Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/18 - 07/24 Is Mike Mizanin the greatest Nature Boy ever

KawadaSmile

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I'm glad he came back  because no one wants to see Goldberg limp his way through another main event. I just hate that the stupidest people are gonna be all LOL WORKD THA SHEETZ when multiple sources confirmed he did leave earlier. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

To be fair, I'm glad he came back  because no one wants to see Goldberg limp his way through another main event. I just hate that the stupidest people are gonna be all LOL WORKD THA SHEETZ when multiple sources confirmed he did leave earlier. 

Already seeing WWE Stans going that way.  

Hey, here's the thing. I totally can buy that as final Fuck You, Vince decided to fuck with the "sheets"/ online reporting on Social Media. I also think that Brock blowing up and then being talked to his senses is possible. I also think Vince or Stephanie or HHH could have told Brock to create a scene cause they knew it would leak. But Brock actually blowing up and walking out? I don't know,  that also requires believing that Brock would choose to not make a ton of money next week. And that's hard to swallow. 

Well it wasn't people on Twitter breathlessly reporting, it was people who have sources in the company all more or less saying the same thing. We've been too trained to yell FAKE NEWS when dealing with a company who made the phrase "plans change" famous. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Well it wasn't people on Twitter breathlessly reporting, it was people who have sources in the company all more or less saying the same thing. We've been too trained to yell FAKE NEWS when dealing with a company who made the phrase "plans change" famous. 

I trust neither the WWE or the people who make their money off saying how terrible the WWE is, but even if the latter group was correct, what's the point of reporting Brock isn't there, until you can confirm he's not actually coming back, outside of creating drama and farming clicks? Now, that's a problem w/ sports media in general, obviously, but that doesn't mean I can't make fun of Sapp and Alvarez for wanting to be the first to get the "WWE IS IN CHAOS" retweets. 

If there's an actual story, OK, report it. Otherwise, wait for actual confirmation there's an actual story, like journalists actually should. 

Shit's happening in real time, people reporting what's happening in real time. That's simple.

As far as "Thank you Vince" chants, of course they would. It's disgusting, pathetic and appalling. But hey, next week-end people are gonna honor Ric Flair, who got "cancelled" after everybody saw that flight attendant tell her horrific story on Dark Side, but now everybody has forgotten about it and really only Tommy Dreamer got a tap on the hand for saying something really stupid about it (and really now, the more I think about it, the more I think there was dishonesty from the directors putting him in this situation, I would bet he did not even see the footage of said flight attendant telling her story). The same people who are quick to send some indy nobody to the gallows because they are so concerned on social media are now clapping with crocodile tears in their eyes for a sociopathic piece of thrash who very obviously did terrible things to many, many people. But hey, thanks for the Mania Moments tm I guess.

I've seen everything, from people posting "RIP wrestling" to "Wow Trip is gonna bring pro-wrestling back and Stephanie is gonna bring the Woman Revolution back this is awesome", so really you get a morbid, cult-like atmosphere from these people. It's not a good time to be a pro-wrestling fan, really, because so many brainwashed idiots are showing up as part of the crowd. I became a fan via WWF Superstars in 90, but really if that had not happened, I would surely have stumbled onto NJPW on Eurosport a few years later (like I did), and you believe for a second I would not have become a fan then seeing fucking Jushin Liger, Muta, Hiroshi Hase, Hawk & Sasaki and those martial arts guy beating the fuck out of each others in huge-ass Dome ? Sure, I loved my early fandom as a teen and young adult, I LOVED 1997 WWF and I LOVED Mr. McMahon vs Steve Austin in 98. But today ? Sorry, fuck you and go away, piece of thrash. I owe you nothing. 

People who think Vince McMahon has single handedly ruined professional wrestling and that the on screen product will improve by his mere absence are dilusional, IMO. But as an influence and person in general, he really needs/needed to go.

6 hours ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

I trust neither the WWE or the people who make their money off saying how terrible the WWE is, but even if the latter group was correct, what's the point of reporting Brock isn't there, until you can confirm he's not actually coming back, outside of creating drama and farming clicks? Now, that's a problem w/ sports media in general, obviously, but that doesn't mean I can't make fun of Sapp and Alvarez for wanting to be the first to get the "WWE IS IN CHAOS" retweets. 

If there's an actual story, OK, report it. Otherwise, wait for actual confirmation there's an actual story, like journalists actually should. 

WWE literally removed Brock from the Smackdown preview on their website, dude. You don't think that would have had people going "WTF?" And if SRS and Alvarez had either ignored it or said, "Something's happening but I can't say what" until after the fact, they would have been pilloried for that, too.

What Alvarez reported is what happened: Brock walked out and they attempted to get him to return.

And "kermit" on reddit, who's a confirmed insider who doesn't have a newsletter to hawk, corroborated the story as well.

1 hour ago, ButchReedMark said:

Has Eli Drake been sacked?

From the Fightful Select report that came out today, they have removed him to replace him by Sofia Cromwell/Maxxine Dupri. While the other members of the stable were on board with the idea, seems like he wasn't so much. In fact, during his last appearance, it seems like he was aware he would be replaced this week. The Fightful report says he might not entirely be done because people in management still like his delivery.