not quit after that mess.

Titus does a lot of community outreach with WWE as his main conduit, and so I am betting he feels he wants to stay on to be helpful in some ways. Itā€™s a weird spot to be in. But I feel like he has done enough where he can do his own thing at this point where he doesnā€™t have to sacrifice moral standing.Ā 

Speaking of Titus...

Why didn't they ever do anything with him? I know the knee-jerk response is that he just wasn't very good, but he was actually a solid hot tag guy for the Prime Time Players. As far as I know, he wasn't injury prone or anything either. I can understand age being a factor in 2022, but they seemed to have given up on the guy by the mid-2010s when he was only in his mid-30s and wrestling a style that he could've managed for years and years.Ā 

He, to me, is an example of why the WWE's plan to ex-college athletes with size into Superstars is not any sort of "fool proof" plan. Titus O'Neil checks every single box including wanting to be there and willing to do whatever is asked. Its easy to say, "Well, he never got over," but that didn't stop Vince from pushing guys like Lord Tensai and Vladimir Koslov for at least a short while. I dunno. Maybe Titus reached as far as he was ever going to go, but it still seems like Vince would've tried a bit harder with the guy considering how long he's been in the company.Ā