Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - July 27/29, 2022

MoS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I could sus out, but I am not an expert at the various masked gimmicks.

Have Participated in King of Trios:
Claudio
Chuck Taylor
Orange Cassidy
Rey Fenix
Angelo Parker
Matt Menard
Sonjay Dutt
Eddie Kingston
Michael Nakazawa
Evil UNO
Matt Jackson
Nick Jackson
Bryan Danielson
Christopher Daniels
Jonathon Gresham (Unlikely to participate)
Colt Cabana (Unlikely to participate)
Jerry Lynn (Unlikely to participate)
John Silver
Alex Reynolds
Ruby Riot
Wheeler Yuta
Tony Deppen (RoH)
Yuka Sakazaki
Prince Nana (RoH)
Willow Nightingale
Kris Statlander

Miyu Yamashita has also participated but is not under an AEW contract.

Kyle Fletcher and Kota Ibushi have also wrestled in King of Trios, but are NJPW wrestlers.

Have Won King of Trios:
Claudio
Chuck Taylor
Orange Cassidy
Rey Fenix

12 hours ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

Best Dynamite in some time this week. Great show all round. The wrestling is always good but it was the character stuff that stood out this week. Starks/Hook/Hobbs, Jungle Boy/Christian, the Bucks/Page/Dark Order, Jericho's involvement, etc. It definitely feels like there's a cycle where things really cool off after a big show. We still get good matches week in week out but it feels like they're treading water a bit otherwise. Then when the time comes TK wakes up and things get hot again as they begin the build to another big show.

Wonder if the trios tournament will be 8 teams or 16. You've got...

Death Triangle
House of Black
BCC
Elite
Undisputed
JAS
Best Friends
Page & Dark Order or just Dark Order
The Factory
Gunn Club
Wingmen
Faccion Ingobernable? (Andrade, Rush, Dragon Lee?)
Tully Blanchard Enterprises
Remnants of AFO

You could have had Kingston/Santana/Ortiz or Punk & FTR if there weren't injuries.

Almost enough.

Tully Blanchard Enterprises have been bought out by Prince Nana. They're The Embassy going forward.

If they are leading up to Wardlow vs. Satnam Singh I don’t think I want to see that. I don’t think anybody wants to see that.

And I am devastated that we missed out on seeing Leon Ruffin vs. Marko Stunt. Dream match.

LOL at the mafia jokes directed at Cole Karter.

Moriarty vs. Sydal…now we’re talking.

10 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Wheeler Yuta sounds like a little kid when he talks, but that segment was pretty funny. And honestly, I really hope Yuta wins. I’d rather see him fight Moxley again over Jericho. If Danielson is going to elevate Garcia, why can’t Jericho elevate Yuta?

They’ve already advertised the show based on a Jericho vs Moxley main event. I don’t think they’d risk pissing off people who bought tickets with the bait and switch even if some people would be more excited for it.

Anna Jay looked about ten times better in this match against Soho as she did for basically forever (since the infamous hardcore brawl). She looked way more confident too and displayed a shitload of personality as a heel. Sometimes it doesn't take much. Obviously born to be a heel. Should have know, that vocal fry...

Yuta is gonna get over losing to Jericho, as he did losing to Mox. They need to boost a solid rating, and Jericho vs Mox is a big-ass match for them.

Out of nowhere, Battle of the Belt. Claudio vs Takeshita is gonna be ridiculous.

Sonjay Dutt cracks me up. He was always an underrated talent (I don't think he ever got the X-divison title in TNA). His interactions with Orange were gold here. 

That Acclaimed video too. I must give the devil its due. A Dumpster match is pretty interesting in a meta way, as it was the most famous NAO match too (against Foley & Funk)

Danielson losing to García and Jericho beating Yuta would also create good heat as there's no question some AEW fans will resent Jericho for not putting the young guy over after we had a show were Starks, Hobbs, Jungle  Boy and García were heavily featured.

I'm sure Yuta will get a couple of nearfalls and false finished that will have the crowd going wild, and that's all he needs at this point.

Was talking to a friend tonight and he’s insistent that the Hangman/Silver team coupled with the renewed Elite drama is going to end up with Hangman as a heel and Silver as a singles babyface. Can’t think I’d ever thought of that before but when it’s spelled out like that, why not?

12 hours ago, El-P said:

Anna Jay looked about ten times better in this match against Soho as she did for basically forever (since the infamous hardcore brawl). She looked way more confident too and displayed a shitload of personality as a heel. Sometimes it doesn't take much. Obviously born to be a heel. Should have know, that vocal fry...

Yuta is gonna get over losing to Jericho, as he did losing to Mox. They need to boost a solid rating, and Jericho vs Mox is a big-ass match for them.

Out of nowhere, Battle of the Belt. Claudio vs Takeshita is gonna be ridiculous.

Sonjay Dutt cracks me up. He was always an underrated talent (I don't think he ever got the X-divison title in TNA). His interactions with Orange were gold here. 

That Acclaimed video too. I must give the devil its due. A Dumpster match is pretty interesting in a meta way, as it was the most famous NAO match too (against Foley & Funk)

Dutt beat Low-Ki for the X-Division title in 2017. 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:02 PM, NintendoLogic said:

Road Dogg has been begging for an AEW job for a while now. Combine that with NAO vs. Foley/Funk being the only dumpster match anyone remembers and I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up on Dynamite. He'd be fine as a one-off, just don't bring him in full-time.

Remember when he was doing the Voodoo Kin Mafia (VKM) stuff in TNA? Then him and Billy did that shoot interview where they shit all over Hunter only to kiss his ass when it first looked like he was being primed to take over? Then when he  got fired in the mass cleanout of anyone who ever said hi to Hunter, he was suddenly trying to be TK's new BFF. 

For a guy who spent so much time in the periphery of some of the best politicians wrestling has ever seen, he sure didn't learn how to do it very well. 

On 7/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, Stiva said:

Was talking to a friend tonight and he’s insistent that the Hangman/Silver team coupled with the renewed Elite drama is going to end up with Hangman as a heel and Silver as a singles babyface. Can’t think I’d ever thought of that before but when it’s spelled out like that, why not?

Hangman has been kinda pissy and petulant ever since the Punk feud. Honestly, considering his title reign seems to have left him less over than before he got it, a heel run would not be a bad idea.