Pro Wrestling Only

Oh man, WWE is possibly fucked now

sek69

from WWE.com

Cena injured on Monday Night Raw

Written: October 2, 2007

CLEVELAND – “No matter how serious the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

– John Cena in the locker room after Raw

During his match with Mr. Kennedy Monday night at Raw, WWE Champion John Cena was injured. As Randy Orton attacked Cena after the match, Jim Ross commented on The Champ's condition.

"It looked like Cena was injured earlier - his shoulder - against Mr. Kennedy," Ross said on the air.

If Cena was hurt, the injury was undoubtedly worsened by Orton’s brutal attack, which included two RKOs and an assault with steel ring steps.

The extent of The Champ’s injury is unknown. As a precaution, Cena headed to Birmingham, Ala. Monday night to be evaluated by Dr. James Andrews.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition as they become available.

SpywareInsider is speculating a possible pectoral tear.

I wonder if WWE would try to use Cena the same way they always used Austin when he was injured, where he had limited physical involvement, but did lots of interviews and would beat people up in short brawls.

I also wonder why WWE doesn't take that approach more when guys are injured, instead of having them disappear. Even if guys aren't able to wrestle right now, the star power is needed.

So at various points, without counting drug suspensions, they've lost Cena, Edge, Lashley, Mysterio, Undertaker, HHH, and Shawn Michaels to injury, Chris Benoit to suicide, and Van Dam, Booker and Flair to pseudo-retirement. Am I missing anyone?

They should just hotshot Jericho in to face Orton for the vacant title and have him win it. No fuss, no muss, huge pop.

More likely: Orton wins it from HHH due to Umaga interference, leading to HHH vs. umaga and a slow build for Orton vs. jericho (how slow of a build is relative to how panicked the WWE really is over this, I suppose).

Guest The Unholy Dragon

Well, at least Cena will be strong.

Think of it...he held the belt for over a year, and lost it due to injury and vacancy. People aren't likely to forget him, meaning a probable business boost when he returns.

Complete side note...am I the only one who thinks Cena vs. Taker could be a good feud to finish Taker's run with?

They had some good matches in 2003 and seemed to work well in the early 07 tags...could be a fun time if Taker's finally prepared to put Cena over clean.

It's pretty amusing on some boards to see the venom being spewed towards Kennedy over this, like he personally iron clawed Cena's chest until the pec was torn like warm pasta, laughing maniacally the whole time. "He didn't go up for the hiptoss!" Nevermind that a single slow-motion viewing destroys that whole theory, since he clearly planted his feet and jumped.

For the last two months, my sister in law and I have been having this argument. I keep telling her that Cena is on something, and she insists up and down that he's not. Because he's not juiced up like Batista, and he didn't get named in the sting.

Needless to say, after today, she's not up to arguing anymore.

The thing about Cena is that people look at pics of when he was the Prototype in OVW and see how he's obviously less jacked now and assume he's no longer using. Of course all that means is somewhere along the way someone taught him about moderation.

Not to take joy in someone else's misfortune but it's absolutely fucking hilarious that pretty much everyone who's been vocal about there not being any roid use in today's wrestling has either been busted or had some roid-induced injury. It's like karma is working overtime making WWE is collective bitch.

Tend to agree with Loss that the first thing that popped into my mind when hearing it was "roid injury". After all, people who've been around the Roid & Rasslin story for what seems like two decades now remember being taught back when Scott Steiner's muscles were shredding in 1991 that it was a roid type of injury.

Don't know anything about Cena's usage. But it is what crossed my mind.

John