Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 1/25-1/27 - Mark Briscoe's TBS debut vs. Jay Lethal, Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage

C.S.

• C.S. changed the title to AEW TV 1/25-1/27 - Mark Briscoe's TBS debut vs. Jay Lethal, Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage
3 hours ago, C.S. said:

Bryan vs. Timothy Thatcher next week.

Should be a great match, but I still LMAO at people on PWO insisting he ever had a future in WWE outside of NXT.

I mean, at least in a Vince run WWE he didn't. Yeah it's stupid but there's no way a guy who looks like him was going to go anywhere on the main roster. 

Mark/Lethal and the post-match were incredible.  A fitting tribute that hopefully gave everyone involved the opportunity to honor a friend and colleague.  

I was 18 when Owen hart died and 25 for Eddy.  A bit older for the Benoit tragedy but still immature.  I'm now somewhat of an adult as well as a parent, both of which undoubtedly made this death hit me a lot harder than anything comparable.  Just an awful tragedy compounded by the loss's impact on such a large and seemingly wonderful family.  Be grateful for everything and everyone you have.

Dynamite drew over 1 million viewers for the first time since October. Obviously a major asterisk involved, but still heartening to hear. Since it was a mostly regular Dynamite with a tribute segment rather than a full-on tribute show, there's a decent chance some of those viewers will tune back in next week. Hopefully the human sleeping pill Timothy Thatcher doesn't drive them off. In far more depressing news, Power Slap was up big over last week. So much for having faith in humanity restored.

I believe the first time I saw Emi Sakura, then Motokawa, it was on an FMW tape, most probably facing Kaori Nakayama since they were basically the entire FMW women division at this point (this was after the retirement of Kudo). 24 years later (gasp), she's out there in AEW at 46 years old having one of the best matches of the division thus far against Jaimie Hayter. Crazy how some things turn out.