Pro Wrestling Only

So what's the endgame for Roman Reigns?

JRH

He has already shown that he can work good main event matches with good opponents. His matches with JD McDonough, Gunther and Trevor Lee were all great and as good or better then a lot of the Roman title defense. I wouldn't want to have him carrying anyone, but giving him the title and solid hands to defend it against would work good. I would just bring him in with the Creeds as sort of a Varsity Squad to feud with the Bloodline. Would be way more interesting then Cody's tired bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

He has already shown that he can work good main event matches with good opponents. His matches with JD McDonough, Gunther and Trevor Lee were all great and as good or better then a lot of the Roman title defense. I wouldn't want to have him carrying anyone, but giving him the title and solid hands to defend it against would work good. I would just bring him in with the Creeds as sort of a Varsity Squad to feud with the Bloodline. Would be way more interesting then Cody's tired bullshit.

So many ways that could go wrong, though. He’s a prodigy, but putting the world title on a guy with like a year of experience is begging for trouble, especially if you’re giving him underlings that are also, frankly, pretty green, even if also very impressive and promising. I get why people would be not into Cody, but his work in WWE so far has totally washed the odd flavor of the Codyverse out of my mouth. And given what we’re seeing in AEW these days, it doesn’t seem impossible to me that some of the bullshit stemmed from backstage intrigue we won’t hear about for another decade. 

Emotion/Feeling > Data/Analytics

Austin winning the world title at WMIXV

Bryan Danielson winning the world title a WMXXX

Lex Luger winning the title on Nitro

Goldberg winning the world title on Nitro

At the end of the day, does anyone remember or really care about the specifics of the events surrounding the build and even the match itself. I don't want to sound like Vinny You Know Who! Its Maya for pro wrestling! We don't remember what people said or did, but we remember how it makes us feel. I guess I say all that to say, Drew should have won at Clash at the Castle. Drew could have held the title for 3 months, drop it, and WWE could have done the expected Mania match. Nothing would have been lost. With that said, what's the end game? The most uninteresting and expected moment possible. Cody, unfortunately. If you want to know about Kross, think of The Bulgarian Brute during the Cena reign.

But Cody is already made, solely by the incredible performance in the HIAC match with only one arm. He already has a groundswell of support behind him waiting for his return, imagine the pop he'll get once he returns and beats Roman. The emotion/feeling part is still there with Cody. Look back at his first promo back on Raw with the picture of Dusty with the WWWF championship; it's about capturing the one title that eluded the Rhodes family all those years.

I don't think there's an endgame. The Rock match at WM seems pretty clear, but there's no way Rock's winning that. I just don't think they're long-term booking after that, yet.

It's hard for me to believe Cody Rhodes is HHH's choice. There's no way he's putting an "AEW star" over the big face of the company, that's exactly the opposite of what Triple H has always done. Trips is a huge mark for those symbolisms.

How is a match against The Rock clear? Dude has ghosted WWE for what feels like ages, now.

Regarding Triple H's choice, it always felt to me like Seth was his guy, and not Roman. Yet here we are and Roman is still the champ and Rollins isn't, which is the right call. Hunter may be a mark, but he ain't dumb. If the crowd goes insane for Cody, he will ride that wave.

ACKNOWLEDGE HIM.

6 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I don't think there's an endgame. The Rock match at WM seems pretty clear, but there's no way Rock's winning that. I just don't think they're long-term booking after that, yet.

It's hard for me to believe Cody Rhodes is HHH's choice. There's no way he's putting an "AEW star" over the big face of the company, that's exactly the opposite of what Triple H has always done. Trips is a huge mark for those symbolisms.

Trips is also a JCP mark, though, and I can imagine him finding the story of Dusty’s son winning the title his father never did compelling.